Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #61
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: So who is up for hosting a family ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
I was saying there are safe ports between their country so you pop up an obviously unsaft destination. some people don't comprehend before typing their reply ( or maybe my statement doesn't fit your agenda ) there are stable countrie on their journey they ignore in favour of their chosen illegal imigration destination

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 06-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #62
ozfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68xt
Shouldn't we be helping Australians, especially children that have been abused sexaully, physically mentally, along with struggling families especially single parents. not to mention adults (young and old) with all sorts of issues, addictions and bondage.

I am not against immigration, without it a lot of us wouldn't be here. But come on, we need to focus on the real issues that Australian Citizens face everyday. before we take on other countries issues.

Just an example. In SA a lot of immigrants went to an ex army barracks in Inverbrackie against the local communities wishes. They were given fully furnished homettes and given brand new clothes, cigarettes and a local community centre was shut down for them to use. The each hold a disability card (discounted bus fare etc) as their disability was not being able to speak the Australian language.

Furthermore I heard from a reliable source, there was a group that asked for more money as they needed to buy new clothes, the agency (not saying) replied what have you done with your clothes that were just bought. their response was we threw them out, as they did not know how to use a washing machine.

I work with children everyday and I see first hand that there are so many issues that the government sweep under the rug. It is just not fair to the real Aussie battlers.

JMO
im hearin ya 68xt , trips to the local cinema too, popcorn ,icecream and a coke too,guess they had to go to the 10:30 am session on a sunday morning so as too not draw too much attention,im pretty sure all the lower income earning families in SA get there cinema passes sent out by mail dont they
Old 06-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #63
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh come on you intolerant rednecks...what is the problem with letting one or more men into your house who can't speak English, have a very different set of moral values when it comes to treatment of women, who has already happily broken the law several times to get here illegally, and who has destroyed all documentation so we have no real idea of who they are, into your house to sit around taking afternoon tea with your missus while you're at work...in your house where all your valuables are?

What could possibly go wrong?

I mean, I'm sure they wouldn't object to you eating food that isn't Halal or something that doesn't meet their beliefs, and that someone would provide them with a prayer room set up in your house so they can worship their imaginary sky fairy five times a day, not to mention assisting you with shopping to ensure only the "correct" food is purchased and that your damn wife covers her sinful self up around them so as not to offend...other than that, it'd be no biggy...
Old 06-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #64
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

So...

Who is actually up for it...

There's no replacement for displacement!!!

Handling: Bilstein Shocks with King springs all round, Whiteline 27mm front swaybar & 22mm rear adj, upgraded PBR rotors, calipers and braided lines all round with Bendix Ultimate pads.
Go Fast Bits: Herrod C.A.I with K&N 4" pod flter, Herrod Helix spacer, Herrod oil breathers, Tridon 72c thermostat, Herrod 2.5" stainless cat back zorst.

Last edited by Bunyip04; 06-05-2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Misread..
Old 06-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #65
gtfpv
GT

look some of the highest unemployment figures in sydney are around bankstown , multi cultural immigrant city !!!!
we can talk about facts in a not so great way too......
Old 06-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #66
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe

I have no sympathy for any "plight" they're in. I believe they make half the things up as they go. The government needs to look at our aging population first and sort that before looking at other issues.
some do, most don't.

ageing population? like i said previously, that's why we have high immigration and refugee intake, because your not doing your bit by having 5 kids.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #67
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
look some of the highest unemployment figures in sydney are around bankstown , multi cultural immigrant city !!!!
we can talk about facts in a not so great way too......
that's got to do with criminal element, not immigration.

if it was because of immigrants, obviously redfern, and northern suburbs of adelaide would be full of immigrants, but they are not.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #68
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
Oh come on you intolerant rednecks...what is the problem with letting one or more men into your house who can't speak English, have a very different set of moral values when it comes to treatment of women, who has already happily broken the law several times to get here illegally, and who has destroyed all documentation so we have no real idea of who they are, into your house to sit around taking afternoon tea with your missus while you're at work...in your house where all your valuables are?

What could possibly go wrong?

I mean, I'm sure they wouldn't object to you eating food that isn't Halal or something that doesn't meet their beliefs, and that someone would provide them with a prayer room set up in your house so they can worship their imaginary sky fairy five times a day, not to mention assisting you with shopping to ensure only the "correct" food is purchased and that your damn wife covers her sinful self up around them so as not to offend...other than that, it'd be no biggy...
seriously, you should really stop projecting your own bigotry and insecurities.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #69
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Amazing... so many redneck comments didnt get deleted.. and plenty of others which did get deleted and the thread is allowed to turn into redneck slanging match.... great to see the aussie spirit is alive and well here, not to mention ignorance is truely bliss isnt it.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 06-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #70
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Why won't you guys say if you'll participate in the offer or not...?

