Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-09-2006, 02:04 PM   #31
Escapee
I reject your reality

Personally I would of waited till a set of lights and got out and punched him one, at least he would think twice about doing it to someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken

Cool, let's tie up already strained police resources by giving fake reports to minor (let's be realistic, it was) traffic offences?
So how many laws does someone have to break to make it a problem? Drink driving? dangerous driving? Road rage? Littering? From memory I thought you were a criminal if you broke laws. Criminals deserve to be punished.

Honestly who is going to be that upset if you clock some beer hurling ****er anyway? I punched a guy for tail gating me (eventually rear ended me) I got threatened with charges, but the law works both ways and I got away with it. So I say go for gold and make yourself feel better cause no one else cares ing_sm

You know whats worse, is if you get charged for assault and the tool gets off scot free and is encouraged and protected by the law to hurl bottles and drink drive. :gren:
Escapee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #32
james22
With da Warlords

I know what i would have done in your situation.... :jab: probably a good thing your not me lol. :

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2006, 03:01 PM   #33
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Good call mate, make sure you go to the police station and report a hit and run. You could say his car hit you, turns out he threw a bottle?

And Tinaturner, if I see you throw a bottle or rubbish out of your window, I will just go for the clublock. Keep Australia Beautiful

Edited because I just noticed Tinaturna was joking, sorry

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2006, 03:13 PM   #34
gozza

Things like this make me want to drive a Paddock Basher with bullbar

Incredible
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #35
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

merlin, I thought that all you need to have is a number plate and you can go to the police station and lodge a report. Use that report for the insurance.....
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2006, 04:44 PM   #36
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
So can anyone in insurance or police force on here advise as to what the next step would be - this morning I went over the car and found that the windscreen has a 3cm crack in it were some of the bottle must of hit. Even though I rung police on 000 at the time - they only took my first name and nothing else so do I need to go report it somewhere else and get an event number? or go through insurance - though this may cost me my NCB and excess.

If the police do decide to follow up I am fully prepared to go to court and give a statement ect. I have a perfect driving record and am an employee of the Crown so thinking that my word may stand up against his.
Neverthless your call had to have been logged along with your phone number. I'd call at a cop shop near where it happened and make enquiries.
Old 26-09-2006, 04:59 PM   #37
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

UPDATE:

I lodged an official complaint with the Police Assisstance Line today and recieved an Event Number. The lady said the police would follow it up and will be in contact with me in the near future.

I then rung AAMI insurance and sought advice as to what I can do about the damage - which is a 5cm crack in the windscreen. The advisor told me that they can follow it up but if he denies it then they will have to charge me an excess. This is because I do not have any witnesses so they can't guarantee that they can make him pay therefore she advised that I would be better off leaving it alone. She suggested waiting for the police to get back to me. She then said if the police charge him then I can claim and won't have to pay an excess.

So looks like in all probability I am going to have to pay for my windscreen - now I really wish I had followed him to his house - windscreen for a windscreen sounds fair to me.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2006, 05:10 PM   #38
gozza

you'll probly see him again
Get your car fixed and hunt him down

A woman merged into my GF on the M1 one day

we had make model colour and rego but the cops still wouldn't touch it
becuase the damage wasn't above 3 grand or some crap like that
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2006, 08:42 AM   #39
Ringo
I see you....

Merlin - you did the right thing not to follow him. The actions indicate he was a bit of a nutter.

I'm wondering though if you can get him (through the cops) for something like leaving the site of an accident, criminal damage or vandalism,

The attitude of your ins company sucks
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2006, 05:43 PM   #40
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
UPDATE:

I lodged an official complaint with the Police Assisstance Line today and recieved an Event Number. The lady said the police would follow it up and will be in contact with me in the near future.

I then rung AAMI insurance and sought advice as to what I can do about the damage - which is a 5cm crack in the windscreen. The advisor told me that they can follow it up but if he denies it then they will have to charge me an excess. This is because I do not have any witnesses so they can't guarantee that they can make him pay therefore she advised that I would be better off leaving it alone. She suggested waiting for the police to get back to me. She then said if the police charge him then I can claim and won't have to pay an excess.

So looks like in all probability I am going to have to pay for my windscreen - now I really wish I had followed him to his house - windscreen for a windscreen sounds fair to me.
Bummer, i know what you are talking about there, i had to pay extra on top off full comprehensive insurance to get free windscreen or any other glass on the car if broken.Suncorp. However hubby is with shannons and he gets it without having to pay extra.Go figure.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2006, 05:55 PM   #41
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
So, if push comes to shove and police decide to take action, will you back them up in court?

Many do not.

Anyhow, show this Pacific Highway crash-set to those who do not pay attention when driving, and fools generally as to what can happen on the roads if they don't behave or prepare for the unexpected. (Left click pics for large):
http://www.hydrophotographics.com.au...HWY/thumbnails
Wow, that's a full on set of photos. This is an aterial highway in and out of Sydney is it?

Are you Dr Karl?

Merlin - sounds like you handled yourself pretty well. I would have done the same I think.
Old 27-09-2006, 06:22 PM   #42
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by james22
I know what i would have done in your situation.... :jab: probably a good thing your not me lol. :
theres more than 1 reason to carry a tyre brace in your car!

but violence is never the answer to road rage....it can make it worse when they remember you and bring some muscle.

though im shocked the cops didnt give you a fine your using your phone while driving...

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2006, 08:57 AM   #43
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

That's a real shame, merlin - especially given the insurance thing. Way too many idiots on the road, and responsible drivers end up paying for it.

Not too hard to trace a rego to an address though...

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 09:14 AM   #44
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi all - I just wanted to update this thread:

After I left a complaint on the PAL I was contacted by the police (took a couple of months) and asked to come down to the station to make a statement in December. This took a couple of hours in total and was quite a detailed process. Anyway I was told I would probably have to go to court ect.

However today I was rung by the police and told that the case had been to court, the defendent had pleaded guilty and agreed to pay all costs. So now it is just a waiting game for the money...I personally couldnt care less about the money (well it is good to get it back :-)), it was more the prinicpal of the thing and I am glad it all got sorted out.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 09:40 AM   #45
jason71
google is my friend

Thats good news, maybe he will think twice before doing that again!
jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 09:57 AM   #46
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Yep. Too many drivers throw their cigarettes out the window.
Disgusting!
And if you suggest that they use their ashtray instead you get the standard response :"mind your own business"
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 10:09 AM   #47
Scott

I wondered what happend on this one, good to hear it's getting sorted.

XCGXL - Suggest they keep a an old coke bottle in the console with a couple of inches of water in it. That's what I use and it doesn't stink the car out.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 10:36 AM   #48
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Good to hear that you took the initiative to follow it up. Justice has been Served!
Old 19-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #49
stang65
FPRJET

on ya mate, did the right thing all worked out well.
stang65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 10:49 AM   #50
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

great result mate. I had a similar incident a few weeks back on the central coast near erina, the Vent thread - i talked to a copper about what happened and they seamed more interested in checking my details then anything else. The thread got closed for some reason before i could update, maybe people were being nasty to each other. Some faith is restored with your result tho
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 01:03 PM   #51
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

Thats great news! I wonder why the perpetrator actually admitted to it though?

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
RAREV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #52
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would have chased the idiot until i got his rego number. Unfortunately you didn't have a pen on you.
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 07:13 PM   #53
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

I keep a pen and notebook in my glovebox. Although how I'm gonna get to them while I'm driving I haven't quite worked out.....
J_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #54
dishpig
Only an xr6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MkIIFutura
Mate you did the right thing, i dont hesitate to call the local (non-emergency) police number whenever i see a drunk/hoon driver and the cops are always happy to send a patrol car their way. If you save a life it is worth it!!
whats the non-emergany number? i thought they was just 911 and 112
dishpig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 08:17 PM   #55
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishpig
You serious?
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 02:29 PM   #56
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishpig
Methinks you should get a life and stop watching so many Seppo TV shows and films!! :

In Australia a 911 is a Porsche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
You serious?
I'm afraid there are a LOT of F'wits who really think that 911 IS the emergency number!

Last edited by GasoLane; 20-01-2007 at 02:44 PM. Reason: damn typo's!!
GasoLane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 02:37 PM   #57
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In USA 911 is emergency and 411 is non emergency.
In Australia 000 is the prime emergency number.

On GSM mobile phones world wide 112 is an auxillary emergency number. It is redirected to the local emergency number, that is, in Australia to 000.

112 does not work on CDMA but will work if you are using GSM but out of service range of your telco and in another's service area e.g. Vodafone handsets can call emergency on Telstra or Optus.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 02:52 PM   #58
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
112 does not work on CDMA but will work if you are using GSM but out of service range of your telco and in another's service area e.g. Vodafone handsets can call emergency on Telstra or Optus.
That is correct. Also most people don't know this...

You can also call 112 on ANY GSM phone WITHOUT a SIM card.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 03:11 PM   #59
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Driving down the M2 this afternoon, slow cars in the left lane so I'm in the right following the car in front leaving an appropriate gap. Anyway as I am minding my own business this white ute comes up from behind sits behind me for a few seconds then decides he is going to overtake everyone on the left. So pulls around me and off he goes. Except he gets about 20 metres before the genius realises that the left lane is moving just as slow as the right.

Now this is the part I don't get - I keep maintaining the gap to the car in front of me and the ute now obviously wants to pull in front of me to make one whole car space. Pfft I don't give a rats, its been a long day, I'm not an agressive driver so I back off to make room. As I am doing this he rolls down his window and throws a beer bottle at my car which hit the front fender and shattered glass all over my car. He then gives me the finger and accelerates off, weaving in and out of traffic. I was shocked - totally unprovoked, didnt know what to do but wasn't going to let it go, had no pen ect. so rung 000 on my mobile whilst following him (he got stuck in traffic up ahead).

Reported to the operator then phone dropped out then the "police emergency line" rung me back and the woman took details of description, make, model rego ect. I told them he was possibly drunk, swerving around and throwing bottles at peoples cars. At this point he pulled off the freeway onto Windsor Rd and when I told the operator this she told me in a very stern voice to stop following him and stop driving whilst on a mobile. So I pulled over and had to let him go - she then said she was sending a unit to intercept him. Havn't heard anything since.

So look out for a white Mazda Bravo B2600 utility rego number ZHL-809.

Anyway I hope I did the right thing by calling 000 - I apologised to the operator if it was innapropriate, she didnt really answer the question but kept asking for more details on the description.

Man I wish I had ridden today, so much easier to avoid the idiots.
Go see your local police and lodge a complaint in writing ,no matter what crap they say to stop you .
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 03:14 PM   #60
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by atec77
Go see your local police and lodge a complaint in writing ,no matter what crap they say to stop you .
We're not paying attention. Are we?

Post 44!!