Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 05:02 PM   #61
Ultimate
Pimp Daddy Pimp Pimp

Location: Queensland Events Assistant Co-Ordinator. Fiery's Little Helper

Yes it only shows the car up better so what the ИИИИ does it matter. Your a ИИИИing ****er for starting this thread
---------------------------------------------------
AFF Merchandise

Excellent Purchases With: AFF Team, Rooster, Russ
Old 07-04-2006, 05:05 PM   #62
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate
Yes it only shows the car up better so what the ИИИИ does it matter. Your a ИИИИing ****er for starting this thread
Arhh... Ultimate, if you ever see me start posting in one of these threads again or something of a similar nature - hit me! ing_sm
Old 07-04-2006, 05:08 PM   #63
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Put it this way - if an issues not raised or discussed, how would people get to know?

Sounds a bit like our current driver education system don't you think???

What we don't know . . . etc
Old 07-04-2006, 05:12 PM   #64
Ultimate
Pimp Daddy Pimp Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman
Arhh... Ultimate, if you ever see me start posting in one of these threads again or something of a similar nature - hit me! ing_sm

Ok deal.
AFF Merchandise

Old 07-04-2006, 05:17 PM   #65
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate
Your a ИИИИing ****er for starting this thread
OK OK... I think the thread starter, with the benefit of hindsight, may have wished he worded the orginal post differently but I don't think comments like this are necessary.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:23 PM   #66
Ultimate
Pimp Daddy Pimp Pimp

Yer ok then. Sorry mate for calling you a ****er.
AFF Merchandise

Old 07-04-2006, 05:33 PM   #67
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drftspec
I recon you should shut the ИИИИ up ac/******** i mean dc boy.......
who cares if us people drive with foggys on i do some days and i could care what you think honestly!!!!!!!
What about that one?

Friggen unneccisary IMHO...

Im as offended by your rudeness about AC/DC as you are about being called a moron for using foglights during the day...

I guess that makes you a hypocrite then... Im I allowed to abuse you because of your opinion?

This whole thread seems awfully familiar...

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:38 PM   #68
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I didn't see that one. Anyway, AC/DC from what I can tell, is a good bloke who just so happened to bring up a contentious point and copped his flaming on the chin. Jeff (Ultimate) is also a good bloke who doesn't normally say things like that. I think it's Friday afternoon and everyone's a little frazzled. Now... back to the fog lights!
Old 07-04-2006, 07:07 PM   #69
oyob2003

Default driving lights

After reading all the post I feel it is strange that the NSW Police advise all drivers to turn their headlights on over holiday periods, easter coming up for example, I drive with my head lights on all the time, period, and if I am on on a trip and a on comming car has their lights on I can spot them for ks, but you wont see a car without them on untill they get a lot closer................safety first!
Old 07-04-2006, 07:13 PM   #70
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I used mine the otherday, and it felt gooooooooood
Old 07-04-2006, 07:23 PM   #71
oyob2003

Default lights

also if you want to have your fogs on good for you, but it is also a safety issue.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:28 PM   #72
AUCOON

Its been said before a car with there lights on during the day stands out a hell of a lot more, take a look next time your on the road. I use mine all the time.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:31 PM   #73
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

the lights you are reffering to are called DRIVING LIGHTS, dont know how many of you have tryed to drive in FOG with white beams but it just reflects back at you, FOG lights are YELLOW in colour if your going to winge know what your winging about.

secondly they are 25W in brightness, WTF are you complaining about, it aids in visability so their is more of an importance to have them on than off, i really want my 20seconds back after reading this thread...

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
Old 07-04-2006, 07:39 PM   #74
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is a law against using the lights in clear conditions. Its attracts a fine. So you can drive with them on if you want, but if Mr Policeman see's you (Depends on the state your in), you could be up for a nasty fine.

It doesn't matter on your interpretation on whether your seen easier in clear conditions, it's what the law makers say it is. Clear conditions, it is against the law to use them.

I had mine on the otherday as we have our first fog for winter.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:44 PM   #75
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

This topic.. AGAIN??

Pfft! What's sheets me is morons who constantly complain about morons driving with fog/driving lights on. My T1 TS50 has the fog lights, sorry.. ****er lights, on the bottom of the front bar, and they're on everytime the car is started and driven.

Yay.. I'm a ****er with my **** lights on.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:23 AM   #76
TotalDriver
Dedicated to Safety....

It makes you wonder that if it's "against the law" the use these lights that FORD sold us unroadworthy vehicles?

Food for thought....
Old 08-04-2006, 09:39 AM   #77
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
the lights you are reffering to are called DRIVING LIGHTS,

WRONG. The subject lamps are COMPLIANCE coded as front fog lights. . "02B" - the letter B tells you this, look closley student at the 'lens', right near that E mark - see it?

If you tell me this rubbish in NSW and I see that coding on inspection, you will be fined.

dont know how many of you have tryed to drive in FOG with white beams but it just reflects back at you, FOG lights are YELLOW in colour if your going to winge know what your winging about.

I agree, now read and learn:-

Front fog lights are both white and 'selective' yellow. It is the beam characteristic that creates 'the light' type-function, not the colour. That said, 'yellow' is perceived by some to be softer to the approaching eye, but that does not make up the the low loss of actual lumination caused by having yellow. I myself am happy with white in my periodic 10 metre fogs, as I am yellow.

secondly they are 25W in brightness, WTF are you complaining about,
Your ignorance. They are NOT 25 watts. Front fog lights are compliance accepted at 12 volt 55watts. They utilize a variety of bulb types to achive this, no longer are H3's number one, very sad, its been in all the papers:-)

it aids in visability so their is more of an importance to have them on than off, i really want my 20seconds back after reading this thread...
Turn off your FOG lights, go wire up a set of daytime running lamps OR wire up your low-beam headlights to operate on half brightness, also accepted as DRL, very easy to do.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:39 AM   #78
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Kath and KIm always drive with fog lights on, " look at me, look at me" :hihi:
Old 08-04-2006, 11:15 AM   #79
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I'd have to agree that the commodore fog lights tend to be the more bright and distracting, they are clearly aimed higher than the fords are.

Two things really, really, really p1ss me off about lights though.

One is the people who drive with their park lights and fog lights,
and two is the people who have misaligned headlights that shine right at you.
Years ago getting a pink slip involved getting the height of your lights checked, this was to avoid glare and shining a badly aligned light into the oncoming motorists eyes. These days they are never checked, and as such I believe their is a little misdirected frustration at the assumption that badly aligned lights must also incorporate fog lights.

Before we ban driving lights/fog lights, I believe we must tackle the issue of misaligned lights, especially at the panel beater stage where these lights are installed yet never aligned.
We should also look at enforcing the law of driving with the high beams on, as there seems to be an ever increasing amount of people doing that.

Quote: