Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-08-2014, 02:33 PM   #7171
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

The VF HSVs look like Mazda 3s/6s from behind

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2014, 02:49 PM   #7172
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonn View Post
Yep, just not as good looking as the Mazdas.

But, the VF as a HUD!
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2014, 02:52 PM   #7173
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by commandojones View Post
Yes the VF is a much better car... complete with its extras... its 4th manufacturing recall - I am filled with confidence. Also this is Holden's 11th recall for this year!

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news...4#.U-K8gfmSxHU

Holden has spent so much time trying to put all these extras in to make it sell but they forgot how to get the fundamentals of building a car right. They cant even weld a seat bracket correctly... such a better car.
You do know that FG Falcons suffer from exactly the same problem, right? Their seat bases crack and require welding to repair. The only difference is when Holden identifies a batch of seat bases with the potential to fail, they actually recall the cars. As we all know (diff bushes, ZF heat exchangers, seat bases, Territory ball joints, pre-2012 diff cradles etc etc) Ford Australia famously avoids rectifying issues. So let's not bag Holden for doing the right thing. Ford has exactly the same issue yet has been quite happy for customers to have their seat bases break for the last 7 years.

Regardless, I don't think this should turn into a Commodore/Falcon bashing thread. I think we're all (mostly) grown up enough to accept that they're both great Australian products.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2014, 03:01 PM   #7174
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

my FG suffered more warranty concerns in the first 3000KM from new than any other car i've ever had from new (5). It's a great car but the build quality issues i've had with it scare me off the next model when they're playing with a razor thin budget.

good cars, no money to make them great.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-08-2014, 03:01 PM   #7175
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonn View Post
Must say the gen f look very good at night from the rear with the lights on
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2014, 03:02 PM   #7176
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

What happened to the Photos, what post are they in?
Instead of this stupid banter that goes on in here - oh look a sheep baaa baaa

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2014, 03:19 PM   #7177
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFG View Post
The whole "People do not want a large car" thing is wrong !

Why does the Hilux sell so well, Ranger ... all the other "tall Utes" ... why is Tezza a relatively good seller ?

People still buy large cars, but they expect them to perform a greater range of tasks.
People don't want a large sedan. The two variants your describe are were people have moved to. SUV's and 4 door utes are where the market is....as well as the small car market. This has been going on like this for 15 years.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:35 PM   #7178
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted View Post
What happened to the Photos, what post are they in?
Instead of this stupid banter that goes on in here - oh look a sheep baaa baaa
Hey,

They're on the way mate.
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2014, 04:19 PM   #7179
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
People don't want a large sedan. The two variants your describe are were people have moved to. SUV's and 4 door utes are where the market is....as well as the small car market. This has been going on like this for 15 years.
If Geoff Polites were still around, would Broadmeadows have been churning out I6T Direct-Injection T6 Ford Rangers, 335kw Coyote Territories and Ford Focuses? That bloke forecasted the shift to SUV's back in '99 apparently. The rest of the ford Aus directors have been totally useless except for Martin Burela.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2014, 04:27 PM   #7180
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by P6LTD351 View Post
It is a facelifted VE. Front and rear changes whilst the mid section is the same. Think VX to VY.
Alumminium suspension components.
Aluminium boot and bonnet.
Aluminium brace across firewall for mounting steering pedals etc.
Electric steering
New GM Global A standard wiring loom and bus.
New interior.
Mix of higher strength steels in all of the car, including doors that apparently didn't change.
Improved NVH.
Auto parking.
Lane Assist.
HUD.
Forward collision alert.
Blind spot alert.
Reverse traffic alert.
Upgraded stereo.
Next generation ABS and traction control.
Lower drag coefficient across car by new panels and by fitting of wind deflectors on underbody.
New glass.
60% of chassis modified to reduce weight and new higher strength steels introduced.
My Linq infotainment with traffic alert.
Remote Starting.

That's what I can think of, of the top of my head. Yeap they barely touched the old girl.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2014, 04:30 PM   #7181
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slorta View Post
The VF will outsell the Falcon hands down. And why, not because the VF is a better car (we all know it isn't) but because Holden advertises the VF.

For the last 4 years, Ford management have just wanted the Falcon to go away. Now their dream is nearly a reality.

An American CEO with Chinese interests. What hope did Ford Australia ever have ???
I purchased a VF and yes the advertising campaign was good, but I can assure you I have never nor will ever buy a car based on an advertising campaign. If the car was not a significant step up from VE, no amount of great advertising would have mattered.

Advertising is important, but it is not able to sell a car on its own. The car, the dealer and the manufacturer must all work together to make that happen.

We all know Falcon advertising has been woeful since the excellent BA campaign, but its also become a convenient excuse for many Ford fans to brush off the many problems Ford Australia has.
2 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #7182
LooLoo18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8 View Post
I purchased a VF and yes the advertising campaign was good, but I can assure you I have never nor will ever buy a car based on an advertising campaign. If the car was not a significant step up from VE, no amount of great advertising would have mattered.

Advertising is important, but it is not able to sell a car on its own. The car, the dealer and the manufacturer must all work together to make that happen.

