Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #61
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What really grinds my gears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankclare
As everyone said police have been baiting people for years. They have even been known to use modified unmarked vehicles wearing p plates.

Also as some have said there is a hoon law called excessive acceleration and you will get pinged for it. Have been in cars when people have been warned with it.

If there was ever the right for the public to book police for traffic infringements or defects I would have given out countless books by now lol.
I know people who have said cops wearing p plates but I am yet to see this. I go to heaps of places where cops cars marked and unmarked will be and I have never seen one marked with a P plater. I will put it out there, if anyone can get me proof of a P plater cop, show it.

End of the day, if you do nto do anything wrong you will not be booked.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #62
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdonny
Ya know what really grinds my gears!?
I was driving home tonight down Wellington Rd, nearing the Princes, had a grid at the traffic lights with an SS, he was giving me the 'look' saying 'come on mate, let's go'... I didn't and watched him fang off, same scenario happened at the next set of lights, again, I didn't give him anything. Pull up side by side at the third set of lights, and have a peek across to think what a ****** this bloke is... to my surprise and disgust, it was an unmarked cop car, no doubt the muppet would've pulled me over if I responded to his drag racing taunts.

What a low life coppa!

GRRRRRRRR!
May i ask how you knew it was an unmarked police car?? was he in uniform??
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #63
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled
I know people who have said cops wearing p plates but I am yet to see this. I go to heaps of places where cops cars marked and unmarked will be and I have never seen one marked with a P plater. I will put it out there, if anyone can get me proof of a P plater cop, show it.

End of the day, if you do nto do anything wrong you will not be booked.

Unmarked cop with P plate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDFQUmINkQ4
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #64
LTDHO
The one and only

Whilst I know it's illegal to display 'P' plates when the driver has a full licence but is it possible that a young copper would be driving an unmarked car?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #65
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Isn't it only highway patrol who get unmarked cars?
In nsw I think you have to spend 3 years as a regular cop before moving onto HP. So I assume you should be well and truly off your p plates by then.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #66
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

What exactly did this "look" look like?

Was it like this?

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #67
cdonny
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
What exactly did this "look" look like?

Was it like this?

It's uncanny, that is the exact look!
Add in the creep forward, and the engine revving.
cdonny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #68
cdonny
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
May i ask how you knew it was an unmarked police car?? was he in uniform??
As I said earlier, when I was on his left side, I could see cluster and instrument galore across the entire front of his car. Also, when he saw me rubber necking to have a look at him, he eased off, and left 2 cars length of space in front of him at the next lights (instead of being side by side) just so I couldn't get a look at him
cdonny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #69
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe

I'm definitely not disagreeing with you on this point bolded. However there are many many cases where I see police break to law to chase someone. Do I chase them to tell them they've just done the wrong thing?
No, If they observe someone breaking the law without inciting it then I say chase as hard as they want. Without starting a different argument I believe in chasing till someone is caught. This nanny idea of breaking off chases if a car speeds is only increasing the amount of accidents "due to pursuits". Every crook now knows they just have hang it out sideways to be let go.

Bring on the PITT manouver and spikes - you will get way less runners.

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #70
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
I'm definitely not disagreeing with you on this point bolded. However there are many many cases where I see police break to law to chase someone. Do I chase them to tell them they've just done the wrong thing?
ummm... what a bizzare thing to say.... you do realise that police are allowed to break the road rules when pursuing someone or when on a call out with lights and siren?

Your saying that all emergency services cant speed over the limit?
Cant go through red lights? Make illegal u-turns? Double park?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #71
Demogorgan
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B - CV8
Get the rego number & report the vehicle for "hooning". If enough people do this - someone will have a bit of explaining to do..
Trust me if enough people do, it doesn't look good for the hooning copper 'specially if he's not writing up enough tickets for all that hooning ;)
Demogorgan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #72
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Whilst I know it's illegal to display 'P' plates when the driver has a full licence but is it possible that a young copper would be driving an unmarked car?
thats a myth.
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post