Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-04-2006, 06:20 PM   #31
Aeron
DJR Fan

Borry is right. Driver education is the key. Driver attitude is also another one. Im sure the driver thought nothing like that will happen to him. It can and it did.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:21 PM   #32
LUXO_8
windsor user

on the news they said the holden veered into the path of the subaru... i hate when the media gets things *** about........
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:22 PM   #33
mustang

i think it should be done through skools and make it a class

it would mean u could do it for like 2 yrs (11,12) i would love to do it just to save a life

WWW.QLDSTREETSCENE.COM/
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:24 PM   #34
HLC
Audi S3

i saw that on the news. absolutely terrible. :(

i came across an accident not long after it happened, less than a minute at James Ruse Drive off ramp on the M4 once... a car was geting off the motorway, went way too fast around the corner, understeered over the median strip flicking it onto its side and another car just came along and took off the hole top of the car. across the window line, including the top half of the driver... its scary stuff.
Old 17-04-2006, 06:28 PM   #35
FordFan86
meow

Good on you for pulling over, a lot would have kept going I'm sure.
It really is tough with what you've had to witness tho.. My dad was a 'traffic officer' (cop) in New Zealand 20+ years ago. He's told me a couple of stories, but really doesn't like talking about the times where he was first on the scene of a fatality or otherwise.
Mum has told me of a few instances where he's came home covered in someone elses blood after a major accident.... not nice.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:29 PM   #36
chief
FTF Club Moderator

I have seen one of my good mates in the car ahead of me fall asleep at the wheel at hit 3 oncoming cars. The car was a mess, he was blooded up. Smashed the rear windown and pulled him out. That was one of the most shocking things I had seen.

I do feel sorry for people who end up in a circumstance where they see this type of things - blood / guts / death. Speak to a counsiler Aeron. It will definently help.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:30 PM   #37
Magical_ED
FORDISMâ„¢

Borry, i have the EXACT same view. They need a compulsary driver education system. Like you do the p's test these days, but what if they did a compulsary defensive driving course?, make ppl learn how to handle a car in different situations. It WOULD save lives, and i'm doing one for my 18th, so i can leanr how to handle an out of control car, or whatever in different situations. I want to live in a situation that could easily be handled and avoided.
Sorry to hear that you had to see this aeron, hope you pull up alright after itm ate. I dont think id been able to do what you done. Id pull over and call the cops/ambos/firies at most.
Old 17-04-2006, 06:32 PM   #38
McobraR
me may my mo

You actually saw the accident? MAN that wouldve been real disturbing indeed. I just live a minute or so away from where it happened and, from what ive heard, im so glad i didnt see it.
In the end, i agree, slow down, so many young blokes in their hotted up cars always trying to prove somethin by goin fast.
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:43 PM   #39
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFan86
Good on you for pulling over, a lot would have kept going I'm sure.
Some of us would like to stop and render assistance. But as I said earlier not everybody is capable of handling such a gruesome scene. I have the utmost respect for all people in the emergency services who have to deal with this type of trauma on a regular basis.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:46 PM   #40
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
Some of us would like to stop and render assistance. But as I said earlier not everybody is capable of handling such a gruesome scene. I have the utmost respect for all people in the emergency services who have to deal with this type of trauma on a regular basis.

FF
i didn't really think about how i would react to the situation which i mentioned on the last page, i just felt obliged as i was THERE when it happened to see if there was something i could do, it was an automatic reaction. Having said that, a lot of people did keep driving as though nothing had happened.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:46 PM   #41
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

[QUOTE=Aeron]This morning I had the misfortune of coming across a triple fatality 30secs after it happened. I was heading west bound on Bringelly road and came across a blue WRX with the whole side of the car taken out, and 50 or so metres up the road was a red HQ Holden with huge front and side damage. 2 cars had pulled over coming the other way and I pulled over opposite. The guy from one of the cars went to see if the people in the HQ were Ok. The lady called “000”, and I went to the WRX to see if everyone was Ok. When I got to the car I was confronted with the most shocking site in my life. The driver, and the passenger in the back seat were both dead. Both had massive head injuries. The passenger in the front seat was unconscious. The cars horn was blaring. There was nothing I could do.

ALWAYS reach in switch OFF the ignition of the crashed vehicles, number one. You see, you must deactivate for certain that damned fuel pump.

Don't laugh or dismiss this, but hit those hazard lights. Even on a crashed car on the road.

I've attended far too many such scenes and so Aeron you have my respect for doing the right thing and a job well done in the circumstance. One of the worse I've attended by pure chance was of a trapped person burning alive in an older Civic many years ago, till the sweet mercy of someone with a gun.

These are sadly a fact of life and nothing will change that, but we can make positive changes in REDUCING such trauma, even at the cost of ridicule by some. Have a look at my Signature weblink.

I am advocating as part of future NSW licensing requirements a mandatory first aid course, of 'some' nature' for certain license categories.

Aeron, you must come to terms with this dreadful reality, talk it out with people as you have done here, if in time you need to talk to someone professionally, this is should be done. The best post in a long time and I am glad you have made it.

I must say, on a Prima Facie basis, I have some sympathy for the innocent.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:48 PM   #42
2kool4u

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's alright, the people know me here

Soory to hear you had to witness that mate, you done really well to keep your cool till you got in the car, If I ever saw something like that I'd curl up into a ball and cry as soon as I saw it.

It'll definetely make me think twice next time I go to put my foot down.
2kool4u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:50 PM   #43
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Keepleft, you're saying that someone had to shoot the person who was burning ? What a horrible situation.

What exact capacity do you operate in ? Are you an officer of the law, or a government affiliate ? Always wondered.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:52 PM   #44
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang
i think it should be done through skools and make it a class

it would mean u could do it for like 2 yrs (11,12) i would love to do it just to save a life
We had a "Personal Development" camp in yr 11, and one of the sessions while we were there was a visit from the accident investigation team. They had a chat and answered a few questions and passed around photos taken at fatal accidents. They can't show the victims or anything like that, but you could see stains and the mangled wrecks.
It probably shocked everyone for the next hour or so, but I'm sure most of the other people in the room have forgotten it by now.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:53 PM   #45
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

KeepLeft was on aca the othernite, about car hoons and what did he have to say....
We dont need hipowered cars on our roads...
And as Dickie Johnson replied, lets not ban hi performance cars but low performance drivers....
Sorry bout the off topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:55 PM   #46
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Being with Emergency services and underground rescue, we got to see many disturbing films etc on carnage...
You really never are prepared
Quote:
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 17-04-2006, 06:56 PM   #47
robjg33
broady grown

To Aeron i know its a tough thing to see and be around but it is a lot easier to deal with by taliking to someone. Even how you have done it here.only you can decide what will work best for you but my advise is do something about it. i have seen this sort of stuff before and even 17 years down the track i can picture some of them now.
i worked as a towie and was involved indirectly with ambo's.
cheers
Rob
robjg33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:57 PM   #48
mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
We had a "Personal Development" camp in yr 11, and one of the sessions while we were there was a visit from the accident investigation team. They had a chat and answered a few questions and passed around photos taken at fatal accidents. They can't show the victims or anything like that, but you could see stains and the mangled wrecks.
It probably shocked everyone for the next hour or so, but I'm sure most of the other people in the room have forgotten it by now.
i think both of them should be done

WWW.QLDSTREETSCENE.COM/
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:59 PM   #49
Kenster

Pretty much there a lot of important lesson to be taught here. As much i speed like the next guy on here but i do generally make sure i know the car top to bottom, overall is the fact that alot of these situation need to take into count and try to implent into the socialty especialy wne manufactor are making more car with my power in the engine
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:59 PM   #50
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

No back then, I was merely a high distance driver, easily over a hundred thousand kays per year, and the speed fines to prove it. The more distance one drives, the greater the 'exposure' to crash potential.

The civic thing wasn't nice at all, but I 'think' an elderly resident came out and quickly did the deed, those around simply 'looked away' not watching what direction he left. The mans family I recall gave heartfelt thanks in the press for ending their loved ones pain.

Lets just say I nag governments (and public servants in treasuries) for money and the release of funds for road projects, amongst other evil deeds.

Then you have kids and babies and fast closing traffic, hence my advocacy.

My brother is a senior Hunter region paramedic and fire brigade captain, I'd not have his jobs - for any money.

SVO347 - I missed that, wasn't me - I actually have VERY high standards that I hold in relation to vehicle standards and equipment requirements. If you think we get second best, your right. I should add I have no problem with performance vehicles, I do have a problem with how some of them are driven.

Last edited by Keepleft; 17-04-2006 at 07:13 PM.
Old 17-04-2006, 07:00 PM   #51
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

My thoughts go out to the families of the people involved. Aeron thank you for posting your experiences on the forum, although extremely unpleasant hopefully it may make someone who reads it think twice before they decide to do something risky or potentially dangerous.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 07:12 PM   #52
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft

SVO347 - I missed that, wasn't me - I actually have VERY high standards that I hold in relation to vehicle standards and equipment requirements. If you think we get second best, your right.
Well your names harold scruby isnt it??
Only way i know that name is thru here..
It was on the show where a guy had had young son killed by a black holden commodore last week.
Quote:
Old 17-04-2006, 07:19 PM   #53
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
Well your names harold scruby isnt it??
No.

Only way i know that name is thru here..
The one thing Harold has my support of is in his call to raise the existing "shared traffic zones" speed limit from 10km/h to 20km/h, AND TO rename them as 'pedestrian zones'. Outside that? not much . . .

It was on the show where a guy had had young son killed by a black holden commodore last week.
Perhaps then we should ban black cars?:-) Seems a public servant knee jerk reaction, wait and see.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 17-04-2006, 07:20 PM   #54
jeffchalker

Default My 5 cents worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
KeepLeft was on aca the othernite, about car hoons and what did he have to say....
We dont need hipowered cars on our roads...
And as Dickie Johnson replied, lets not ban hi performance cars but low performance drivers....
Sorry bout the off topic.
HI All
My Five cents worth
Tell Ayrton Sennas family that speed doesnt kill its the low performance drivers - What a load of bull
This is the most redneck, idiotic thing I have ever heard come out of Dick Johnsons mouth and Im a big fan of his

Education - we are working on it
The NSW Fire Brigades is conducting Rescue Ed at High Schools showing a video of at true story of a Firefighters son who became a paraplegic as a result of a Motor Vehicle accident and showing people the results of accidents by the demonstration / extrication of people from cars
The other guys are right get some support We all need it from time to time. Different things affect different people in different ways make that your first stop

Keep well Jeff
jeffchalker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 07:23 PM   #55
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Perhaps then we should ban black cars?:-) Seems a public servant knee jerk reaction, wait and see.
Like hell I drive a black car
:
Quote:
Old 17-04-2006, 07:24 PM   #56
BlackLS

Aeron, you seem the type of person who can just deal with a situation and get it through, then have time for the emotions. You coped with the tradgedy well and I take my hat off for your performance. Theres nothing you could have done to help, so don't beat yourself up about it. Go see a specialist, or if you are having really bad thoughts tonight call Lifeline 13 11 14, local call charge. Write this down on a post it note and keep it in your pocket.

I've been on this section of road numerous times and its like Darkhorse said its a pretty horrid piece. Should be Black Spot signed or even a very well signposted orange speed camera on a post (although this could cause more accidents than prevent). This is one of the few places where I'd agree, a speed camera is placed there for saftey, not greed.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 07:28 PM   #57
robjg33
broady grown

Borry
speed is a main factor in a lot of accidents there is more than enough research done on this to show it read some of the Monash Accident Research Centre reports.
so if its the main cause of accidents they thats what should be the focus by the Govt. just like drink driving ads hammer home the message as well.
there is also a lot of people who have the "it wont happen to me" attitude and that sort of over confidence can lead you into a situation which can end in tradegy.
look at the way car manufacturers cram more safety features into new cars today, but, you can build a car with every safety feature imaginable but you still have one major problem
the nut behind the wheel
driver education can and does help but it wont solve everything i know dills that think "i will be right ive done advance driver education" again over confidence
We may never know all the reasons for every accident but some are easy to tell what is a dominating factor or major cause

ps
yes i was young and thought it would never happen to me and i was wrong as well
fortunatly im here to say it
robjg33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 07:36 PM   #58
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Aeron, what you have witnessed is something that most people will never experience in their lives. And for that my friend i take off my hat to you.
My best mate is an ex volunteer ambo here in Adelaide and some of the stories he has told me over the years still haunt me and i wasn't even there.
We have other friends that hate to hear the stories and can't understand why i take the time to listen, but knowing the way it affects my mate i know it is my duty to help him make sense of it.
One thing that lingers on in his mind long after the visions have faded is the question why. Why do people have to go like that.
I'm sure its a question you will ask yourself time and time again. Why did he have to do that, why was the other car there and not 100 meters up the road, why did you have to be their to see the aftermath.
No one can answer these questions now but what you can do is tell every person you know about what you saw. Let them see how it has affected you and pleed with them to consider their driving attitude.
My mate always says that children are the worst to deal with and with so many families on the road over Easter lets just reflect on how vulnerable we really are.
Talk to your mates buddy

steve.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 07:38 PM   #59
b2tf
not here much anymore

I always dread seeing threads like this for two reasons - first one being that obviously something has happening, and secondly because that whatever has happened is affecting somebody in an indirect way.

Without wanting to "swap stories" so to speak, I too have seen a few fairly nasty sights, and you don't forget them in a hurry. Probably the worst ones I have seen are the results of a head on where a woman died - I was unlucky enough to find her in her car, and also seeing what happens to somebody when they are hit by a freight train doing 100+ kms.

Neither of these are things I would wish on anybody, not even my worst enemy. I personally found that whenever I was in those situations, you get a lot of thoughts running through your mind about your life in general. Not neccesarily about how it could happen to you, but everything just rushes through.

I think how you deal with it results from a conscious decision you make, or at least it did for me. I can talk about these incidences like this now because I dealt with them, and, as sick as it may sound, actually learnt from them. there is no better way of convincing yourself it's not worth taking risks etc than seeing the result.

Take comfort in the fact that you stopped when so many would have got out of there as soon as they possibly could. Acknowledge what's happened, but don't dwell on it. Make a conscious decision to move on from the day's events, and add that little bit more value in what you do every day.

And above all, just remember that you have done everything anybody could have. Don't ever make the mistake of thinking it's your fault, or that you should have done more.
Old 17-04-2006, 07:39 PM   #60
GTP-814
love the quad cams

Aeron, confronting what you have seen today is not a sight that many can deal with. Consult a specialist if you cant sleep tonight as it could take a few days to really hit, especially the images you have seen. Performance cars are great but only in the hands of sensible drivers...all young drivers should be made to do a defensive driving course
GTP-814 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post