Handling: Bilstein Shocks with King springs all round, Whiteline 27mm front swaybar & 22mm rear adj, upgraded PBR rotors, calipers and braided lines all round with Bendix Ultimate pads.
Go Fast Bits: Herrod C.A.I with K&N 4" pod flter, Herrod Helix spacer, Herrod oil breathers, Tridon 72c thermostat, Herrod 2.5" stainless cat back zorst.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #71
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka
I remember a time not too long ago when there was no shootouts, where you could go anywhere in your state and feel safe and ALL the community are proud of our ANZAC's etc. Today sadly it is the opposite...... The net result of the failed immigration policy is here with us now, the question remains- what's the overall cost to the community? Do the math then see who in the community suffers the most......could it be all of us?
Ltd_on20's i understand where you're coming from but today is not the 50's or 60's or even the 70's......might be a good idea for some but not the majority of battlers out there and nearly everyone today is a battler. Sad but true.....

cheers,Maka
that comes down to pc breakdown of law and order, not immigration.

the immigration policy has not failed. successive garbage governments have.

check our history.

we had the same crazy false fear factors when

-greek/ italian immigration came in. most worked their way into society, some ended up in gangs and deep criminal activity.

then we had the asian "tsunami", again, most worked their way into society, some became criminals, thats why we have an asian crime squad.

then we had the lebanese during the civil war. some became criminals, some from the muslim background but also many from the christian background, the phalange, which was ran out of lebanon and many settled in sydney, and thats why you have an ME crime squad.

just remember though, many of those from other backgrounds caught by police, the tipoff comes from their own communities.

Last edited by ltd_on20s; 06-05-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #72
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyip04
Someone has stated they are. I am not. I am also not going to foster troubled Australian teenagers. Not that I don't think it's a good idea, just that I am not up to the challenge.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #73
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i would, but they would have to screen the families they put them into, bit like taking in and orphan or foster kid.

would have to be someone of similar background, as your able to communicate with them, along their level of understanding.

regardless of where they come from, it's a culture shock for anyone.

edited last bit, has come up previously on page 2.

Last edited by ltd_on20s; 06-05-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #74
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

What do you mean "but" they have to screen families they put them into?
What's the problem with that?

Old 06-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #75
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
agree, it seems they shop around for their country of choice which means they are no longer asylum seekers

my wife and i just paid $33,000 + a $10,000 bond to get my mother in law here . . . . legally
why should others just drop on our doorstep if they don't follow the legal channels
I'm more worried about you , who would pay that much to bring their mother in law over ??? I'd pay that much to get rid of mine............
Old 06-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #76
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs
I'm more worried about you , who would pay that much to bring their mother in law over ??? I'd pay that much to get rid of mine............
you almost got me
but my mother in law cooks, cleans and mows the lawns
and she sat through qualifying and race 9 today

Last edited by gtxb67; 06-05-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #77
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What do you mean "but" they have to screen families they put them into?
What's the problem with that?
criminal history, their working history etc etc.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #78
Pis-ton broke
Banned

i think its a little naive to believe that the immigratans will do the right thing by you and your family ect. Just because a government man tells you that "they are ok, there good people"

poeple that you know can do bad things to you, so i would be isane to let a total unknown into the family home.

No. 1 . look after home/family first, (an juLIER isn,t doing that)
Old 06-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #79
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s
seriously, you should really stop projecting your own bigotry and insecurities.
you mean like the tv stations,police and media ,they are gagged and dont show the faces of the drive by shootings now nightly in some sydney suburbs , perhaps i should not voice whats happening also .
Old 06-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #80
bullfrog

As an Immigrant myself (albeit at 4 mths of age) I agree with this following thought from Holland. If you want to come to Australia, speak Australian and want to be an Australian!
This is relevant to all immigrants not just muslims.

