Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 17-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #31
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Default Re: Ford stops GT Falcon sales over engine problem

Im no hater,i just tend to look at the glass half empty.
You had bad service and bad luck with euro cars,i had that from ford,i could just as well say dont go bashing euro cars,its no different is it?
This user likes this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #32
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I kind of wonder how much crowing and laughter would be going on here if it was a Holden with the same problem...

Face it...it's an unpopular car that the maker has got lazy about. Simple as that. As I have said before, no maker can rely on the long-gone philosophy of trusting that buyers will just "naturally" buy a Falcon (or a Commodore) because "dad had one and his dad had one some I will have to buy one"...doesn't happen any more, hasn't happened for a decade or two. Buyers used to be "badge blind" and ignore faults, problems, and lazy design because all they could see was the badge on the front...but not anymore. People demand more, and quite rightly for the price of cars we are charged in this country.

The problem is that Ford and Holden simply did not realise this...they just lazily kept chucking out cars that people weren't buying, and they honestly seemed to be puzzled. The big makers in the USA have been repeatedly caught out by the exact same thing over the years when they didn't read the public and look at sales trends, and our makers here learned literally nothing from it.

On a prestige limited run model like the GT, Ford should have put their absolute best effort into it...not made it the same same way they've been making "ordinary" Falcons for a while now...
Old 17-09-2014, 12:07 PM   #33
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
Im no hater,i just tend to look at the glass half empty.
You had bad service and bad luck with euro cars,i had that from ford,i could just as well say dont go bashing euro cars,its no different is it?
I see it as Half a glass.

Yes, Thank you for making my point for me. You had a bad experience doesnt mean everyone has. And just as I've had a bad run with Euros, doesnt mean others have either. I even mentioned that a friends car had no issues and mine did. So I wasnt bashing euros. I was pointing out that just cause you and I had a bad run, doesnt equate to blanket statements such as the ones you have made.
Old 17-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #34
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Im not bashing ford im stating the well known facts,if you dont want to hear it then thats fine,i think a blanket statement is what happened to the falcon in general,kind of speaks for itself....
Anyhow its pretty old news and has been covered over and over so no need to flog an already rotting and fully dead carcass,my apolagies to the op for going off topic!
Old 17-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #35
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
Production hasn't been stopped, its just after they found the lubricant was being used, they stopped using it, so not even a minute stop on the production line
Joshua is just an attention seeking little grub that wont let facts stop a good story (in his mind)
If one of my employees were so inept, I would kick his **** out the door
and if he is freelance, I wouldn't buy one story of him
If my boss was such a **** I'd try and take him for a lifetime of workcover!!!

I'd like to see the pathetic armchair boss not a make a single human error in his lifetime.

Last edited by ILLaViTaR; 17-09-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 17-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #36
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Quote:
Im only bringing issues to light others are scared to,its not bashing at all,is what im saying untrue?
My post wasn't actually aimed at anyone in particular. But is this thread an appropriate place to unload past frustrations again? Not saying these feelings aren't justified. Here we have a minor issue, no ones suffered, Ford have proactively handled it, done and dusted. Only the Dowlings of the world would even bother to make a story out of it.
Old 17-09-2014, 12:19 PM   #37
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
My post wasn't actually aimed at anyone in particular. But is this thread an appropriate place to unload past frustrations again? Not saying these feelings aren't justified. Here we have a minor issue, no ones suffered, Ford have proactively handled it, done and dusted. Only the Dowlings of the world would even bother to make a story out of it.
Ok no probs mate,my misunderstanding,i think you summed it up pretty good,as stated in my previous post,i apolagise to the op for going off track and im done.
Cheers
Old 17-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #38
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
I kind of wonder how much crowing and laughter would be going on here if it was a Holden with the same problem...
You mean like a key barrel issue that has already caused deaths in the US?

This isn't a recall. Its a service action because nothing bad will happen...except for a louder engine noise.
Old 17-09-2014, 12:34 PM   #39
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Im not bashing ford im stating the well known facts,if you dont want to hear it then thats fine,i think a blanket statement is what happened to the falcon in general,kind of speaks for itself....
Anyhow its pretty old news and has been covered over and over so no need to flog an already rotting and fully dead carcass,my apolagies to the op for going off topic!
No negativity allowed in regards to the GT-F. Because a lot of people here have bought one (or maybe three), and of course that entitles them to ignore the controversy and display how precious they actually are to everyone.

We are only allowed to bash other peoples livelyhoods, opinions and hardships on this forum. Insulting their shiny new zionist toy is completely uncalled for...

Last edited by ILLaViTaR; 17-09-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 17-09-2014, 12:45 PM   #40
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR View Post
No negativity allowed in regards to the GT-F. Because a lot of people here have bought one (or maybe three), and of course that entitles them to ignore the controversy and display how precious they actually are to everyone.
Ok ILLaViTaR, I understand you're trolling but I'll bite.

Ford notified each of the owners personally and even sent mechanics to some peoples houses if the car was in storage, what is the issue you have with that action?

I don't think we are ignoring the "controversy" we're just satisfied with the personal service that we've received. If we get all worked up over minor things like this we'd have a very very sad life I think.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
6 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 12:52 PM   #41
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:

We are only allowed to bash other peoples livelyhoods, opinions and hardships on this forum. Insulting their shiny new zionist toy is completely uncalled for...
FFS , cry me a river won’t you...
9 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 12:54 PM   #42
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
Ok ILLaViTaR, I understand you're trolling but I'll bite.

Ford notified each of the owners personally and even sent mechanics to some peoples houses if the car was in storage, what is the issue you have with that action?

I don't think we are ignoring the "controversy" we're just satisfied with the personal service that we've received. If we get all worked up over minor things like this we'd have a very very sad life I think.
Absolutely nothing mate I'm not even talking about the fault. Don't know if I'm trolling actually I just find it hilarious/hypocritical/audacious how precious all the people "are allowed to be" who have bought this car.. how insecure they are about it yet don't mind dishing out crap themselves on others. Sad really, all the public servants currently losing their jobs reading all this self entitled crap (how we can't bag a controversial car because of how it makes THEM feel...) but how they're allowed to attack the livelihoods of others with absolutely no regard to how it's meant to make them feel.. I think one of them even called me "A blow to every hard worker who bought this car" if he remembers yet he doesn't care about the blow that he is to workers in the public service.

And the only time you'd see 30 likes per pointless post is when Hawthorn have beaten Geelong lol from the sad Hawks fans. To prove my point. Pathetic honestly. You bought them may as well get comfortable with driving them and not care what other people say.

Last edited by ILLaViTaR; 17-09-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 17-09-2014, 12:54 PM   #43
Blueford260

Quote:

I don't speak tollaness but if you go back and read post #8 I think it should explain the whole issue and how Ford are sorting it out and the only reason Ford stopped production of the GT-F was because it was they knocked off for the day but that will not make you read the story
Old 17-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #44
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueford260 View Post
I don't speak tollaness but if you go back and read post #8 I think it should explain the whole issue and how Ford are sorting it out and the only reason Ford stopped production of the GT-F was because it was they knocked off for the day but that will not make you read the story
Ah honestly I just read the topic and the moment I started reading the replies felt how sad and pathetic people were being. The guy mentions a negative article and to them that's some form of entitled sacrilege enough for them to have a facebook army in this thread.

No negative/controversial posts allowed on everyones' number 1 new toy would be the self entitled impression I'm getting here. Livelyhoods, hardships are all up for scrutiny but not this car of all things.
Old 17-09-2014, 01:12 PM   #45
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

HAHA got to agree if this was a GTS issue...we'd be caning Holden...

Ford....oh it's OK, these things happen.
8 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #46
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Holden driver: haha nah mate she's all good!! Just a bit of lube that shouldn't have been used!

Ford driver: ATTN ATNN ATTN!! VF Crapodore engine bay ignited today (link). discussion eventuates to how lube was the origin of the fire before any forensics have actually taken place
Old 17-09-2014, 01:30 PM   #47
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Is this tread still open
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
Old 17-09-2014, 01:32 PM   #48
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
FFS , cry me a river won’t you...
I'm not the one crying this time though :(

If this threads to sensitive for some people then it's obviously too sensitive.. jesus lol a car of all things don't take it so personally.
Old 17-09-2014, 01:35 PM   #49
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good lordy - the little grommet that shook the entire motoring world.

