Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-03-2007, 06:00 PM   #31
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPGMH
We shoudn't ban people for having good solid points, but that guy was pure GM. I bet his missus just left him and drove off with a bloke in an XR6
seemed like 100% ricer to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by joke+haha=ford
Anything made in australia is clearly second best to any other country.

Drive a BF GT hard every day or Drive a Sonata hard everyday.

Guess which one will die first? yes the ford
Holdens are made here as well yeah..
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2007, 06:01 PM   #32
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Back on topic,another fine example of the total incorruptibility of the unregulated market..
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2007, 06:30 PM   #33
Cruise

Quote:
Anything made in australia is clearly second best to any other country.

Drive a BF GT hard every day or Drive a Sonata hard everyday.

Guess which one will die first? yes the ford
Ive done over 250,000 kms in my El (i bought at 130,000) and it goes strong still oh and its made here in australia!!!. your obviosly here just to stir the pot.
Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2007, 06:49 PM   #34
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Well, not wanting to get flamed here but I drive Kia Sorrento. It is just coming up for its first twelve month (15,000K) service and so far - zero defects.

The purchase decision came from what I have read on the forums (Territory forum in particular) on the BA and to a lesser extent the BF as well as test driving the Fords and also looking at the 1 to 2 year old Fairmonts and Fairlanes. And well, I bought the Kia (ugly perhaps but has not let me down and has not been back to the dealer once).

Sorry fellas but my exposure to the new Fords was not a good one. Neither is it for a friend that has a BA. Put more simply, not real good cars. Will now put on flame suit and run away very quickly!!!!!!!
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #35
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
The head of Hyundai Motor was sentenced to three years in jail for embezzling funds from the car maker, dealing another blow to a company battling a rising won and restive labour unions.

The surprise ruling - the expectation was that Hyundai Motor Chairman Chung Mong-koo would get a suspended jail sentence - initially sent shares in the country's top carmaker down over 3 per cent today as investors worried about a management vacuum.

Mr Chung (68) wearing a dark grey suit, appeared shaken after the verdict. He quickly left the courtroom, which was filled to capacity with Hyundai group employees, including Mr Chung's son, Chung Eui-sun, the president of sister company Kia Motors.

Mr Chung, who will be appealing the sentence, was arrested last April on allegations that Hyundai and its affiliates set up slush funds to pay for political favours.

Hyundai shares fell as much as 3.15 per cent following the sentencing but recovered to close flat at 69,800 won.

Shouldn't it be for buildin sxxtbox cars????
So thats where the money from the "Build Quality Cars Fund" Went!