Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #7081
Rodge
Banned

Default Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

I think its a good look but reserve judgement till I've seen it in the metal BUT how much new technology has it got...and before you all say it doesn't need new technology just look how well the VF is selling !
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #7082
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
There are a lot of cars out there still using incandescent lights. Contrary to popular belief, LED lights are not the pinnacle of Technical development in the automotive world.
They are actually. All you have to do is where automotive excellence comes from (Europe).

I can live with incandescent globes in the tail lights, but not the centre stop light. There is no reason why they could not have adopted an LED centre stop as another poster mentioned was used on 1995 Fairlanes.

That said, I'm still buying one.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2014, 05:25 PM   #7083
Slorta
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
I think its a good look but reserve judgement till I've seen it in the metal BUT how much new technology has it got...and before you all say it doesn't need new technology just look how well the VF is selling !
The VF will outsell the Falcon hands down. And why, not because the VF is a better car (we all know it isn't) but because Holden advertises the VF.

For the last 4 years, Ford management have just wanted the Falcon to go away. Now their dream is nearly a reality.

An American CEO with Chinese interests. What hope did Ford Australia ever have ???

Last edited by Slorta; 06-08-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Slorta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2014, 05:41 PM   #7084
V8 Ghia Mike
Blue blooded Ford guy!

They do.

Mike

94 EF Fairmont Ghia 5.0- XR8 in a tuxedo...
Bordeaux purple, Tickford kit, 2.5+ inch drop, EL Ghia chrome, leather, Pioneer sound, C&C, electric everything, 18" BA XR8's, ABS, LSD, GT40P's, Crane cam, ChipTorque ECU, XR8 snorkel, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights.
V8 Ghia Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2014, 05:42 PM   #7085
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slorta View Post
The VF will outsell the Falcon hands down. And why, not because the VF is a better car (we all know it isn't) but because Holden advertises the VF. It's as though Ford management just want the Falcon to go away.
Mate, get over it. The Commodore will continue to outsell the Falcon you're right there, but it has very little to do with advertising. That's been covered on these forums many a time.
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2014, 06:02 PM   #7086
Slorta
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquilized View Post
Mate, get over it. The Commodore will continue to outsell the Falcon you're right there, but it has very little to do with advertising. That's been covered on these forums many a time.
It has little to do with advertising ? Then it must have something to do with........?

I went into a Ford showroom last weekend and they didn't even have a Falcon on the showroom floor. It's pathetic. If you never see it advertised, and the dealers don't display it, howz anyone going to know they sell them.

And that's why, they don't !!!
Old 06-08-2014, 06:12 PM   #7087
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
The VF will outsell the Falcon hands down. And why, not because the VF is a better car (we all know it isn't) but because Holden advertises the VF.
You can advertise a car all you want. But getting someone to hand over $40-60k of their hard earned (and usually borrowed) money requires more than a TV commercial. Look at the volume movers- XR6 vs SV6 for example. The SV6 comes standard with leather/suede interior, dual zone climate, blind spot monitoring, front park sensors, auto park, electric handbrake, rear radar (cross traffic warning in reverse), auto windows, remote start, then the little things like soft touch stitched dash & doors, lined boot, gimmicks like Mylink apps, the list goes on. The XR6 presently has none of that and they're still in the same price range. That's why VFs are selling, Holden have thrown every trinket they have at it and it seems to be working. And that's why the FH will need a heavier standard equipment list to counter what Holden are offering with VF. Advertising won't save you if the product isn't up to par.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #7088
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sorry but the VF is a much better car than the FG falcon, no question there. I do really hope the new Falcon comes close to the VF, I really do. I'm not a fan of the rear end treatment of the FH (Z) but that white one in the pic from Spyman has me thinking again about that statement. In the flesh I'm thinking it might look quite nice! I wont be buying one though, I am enjoying the change. But the missus wants a Kuga so I am entertaining that idea.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #7089
Callum31

I don't know about you guys, but I've never seen so many willing XR8 buyers, getting the feeling Ford won't have any idea about this and struggle to keep up with the demand. Secondly didn't someone here think that production has now started for the new Falcon ready for showrooms?

Thirdly the idea of the new emission laws coming in on November 2016 (Month before Ford closes) could be canned and if so, does that mean we could see the Falcon soldier on a little longer if sales are a success?
Callum31 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2014, 06:56 PM   #7090
chopstar87
The Original ChopstaR

I like your enthusiasm Callum31... the but there is a lot of difference from someone saying that they will buy one on the forum or Facebook then someone actually going to drop $50-60k on a new car and buying one. sad fact...

and the falcon will sadly not go past 2016 no matter how many they sell (I thought it was Oct 16 that It was to finish, before the new emissions laws).. it will still be cheaper and more efficient to gets cars sent from overseas here and sell them, then building and selling the local falcon.

2 reasons why the commodore sells... one is that its a better equipped and is next gen compared to falcon, the 2nd reason is that magical badge on the front that a lot of Australians blindly love, the HOLDEN badge... and that's the sad truth, no matter how great the last falcon will be, the commodore will still be more loved, because its a Holden. its annoying and frustrating, but that's the truth... :(

This last falcon will be a good if not a great car, but its just a fill in model til 2016.. when ford Australia becomes a importer.. as Holden will a year later.

The real fight in the coming years is who will handle been a exclusive importer better.. Ford or Holden.. and I think Holden will struggle, because they will have lost the all Australian feeling it gives and sells at the moment (even thou most of us here know that it isn't all Australian at all now)

May 2006 – October 2006: 2002 Proton Persona
October 2006 – July 2013: 2004 BA Ford Falcon XR6 (Blueprint – 4 speed Auto – Premium Audio - No Tracton Control )
July 2013 - ???: 2013 Chrysler 300c Luxury (Bright white – Panoramic Sunroof – 19 speaker 900 watt Harmon/Kardon stereo)
November 2013 - ???: 2013 Ford Focus Sport (the missus's car, white, manual)
chopstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2014, 07:05 PM   #7091
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

personally, I think Ford wont have done enough with the new car. they will struggle because they want it to struggle and i bet production will cease by end of financial year 2015. Why? Because they want it to. They have for the last 3-4 years.
Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2014, 07:06 PM   #7092
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstar87 View Post

2 reasons why the commodore sells... one is that its a better equipped and is next gen compared to falcon, the 2nd reason is that magical badge on the front that a lot of Australians blindly love, the HOLDEN badge... and that's the sad truth, no matter how great the last falcon will be, the commodore will still be more loved, because its a Holden. its annoying and frustrating, but that's the truth... :(

I think one of the biggest reasons the Commodore sells so much more than the Falcon, apart from the two you've mentioned, is it's far broader model range.

Ford's lack of wagon and V8 luxury model are the two biggest omissions. But Holden really have it covered - 3 levels of SS for example. More choice = more sales.

Never mind how much it actually costs Holden to offer this range, all we're talking about right now is the difference in sales numbers.
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2014, 07:21 PM   #7093
joeyy17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
You can advertise a car all you want. But getting someone to hand over $40-60k of their hard earned (and usually borrowed) money requires more than a TV commercial. Look at the volume movers- XR6 vs SV6 for example. The SV6 comes standard with leather/suede interior, dual zone climate, blind spot monitoring, front park sensors, auto park, electric handbrake, rear radar (cross traffic warning in reverse), auto windows, remote start, then the little things like soft touch stitched dash & doors, lined boot, gimmicks like Mylink apps, the list goes on. The XR6 presently has none of that and they're still in the same price range. That's why VFs are selling, Holden have thrown every trinket they have at it and it seems to be working. And that's why the FH will need a heavier standard equipment list to counter what Holden are offering with VF. Advertising won't save you if the product isn't up to par.
That's exactly why the VF's sell more, because of all the extras the Falcon doesn't have. And the main reason why Holden have more extras is that the Government likes to kiss their *****.

Evidence:

http://www.afr.com/p/national/govern...3lse6cNIradzzI

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...087ba49755bb35

Plus this image says it all based on sales figures going on a slope for both parties.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:25 PM   #7094
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetman View Post
personally, I think Ford wont have done enough with the new car. they will struggle because they want it to struggle and i bet production will cease by end of financial year 2015. Why? Because they want it to. They have for the last 3-4 years.
They wont shut up shop until there is a replacement for the Territory ready to go. Broadmeadows is now, and has been for a while now, all about the Territory. Its what sells and Falcon is just the bit player now. Territory is worth too much volume for them to not have something like in the range, so until the new Edge or Everest is available, they will still be making cars.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2014, 07:57 PM   #7095
Uwish

