Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-11-2012, 01:07 AM   #31
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Default Re: Hoon caught doing 225kmph in his FPV ute!!!!

I thought past mundijong rd was a 110 zone,either way good job for getting caught.haha its only a crime if you get caught,i mean what a silly boy...
Old 29-11-2012, 01:30 AM   #32
IDT
Marko

If he is from Falcon he should well know that road is a camera hotspot. He was being a knob and should consider himself lucky it was a camera that caught him and not a roo. Throw the book at him. No excuse for that level of stupidity.
Old 29-11-2012, 02:30 AM   #33
jas98
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevaclone View Post
Whilst listening to the scanner one evening a few years ago
Heard a call from a Camera van for a HWP car to do a Patrol on the Logan Motorway as they just had an XR6T fly past at 260kph, all they could see on the image was the last two letters of the numberplate and the XR6 Turbo badge
so a bit more than 260 and you'll be right
so 261kph?/ pice of cake. now get my grave dug for tommorow. lol

seriously we have all done stupid speeds before, but i have not done anything near that!!
Old 29-11-2012, 02:35 AM   #34
jas98
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAFIA View Post
Car impounded for 28 Days, loses licence for 6 month and fine will be around $400-$1000 mark!
in qld 3.5 year ago i lost me licese for 6 months and 933 buck fine and 8 points (even though i only had 4 on p plates) for 142 in a 100 zone.........

he will get court appearance, massive fine (id say arounf the 4 grand mark) and if he has been caught speeding/hooning/being a dick in teh past before then i wouldnt be suprised he he gets jail time..

the cops here are after a orage ve commodore that fled from cops...last i herd the cops were well over 200kph and the car was pulling away! (in a 100 zone) so the cancelled the chase (gave up?? lol) they lost the car but it had no plates (this was saturday just past) there asking for public help
Old 29-11-2012, 02:45 AM   #35
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

225 on a 3 lane freeway at night in an FPV, it would have only taken seconds to get there from 110, Brembos would stop him fairly well too. I'm not making excuses for him but you hear about people doing this kind of thing in Corollas - now that's stupid. It only takes seconds in a muscle car.

I'd lock him up simply for being silly enough to get caught by a bloody camera of all things. I'm surprised he didn't report it stolen after seeing the flash.
7 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2012, 03:07 AM   #36
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile Re: Hoon caught doing 225kmph in his FPV ute!!!!

I can't see anywhere in that report that says it's an FPV??
Are we just assuming it's an FPV because the media have reported it as a Ford performance utility?

Want to know how to do an A Service for an FG XR6T?

Look in this http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339404

Thinking of oil sampling your engine?

Have a look at this trend http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ght=oil+sample
Old 29-11-2012, 03:20 AM   #37
jas98
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

think it was on news and they showed the car etc...not sure
Old 29-11-2012, 04:11 AM   #38
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Live and learn speed kills, but like others have said we all were young and stupid once.
This user likes this post:
Old 29-11-2012, 06:25 AM   #39
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's a normal motorway speed in Germany (at least for BMW/Audi/Mercs) and the police don't bat an eyelid, yet here it is hooning?

I came back to Australia yesterday and going onto the motorway out of Sydney limited to 100-110 I felt like I was trapped in a still-life painting!
Old 29-11-2012, 06:41 AM   #40
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

some of you think this is funny. we are not talking about a momentary lapse going over the limit for a few seconds. if you have ever been stupid enough to do this kind of speed ( I have , not proud of it) you will know what I mean, at these speed you know you're moving and you need to have your wits about you.
the slightest loss of concentration at these speeds and it's game over, as I said I was stupid enough to be guilty of this many years ago and was lucky enough to survive and learn how stupid I was.
if you want to do these speeds use the track not the road and don't joke about idiots who do these speeds on the road, it's not funny

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
3 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #41
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The slightest loss of concentration at anything over 90 is probably going to be fatal so yes you need to concentrate at speed, that's obvious.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #42
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentski View Post
Well at least we know that you need to be going faster than 225kmh to get through before the photo is taken
mythbusters did a segment on outspeeding the speed camera. even a lambo couldn't escape it. they ended up using a rocket dragster, which was able to get through the camera without it photographing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4pE1KBsWb0
Old 29-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #43
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

An idiot like that does not deserve a thread on this forum. Time to move on.
Old 29-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #44
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is a time and a place for everything.

I have done over 200km/h on roads in Australia many many times when the open zones were about (and will do again soon if all goes to plan).

I do not know this particular road as to how busy or dangerous it was at the time but based on some of the replies here I suspect the whole "speed kills" brainwashing campaign is support of the speed camera tax and vilifying all car enthusiasts is working very well.

Yes they guy was going fast on a road that has a limit that may or may not be appropriate but to come out and say that the only place where it is safe go faster than 110 is on a track is just naive and myopic.
Old 29-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #45
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
There is a time and a place for everything.

I have done over 200km/h on roads in Australia many many times when the open zones were about (and will do again soon if all goes to plan).

I do not know this particular road as to how busy or dangerous it was at the time but based on some of the replies here I suspect the whole "speed kills" brainwashing campaign is support of the speed camera tax and vilifying all car enthusiasts is working very well.

Yes they guy was going fast on a road that has a limit that may or may not be appropriate but to come out and say that the only place where it is safe go faster than 110 is on a track is just naive and myopic.
While you are right in the context you speak of, on a road with a limit of less than half the speed he was doing he is asking for trouble. When you have everyone doing 100 and he is doing 215 the risks are far greater . on a road where people routinely do greater speeds the drivers expect faster cars and act accordingly.
but in general the speeds we are talking are risky with the current roads and driver behaviour.
the chances of getting open speeds in NSW are less than zero bearing in mind the high traffic volumes and Harold Scrubby. Although open speeds are workable in NT they are not practical in higher population areas, I do see a valid case for 130K limits on freeways in more populated states though.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 29-11-2012, 09:26 AM   #46
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6 View Post
While you are right in the context you speak of, on a road with a limit of less than half the speed he was doing he is asking for trouble. When you have everyone doing 100 and he is doing 215 the risks are far greater . on a road where people routinely do greater speeds the drivers expect faster cars and act accordingly.
but in general the speeds we are talking are risky with the current roads and driver behaviour.
the chances of getting open speeds in NSW are less than zero bearing in mind the high traffic volumes and Harold Scrubby. Although open speeds are workable in NT they are not practical in higher population areas, I do see a valid case for 130K limits on freeways in more populated states though.
Part of the problem there is that so many have been brainwashed into thinking that NSW actually stands for "Newcastle Sydney Wollongong".

Just how high are the traffic volumes between Broken Hill and Bourke?
Old 29-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #47
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Brrraaaaaap

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 29-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #48
usernametaken
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

125kmh over the limit is just stupid and dangerous.

The guy's a d*** head, plain and simple.
Old 29-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #49
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

chew through a bit of juice at that speed.. outrageous selfish act think of the planet...
Old 29-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #50
tweeked
N/A all the way

Hysteria - and everyone is buying into it.

The reality is on a freeway of the quality that this is built to in this section, this speed on an equivalent road in Germany would be legal. So it is hardly a killing babies offence.

But others are not expecting it, so there is a danger IF there are other cars (the road is pretty empty late at night when I have been staying down in Mandurah)

However, you have to respect the law even if it is wrong, so he deserves a hefty fine and loss of license. Any more and it is out of step with any other fine, penalty etc. for whacking someone in a Pub for instance - which is far more likely to cause injury or death. To put someone in jail (like what some are calling for) for something like this (IF the road is deserted) is just stupid.

6 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #51
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTMXR6 View Post
I can't see anywhere in that report that says it's an FPV??
Are we just assuming it's an FPV because the media have reported it as a Ford performance utility?
Word on the street is it was a MK1

I think this kind of hooning should get more than 28 days.

The old safe word is getting stretched a bit here.
Old 29-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #52
Zaxx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe his flip down numberplate failed to operate....
Old 29-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #53
usernametaken
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how were his tyres?

wear?

inflation?

I don't care if he hurts himself, his choice.

what I do care about is the other person coming home on the same stretch of road at the same time.
Old 29-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #54
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

I'm very interested in the perspectives on this thread.
So - I have a challenge for all of the viewers out there.

ADD THANKS to this post if you have honestly done over 200km/h on public roads at any time during your life.

I'll explain why shortly - once we get some responses..........
(Sorry to hijack the OP - but I am going somewhere with it)
Old 29-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #55
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie View Post
Because you're a cop?
Old 29-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #56
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford View Post
That's a normal motorway speed in Germany (at least for BMW/Audi/Mercs) and the police don't bat an eyelid, yet here it is hooning?

I came back to Australia yesterday and going onto the motorway out of Sydney limited to 100-110 I felt like I was trapped in a still-life painting!
True dat, I recall arriving back in OZ as a kid back in 74' on hols from PNG, grandpa took me out in his old Holden ute from Cooranbong to Wyong, hit Hue Hue road lengths where it was (//) - he was doing typically up to 140km/h and complaining about people 'going too fast' as a bloke in a red black striped Ford went on by.

The same length is posted 80-90km/h max now, it use to be 100km/h.

Recall family doing the Hume 100-160km/h, Peats Ridge Road NSW CC 100-180km/h. Most time just relaxed travel 0-140km/h on those (//) zones.

If this WA bloke was doing 200plus with multitiudes of 'modern' AUS traffic,- he'd be a fool, on the other hand if he was 'alone' - don't care too much owing sight distances of a freeway (few hundred metres plus) etc and so on, the delinneation criteria in AUSROADS isn't that mmuch different to Euro freeway, though we permit steeper climbs.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 29-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #57
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie View Post
I'm very interested in the perspectives on this thread.
So - I have a challenge for all of the viewers out there.

ADD THANKS to this post if you have honestly done over 200km/h on public roads at any time during your life.

(Sorry to hijack the OP - but I am going somewhere with it)
For clarity sake, on NT roads 15 years ago. Given when the Gov drills into all theses days, I'm amazed I survived!

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Old 29-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #58
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Sounds like a few ppl in this thread have never broken the law.... Model citizens it seems.
Old 29-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #59
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can honestly say that txting at 200kmh+ is difficult and a silly thing too do...
Old 29-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #60
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
I can honestly say that txting at 200kmh+ is difficult and a silly thing too do...
Dude, try rolling a cigarette.

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
Closed Thread