Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-08-2014, 04:48 PM   #7261
MOND30
If You Seek AU

Default Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

How close is this 2015 Edge to the XR8 colour?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5x..._OYiDekVUlmEhg
MOND30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2014, 05:34 PM   #7262
MOND30
If You Seek AU

Pretty close... Is it the new Ford hero CGI palette?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5x..._OYiDekVUlmEhg
MOND30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2014, 05:42 PM   #7263
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski View Post
Yes! You are correct.

OK how about FPV release one last special Ute?
And make it 2300Kgs towing please.
Didn't they just do that along with GT F?
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2014, 06:39 PM   #7264
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

They did a Pursuit, but I believe they only have the 315 tune. It would have been nice to see a "335" Pursuit face off against the 430 Maloo.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2014, 06:49 PM   #7265
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski View Post
My frustration with ford must be showing. LOL. Probably only 1600Kgs if that.

There are plenty of buyers who buy performance utes that prefer the Ford because of it's better work tray, tie down system that doesn't buckle under a ratchet strap like the Holdens, cart suspension and towing capacity. Take a look in the paddock at any Circuit race meeting. It has plenty of Ford XR utes, way more than SS and HSV utes. Even when the guys that race an LS engined car. Kinda like boat race meetings. F150 galore but race Chev engined boats.

I've been frustrated with Ford not listening to buyers for years and it probably shows. I'd love a Coyote Ute.
I'm not denying that there are people out there who want performance Falcon Utes, but I fear that's a very small number. The people you're seeing at circuit race meetings are probably 90% of the market.
I'm confused by your reference to the F150. Aren't we talking about performance Falcon/Commodore Utes? the F150 is quite a different sort of vehicle (and very much not a performance car).
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2014, 09:05 PM   #7266
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I doubt the police will buy them though as they should be a lot more than an SS or XRT.
The NSW Highway Patrol guys that I've spoken to over the years (and in my old job that was quite a few ) mostly preferred the Grunt and handling of the Falcons, but said the Commodores had a better driving position.

Not forgetting that these were quite big Mr Plods
Old 09-08-2014, 09:39 PM   #7267
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I did a driving day on the Gold Coast today, Mr Morris' place if I am not mistaken. Anyway we flogged a couple of new VF's and the first thing I did when I sat in it was raise the bloody drivers seat.

Honestly...all these people that moan about the "height" of a falcon seat must still be driving VL's because I felt like I couldnt see anything out of the commy...add the A pillar and IMO its a terrible driving position.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2014, 09:41 PM   #7268
joeyy17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooLoo18 View Post
I havent had 1 issue with my XR50 Im on 102,000ks Ive had it since new I am starting to get a little nervous about what Im hearing with the auto's so Im looking at getting an after market heat exchanger in the next week or 2
Bought the xr50 from when it was brand new, have had absolutely NO problems to it. Has some balls to it for a P plater legal car.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:56 PM   #7269
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
I did a driving day on the Gold Coast today, Mr Morris' place if I am not mistaken. Anyway we flogged a couple of new VF's and the first thing I did when I sat in it was raise the bloody drivers seat.

Honestly...all these people that moan about the "height" of a falcon seat must still be driving VL's because I felt like I couldnt see anything out of the commy...add the A pillar and IMO its a terrible driving position.
Agreed. Having spent a lot of time on the Hume in a VE recently going to Sydney and back I couldn't wait to get out of it. Badge bias aside I did not find it comfortable at all.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:05 AM   #7270
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Actually think they have done a very good job of both ends - quite like it, but have a very strong desire to say the back end sucks just for ***** 'n giggles.
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2014, 11:00 AM   #7271
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
They did a Pursuit, but I believe they only have the 315 tune. It would have been nice to see a "335" Pursuit face off against the 430 Maloo.
Really? 2300Kg Tow rated V8 Coyote ute? I'm ringing my Ford dealer pronto.

Last edited by Walt Kowalski; 10-08-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2014, 11:03 AM   #7272
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focused View Post
?..I'm confused by your reference to the F150. Aren't we talking about performance Falcon/Commodore Utes? the F150 is quite a different sort of vehicle (and very much not a performance car).
The point I was trying to make is that even though some people race Chev engined cars and boats they use Fords to tow them.
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2014, 12:28 PM   #7273
Falcon_Crazy
PX3 WildTrak & RTV

I wonder what the pricing will be like. Will they end up launching at simialr driveaway today? Its such a cut throat market today.

NO doubt theres a fair bit of kit on the new models based on what weve seen/discovered thus far.
BA Falcon RTV - Project Ute 265,000km
Sold PXII Ranger XLT Cool White. 105,000
Sold PX Ranger XLT in cool white, 151,700km on clock.
Sold FGII XR6T Ute LTD Edition in Kinetic.
Sold FG XR6 Ute
Sold BA Falcon RTV. 251,300km.Was a great mate for last 7 years

Sold AUII XLS Ute
Sold '85 XF & Crashed 84 XF
Falcon_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #7274
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf View Post
Agreed. Having spent a lot of time on the Hume in a VE recently going to Sydney and back I couldn't wait to get out of it. Badge bias aside I did not find it comfortable at all.
See Im the opposite. Although the VF is far better than the VE my wife keeps talking to me to keep me awake driving the VF, as comfortable as it is. With the FG I could never get comfortable. I was always adjusting the seat to find the right balance but I felt I was always sitting too high and left of the steering wheel.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #7275
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Left of the steering wheel? The FG drivers seat is 100% in line with the steering wheel. That was one of the most prominent features over BA/BF.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2014, 03:36 PM   #7276
GT014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Crazy View Post
I wonder what the pricing will be like. Will they end up launching at simialr driveaway today? Its such a cut throat market today.

NO doubt theres a fair bit of kit on the new models based on what weve seen/discovered thus far.
I reckon this will be vital. If they just release it with the standard prices of today then they want it to fail within 6 months, if they release it with really competitive prices you can't refuse then they are serious about taking it out to 2016 IMO.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #7277
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
Left of the steering wheel? The FG drivers seat is 100% in line with the steering wheel. That was one of the most prominent features over BA/BF.
Wasn't the wheel moved with the BA?

Dead certain that was one of the big things with the BA, the wheel was moved closer to the centre rather then offset to the right.

On the subject of wheels...

Seems like the FPV rims are the real deal...not the rims in the tease vid.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2014, 07:51 PM   #7278
BHDOGS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned View Post
See Im the opposite. Although the VF is far better than the VE my wife keeps talking to me to keep me awake driving the VF, as comfortable as it is. With the FG I could never get comfortable. I was always adjusting the seat to find the right balance but I felt I was always sitting too high and left of the steering wheel.
Thats because its boring you to sleep
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2014, 07:51 PM   #7279
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
Wasn't the wheel moved with the BA?

Dead certain that was one of the big things with the BA, the wheel was moved closer to the centre rather then offset to the right.
could have been mate, either way it's been central with the seat for a long time
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #7280
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Less than convinced to buy this "last OZ Falcon".
Hopefully they turn up the wick for a last run spec.
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2014, 08:31 PM   #7281
falcongt4me
TSCoA member Qld

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned View Post
the seating position has always been different between the 'other brand' and Falcons. perhaps its more that everyone's shape is different that alters their perception on what's good and what's not or is more comfortable or what's not...
it's an argument that carries the 'broken record' label!

2002 AUIII TS50 Liquid Silver #206 (ex NZ)

T-Series Club of Australia member; QLD

falcongt4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2014, 08:37 PM   #7282
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Agree with that. Some wont like sitting in a Falcon for 'some reason' while others think it is perfect. It is the same argument as the hole in the boot ...... constantly brought up as a negative when in reality for many it is spot on.

For the record, I have set the seat 3 years ago and have never touched it again ....... unless the Mrs has been in and has it so far forward my forehead hits the windscreen.

Never heard the fact that some cars have a stupid hole in the back seat compared the the Falcon split seat set up. Had both seats down today and had a crap load in there up to the front seats!

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2014, 10:02 PM   #7283
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I've driven a whole range of these cars over the past 6 weeks and I cannot fathom how some people say the steering wheel is sitting in their lap. They must have the seat cranked right up or something???? I always put the seat as low as it will go and have a heap of room between the wheel and my legs.

Although I will admit the wheel should be able to go up at least an inch higher.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2014, 10:14 PM   #7284
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
Agree with that. Some wont like sitting in a Falcon for 'some reason' while others think it is perfect. It is the same argument as the hole in the boot ...... constantly brought up as a negative when in reality for many it is spot on.

For the record, I have set the seat 3 years ago and have never touched it again ....... unless the Mrs has been in and has it so far forward my forehead hits the windscreen.

Never heard the fact that some cars have a stupid hole in the back seat compared the the Falcon split seat set up. Had both seats down today and had a crap load in there up to the front seats!
Ditto with me, I've never touched my seat adjustment since I got my car nearly 4 years ago. I don't have the problem with my missus as she has never driven my car, even though she also drives a manual. The driving position is perfect IMO.

And that recess in the boot floor is frequently used to advantage, stopping stuff sliding around or tipping over. And the Falcon split seat is one very good reason I will never own a Commodore. I need it for my model plane wings.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2014, 10:15 PM   #7285
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Having owned many daily driver VEs, FGs and now a VF I will say when I first jump back into an FG I feel the need to try to lower the seat and raise the wheel further than possible.
I find I can't get the wheel high enough to not interfere with my view of the dash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia View Post
And that recess in the boot floor is frequently used to advantage, stopping stuff sliding around or tipping over.
Agree with this though, can't understand the media carrying on about the non flat Ford boot, I find it to be heaps better to put the shopping etc in the rear without it moving around, unlike the Commodore flat boot floor where everything ends up all over the place.

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Cashie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2014, 10:19 PM   #7286
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I've driven a whole range of these cars over the past 6 weeks and I cannot fathom how some people say the steering wheel is sitting in their lap. They must have the seat cranked right up or something???? I always put the seat as low as it will go and have a heap of room between the wheel and my legs.

Although I will admit the wheel should be able to go up at least an inch higher.
With the seat right down and the steering wheel right up can you see the top of the speedo Boss? I can't see from about 60km/hr through to licence losing territory and it does feel like the wheel is in my lap to me. I don't have a problem with the seat, just the wheel height (or lack of).
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #7287
Falcojimmy

I do wonder how much the relative weight of the driver comes into consideration! I am 6 foot and 90kgs and the fg fits me like a glove. Every Holden I've sat in since the vt has felt like my backside was scraping along the ground and I had a very hard time seeing out of the back compared to the Falcon. All personal taste though. I like that in the FG with the steering wheel at max height it gives a perfect view to the speedo through the wheel. Or at least it does for me!
Falcojimmy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2014, 10:28 PM   #7288
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
With the seat right down and the steering wheel right up can you see the top of the speedo Boss? I can't see from about 60km/hr through to licence losing territory and it does feel like the wheel is in my lap to me. I don't have a problem with the seat, just the wheel height (or lack of).
I can see the whole cluster.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2014, 10:31 PM   #7289
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

One thing with my seat position however, is my steering wheel is adjusted all the way back, and the seat is adjusted rearward accordingly. This is to get the steering wheel in line with the manual gear shift, so I can more easily move my hand off the wheel straight onto the gearshift knob. The pedals are still well placed for my feet in this position.

The steering wheel height is adjusted so I can just read the top of the speedo and tacho under the steering wheel rim. But I never use the speedo dial anyway, as I use the superb digital speedo.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2014, 10:54 PM   #7290
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

My old man always complained about the wheel till I pulled it rearward for him. Most people I have spoken to assumed that the wheel pulled out was for short people
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post