i am hoping for a new steering wheel in the XR8.
I mean every other manufacturer has a nice wheel. The Falcon steering wheel is **** house.
I am really wanting a new XR8.... Just a few things might not cut it.
Externally and driveline seem good to go. Just a few interior things will hold me back :(
Uwish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2014, 08:01 PM   #7096
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

not sure why people bag the FG XR wheel, it's the best wheel i've used in any of the 13 Falcons i've owned
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2014, 08:02 PM   #7097
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Agreed, but they still won't advertise it. Ford Management haven't got the brains to see that advertising Falcons will sell Falcons.
Advertising won't sell a product that is un-sellable...commodore has the hammered in "aussie" aura that has been achieved through decades of brand establishment...even that is disappearing now and the commodore is selling the numbers that the Falcon had 4 years ago...

A few adverts now won't drive and increase in sales for the FH...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2014, 08:05 PM   #7098
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
not sure why people bag the FG XR wheel, it's the best wheel i've used in any of the 13 Falcons i've owned
because #bagfalcon

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #7099
Slorta
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetman View Post
Dead right Gadget. And there lies the problem. What happened 4 years ago? The buck stops with the goose at the top.

Coincidentally, 4 years ago was was also the last of the great Falcon ads. So in case you've all forgotten, you to Graziano, here they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDaLxN5FIjE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tuVW3HTiDk

Ahhhh......they were the days.
3 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2014, 08:43 PM   #7100
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
because #bagfalcon
I think it's more to do with the lack of steering wheel options when you compare to BA/BF.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2014, 08:51 PM   #7101
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
They wont shut up shop until there is a replacement for the Territory ready to go. Broadmeadows is now, and has been for a while now, all about the Territory. Its what sells and Falcon is just the bit player now. Territory is worth too much volume for them to not have something like in the range, so until the new Edge or Everest is available, they will still be making cars.
Yet by comparison to 201X they have spent jack all on the Territory update. Its the cash cow and the volume seller but they give it stuff all. #angry

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2014, 08:59 PM   #7102
anto
Za Dom spremni

Thumbs down Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned View Post
Sorry but the VF is a much better car than the FG falcon, no question there. .

Pff, why..because you own one ?
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #7103
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Well the VF is 6 years newer... one can only hope 6 years of additional devlopment would produce a "better" vehicle.
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2014, 09:12 PM   #7104
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
Yet by comparison to 201X they have spent jack all on the Territory update. Its the cash cow and the volume seller but they give it stuff all. #angry
Which annoys me to no end as well.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2014, 09:39 PM   #7105
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey spyman did you find that pic of the xr8 naked ?
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2014, 09:40 PM   #7106
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
I don't understand Ford's logic here. They release some slick looking front end images of the top models, plenty of positive press, now they send out an undisguised base model and a modest G6E model with temp plates hanging out of the boot to show off the rear. If they wanted to stir up interest, why not have an XR8 doing the rounds with less and less camo, preferably in a bright colour. What started as almost universal acclaim for the front end is turning into majority let down over the rear end because every photo we've seen has been taken on a camera phone from an awkward angle of a boring model. Come on Ford. Sure people are talking, but a lot of them aren't saying nice things and a first impression is hard to shake for a lot of people.
I don't fathom the logic here either, the cars are now all circulating completely uncovered inside and out, yet Ford have not even released rear end or interior shots yet. Another complete sales and marketing fail. But I guess when you don't want it to sell so you can pack up and leave ASAP then this is what you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Territory was facelifted only 3 years ago though, so it's not due for a change like Falcon is.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2014, 09:43 PM   #7107
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpsi View Post
Hey spyman did you find that pic of the xr8 naked ?
Hey,
No but I've shot a new large car being tested here.....poss falcons replacement

That's all I'm saying ATM

I'll get back on the horse tomorrow

Spyman
spyman03 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2014, 09:45 PM   #7108
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It has little to do with advertising ? Then it must have something to do with........?
Everyone has their own theory as to why Falcon sales are declining. I think the lack of advertising contributes to some extent, but with all due respect, I think you're off in la la land if you think that a comprehensive marketing program is going to save the Falcon.

Falcon isn't the value for money equation it once was when you consider that there are cheaper, better equipped, more practical and more fuel efficient cars around.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #7109
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyman03 View Post
Hey,
No but I've shoot a new large car being tested here.....poss falcons replacement

That's all I'm saying ATM

I'll get back on the horse tomorrow

Spyman
Taurass
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2014, 09:47 PM   #7110
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpsi View Post
Taurass