Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-09-2014, 10:01 AM   #8791
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-0733 View Post
lets wait and see before the panties get too twisted. if Ford get it wrong, there'll be a lot of stock left over.
If Ford adopt FPV GS pricing, you will be right about left-over stock !
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-09-2014, 12:42 PM   #8792
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You're getting a GT in all but name and you won't pay $57,000 for it...?

I am lost for words...

Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2014, 02:12 PM   #8793
AGS302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post
You are comparing apples with oranges - the GS was FPV, the new XR8 is 100% FORD - with NO 51% profit share/loss with FPV.

The FG XR8 was the same price as the XR6T, although the 5.4 BOSS BA, BF & FG XR8 engines were built by FPV, an additional production cost for Ford, which is now done by Ford in-house, which would represent a significant cost saving.

With FPV completely out of the picture and Ford the sole shareholder, the new XR8 represents a completely different business scenario, and vastly more efficient business model !
The FG XR8s were reduced to the same price as the XR6T because they couldn't sell them. BA XR8 were $51k + ORC which equated to $60k+ on the road for a fully optioned XR8.

In the FPV days, Ford and Prodrive split the profits and expenses 51/49, now its all in house at Ford and they are paying all expenses, you think they are prepared to sell the XR8 cheaper? Wrong, Ford will want to maintain the same profit percentage at a minimum if not more as they will be trying to recoup as much of the expenses as possible.
2009 FPV GS 302 #250/250
ZF And Leather
*Herrod Airbox *X-Force 2.5" Cat Back
Custom tuned by Ben at Auspeed Tuning Mackay to 270.5rwkw.
AGS302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2014, 03:23 PM   #8794
elfinke

I figure I can't lose. I either pick up an XR8 at a good price around xmas or early new year, or if they're too expensive/hard to come by/too long of a wait, I'll buy one of you guys' 2013 super cheap XR6Ts when you off load them for an XR8

elfinke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2014, 03:27 PM   #8795
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS302 View Post
The FG XR8s were reduced to the same price as the XR6T because they couldn't sell them. BA XR8 were $51k + ORC which equated to $60k+ on the road for a fully optioned XR8.

In the FPV days, Ford and Prodrive split the profits and expenses 51/49, now its all in house at Ford and they are paying all expenses, you think they are prepared to sell the XR8 cheaper? Wrong, Ford will want to maintain the same profit percentage at a minimum if not more as they will be trying to recoup as much of the expenses as possible.
Yes Component Costs are the same, however Production costs are significantly less, from the Ford business perspective - as they are now building cars and XR8 engines in-house.

They can maintain the same profitability at a lower price point, now there is no profit sharing with FPV.

If Ford want to achieve a GS price point for the XR8, they should simply badge it "GS".
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2014, 03:43 PM   #8796
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Yes Component Costs are the same, however Production costs are significantly less, from the Ford business perspective - as they are now building cars and XR8 engines in-house.

They can maintain the same profitability at a lower price point, now there is no profit sharing with FPV.

If Ford want to achieve a GS price point for the XR8, they should simply badge it "GS".
Wont matter it will sell like hotcakes anyways.

Theres people already pre ordering them, and given that production will be low I think it will cover itself.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #8797
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Wont matter it will sell like hotcakes anyways.

Theres people already pre ordering them, and given that production will be low I think it will cover itself.
Had a refreshing chat with a salesperson, one who didn't push and heap on the sales talk. He told me that deposits will just be going into their bank account, that the money was better off earning interest in my account, and that cars cannot be ordered until they get order codes. So the deposit isn't doing too much other than to keep you happy that your 'order has been placed'.

Makes you wonder if it is tricks to get people into a sale, and what the point is. He will be giving me a call as soon as the info comes out, and we can place the order from there.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:44 PM   #8798
XBv8mmm!

Had a quick chat with the new car sales manager at the local Ford dealer that I have the deposit for the XR8 at today.

They still have no information at all regarding the new Falcon apart from "it's coming 4th quarter this year, probably December".

He did, however, say that the sales management group at the Ford dealers that belong to the McGrath group in the ACT are having a meeting with their regional next week, and the new Falcon will be bought up at that meeting.

Fingers crossed there is some news then.
Maybe.
Hopefully.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:56 PM   #8799
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX335 View Post
Had a refreshing chat with a salesperson, one who didn't push and heap on the sales talk. He told me that deposits will just be going into their bank account, that the money was better off earning interest in my account, and that cars cannot be ordered until they get order codes. So the deposit isn't doing too much other than to keep you happy that your 'order has been placed'.

Makes you wonder if it is tricks to get people into a sale, and what the point is. He will be giving me a call as soon as the info comes out, and we can place the order from there.
The only reason you would put a deposit on now is if you want one of their first allocation. That is a car that will be built prior to Dec 1. If your going to get one get a 2015 plate.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #8800
LooLoo18

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfinke View Post
I figure I can't lose. I either pick up an XR8 at a good price around xmas or early new year, or if they're too expensive/hard to come by/too long of a wait, I'll buy one of you guys' 2013 super cheap XR6Ts when you off load them for an XR8

I would look at a low k GT seems to be some going around now
XE Fairmont Ghia 4.9lt
EF Fairmont
AU Falcon II
BA MKII Fairmont
FG XR6 50TH
Current
Nissan Pulsar (The Wife's)
Ranger Wildtrak Chilli Orange
LooLoo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #8801
GT014

Drove next to the black xr8 today and got to have a good look. The rear on the new car is absolutely stunning, pics did nothing for me but in the flesh it is the nicest rear end on a ford let alone most cars I have ever seen.

The front was a bit disappointing, really looks too flat and shark like. The front is similar in the flat shark like appearance of the lancer. The sound from the exhaust is ballsy. If I didn't have the xr6t it would be my next car for sure!!
Old 09-09-2014, 12:43 AM   #8802
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudPipes View Post
You also pay LCT on higher priced Ford and Holden Utes.
Nope no LCT paid on my pursuit.
kazawaki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2014, 01:57 AM   #8803
icecold84

New xr8 $54990 or if u want the mustang $64990
Old 09-09-2014, 03:29 AM   #8804
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
At 500 units a month, you can bet production costs per unit are much higher than they ever were.

Thankfully, as Holden have found, the fear of no more local V8s mean there's a huge demand.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2014, 04:23 AM   #8805
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazawaki View Post
Nope no LCT paid on my pursuit.
That’s interesting.
I can’t argue with you as I don’t know how the LCT works.

I do know after my son died last year I sold his Ute and before I did I went through the paperwork and I remember seeing a charge for LCT on the new car contract.
I just got the contract out of the file cabinet to check and it definitely has a charge for LCT dated Dec 2007 and registered for private use.

I did a quick check on the internet and I see there are references to other people who have also paid LCT on Utes. There is also plenty of argument from others who say they don’t have too.

So I checked the Australian Taxation Office site and it really does go to town on describing all the ins and out of what types of vehicle the LCT does and doesn’t apply too, including Utilities.

When you wade through how the primary purpose of a commercial vehicle is determined and that a Utility falls under the category of dual-purpose (both passenger and goods carrier) and when you then calculate its passenger capacity versus its load capacity you are still left with two primary statements.

What is a luxury car?
A luxury car is a car with a GST-inclusive value above the LCT threshold, ($61,884) including any supplied accessories or attachments.
Under LCT law, a car is a motor-powered road vehicle that is designed to carry the following:
A load of less than two tonnes.
Fewer than nine passengers.
You must pay LCT at the time you supply a luxury car, unless the purchaser quotes their ABN to you in an approved format.

What is a commercial vehicle?
For LCT purposes, a commercial vehicle is:
Designed for the principal purpose of carrying goods used for business or trade.

That’s as clear as mud.

So if the Ute is for private use, does that mean it’s not being used for business or trade and therefore incurs LCT?
And if you can’t supply a ABN when purchasing a Ute as you are not a business, do you have to pay the LCT?

I know my son bought his for private use and his invoice shows a charge for Luxury Car Tax because of it.
It’s a bit late now if he’s been had by the dealer.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2014, 05:02 AM   #8806
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So if the Ute is for private use, does that mean it’s not being used for business or trade and therefore incurs LCT?
And if you can’t supply a ABN when purchasing a Ute as you are not a business, do you have to pay the LCT?

I know my son bought his for private use and his invoice shows a charge for Luxury Car Tax because of it.
It’s a bit late now if he’s been had by the dealer.[/QUOTE]

I purchased a landcruiser ute march 2012 for private use. I was sure I didn't have LCT cause I asked the question as I wouldn't have bought it if it applied. I doubled checked my contract yesterday definetely no LCT on contract!
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2014, 05:07 AM   #8807
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bought a landcruiser ute in March 2012, I was sure it didn't have LCT as I asked the question cause I wouldn't have got it. I double checked my contract yesterday and definetely no LCT.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:14 AM   #8808
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My understanding is it's irrelevant if it's used for buisness or not. A commercial vehicle is designed to primarily carry a load and not passengers therefore making it exempt from LCT.

Imagine paying LCT on a vehicle without electric windows, central locking and intermittent wipers (VDJ79R GX) LMAO I know the governments a joke and tax the **** out of us but surely not lol we'd be the laughing stock of world motoring if that story got some airplay :-D
Old 09-09-2014, 08:27 AM   #8809
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS302 View Post

You're forgetting a few things.
  • The FPV vehicles had to cover the costs of development, while the XR8 won't. The work has been done...
  • The XR8 still uses the same basic bumper bar as the XT...just with different grilles...opposed to bespoke kits used with FPV
  • Interior, the XR8 will have the same interior as the XR range, more cost minimising.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-09-2014, 08:31 AM   #8810
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

All of the above is true, and whats with the LCT talk, can that be for another thread?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #8811
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
All of the above is true, and whats with the LCT talk, can that be for another thread?
Sorry mate my fault, I need to learn a bit more about Forum Etiquette.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #8812
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

No drama's but this thread doesnt need taxation polluting it...its to depressing. (although so is the final Falcon but lets not get to picky).
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-09-2014, 12:19 PM   #8813
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hello FGX baby brother !!! Jaguar XE.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...in-detail.html

Last edited by csv8; 16-09-2014 at 10:06 AM.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #8814
AGS302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
You're forgetting a few things.
  • The FPV vehicles had to cover the costs of development, while the XR8 won't. The work has been done...
  • The XR8 still uses the same basic bumper bar as the XT...just with different grilles...opposed to bespoke kits used with FPV
  • Interior, the XR8 will have the same interior as the XR range, more cost minimising.
Yes the work has been done, and the development costs covered back in the FPV days, however Ford will still need to try and recoup the cost of buying out Prodrive's share in FPV. This was an expense to Ford so it will be passed on to the consumer.
2009 FPV GS 302 #250/250
ZF And Leather
*Herrod Airbox *X-Force 2.5" Cat Back
Custom tuned by Ben at Auspeed Tuning Mackay to 270.5rwkw.
AGS302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #8815
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
wow! that does look good. Would love to see what a FGX E concept would of looked like after the year 2016.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #8816
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Same mirrors too.

See Ford, we could have had mirrors with an LED repeater and auto-fold function. They were already out there!

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2014, 01:53 PM   #8817
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
Same mirrors too.

See Ford, we could have had mirrors with an LED repeater and auto-fold function. They were already out there!
\
No issues - I am sure the parts are interchangeable lol

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2014, 02:45 PM   #8818
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Can't wait for the Jaguar XD, complete with plastic fuel tank and dodgy door handles!
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-09-2014, 02:58 PM   #8819
LooLoo18

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
At 500 units a month, you can bet production costs per unit are much higher than they ever were.

Thankfully, as Holden have found, the fear of no more local V8s mean there's a huge demand.
Dont forget their also about 400 less staff
XE Fairmont Ghia 4.9lt
EF Fairmont
AU Falcon II
BA MKII Fairmont
FG XR6 50TH
Current
Nissan Pulsar (The Wife's)
Ranger Wildtrak Chilli Orange
LooLoo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2014, 07:17 PM   #8820
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81 View Post
Can't wait for the Jaguar XD, complete with plastic fuel tank and dodgy door handles!
Can't wait for Jaguar XC with retro coke-bottle shaped body But the new Jag range looks terrific. Guess it could be called the spiritual successor to Falcon. Not bad for a Pom design (or is it Indian these days?).

Last edited by malazn mafia; 09-09-2014 at 07:26 PM.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post