Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-08-2006, 05:52 PM   #61
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Hate the Bonnet.....
Looks Crap in pics.

Hope it looks better in person

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT

POWERED BY VISA MASTERCARD AND MORE VISA
(And now a mortgage extension)

Disclaimer :

: Anything that seems or sounds illegal is all in my head and due to an over active imagination... :
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 05:54 PM   #62
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_xr8_ute
Hope it looks better in person

It does!!!
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 06:48 PM   #63
Steve
torque is your friend

You know, having looked at the press release pics for a few days now, I can't say I really like the BFII all that much. The front end looks too busy. I think part of the reason the BA was so successful was that it had nice clean lines. Perhaps the front just doesn't suit the rest of the car? It doesn't look like a very cohesive design.
Old 26-08-2006, 12:18 AM   #64
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

XR8 is 290Kw? When did this happen?

Fairmonts with 260Kw engines and 6 speed? Rwwoaaarrrr.
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 12:20 AM   #65
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
The tanks are just too big compared to the petrol ones. Ford Aus wouldn't have the development dollers to change the body for straight LPG as back than the straight LPG market would have been a small percentage.
Fair enough on the economics part of the problem, but does an LPG necessarily have to be that size/shape? Fair enough there will still be plenty of re-jigging of the body to fit but I dont understand. Does a LPG tank need to be that size/shape to function?
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 01:11 AM   #66
Ford_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeestaNob!
XR8 is 290Kw? When did this happen?

Fairmonts with 260Kw engines and 6 speed? Rwwoaaarrrr.
where does it say all that?
Ford_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 06:20 AM   #67
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

threads merged same topic

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 07:12 AM   #68
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Does a LPG tank need to be that size/shape to function?
Pretty much, as a presure vessel, corners are a no no.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 08:17 AM   #69
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
Like its been said a fair few times, wait til you see them in the flesh
Using holden guys words now lol

And 1 question to everyone, Why can't LPG tanks be made into the same size and shape of fuel tanks? Then they can be placed in the same spot.
Old 26-08-2006, 03:21 PM   #70
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus
I reckon that what Ford should be designing into Orion is a better location for an LPG tank than one that causes you to lose 1/3 of the boot.

They're probably too far down the design road to make this happen, but with LPG cars accounting for a higher proportion of future Falcons, it would make sense to package the tank a bit better.
They weren't even going to bother with LPG until the oil prices went through the roof. They now have no choice but to.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 03:33 PM   #71
mark180227
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMACK24
Sorry if this is a repost

Date posted: 08-19-2006
STORY TOOLS
Print thisPRINT THIS Save thisSAVE THIS
Email thisEMAIL THIS Most PopularMOST POPULAR

MELBOURNE, Australia — Ford Australia has immediately responded to GM Holden's launch of its new-generation VE Commodore by announcing details of the BF Falcon Mk II, which goes on sale in October.

Although pricing and specifications will not be released until late next month, Ford plans to make its six-speed automatic transmission and dynamic stability control (DSC) available as options across the Falcon lineup. Significantly, the new Falcon should benefit from the six-speed's claimed fuel-economy improvements of 2 to 6 percent, depending on the model.

The ZF six-speed will go for a premium over the standard four-speed transmission. DSC will be included as part of an optional sport package, which will also include the six-speed auto, sport suspension and 17-inch alloy wheels.

A Falcon XT equipped with the sport package is expected to be priced at just under U.S. $29,000. As a stand-alone option, the ZF gearbox is currently U.S. $950.

The Mk II BF Falcon also has some interior upgrades and a range of exterior design changes, including a tapered hood, new bumpers and revised grilles.

The face-lift is expected to be the first of a number of Falcon marketing initiatives before the next-generation Falcon arrives in March 2008.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...cleId=116556#2

http://www.ford.com.au/range/falcon/models/
i absolutely love the GHIA....i reckon it looks absolutely horn....the body kit, rims, and just the whole look of the car is awesome...cant wait to see one in the flesh...i may steal it
mark180227 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 02:37 AM   #72
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Fair enough on the economics part of the problem, but does an LPG necessarily have to be that size/shape? Fair enough there will still be plenty of re-jigging of the body to fit but I dont understand. Does a LPG tank need to be that size/shape to function?
Well I believe that Ford would only be able to source their tanks from certain suppliers. maybe with Orion Mk 2 they might be able to get a more fitting tank.

With getting a Gas tank the same as a petrol tank it's a bit hard as petrol tanks can be made in different shapes as opposed to LPG tanks. If you look at the tank in a territory it's actually a thin T looking thing. Sedan would be easier but if Ford could have saved not loosing boot space than obviously they would have. But with the increase in straight gas sales they might try.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 08:25 AM   #73
Iphido
Guy that posts stuff

No monotube shocks. The reliability in production just wasn't there. Why doesn't ford source them from somewhere else? No idea.

LPG tanks have to be bigger and rounder than a petrol tank. Also plastic verse steel limits the shape they can make it.

Personally, Maybe for LPG look at using the the wheel well and then finding a place to put a space saver spare and a can of type fix stuff. This would be suitable for dual fuel.

A nice dual fuel injected setup, high compression BA six with 6 speed with a ~70l fuel tank and alteast 40L of useable LPG and a space saver hidden behind some boot lining. While the LPG would be small, it would not eat boot space, and its small size would be countered by the fact its dual fuel. So for 3/4 of a week you run LPG (300-500km) and then you either fill up or switch to petrol(500-900km) for the rest of the week.
Iphido is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 09:24 AM   #74
Boss 290

the ghia looks awsome..i always thought that the clalais looked cooler but now the ghia has a kind of sporty look to it... way better then the current ghia. i hope fpv make a version of it when orion is realease..to combat the senator
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 01:53 PM   #75
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Love the Ghia, looks awesome. In the flesh it will look 100 times better.
As for LPG, Ford should look at either MPGI or Direct Injection. The CFI is a hopeless system as it sacrifices too much power. This is especially true when cars that do have MPGI are able to get higher KW than their petrol counterparts due to the higher RON of LPG. If ford did this then they would be able to sell more than 50% plus of their cars as gas. Fleets would go nuts for the cheapest possible car to run. What would Holden and Toyota do then?

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 06:23 PM   #76
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Using holden guys words now lol
lol...you still have that smart ar5e genes lingering in you dont you?

By the way...Saw a VE SV6 today when i was running in the Perth City to Surf...at first glance i didnt know what to make of it...looked like a Civic on 'roids...I got closer and "Ohhhhhh!... its one of those!" ... I dun like it :(
..it's just my opinion..

Last edited by Bucket; 27-08-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 07:42 PM   #77
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:

By the way...Saw a VE SV6 today when i was running in the Perth City to Surf...at first glance i didnt know what to make of it...looked like a Civic on 'roids...I got closer and "Ohhhhhh!... its one of those!" ... I dun like it :(
..it's just my opinion..
I guess i just have more of a sense of humour thats all.
Old 27-08-2006, 07:54 PM   #78
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
I guess i just have more of a sense of humour thats all.
Humour and Sugar Coating a Dig are two different things...
Old 28-08-2006, 08:25 AM   #79
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Humour and Sugar Coating a Dig are two different things...
Well them from now on I'll take your words as a dig;). Cause i don't eat sugar.
Old 28-08-2006, 09:21 AM   #80
Fordoldie

Quote:

..it's just my opinion..
I havent seen one in the flesh but they are not far away here. From photos and overwhelming opinion of those that have seen them it would appear VE is in a different league (looks wise) to BFII. I personally think BFII is too old hat now in looks department where VE does have "wow" factor regardless of how plain some people say they are. BFII has gone nowhere from BF IMO and BF (to me) has always been a great looking car
Fordoldie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 02:17 PM   #81
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Well them from now on I'll take your words as a dig;). Cause i don't eat sugar.
A) That just didnt make sense
B) I consider myself quite neutral in respects to opinions on Cars in general, And in my opinion...i repeat, my opinion, I dont like the look of some of the VE Models...
C) I waited til i saw the VE in the flesh to make my opinion on it.. a lot of development and hard work went into it...I loathe the Holden Marketers more then anything for jumping on the corny "Aussie" bandwagon with everything they do. I give credit to the Holden designers because they have done the best they can do, just a shame they didnt have beefier V6's to put in.
D) Finally, i have stuck up for you in the past when people take the **** out of your Car etc... not that you need my defence but anyway, in respects to that, you should stop being aggressive in the comments you make. I'm not here to argue and or make petty little comments, I'm here for constructive converstaion. I dont want to see annother snide remark in response to this either Slick. Think twice before you click the submit button...
Old 28-08-2006, 02:28 PM   #82
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordoldie
I havent seen one in the flesh but they are not far away here. From photos and overwhelming opinion of those that have seen them it would appear VE is in a different league (looks wise) to BFII. I personally think BFII is too old hat now in looks department where VE does have "wow" factor regardless of how plain some people say they are. BFII has gone nowhere from BF IMO and BF (to me) has always been a great looking car
Your right, The BA look is getting on- i think changing to projector globes and leaving the shape of the headlights alone..give it a horizontal grill style like the Ford Fusion.
I think Ford know the Falcon design (in the XT/Futura line up) is on it last legs however, I'd rather more money invested into a Knock Out 2008 Falcon.
I dont think the VE is plain, the SS has the "wow" factor in my opinion, the Omega looks cheap (on the outside at least) dare i say it but my mind thought of the Viva wagon front end when i looked at it front on.
Old 28-08-2006, 03:12 PM   #83
XR8putts

Is anyone else sick of SlickHolden?

If it wern't for people like him and their stupid posts, the forums would have more people posting relevant information instead of the same crap over and over. Myself and alot of other people avoid forums or hold back posting comments because of the moronic resposes by the one-eyed Holden bogans that have nothing better to do than preach the word of the bible according to Holden.

VE talk is fine, I myself congratulate Holden but honestly believe BF2 will compete just fine untill Orion.

How is he not banned yet?
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 03:39 PM   #84
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by puts99

If it wern't for people like him and their stupid posts, the forums would have more people posting relevant information instead of the same crap over and over. Myself and alot of other people avoid forums or hold back posting comments because of the moronic resposes by the one-eyed Holden bogans that have nothing better to do than preach the word of the bible according to Holden.

VE talk is fine, I myself congratulate Holden but honestly believe BF2 will compete just fine untill Orion.

He can be a pain in the rear but I wouln't call him bannable.

Curious thing is, as of today, he's got 547 post here, but only 209 posts at LS1.....
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 04:33 PM   #85
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by puts99

Slick isnt a complete one eyed holden fanboy, some of his input is quite constructive, It's his attitude that gets me. He spits out unjustified provocative comments quite often

Last edited by Bucket; 28-08-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 05:40 PM   #86
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:

Curious thing is, as of today, he's got 547 post here, but only 209 posts at LS1.....
He's only been here 4 months too Hot damn thats a lot of posts lol
Old 28-08-2006, 06:05 PM   #87
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
A) That just didnt make sense
B) I consider myself quite neutral in respects to opinions on Cars in general, And in my opinion...i repeat, my opinion, I dont like the look of some of the VE Models...
C) I waited til i saw the VE in the flesh to make my opinion on it.. a lot of development and hard work went into it...I loathe the Holden Marketers more then anything for jumping on the corny "Aussie" bandwagon with everything they do. I give credit to the Holden designers because they have done the best they can do, just a shame they didnt have beefier V6's to put in.
D) Finally, i have stuck up for you in the past when people take the **** out of your Car etc... not that you need my defence but anyway, in respects to that, you should stop being aggressive in the comments you make. I'm not here to argue and or make petty little comments, I'm here for constructive converstaion. I dont want to see annother snide remark in response to this either Slick. Think twice before you click the submit button...
I have never told you to like the VE ever never once. And i made a simple plan and simple joke with you and you turned nasty on me so i wont be sharing a joke again.
It really gets me how you can pick someones attitude over the INTERNET when it's just text little words on the screen. And i have made no snide remarks it's just a different opinion and a joke here and there and i make jokes pretty clear it's how they get interrupted is the problem, Because you know no matter what i say it's 90% on the **** side before it's understood and by then it's to late.
I was very appreciative of your back up i didn't forget but sorry i didn't thank you. But you know it's always going to come up when it's the easy way out a discussion i get accused of bringing up my car all the time when even you would know it's brought up by others.
Log onto Ultimatecarpage.com and see who i am, I don't change who i am until I'm set upon.
Quote:

As i have said on here before i don't spend much time there at all i really don't like the place. I think i have been a member there since 2004. I know a guy from UCP.com he is a ford guy he once had he head chewed off over there trust me i wasn't impressed he said jack to deserves that.
Quote:
Slick isnt a complete one eyed holden fanboy, some of his input is quite constructive, It's his attitude that gets me. He spits out unjustified provocative comments quite often
I'm not even a fanboy. I'm a fanboy to my footy team and that always comes first.
You need to look more around into my post and you will see i have made some great comments and made some conversation with many, Some at times don't like what i say because it's not to there liking you get that on single make car forums, But you would hardly want me to be a pussy and just agree on everything and not have my own opinion where would we go from there?. It's the difference of opinions that makes a great conversation everyone contributes with there input and it goes on and on, But like i said I'm always that close to being hit on the head with a bottle because i drive red. Thats fine i know where i am but a real objection to something i say in conversation is better then your a big tool but your car is a bigger tool then you.
I don't come into this forum with a fake name and make argument and say just total crap to make a fight get banned make another name and come back and start again. I don't hide from anyone my name is the same in every forum i have signed to.
Old 28-08-2006, 06:16 PM   #88
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
He's only been here 4 months too Hot damn thats a lot of posts lol

Bugger all posts really ... hee hee
4:
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 06:41 PM   #89
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
-snip-
Well, like i said, you do contribute positively to the discussions...When you have a point to make, you do it well.. Im not talking about that. I'm just saying that some of your jokes have been interpreted or misinterpreted as Pigeon Holeing us as one eyed Ford Fanboys and a lot of us strive to not be like that.
I often think twice at the wording of what i say because it IS the internet and its very difficult sometimes to see what is being inferred through the post. You can still be yourself but read what you say through somebody elses eyes first and edit it accordingly. You can still be yourself, just protect yourself from people flaming you for what you say, when what your typing can be misinterpreted ...
Take for example what you said to me before about the comment I made re: "wait til you see it in the flesh" what I interpreted it as was that I was anti VE and that I now had to eat my words because of the BF2. If you didnt mean that, then I'm sorry I unleashed on you but clarify yourself next time instead of the one liners which can be easily misread.
Old 28-08-2006, 09:35 PM   #90
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Well, like i said, you do contribute positively to the discussions...When you have a point to make, you do it well.. Im not talking about that. I'm just saying that some of your jokes have been interpreted or misinterpreted as Pigeon Holeing us as one eyed Ford Fanboys and a lot of us strive to not be like that.
I often think twice at the wording of what i say because it IS the internet and its very difficult sometimes to see what is being inferred through the post. You can still be yourself but read what you say through somebody elses eyes first and edit it accordingly. You can still be yourself, just protect yourself from people flaming you for what you say, when what your typing can be misinterpreted ...
Take for example what you said to me before about the comment I made re: "wait til you see it in the flesh" what I interpreted it as was that I was anti VE and that I now had to eat my words because of the BF2. If you didnt mean that, then I'm sorry I unleashed on you but clarify yourself next time instead of the one liners which can be easily misread.
I thank you. I see what you mean 100% and I'm not trying to be one sided also i just like to ad the holden input thats all a one sided discussion is bad always 2 sides is so much better, As many have said if we don't see the opposition and discus them then we don't make better.
My remark on wait to you see it in the flesh being a holden guy was it's been the thing i have seen around, Many have said that with the VE, Even myself i just seen my own words there and had a giggle thinking you sound like so many of the holden guys that have said the same thing in the last week just like me.
I really try to keep away from the fanboy thing as i have seen it on both sides and it can be bad, When you feel in yourself your on side A but still feel you can be objective with Side B and someone on side B says your a Side A fanboy it does hit a touch.
But the problem is 1 says something that i reply to in the way i was replied to then someone or others see it and jump in and it makes a bad seen and i come out 100% of the time looking bad, Now i guess i should learn to laugh with it instead of going on with it. I always ad my smiles to my jokes but no smile no joke.
You know what's worse then the INTERNET SMS some words can be seen so blunt and rude when it's only text.