Nothing more to see here folks, time to move on me thinks - also vote to close thread.
Old 17-09-2014, 01:41 PM   #50
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

VF Holden Commodore recalls/reworks:

Wiper Motor Recall
Seat pretensioner Recall
Seat Weld Recall
AC drain seal inspection
Body Control Module reprogram
HVAC updates
Gas hose Recall
Gas ECU program recall

One little recall on a GTF is nothing in comparison.

Dowling is a clown.
Old 17-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #51
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

retard level of aff off the scale

congrats
Old 17-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #52
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Bah! I've had nothing but GREAT customer service over the last 11 years starting with my BA XR8, my G6E's and now my GTF. They have always come to the party with warranty claims and I've always been given a courtesy car if the issue takes additional time. Always kept up to date on the progress of issues, fitting me in on short notice and making my car priority if its a warranty claim! Fantastic from Ford! They even warranted things I didnt even think they would and even when warranty ran out, they still did work on the car as it happened straight after the end of warranty.

I'll admit I never owned a terri with the ball joint issue but I have no reason to think otherwise that I'd have been given the same level of service that I've been given for my other cars!

I've learnt that dealerships employ people. If you want in with a sense of entitlement, you might be disappointed. You treat people like people, they will go the extra mile for you.

And calling it a last ditched effort is a little silly. They are closing Falcon production and not leaving Australia. I guess haters will always hate.
I agree. My local Ford dealer has been fantastic with any issue I've had with my car. Even given me a loan car when I didn't even buy my car from them!
Old 17-09-2014, 01:44 PM   #53
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Honestly ILLaViTaR I'm having trouble understanding your point now. You quoted me and then didn't respond to anything I asked.

What do public servants have to do with this?
Who's being precious about it?

There only seems to be one person getting worked up here and it aint the GTF owners ;)

Current Rides
Old 17-09-2014, 01:57 PM   #54
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
Honestly ILLaViTaR I'm having trouble understanding your point now. You quoted me and then didn't respond to anything I asked.

What do public servants have to do with this?

Who's being precious about it?

There only seems to be one person getting worked up here and it aint the GTF owners ;)
1. Everything obviously
2. The people who bought GT-F's/condemn public servants?

That is all I should need to say to get my point across?? and without sparking a ****storm
Old 17-09-2014, 02:05 PM   #55
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok, thanks for your insight

/ignore

Current Rides
2 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 02:07 PM   #56
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And that's wrong. All the hypervigilant GT-F owners started unfairly spazzing out at the OP for merely posting what he did.. an article referencing a fault in all their new cars.. this seemed to offend them personally for some insecure reason, with the entire facebook brigade and distressed posts before I even entered the discussion. We can therefore conclude that I am definitely not the only one here worked up.

Seeing some people worked up over such meaningless trivial new toy crap is funny, but attacking people for merely posting an article you don't like the news of is absolutely ridiculous!!!

Discussing the fault in a car you all bought is not considered taboo... but sledging public servants who start threads about their job insecurity while they're down would be a good example of taboo. Obviously this reminds me of things/CharlieWool and this time it's the other way round and worst of all it's over something as trivial as a new car!!!

Which seems a bit audacious for them to regard as taboo given their behavior towards actual taboo.

I'm not sure if you're aware but on this forum some exact members have displayed their opinions on taboo subjects with no regards to the victim and directly to their face, insulting/disapproving of their situations directly/personally. But we simply post an indirect negative article that regards their new toy and a ****storm eventuates. Boy these people are precious and need to get real.

Last edited by ILLaViTaR; 17-09-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 17-09-2014, 02:18 PM   #57
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I vote for Joshua to no longer write stupid articles
Old 17-09-2014, 02:19 PM   #58
Chopped
as in chopped

Old 17-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #59
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

IllaViTar - consider the matter as a being a veiled communist threat against public servants, take a breath and have a good lie down.
4 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #60
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

ILLaViTaR. No one is attacking anyone, except one poster who appears to be being deliberately argumentative with a significant number of members in generalizations and off topic posts. In case you haven't noticed the actual owners are relaxed about it and you seem to care a whole lot more than they do. I'd take a break and come back later.