We all know Falcon advertising has been woeful since the excellent BA campaign, but its also become a convenient excuse for many Ford fans to brush off the many problems Ford Australia has.
I agree advertising might get you to the yard but it wont make you buy the car!!!
XE Fairmont Ghia 4.9lt
EF Fairmont
AU Falcon II
BA MKII Fairmont
FG XR6 50TH
Current
Nissan Pulsar (The Wife's)
Ranger Wildtrak Chilli Orange
LooLoo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2014, 04:40 PM   #7183
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooLoo18 View Post
XD Falcon = euro I think not not in my book anyway
Take a look at a late model 80's Granada or Cortina. Yeap it looked ever bit the Euro car - just super sized. The interior of the XD is where it looked decidedly Australian, with huge oversized buttons and dials for big Aussie man hands.
5 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2014, 04:41 PM   #7184
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
Alumminium suspension components.
Aluminium boot and bonnet.
Aluminium brace across firewall for mounting steering pedals etc.
Electric steering
New GM Global A standard wiring loom and bus.
New interior.
Mix of higher strength steels in all of the car, including doors that apparently didn't change.
Improved NVH.
Auto parking.
Lane Assist.
HUD.
Forward collision alert.
Blind spot alert.
Reverse traffic alert.
Upgraded stereo.
Next generation ABS and traction control.
Lower drag coefficient across car by new panels and by fitting of wind deflectors on underbody.
New glass.
60% of chassis modified to reduce weight and new higher strength steels introduced.
My Linq infotainment with traffic alert.
Remote Starting.

That's what I can think of, of the top of my head. Yeap they barely touched the old girl.
Never said they never touched her.

Fact is, the VF is not the next generation; it is the same gen as the VE. They call subsequent models in a generation, a facelift.

I could come up with a similar list (even more so regarding the body) between an ED and EF. They were part of the same generation cycle. XE ghia - XF ghia etc etc.
2 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #7185
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by P6LTD351 View Post
Never said they never touched her.

Fact is, the VF is not the next generation; it is the same gen as the VE. They call subsequent models in a generation, a facelift.

I could come up with a similar list (even more so regarding the body) between an ED and EF. They were part of the same generation cycle. XE ghia - XF ghia etc etc.
Your original implication was Commodore had a quick chop front and back and nothing inbetween. I think the VE - VF was far more significant.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:04 PM   #7186
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
Your original implication was Commodore had a quick chop front and back and nothing inbetween. I think the VE - VF was far more significant.
Sorry if it came across that way.

Someone said it was a generation ahead of the VE. That's what I was addressing. Technically, it's a facelift as is known historically. Granted, there were many tech updates included.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #7187
Slorta
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
Great post overall, but I'm not convinced #1 is true. The main reason why Falcon is getting canned is because it isn't making any money for Ford. If it isn't profitable, then they'd be silly to continue producing it.

I doubt very much Ford will be canning the Falcon, orphan or not, if it were a money maker.
But you just don't throw in the towel without a fight. This is a pretty competitive game and the ones that fight the hardest win. But in our case, Ford Australia just dropped the pants, bent over and said "Be Gentle with me".
Slorta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2014, 05:22 PM   #7188
Blueford260

Thought this was a last ever Falcon thread!
The last page has been about defending the VF
Blueford260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #7189
xr8territory
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueford260 View Post
Thought this was a last ever Falcon thread!
The last page has been about defending the VF
Just relax, they will start talking about the new Falcon in a couple of days!
XW UTE, XW FAIRMONT, XT GT, XT Fairmont, EF XR8, XH XR8 UTE, XH XR8 UTE, AU UTE, Renault Scenic, XF UTE, BA XR8 UTE, TERRITORY, Chrysler Voyager, WS FIESTA ZETEC,TERRITORY TITANIUM, BA UTE, Nissan Pathfinder, AU Falcon Forte, BA XR8 UTE.
xr8territory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2014, 06:13 PM   #7190
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
I think you can taken that as a given, Ford not wanting Falcon in the line-up because they're losing money with it and the fact they can actually make money selling us American made cars adds further imputes to the change. It won't last till October 2016, I'd bet my left one on it going well before that.
For your sake I hope the right one can take up the slack should you be wrong,
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2014, 06:33 PM   #7191
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Has anyone considered that Ford Australia knows no matter what they do even with the worlds greatest marketing campaign they cannot build and sell 5000 Falcons a month to Australians only and cannot export more overseas when anyone overseas does it cheaper. The top selling vehicle in Australia doesn't get 5000 sales or even 4000 per month regularly and what does sell the most isn't a large family sedan. They have faced reality a long time ago, they haven't sabotaged anything, maybe we should finally accept it, heck my first car as a passenger was when I was 4 days old and came home from hospital in a Falcon back in 1965 so I love the model to death but sadly that is how it's going to end. Hell, we need some new Falcon shots quickly.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #7192
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Someone start a last Commodore thread.
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2014, 07:19 PM   #7193
4vxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

please no more Holden talk, you could go to the holden forums if that what interests you
4vxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2014, 07:20 PM   #7194
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazza View Post
Why don't all you Holden loving queers just go buy Holdens already FFS.
Some of us have.. and will probably also buy a new FH too (something 95% of members on here won't do)..
I just love a car for what it is, not because of the badge that's stuck on it. Pretty proud of any Aussie built car (except maybe that Cruze thing).

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Cashie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2014, 07:29 PM   #7195
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Holden pride - really? Why is it Holden fans can't de-badge their cars fast enough?
At least us Ford boys don't rush out to buy another brands' badges to put on our cars.

Quote: