Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-04-2008, 01:04 AM   #61
sanjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamelion
Do you still want the pics mate? I'll go down and take some if you do... Would have done it earlier, but it's been a fairly crazy day.

Matt.
i would actually

help a fellow OCAU'er out (computer nerd, not car buff here!)

HLC - adaptive shift auto doesnt have power or economy mode i dont think...at least theres no button for it.

100% suburban driving, never go above 60, plenty of traffic lights. i do like to give it a bit of throttle coz i love the sound but it never really goes above 2500rpm (seems to pull along just fine with no need to get too excited!)

i really thought that 12-13l/100km would be a reasonable ask though with my type of driving, because i HAMMER TO HELL my dad's 3.0l boxer 6 cyl subaru outback in sport sharp mode and the trip computer never says im doing more than 13l/100km (i had it for the last two weeks to clear out all dad's sedate driving which would bring the average down ) - thats even when im regularly spooning it all the way up to 4500rpm in first and second around town. i obviously dont treat my own car the same...(dont worry, his is on a novated lease and is due for replacement in a few months)
Old 29-04-2008, 12:07 PM   #62
tickford90

I think I'll re[place my O2 sensor now because I'm going through fuel like you wouldn't believe and it pushing me to buy the new ranger which has 8.3L/100km. Last week I put injector cleaner in my car and took off the leads and plugs one by one and found that the number 1 lead the ring was split open so it probably wasn't firing too well. Fixed that up and already the economy has improved, but not good enough. Hope this helps anyone else.
tickford90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 12:33 PM   #63
Foggy

Im average about 12l to the 100 from a S1 ute 5 speed non VCt for the daily to and from work trip in traffic in Sydney. The only mod on the ute is that it only has 1 muffler in the system otherwise bog stock.
Foggy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2008, 09:26 PM   #64
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

I'm changing the Oxy sensor on Sunday, and will probably do plugs and air filter too (oil was done a few months back).

Fingers crossed we'll notice a difference !
Old 30-04-2008, 09:57 PM   #65
Chamelion
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry Sanjay, my camera battery was flat (the mrs finished it off and didn't recharge it) so I havn't yet been able to take a pic. I'll have the mrs reveal the location of the charger in the morning so I can get the battery charged enough to get a few snaps.

Matt.
Chamelion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2008, 11:24 PM   #66
aussiemart

Im getting 830km to 65 litres in a xr8 220kw manual on the highway, dont think i will be changing to the "MORE" ? economical 6 cylinder any time soon.
aussiemart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2008, 12:25 AM   #67
HLC
Audi S3

i think i set a new record for economy last tank...

18.5L/100km in my I6 LOL

and the oxy sensor is still good as the tank before that was around the 13L/100km mark, and im on track for another 13L/100km tank this time too LOL
Old 22-08-2008, 08:00 AM   #68
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

After doing coil packs and leads my economy became much better, just gotta do O2 sensors.
Old 22-08-2008, 09:43 AM   #69
Fireblade
Wizard Member

My XR8 on average 18.6L/100km for the last 10,000km which works out to roughly $30 per 100km using Ultimate or V-power.

Missus BA XR6 13.3L/100km for the last 10,000km which works out to roughly $20 per 100km using normal unleaded.

I use 10,000km to get a decent average over time which seems to be more consistent for fuel averages, for my liking anyway.
Old 22-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #70
kiwikid10
WHAP!!! POW!!! ZORK!!!

It would seem to me from reading this thread that the thirsty V8 is a myth and it should really be the thirsty I6!

My fairmont in getting 11.6L/100km and I drive with power mode on, down the M4, King georges road and M5 tunnel everyday in the peak hour carpark in the morning and reasonably clear traffic in the evening. 75Km each way. 150Km a day. Go figure, My XR6 HP (manual) costs me as much to run as the Fairmont, and I run that on 91 and the mont on 98. I have tried babying the XR, short shifting, using 95, using 98, but I can't get the same economy as the V8!
Now with the flash tuner on the way, I'm hoping to get into the 10'sL/100Km based on the claim of 1-2 litre better fuel consumption. So no regrets when I get rid of the XR in a months time.
Bodykit: Havoc
Wheels:XR8 AUII 17's
Interior: upgraded to Ghia,rebolstered seats.
Have parts just need fitting: Territory front brakes, Police issue rear brakes,Full sound system,Alpine HU/Processors,Focal speakers,Xtant amps.
kiwikid10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2008, 08:07 PM   #71
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
i think i set a new record for economy last tank...

18.5L/100km in my I6 LOL

and the oxy sensor is still good as the tank before that was around the 13L/100km mark, and im on track for another 13L/100km tank this time too LOL

Meh ... I managed 24L/100km the other day ... mind you the loads I was carrying were pretty heavy all day ... and I had to do a freeway run carrying these

They were meant to be 120kg each ... they were more like 250kg each ... I really couldn't do more than 80km/h due to the buffetting ... was interesting when being passed by trucks.

I was stopped on the M7 just re-checking my load ... and took a few photos with my phone for evidence.

Last edited by Mechan1k; 23-08-2008 at 08:14 PM.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2008, 08:46 PM   #72
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

I get anything from 9L to 11L per 100km's
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2008, 09:49 PM   #73
scrivens
quarter pane

I've been doing the same run each day/week for years; had a V8 NC Fairlane for 11 years and bought an AU2 in February this year. For the past 12 years I've always bought fuel (91 oct) from the same place (Liberty). The V8 used to average around 16L/100km, the AU2 has been doing around 12L/100km. And here's the odd thing. The service station I've been using changed hands last month and the new owners are ... so I've been filling up at the local Caltex with their 95 Premium. 3 tanks so far and the average has been around 15.8L/100km and the car feels rough and lumpy. I reset the ECU before this last tank but it has made no difference. I'll try another brand when this tank runs out in a couple of days, but the car is (otherwise) running fine, has just had it's 5000km oil and filter change, plugs, O2 sensor, coil packs etc are excellent and it's only done 80,000km anyway. Completely stock i6 Forte auto, by the way. Did a run from Adelaide to Newcastle and back a few weeks ago and averaged 8L/100km for the 3500km - but most of that is 110kmh on cruise control and on dead flat plains.
scrivens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post