Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 31-07-2007, 12:45 PM   #61
Ringo
I see you....

You are doing the right thing waiting until you get your car back before letting loose.

Ditto earleir commenst about it shows the lack of respect he has for your pride and joy.

Ask a few questions and let him walk into the trap.

"So how was the road test?"
"I saw you in the car the other day.."

I used to a mechanic and our road tester used to get busted regularly doing things.

At home "Why is my car parked out the front of a house with the hazard lights on...is it OK?"

Bird watching "Why was my car on chapel street?" "Ahhh roadtesting for overheating in traffic..."

Speeding " $%&^#$$&$&#" "Really?...are you sure it was your car sir?....we don't roadtest on that street"

I know someone who lives next to a dealership *cough Honda *cough Brighton who despises the dealership staff flogging cars up and down their street. The neighbours have all got together to make complaints to the cops, the council and the dealership.
Old 31-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #62
trent
Starter Motor

Makes you wonder whether some repairs on vehicles are due to wear and tear or the way that the mechanic 'test' drives the car.
Old 31-07-2007, 12:59 PM   #63
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I wouldnt be mentioning this site to him if your planning to defame him. I wouldnt want to see this site closed down due to a deformation law suit.

Just mention you are part of a national ford club with nearly 60,000 members and they will certainly be hearing of such disgraceful conduct.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 31-07-2007, 12:59 PM   #64
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

As someone who has gone through a long drawn out saga that involved my car being written off by an ex-mechanic (and ex-friend) then you have to go to someone else.

You now know beyond any doubt that he abuses the car more than you do and while he has the fun you have to pay for the driveline abuse.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Old 31-07-2007, 01:08 PM   #65
jason71
google is my friend

You wouldn't want to see what they did to the cars at a Peter Warren Ford dealership way back in 87 when I was doing work experience.
Burnouts, drag races, etc. and they absolutely flogged the cars of costumers they thought were wingers.
Old 31-07-2007, 01:12 PM   #66
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry 351
Go and ***k his Mrs. When he asks why, just say I was only doing to your Mrs. what you were doing to my car.

After that, never take it back.
mate thats just dodgy.....

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
Old 31-07-2007, 01:23 PM   #67
20focus05
I wanna XR5

You dont want to take your car to Boyd Coddingtons then, have you seen what he does to a car before he works on it. He has a good go at blowing something up!

But more to the point I dont think its the right thing to do, very unprofessional leaves himself wide open for litigation. Take it to someone else and get them to find problems with driveline and bill him.
Old 31-07-2007, 01:36 PM   #68
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSH
a bloke who tuned mine last week melted pistons on the dyno. was not impressed
Was that a different tune shop than you used last time?
Old 31-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #69
bingoTE50
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty
I was always under the impression that the workshops had to have their own insurance cover for driving customers cars?

Otherwise i thought it wouldnt be worth the risk of test driving anyones car because you'd have no way of knowing if it was or wasnt insured? And technically it's the driver who would be responsible for the accident and the consequences/costs, not the owner.
Yeah not sure.. I hope so .. Could be a prob if they wrote it off hooning , maybe they would not be covered. A good question to find out about for all of us..
Old 31-07-2007, 02:09 PM   #70
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'd wait to get your car back. tell him you'll have to pay him tomorrow cause you lost your wallet and cant get money out of the bank untill you repost your lost card to the bank and get a temporary card (im sure he'd be okay because you go there all the time). take photos of the carpark, and the skids and then send them to his workshop in the mail.

he wont chase you for the $$$ cause he'l feel like an erect in a high school gym class. then find a new mechanic

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Old 31-07-2007, 02:16 PM   #71
EdFairmontGhia
ED_Ghia

Tell Today tonight or A Current Affair, they'll sort him out
Old 31-07-2007, 02:21 PM   #72
LTDterri
SY TS Territory

I agree to start up a conversation, but flat out tell him what you saw, what time, what bus stop, what the Bird looked like that was being picked up and how the only way you stopped yourself from burning down his workshop was that your car was in it. Then tell him you have posted his details on this forum to avoid his sorry a$$ and never go back again. He couldn't value your custom all that much........and if he has a cat KICK it....I'm glad I got that out of my system, I hate these type of fools.
Old 31-07-2007, 02:21 PM   #73
holmsy
Banned

i would be gettin 2 new tyres for the car. taking that cost out of your bill. pay him the rest and tell him you wont be back.
Old 31-07-2007, 02:31 PM   #74
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFairmontGhia
Tell Today tonight or A Current Affair, they'll sort him out
Then they will blow it all out of proportion accusing us all of being hoons that take our cars to illegal modifying garages.

Oo\===/oO
Old 31-07-2007, 02:31 PM   #75
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If hes a good mechanic, looks after your car well and looks after you on price then whats the problem if he went a little sideways in it?

You have obviously trusted him with it before and there have been no problems with that, so why now?

Does he thrash it more than what you do? Id be much more worried leaving my car for a service at a ford dealer....
Old 31-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #76
Cam
Stroking it...

I spoke to the Dept of Fair Trading, she advised me to seek some legal advice which i just may do..

I plan on recording my conversation with him on my phone..
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Old 31-07-2007, 02:42 PM   #77
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
If hes a good mechanic, looks after your car well and looks after you on price then whats the problem if he went a little sideways in it?
It's not his car. He has no right to thrash the sh** out of someone else's pride and joy. It's just not his. He's paid to do the work - not to rip up the tyres. It shows he is dishonest, irrisponsible and down right stupid. I wouldn't want a clown like that going anywhere near my car.
Old 31-07-2007, 02:45 PM   #78
Matty4
Banana

Geez.....if that was me then I would've walked over to the bus stop, kicked him out of MY car and told him to walk his sorry ar$e back to the workshop.
Nobody drives my car like that, even if I do, unless I give them specific permission to do so.

No respect = no business. Full Stop.
Old 31-07-2007, 02:54 PM   #79
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

damn dodgy mechanics ! well tell him this:
You might have all the others fooled, but not me. Your action was reckless and it put us all in danger. The next time you pull a stunt like that I'll drill two holes through your d*** so that when you pee, it shoots out in all different directions, you got it?

or tell him you'll settle the case for $3k give or take a little :evil3:
Old 31-07-2007, 03:12 PM   #80
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
I know how you could screw him without it affecting you.
Give the cops a call and advise them that you witnessed a hoon driving like an idiot, give them the rego no of your car and the exact time and place it happened.
The cops will come and see you about it and you tell them it was with your mechanic at that exact time, then ask if they'd like to go down there with you to sort it out.

It would be priceless to see his face.
I agree i think thats the best revenge, the skids will match the tyres etc. That is always one thing that worries me (my car is going for a service tommorrow :evil3: ) but my service place is almost across the road from work so if i here a V8 going by at a pace or noise ill poke my head out the door. Seriously i wouldnt be going back there and id be telling everyone what happened to your car that goes there so they dont go back. What a dick head
Old 31-07-2007, 03:13 PM   #81
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfords-dot-org
I spoke to the Dept of Fair Trading, she advised me to seek some legal advice which i just may do..

I plan on recording my conversation with him on my phone..
Keep us informed mate and make this idiot pay
Old 31-07-2007, 03:38 PM   #82
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mechanics do need to test cars quite hard sometimes but sideways is another story as is the bus stop woman. I'd be more p$%# about the taxi use than a little sideways action.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 31-07-2007, 03:48 PM   #83
MeLLy

Tell him once the job is done, that maybe why hes been good to you on prices he feels the guilt
lol

B**** with Boost
Old 31-07-2007, 03:51 PM   #84
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my car is in a service right now and now im cringing!! although i have been going to this mechanic since i got a car and my folks have been going to him for 2 decades im still worried now :(
Old 31-07-2007, 03:52 PM   #85
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
Mechanics do need to test cars quite hard sometimes but sideways is another story as is the bus stop woman. I'd be more p$%# about the taxi use than a little sideways action.
Fair enough, but it was in there for new shocks and ball joints, no need for a trip to redline..
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Old 31-07-2007, 03:53 PM   #86
Tech Trainer
Are you sure about that?

Another way you could have approached this was to call the police the moment you saw this taking place and report your car stolen.

Give them the last place you left it and that you have just seen the car doing things you "know" your mechanic would not do in it.

Then let him explain to you and the police why he was doing what he was doing in your car.
Old 31-07-2007, 04:09 PM   #87
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That mechanic would never see another dollar from me. I would also be demanding new rear tyres...
Old 31-07-2007, 04:13 PM   #88
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Yeah a little late now but calling the cops would've been good.
Alternatively, ring your mechanic to confirm the car has been stolen as you are about to call the police and insurance and report it.
He will have no idea what you're on about and assure you the car is safe in his possession, at which point you explain what you saw in great detail, adding how you immediately assumed it had been stolen. After all, he wouldn't drive it like that, would he?
Just remember, say nothing and it will to continue to happen to your car as well as other customers. Say anything and you can never take your car back to him, it may or may not happen to your car at your new mechanics but probably will continue to happen to your old mechanics customers.

BA GT-P Blueprint
Old 31-07-2007, 05:24 PM   #89
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
Geez, I hope you're not a mechanic...
And if he crashed, would you accept " I was just a little sideways" as an excuse?

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 31-07-2007, 05:40 PM   #90
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkoXR8
Geez, I hope you're not a mechanic...
And if he crashed, would you accept " I was just a little sideways" as an excuse?
Nope, not a mechanic, but worked on many cars over the years, and have only ever thrashed my own.

The way we work, if you crash it, you own it.
Closed Thread