Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #61
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Hoon in a Commodore ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET270 View Post
The lights went green, he took off sideways AGAIN at a great rate of knot's ... i took off in reverse...

By the time he realised i had done a scando flick in reverse
Did the "You're Fired" fax disappear in your girlfriend's hands soon after this happened?

I saw the end of Back to the Future III too McFly.
5 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #62
DMENTDGT
ON CHARGE

^^^^^^^ Best race ever Iggle Piggle hahahah...

I have the best laugh when talking to uneducated drivers, not implying that they are holden drivers but one example the other night working he was convinced that a vu ss with a cam was quicker than my 5.0 s/c GT... The whole Ford - Holden debate is gold all ways sets up for a great laugh and someone getting ****ed off. My good mate also loves Holden but drives an xr6t wtf...

FORD FALCON FPV GT 335
Lightening Strike
ZF Box
Leather
Cat Back 2.5" Stainless Steel Exhaust
5% Tints
Stock Power: 346.3rwkw

Current Rides: Porsche Cayenne, Suzuki GSXR 1000 K1
PRIOR RIDES: BA2 xr8 ute, AU2 Xr6, EL xr8, EB Ghia 5.0L, XD 4.0L

Last edited by DMENTDGT; 07-07-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #63
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

iggle wiggle it is a true story and i have never watched back to the future so dunno what you are on about ...were you driving the Maloo were ya?

How long till you get your licence back ??
This user likes this post:
Old 07-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #64
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pump the brakes mate, I wouldn't be taking posts in this thread too seriously
Old 07-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #65
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Quote:
My fav story was last year in Rockvegas.... after lining up at the lights beside a 317 maloo ute for the umpteenth time and consistantly ignoring him i finally got to a set of lights near the train tracks on the north side where there was no traffic around us ...

The lights went green, he took off sideways AGAIN at a great rate of knot's ... i took off in reverse...

By the time he realised i had done a scando flick in reverse and removed myself from his infintile display for the final time, he had already blasted past a Blue Vitto that looked like a speed van while doing at least twice the speed limit...

After my missus and i finished our lunch we retraced our steps and sure enough it was indeed a speed van and no more sign of the tool in the maloo... i had a great day.
Whats the point of that though, hows going backwards the wrong way down a road better than speeding off? Why not just drive off normally? 90% chance he didn't even care about you, alot of the time when people roar off from lights its not 'racing' its just roaring off for the sake of it.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #66
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66GT View Post
I thought V8's & P plates were not an allowable combination - mainly due to the young & dumb driving wrecklessly.
A P plater can drive a V8 if the car is registered and insured for business use only.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #67
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
... i took off in reverse...
This made me laugh. Not only did he get a ticket, but you also gave him a WTF moment that will remain in the back of his head until the day he dies.

The Project
73 XB GS Fairmont Coupe K-Code.
2 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #68
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

My EF was the worst for people wanting to race it. Had almost everything line up wanting a go.

The funniest was in Newcastle a few months ago. We were in Gerrys FG XR6 with a car full of people and towing the EF skid car on the back. We pulled up beside a P-plater in a VR/VS commodore ute and he looked over and gave the stare and a little rev. Stuff it I thought and footed it off the lights as well. Surprisingly we kept up and started to pull away from him (up to the speed limit). I'll admit his ute blew a LOT of smoke and you could tell it wasn't running right but he kept into it lol. The look on his face when he realised we had a car trailer on was classic.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

Old 07-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #69
Hell Cat

The guy at work with an SS commodore was telling me how his car would "smoke" my cars in a race.

REALLY? REALLY?..... he better hope so because my daily driver is a 1.5L nissan cube and the falcon is sitting in the shed with no engine.

He drives like an imbecile everywhere he goes, flat foot.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #70
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

the hoon song..with video

http://youtu.be/zsTdCmjHgEg
Old 07-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #71
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman View Post
A P plater can drive a V8 if the car is registered and insured for business use only.
Which sucks because that means to and from work, not getting pizza on Friday night after work with mates.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #72
stace650

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman View Post
In this state (WA) a P plater can own and drive a Bugatti Veyron if they can afford it.

'63 Mercury Meteor
Long and slow
Old 07-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #73
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Except Veyrons aren't legal in Australia, retarded no LHD laws.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #74
stace650

Ha! I didn't know that. I guess a conversion at American Conversions is out of the question!

But seriously, new drivers can drive anything in WA. You see see lots of them in Falcon turbos, V8 Commys, WRX's and Skylines. And lots of them do crazy things in them.

The Wild West!

'63 Mercury Meteor
Long and slow
Old 07-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #75
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberKnee View Post
If you look closesly you can see its actually a Commodore with a GT bodykit...and a GT body...and a GT chassis...and a GT driveline...and a GT interior...and a GT driver...crafty Commodore drivers...
Don't forget to mention the retro fitted ford badge!
Old 07-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #76
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberKnee View Post
Whats the point of that though, hows going backwards the wrong way down a road better than speeding off? Why not just drive off normally? 90% chance he didn't even care about you, alot of the time when people roar off from lights its not 'racing' its just roaring off for the sake of it.
You clearly need to re-read what i posted

Secondly you need to comprehend what someone is actually explaining before bashing on ya keyboard...
Old 07-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #77
Road Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
This made me laugh. Not only did he get a ticket, but you also gave him a WTF moment that will remain in the back of his head until the day he dies.
Exactly matey you understand ... the anger was starting to build up after not being able to get rid of that tool short of pulling over and after slowing down speeding up he would have just done laps to find me again.. it gave my missus a laugh anyway
2 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #78
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Pulled up at a set of lights in the ba xr6t with box trailer on. Vy munro pulls up chicks in the back all giggling, driver big burly bogan looks over at me. Lights change I trumped it couple of lengths ahead of him. It was 2 lanes each way, but about 400 meters up ahead it was single lane. I slowed down for the single lane he wizzes past after the fact. Shame job, got beaten by a falcon towing a trailer.
DISCLAIMER:Names and places changed to protect the innocent, some facts may have been altered in translation. Do not try this at home conducted in a closed environment by professionals.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #79
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I doubt the dude in maloo would have noticed it.. seriously cereal..
Old 07-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #80
Spurious

My AU2 isn't anything special. So I had a couple teens in a commy pull up next to me on my left at a set of light's in Devonport once (my son in my passenger seat- 60k zone). The two lanes merged to one on the other side so it's obvious they want to take charge on the 'green' or they would just stay behind. The teens got a rolling start 'cause the light went green as he pulled up. I don't know why they do it but the driver gave me "the stare". So with his rolling start & a green to go I stepped on it, neck & neck to the merge lane. I was a split second from surrender when he braked. Merging requires the driver on the left to give way in most cases anyhow. I'm not that proud to admit it but my son, 12, thought that was great! I'm not very competitive 'cause it does make us feel stupid when we do, but sometimes these young guys just have it coming. Just to be fair, I know a few chicks that do it to, love to win those traffic light grand prix.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #81
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ah well, another one bites the dust
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread