Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-10-2009, 03:43 PM   #61
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Where there's smoke there's always fire, and unfortunately it is confirmed that channel 9 will get it. What a travesty.
No more re-runs on SBS either, and the channel 9 board are sure to mess it up as I described previously. I'm guessing the frequency of ads will be like channel 7 with border security (read advertiser security) What an utter disaster.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #62
ch33z1l
Dawn

There should be a poll made for this. Would be interesting to see who is the forum favourite
ch33z1l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #63
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Where there's smoke there's always fire, and unfortunately it is confirmed that channel 9 will get it. What a travesty.
No more re-runs on SBS either, and the channel 9 board are sure to mess it up as I described previously. I'm guessing the frequency of ads will be like channel 7 with border security (read advertiser security) What an utter disaster.
Surprising. SBS already molest TG and rip out the news so they can run their minimal amount of adds. Who knows how much Channel 9 have to cut in order to get their revenue. It would have to be a 90 minute show, surely...?

Not that I care, Channel BT for the win. :Reverend:
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #64
eb2fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

of that annoying luff and replce him with victor Bray.

Johnson
Bray
Bana
eb2fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2009, 10:34 PM   #65
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it showed promise and now its all evaporated, mentioned on the news bulletin on nine of course, screw you channel nine watch you destroy a winning formula, could have been worse they could have chosen eddie

"we will find out our celebrities' laptime right after this"
<<que commercial>>

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2009, 10:50 PM   #66
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
could have been worse they could have chosen eddie

"we will find out our celebrities' laptime right after this"
<<que commercial>>
Every guest on the show would be a Collingwood player or coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
Channel 7 should get it and use Denyer
Please no.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2009, 12:29 AM   #67
kircher

Well this is no good at all. To fit in the ads it will have to be a 90 minute show for sure
kircher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #68
HSE2

I feel bad for SBS.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2009, 09:15 PM   #69
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

It looks like it'll be nines "Footy Show" on wheels, bogans by the bag full.

There will probably be a segment called "bring back the diff" n' another where a bunch of tossers from the audience try and chuck hubcaps through an open front window of a Camera from 25 feet.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 10:55 AM   #70
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

We should all write to Top Gear UK and Clarkson and beg him not to let Ch9 loose with the format and presenter choices. If Clarkson has it written in the contract he has say on who and what then it might, ( only might), have a chance of not sinking faster than the Titanic.

The formula of 2 motorheads and a fall guy (captain slow) works and should be kept. so my short list would include;

Sam Newman - because he speaks his mind and doesn't give a toss.
Larko - but they'd never get him away from 7.
Ian Luff - knowledge, experience, presence
Steve Pazatti - towards the end of the last season he was finally starting to relax a bit.
Warren Brown - Still makes a good fall guy ( but not along with Steve , make it either one or the other)
Kev Bartlett - knowledge, experience, presence
Colin Bond - He's done it all, and well.
Jim Richards - see above
There are more but they're the ones who spring to mind.

Guys I wouldn't pick;

Warney - he's just wrong on so many levels.
Skafey - Too serious, too uptight, got tickets on himself so his ego would get in the way.
Crompton - Great presenter and knowledgable but I recon he's TOO polished for this gig.
Denyer - TOO "up" all the time, comes across as performing instead of being himself.
There are others but I don't want to start an argument an more than I may have already. lol.

Eric Bana would be brilliant but that's just fantasy and although some of the current race drivers would fit right in they wouldn't have the time to put in to it. Just my opinions of coarse.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #71
SilentDave

You all keep mentioning sam newman and warney but you forgot it will be a 9 production so Eddie will be the host............... but we will back with the answer after these ads ......
Old 25-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #72
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Red Symons, is he contracted with ch7? i think he could be a good host...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 07:12 PM   #73
fangq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Is warney a good driver, or does he spin alot?
It'll come down to the best cars with SMS capability..
Steve
fangq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #74
GavL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher

Eric Bana would be brilliant but that's just fantasy and although some of the current race drivers would fit right in they wouldn't have the time to put in to it. Just my opinions of coarse.

After seeing Love the Beast, I reckon he would make a excellent host. Certainly knows his stuff and has/had an awesome XB Coupe

BAII XR6 in SHOCKWAVE
5SP Manual | Sports Leather Seats | Premium Sound | Dual Zone Climate Control | Sunroof | Reverse Sensors | 18" XR8 Wheels | XR6T Exhaust | Lowered | XR6T Intake | GT Steering Wheel

AUIII XR8 in NAROOMA BLUE
Info to come soon!
GavL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 10:18 PM   #75
xr6turbo2005
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just saw an ad on ch 9 .Top Gear coming in 2010

2008 FPV GT - Auto, Seduce Red, Leather Interior, Herrod Performance Air Box with K&N Pod Filter.

2018 4WD Everest Trend - Blue Reflex.
xr6turbo2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 11:14 PM   #76
xbrules
/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\

I will just stick to my torrents and get the proper episodes that aren't cut to bits. BTW the new series of TopGear UK starts in the UK on november 15th

Daily: AU series 1 Fairmont Ghia
The Classic: Jan 79 ZH Fairlane, EFI'd 302 Clevo
The Project: Aug 73 Ford Landau Hardtop

During his lifetime, the average man will spend around 5 years behind the wheel of his car.... Make those years count... Drive a Ford.
xbrules is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 11:35 PM   #77
xr6turbo2005
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6turbo2005
just saw an ad on ch 9 .Top Gear coming in 2010
sorry - missed ltd's post confirming ch9 now has TG all signed up.

2008 FPV GT - Auto, Seduce Red, Leather Interior, Herrod Performance Air Box with K&N Pod Filter.

2018 4WD Everest Trend - Blue Reflex.
xr6turbo2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2009, 08:48 AM   #78
ltd
Force Fed Fords

What's interesting too is that channel 7 has begun advertising Fifth Gear.
I suppose one thing we can be thankful of is that channel 7 didn't get top gear; they'd probably have sMell and David Kock as hosts.

Quote: