Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #61
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Default Re: Check this out for dreadful parking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman
well regarding the op photo its a typical case of people in retail not wanting there car scratched in the car park ever day when they go to work. Thyre probably there 8-5 working and are over people putting dings in there car.
The cars in my photo were gone within 15 minutes, I think they were customers shopping like I was, they were not employees. I think employees would park out the back rather than in the customer car park. Occupying two parks is not in my opinion a good way to prevent scratches and dings, but I do however feel for employees who have had their car dented when they are at work trying to earn a living.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #62
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD351
I've noticed a strange phenomenon in shopping center car parks.
If I duck over there late at night or early morning to grab something from the supermarket there can be as few as 20 to 30 cars there and they're all parked as close to the entrance as possible.
Why is it then, that when I park in a veritable no mans land some 50 metres away from the nearest car in order to avoid door dings, I come out of the shop less than 5 minutes later to discover two peanuts have parked right on the edge of the lines either side of me even though there's still dozens of spaces closer to the entrance?
That's funny, it's weird it happens to me to, my car is all by itself in the dark and I come back and there are cars parked either side
Old 05-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #63
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Need to get a few of these made up for some of these parking efforts

Old 05-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #64
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale

Great idea.....make sure you put your name and address on the back so they know you are not just a pathetic little keyboard warrior.......
Old 05-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #65
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:

Yes it's a good funny note but would probably create more problems than it would solve!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #66
madwag
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where can i get thos? I wudnt mind messing with a few of my mates

The Daily's Build.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11349360

Weekender: '69 VW Notchback
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...24#post4531824
Old 05-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #67
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Imagine if the owner of that car returned as you were putting that note on the windshield? (windscreen for Aussies) Not going to be a pretty sight.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #68
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

i just park em in , stay between your lines and and they have no hope of getting in their car , sit back and wait for them to try ...makes for a good laugh
Old 05-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #69
Torment47
Mr Hoon

quote=muso]But if you leave a 2 metre gap the a/holes will ram a trolley through the space, but yeah I hear you, I know what you mean.
I taught my kids at a very young age to be careful of the car next to us when opening the doors, they are 10 and 12 now and are still careful.[/quote]

Yeah that has crossed my mind at times, but the majoraty of people load into the boot or leave the trolley at the back and carry bags/goods to the back seat etc etc.. but yeah when i park i open my door (not that i am) but wide enough that if i was 100-125 kilos it's enough room to get out without hitting the car next to me, as i said i havn't had any problems yet! and agree with Parking way up the back of the carpark to reduce the risk of some1 knocking into your car... ;)
Old 05-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #70
Torment47
Mr Hoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyN
Imagine if the owner of that car returned as you were putting that note on the windshield? (windscreen for Aussies) Not going to be a pretty sight.
If it was some big islander i'd just walk away and go back to my car after he goes!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #71
XP6
Formerly ST170ish

Its not allways the drivers like Flappist said its often the design of the car parks they are spaced smaller now compared to 20yrs ago.
Our main center here had good design large 45° parking area, when they did their 2c upgrade facelift they worked out by going 90° they gain 1 space per row... dont worry they didnt bother widening the rows which were designed for 45° in the 1st place... the most stupid part is 2yrs later apparently this car park can somehow accommodate a whole petrol station(right next to the ammbo and fire station's, bright idea that).
I cant swing a FG in without correcting or even my old focus... no hope in my tray top ute, if reversing out if my front bumper is level with the car in my row my tow bar is less than 1m from your boot in the next row, remember I have too allow for the swing of the square edges on the tray(very good can opener).
Old 05-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #72
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i am one of those **** that take up two parks.. my car rocks..
Old 06-06-2012, 07:02 AM   #73
Withnail

On the issue of "Parents with Prams" spots, I don't think there is any legal basis for them, it's just a thing that some shopping centres offer their customers.

They tend to be wider. And yes they do help, as it means you can safely stop the pram next to your car and still within your space, so it is out of the path of other cars who might be parking nearby. There is a lot of crap to deal with when you have little kids and you simply dont have enough hands for everything at once. Also, you need to open the car door all the way to get the baby in, which you sometimes can't do in a normal spot with other cars next to you.

But yeah, don't think you can go all vigilante on people who use them and don't have a pram/baby to deal with. It's not in the same league as disabled spots.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #74
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD351
I've noticed a strange phenomenon in shopping center car parks.
If I duck over there late at night or early morning to grab something from the supermarket there can be as few as 20 to 30 cars there and they're all parked as close to the entrance as possible.
Why is it then, that when I park in a veritable no mans land some 50 metres away from the nearest car in order to avoid door dings, I come out of the shop less than 5 minutes later to discover two peanuts have parked right on the edge of the lines either side of me even though there's still dozens of spaces closer to the entrance?
Cars huddle together for safety and warmth in the dark.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #75
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withnail
On the issue of "Parents with Prams" spots, I don't think there is any legal basis for them, it's just a thing that some shopping centres offer their customers.

They tend to be wider. And yes they do help, as it means you can safely stop the pram next to your car and still within your space, so it is out of the path of other cars who might be parking nearby. There is a lot of crap to deal with when you have little kids and you simply dont have enough hands for everything at once. Also, you need to open the car door all the way to get the baby in, which you sometimes can't do in a normal spot with other cars next to you.

But yeah, don't think you can go all vigilante on people who use them and don't have a pram/baby to deal with. It's not in the same league as disabled spots.
Agreed, I think it is a courtesy offered by the Store for people with Prams, it is indeed a shame when many drivers think that Keep Left Unless Overtaking is also a courtesy thing but that's getting off topic
Yes Pram and Disabled parks are in a completely different league!
Old 06-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #76
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
Originally Posted by XP6
Its not allways the drivers like Flappist said its often the design of the car parks they are spaced smaller now compared to 20yrs ago.
Our main center here had good design large 45° parking area, when they did their 2c upgrade facelift they worked out by going 90° they gain 1 space per row... dont worry they didnt bother widening the rows which were designed for 45° in the 1st place... the most stupid part is 2yrs later apparently this car park can somehow accommodate a whole petrol station(right next to the ammbo and fire station's, bright idea that).
I cant swing a FG in without correcting or even my old focus... no hope in my tray top ute, if reversing out if my front bumper is level with the car in my row my tow bar is less than 1m from your boot in the next row, remember I have too allow for the swing of the square edges on the tray(very good can opener).
Yes some centres have really narrow and short carparks.

Hallett Cove shopping centre is a shocking design, the foot paths jut right out causing you to have to swing out in front of oncoming traffic just to turn left. Try turning left after driving past the service station and drive through bottle shop!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #77
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

There some you can get that have a website on them. The website has instructions and pictures showing how to park a car properly lol
Old 06-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #78
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And if while you are out on your crucade the car owner turns up and beats you to a pulp for not minding your own business are you going to have a big sook to the police, your mates or on facebook?

Or are you going to carry your keyboard with you at all times for self defense......
Old 06-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #79
Olbucko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
Bombala has reverse in - rear to kerb parking. for the last 30 years, no lines, no need. last year the council decided it did need lines. not only did it reduce the number of parking spots, but some people seem to be either blind or afraid of the lines. you get some cars park across three spots because they can't get their car at the correct angle. This despite the fact that parking is a requirement of getting your license. i even did a reverse park on my P test (about 20 years ago).

The worst parking behavior is someone will park too close. i've had cars so close i had to walk sideways to get to my door

Most towns in the area were I live also have 45 degree, rear to kerb parking, the trouble is that most people don't have a clue what 45 degrees means. Most people seem to park closer to 90 degees to the kerb takeing two spots if they park between two cars that are parked correctly. They just don't understand that it is easier and quicker to go into a gap at an angle than at 90 degrees, especialy in a large vehicle.

Some years ago the local council painted 45 degree lines on the road but everybody ignored them, so they were removed.

Years ago when staying in Sydney I would sometimes come back to my motel late to find that some thoughtless moron had straddled the lines on the last parking spot, making it almost unusable. I would then squeeze my battered XE van into the space so that they had to climb over the seats from the passengers side door to get in to their car. Maybe it made them think about being more considerate next time.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #80
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by block58
Took these two in the space of about 30mins, I don't know how people can get out of their cars, see their park and think that's ok.

Only problem is, you don't know who was parked in the wrong first. There may have been a car parked on the line where the blue Corolla was so the next car, and the next adjusted accordingly.

First car in the wrong goes, blue Corolla parks correctly and it looks like the other 2 don't know how to park.... I often see this in places were the lined parallel parking is all out of sync... only takes 1 or 2 to be out for the rest to be out.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 06-06-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #81
Pis-ton broke
Banned

hot dang!,I,m excitied! this dump thread has made 3 pages, don,t people have more important things to whinge about?
Old 06-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #82
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I find it sad that there's so much support for parking like a numptie...deliberately taking up two spaces to "protect your baby", deliberately parking so as to leave no space for other people, meaning they have to park closer together, meaning they are more likely to get their cars damaged (but as long as your isn't, that's fine).

Have a bit of common fricking courtesy and learn how to park inside the damn lines and leave space for other people...
Old 06-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #83
Falconxf88

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
I find it sad that there's so much support for parking like a numptie...deliberately taking up two spaces to "protect your baby", deliberately parking so as to leave no space for other people, meaning they have to park closer together, meaning they are more likely to get their cars damaged (but as long as your isn't, that's fine).

Have a bit of common fricking courtesy and learn how to park inside the damn lines and leave space for other people...

Well I wouldn't do it in a packed car park... I would avoid a packed car park.

Anywhere else with a near empty car park, Ill park across 2. If other have problems finding somewhere to park... Well they probably shouldn't be driving.

I also have a question,

If I went to a car park that I have to pay for a ticket and I decided to pay for 2 tickets. Can I get booked for taking up 2 parks?

Courtesy for other people! If this was more common I wouldn't have to park across 2 in any parking lot.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #84
Kevaclone

Parents with prams??

Interesting and informative Forum
So just parking in one CAN get you fined

One Council has it as a bylaw

Another one enforced by Council though not a council regulation
99 5.8M Profish plate alloy carport decoration
Old 06-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #85
Torment47
Mr Hoon

Quote:

So basically by parking over the white line you are directing attention at yourself and asking for trouble?

And/or should ignore all Ignorance when it comes to people parking like that....?
Old 06-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #86
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

dont panic princess.. the parks i take up are usually well out of your way..
there is a reason why my car is nearly ten years old and isnt a dinged up POS....
Old 06-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #87
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke
hot dang!,I,m excitied! this dump thread has made 3 pages, don,t people have more important things to whinge about?
But you still found the time to post on it.........dang

But yes the 3 pages thing has surprised me as well.

Last edited by muso; 06-06-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #88
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here is a thought. You wander into the car park. The car on the left is just over the line on your side. It is the only park in the centre.

Do you:

1) park correctly and risk a big dent as you are too close for the other guy to get into his driver door

2) park over to the right giving him enough room but in doing so risking some self appointed superhero keying your car or starting a thread on an internet forum so you rush back every couple of minutes just in case the first car moves leaving you looking like a murderer I mean rapist I mean bad parker (you get them confused a lot as to you they are so similar)

3) refuse to park, drive home at 10km/h below the limit and write a nasty letter to the editor in "Wowsers Weekly"

4) just park the car as best you can, life is too short to waste time worrying about paper tigers.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #89
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

I'd try and park out in the street, but I think #4 is the best answer
Old 06-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #90
_Ben
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torment47
I hate when people hit others cars with there doors, especially when kids muck around and fling the door open... that's why i park next to a pole or gutter and leave a metre-2 metre gap between me and the next car!
have not had a problem since
I try that as much as possible, people still seem to find a way... :(
Closed Thread