Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #61
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Good deeds and kind gestures

I'm on holiday at moment, rolled into town Monday afternoon with all the family, got unpacked and settled in and about 6:30 in the evening thought I would take a bike ride up to the beach to check out the waves.

Get to the beach and it's rough as guts and empty except for three kids out way to far (could hardly see them at first). They are screaming and hollering and waving, I'm sitting there thinking, are they goofing about or are they in trouble. I decide I'll hang about and see how they get on but they aren't using the international drowning signal so maybe they are ok. Then this old bloke appears from down in the dunes and goes down to the waters edge (looks like he is the Grandad), I go and ask if they are ok, he thinks they are.

I say I'll wait around for abit back up on the grass just in case, anyway a few minutes pass and they are drifting down the beach and further out, the screaming and waving becomes more frantic and then grandad turns to me and waves.

I sprint down the beach to the old guy, there is one kid on a bodyboard in a bit closer so I tell grandad to go for him, and I'll go for the two that are now way out hanging onto one bodyboard between them and getting pounded by the surf.

I go charging into the surf like some sort of Hasselhoff/Baywatch wannabe and after about 50 meters of running, jumping and diving under the whitewater I'm absolutely shagged, but the adrenalin keeps me going.
As I get closer I can see the kids better, couple of young teens that look very worried, basically the guy is keeping the girl afloat with the board but that is it, they can't get back in and they can't hang on much longer by the looks of it, every wave smashes them. About half way out I noticed the youngin that grandad went after has made it back.

After what seems like a ironman length swim, I reach them and grab the girl as she is in the most trouble. I check with the young guy if he can get himself in on the board, he can so I send him on his way then start the long slow slog back to the shore with the girl.

They are all very appreciative as are the few bystanders that have gathered.

So that was my good deed for the week, in town 3 hours and 2 kids saved from the surf.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #62
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Well done mate. Good job.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:00 PM   #63
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awesome stuff mate!