"The Netherlands, where six per cent of the population is now Muslim,
is scrapping multiculturalism:
The Dutch government says it will abandon the long-standing model of
multiculturalism that has encouraged Muslim immigrants to create a
parallel society within the Netherlands.
A new integration bill, which Dutch Interior Minister Piet Hein
Donner presented to parliament on June 16, reads:
"The government shares the social dissatisfaction over the
multicultural society model and plans to shift priority to the values
of the Dutch people.
In the new integration system, the values of the Dutch society play a
central role.
With this change, the government steps away from the model of a
multicultural society.
The letter continues:
"A more obligatory integration is justified because the government
also demands that from its own citizens. It is necessary because
otherwise the society gradually grows apart and eventually no one
feels at home anymore in the Netherlands...
The new integration policy will place more demands on immigrants. For
example, immigrants will be required to learn the Dutch language, and
the government will take a tougher approach to immigrants who ignore
Dutch values or disobey Dutch law.
The government will also stop offering special subsidies for Muslim
immigrants because, according to Donner;
"It is not the government's job to integrate immigrants." (How bloody
true).
The government will introduce new legislation that outlaws forced
marriages and will also impose tougher measures against Muslim
immigrants who lower their chances of employment by the way they dress.
More specifically, the government will impose a ban on face-covering,
Islamic burqas as of January 1, 2013.(Why wait 15 months?)
Holland has done that whole liberal thing, and realised - maybe too
late - that creating a nation of tribes will kill the nation itself."

READERS NOTE:
Muslim immigrants leave their countries of birth because of civil and
political unrest "CREATED BY THE VERY NATURE OF THEIR CULTURE."

Countries like Holland and Australia have an established way of life
that actually works, so why embrace the unworkable?

If Muslims do not wish to accept another culture, the answer is
simple; "STAY WHERE YOU ARE!!"

Unfortunately Australian politicians don't have the ... guts to do
the same.

There's a whole lot of truth here!!!!

ELECTION 2013 IS COMING

A Nation of Sheep, Breeds a Government of Wolves!

I'M 100% for PASSING THIS ON!!!

Let's Take a Stand!!!

Borders: Closed!

Language: English!

Law: Obey Australian Law

Culture: Australian Constitution, is the Bill of Rights!

Drug Free: Mandatory Drug Screening before Welfare!

NO freebies to: Non-Citizens!

Last edited by bullfrog; 06-05-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #81
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
you mean like the tv stations,police and media ,they are gagged and dont show the faces of the drive by shootings now nightly in some sydney suburbs , perhaps i should not voice whats happening also .

that's got nothing to do with the original post i responded to.

Last edited by ltd_on20s; 06-05-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #82
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfrog
As an Immigrant myself (albeit at 4 mths of age) I agree with this following thought from Holland. If you want to come to Australia, speak Australian and want to be an Australian!

"The Netherlands, where six per cent of the population is now Muslim,
is scrapping multiculturalism:
The Dutch government says it will abandon the long-standing model of
multiculturalism that has encouraged Muslim immigrants to create a
parallel society within the Netherlands.
A new integration bill, which Dutch Interior Minister Piet Hein
Donner presented to parliament on June 16, reads:
"The government shares the social dissatisfaction over the
multicultural society model and plans to shift priority to the values
of the Dutch people.
In the new integration system, the values of the Dutch society play a
central role.
With this change, the government steps away from the model of a
multicultural society.
The letter continues:
"A more obligatory integration is justified because the government
also demands that from its own citizens. It is necessary because
otherwise the society gradually grows apart and eventually no one
feels at home anymore in the Netherlands...
The new integration policy will place more demands on immigrants. For
example, immigrants will be required to learn the Dutch language, and
the government will take a tougher approach to immigrants who ignore
Dutch values or disobey Dutch law.
The government will also stop offering special subsidies for Muslim
immigrants because, according to Donner;
"It is not the government's job to integrate immigrants." (How bloody
true).
The government will introduce new legislation that outlaws forced
marriages and will also impose tougher measures against Muslim
immigrants who lower their chances of employment by the way they dress.
More specifically, the government will impose a ban on face-covering,
Islamic burqas as of January 1, 2013.(Why wait 15 months?)
Holland has done that whole liberal thing, and realised - maybe too
late - that creating a nation of tribes will kill the nation itself."

READERS NOTE:
Muslim immigrants leave their countries of birth because of civil and

Countries like Holland and Australia have an established way of life
that actually works, so why embrace the unworkable?

If Muslims do not wish to accept another culture, the answer is
simple; "STAY WHERE YOU ARE!!"

Unfortunately Australian politicians don't have the ... guts to do
the same.

There's a whole lot of truth here!!!!

ELECTION 2013 IS COMING

A Nation of Sheep, Breeds a Government of Wolves!

I'M 100% for PASSING THIS ON!!!

Let's Take a Stand!!!

Borders: Closed!

Language: English!

Law: Obey Australian Law

Culture: Australian Constitution, is the Bill of Rights!

Drug Free: Mandatory Drug Screening before Welfare!

NO freebies to: Non-Citizens!

We the people are coming!!!

Only 86% will send this on. Should be a 100%. What will you do?
"Muslim immigrants leave their countries of birth because of civil and
"

yeah. it's got nothing to do with 60 years of invasion, and western funding of dictators.

again, your post has NOTHING to do with what we are discussing here. you want to bandy about racially charged and frankly fraudulent emails go do so with your mates on stormfront.

you are an utter idiot.

sorry but that has to be said.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #83
bullfrog

Quote:
"

yeah. it's got nothing to do with 60 years of invasion, and western funding of dictators.

again, your post has NOTHING to do with what we are discussing here. you want to bandy about racially charged and frankly fraudulent emails go do so with your mates on stormfront.

you are an utter idiot.

sorry but that has to be said.
Thanks for your reply.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #84
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Quote:
"

you are an utter idiot.

sorry but that has to be said
Seems common sense is not so common...

Old 06-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #85
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Seems common sense is not so common...

no it's not when people try to skew the discussion to suit their own agenda, rather then keep it on course and discuss what the original post was about.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #86
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Quote:
no it's not when people try to skew the discussion to suit their own agenda, rather then keep it on course and discuss what the original post was about.
Fair point..

Old 06-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #87
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Fair point..
sorry man, just getting irked that some posts seem to point into this thread going in a "muslim v us" angle, rather then who would actually settle a refugee, regardless of where they come from, in their home.

2010–11 offshore visa grants by top ten countries of birth
Countries Number of visas granted

Iraq 2151
Burma 1443
Afghanistan 1027
Bhutan 1001
Congo (DRC) 565
Ethiopia 381
Sri Lanka 289
Iran 271
Sudan 243
Somalia 190

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/60refugee.htm

Last edited by ltd_on20s; 06-05-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #88
bullfrog

Quote:
Point taken. As stated in a previous post, I'm a "Wog". My family came to Australia when you were required to speak the English language, you paid half of your travel to Australia and you had to have enough money for a deposit for a house, AND you wanted to integrate into Australian society. I think my family have met the required agenda for 49 years now.
As for the OP, "NO" I would not host a family unless they were 100% committed to being an Australian Citizen, and wanted to become "Aussies", (whilst still recognizing their original heritage). After all that's what Australia is made up of, even the aboriginal people originally migrated from Africa via Southest Asia.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #89
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfrog
Point taken. As stated in a previous post, I'm a "Wog". My family came to Australia when you were required to speak the English language, you paid half of your travel to Australia and you had to have enough money for a deposit for a house, AND you wanted to integrate into Australian society. I think my family have met the required agenda for 49 years now.
As for the OP, "NO" I would not host a family unless they were 100% committed to being an Australian Citizen, and wanted to become "Aussies", (whilst still recognizing their original heritage). After all that's what Australia is made up of, even the aboriginal people originally migrated from Africa via Southest Asia.
i apologise for my rudeness before as well.

just be wary of those emails that do the rounds, because most of the time they are so far off the truth it's not funny.

my father came from lebanon in 68, took a loan to get here, and could not speak a word of english.

he now owns his properties outright, speaks english and has never taken a dime from the government.

and yes, we are muslims. i play football (afl), coach under 14's, my wife does not wear any hijab or niqab, and runs a successful hairdressing salon. i don't drink, and really don't care if others do or not, and i'm happy to have public holidays off....i was actually born here too.

MOST, just want to provide better lives for their families.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #90
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

What I think should happen with migrants is they shouldn't let them all settle in one area, then you basically create an "ethnic ghetto", where they all congregate around particular areas, form their own mini-communities and then don't assimilate with the rest of the country. Have a look at Broadmeadows here in Victoria, also Melton and Dandenong are starting to get a large group of African migrants settling in the area.

I've got no problem with migrants, but if they where all mixed about the towns/suburbs of their chosen region you wouldn't really have that issue.

I've seen it with my own grandparents, they migrated here from Italy after WWII, then they moved into an area with a lot of other Italian migrants, had formed their own community, they've been in Australia since the late 40s, early 50s and they still don't speak a word of English, and won't associate with other backgrounds and cultures.

Not only that but if they do the above, they tend to bring their issues from back home with them, example my grandparents hate southern Italians and get into fights/won't associate with them.

One of the South African guys at work hates white South Africans and won't ever have anything to do with them due to the crap that went down back home years ago.

That said, a world without Spaghetti Bolognese is a world not worth living in

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 06-05-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Closed Thread