I hate them, they look retarded 119 56.67%
meh, couldnt give a toss 49 23.33%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-05-2007, 10:51 AM   #61
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUB
Not a fan of them either. Look too ricey. Lancers are the worst, especially if they co-exist with the milo tin zorst and body kit all coupled to a massive, gut wrenching 1.8l engine! :
Have you ever driven the "gut wrenching 1.8l engine"???

From about 3000rpm they pull as hard if not harder as any Falcon 6 I've been in, if you don't have a bloody clue what you're talking about, don't bloody post it halfwit...

What I want to know is, what the hell gives you guys the right to tell other people what is and what isn't acceptable mods to their cars? If you don't like it, then don't look at it. It's none of your damn business what other people do their cars, if they think it looks good, it's their call...
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 11:36 AM   #62
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tumpy

From about 3000rpm they pull as hard if not harder as any Falcon 6 I've been in, if you don't have a bloody clue what you're talking about, don't bloody post it halfwit...

What I want to know is, what the hell gives you guys the right to tell other people what is and what isn't acceptable mods to their cars? If you don't like it, then don't look at it. It's none of your damn business what other people do their cars, if they think it looks good, it's their call...
Ok for starters Altezza/Rice lights are crap, secondly you haven't been in many Falcon 6's maybe your confused with a Mazda 6. There aren't many if any 1.8L Mitsu Lancer engines you could term as "pulling hard".
RIPGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 11:48 AM   #63
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPGMH
Ok for starters Altezza/Rice lights are crap, secondly you haven't been in many Falcon 6's maybe your confused with a Mazda 6. There aren't many if any 1.8L Mitsu Lancer engines you could term as "pulling hard".
It's closed-minded bogan responses like that give us aussie car lovers a bad name...
Old 27-05-2007, 11:55 AM   #64
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its a clear concise observation, "closed-minded bogan response" is another way of saying "I got nothin"
Old 27-05-2007, 12:02 PM   #65
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
"And the whole point in having these lights is what exactly.... : "

Iv'e seen a lot of cars around with them on but why?, have I completely missed the point of these things or something?.........I just dont get it.
so you never put stuff on a car so it looks different, because there is no point in it?

...but each to there own...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 01:01 PM   #66
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

I am looking at putting clear so called altezza lights on my white panel van..I've seen normal clear tail lights on a similar pano and they looked sh!thouse. I want to get the chrome set..I reckon they would suit my panelvan because it has all the side rubbers shaved, falcon and 4.1 badges removed..has prety much black window tint, mags and is lowered etc..so yeah i want some for my panelvan no matter what anyone says.

As for all the people having a big s\winge about the style of lights..yes i agree some look ugly but all of you must admit that you have seen some cars with them that don't look too bad
tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 01:03 PM   #67
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Its a clear concise observation, "closed-minded bogan response" is another way of saying "I got nothin"
Actually mate, "Altezza Tailights are crap", is quite a vague response, do you understand the meaning of the term clear and concise? As I said in my above posts, people have every right to make the cars that they own more unique?

Who are you to tell someone what they can and cannot do their personal property? Each to their own... If I have nothing, I won't post, I am more than happy to drag this out if you like, mate, but it's getting off topic so I don't want to pull this any further...

Not that I would be unhappy for this BS thread to be closed...
Old 27-05-2007, 01:41 PM   #68
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

i dont mind them, but i have an is300 (altezza) mitsu lancers look extremely cheep with the crappy copy cat versions i see around, some of the tinted versions on the vr/vs/BA/BF dont look to bad but ya... just dont quite seem to suit.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #69
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:

Hey 5tumpy I have driven a gut wrenching 1.8L and it certainly wasn't a mitsubishi lancer it was the good old halfcast Sydney built KF Ford Laser.

It could pull 100kmh in under 9 seconds and on the strip even though it lost out in the first 100metres to the low down power of modded vs commodores it had a devaststing top end that eventually caused it to flog the commos.

What I see mostly cruising around the streets are late 90's mitsubishi lancers with a devaststing 86 kilowatts stock and a gut wrenching 0-100 km/h in 10.4 seconds even the "fully sick" coupes struggle to get under 10 seconds.

Hmmm my Fairmont is completely stock and can do 0-100 in 7.9 seconds left i drive with no grip on the rear tyres mates in the back (probly offsets lack of grip) and a few cartons.

Lancers are a case of style over substance people see Evos which are pretty awesome I will give them that and go and buy a late 90's naturally aspirated lancer and think hmmmmm racecar.

Then again Falcon people probably think GT when they buy their base model EA Falcon but the difference is that even a base model Falcon is pretty quick.

Anyway back to altezzas....im considering them for my AU though I don't know if they will go with the white paint....the reason there is so many Commodores with altezza lights is because they sell them at supercheap
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 02:51 PM   #70
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Who are you to tell someone what they can and cannot do their personal property? Each to their own... If I have nothing, I won't post, I am more than happy to drag this out if you like, mate, but it's getting off topic so I don't want to pull this any further...
When did he say that they cannot do it?
This is a public forum where you state your opinion, and if someone dosent like it, too bad...
...On topic...
I think the clear Ford tail lights look good on the light coloured cars eg. White, silver etc...
And the utes mostly look the goods too...
I have the clear front indicators on my XD, only because they look so much better against the whiteish paint...
Im not going into the Commo's, Might get branded as a ''One eyed bogan''
My 0.02c

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 02:57 PM   #71
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Actually mate, "Altezza Tailights are crap", is quite a vague response, do you understand the meaning of the term clear and concise? As I said in my above posts, people have every right to make the cars that they own more unique?

5tumpy, admit it you have "altezza lights" don't you. You are correct is saying people have every right to modify their vehicle based on their individual tastes and opinions by the same token I am within my rights to comment on aformentioned modifications. Thats one of the many advantages of living here in Australia as opposed to what ever Eastern European country you obviously hail from.
Old 27-05-2007, 03:02 PM   #72
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nup still think they look crap.

They're just one thing, that never seems too grow on me.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 03:29 PM   #73
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
You are correct is saying people have every right to modify their vehicle based on their individual tastes and opinions
Correct, they do.

Quote:
by the same token I am within my rights to comment on aformentioned modifications.
Incorrect, you do not have the right to bag somebody's car just because it is not to your taste. Check site T&C to see what I mean.

Quote:
Thats one of the many advantages of living here in Australia as opposed to what ever Eastern European country you obviously hail from.
Again check site T&C and specifically the term "racism". If you don't like what you find, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Old 27-05-2007, 03:50 PM   #74
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Quote:

The guy posted that back in 2005, it shows he hasn't been online since Jan this year I doubt youll get a reply. His sig shows he has a 300kw ss which might explain why he thinks they are slow.
Old 27-05-2007, 03:54 PM   #75
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

gut wrenching 1.8 Lancer....made my day lol
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 04:11 PM   #76
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
5tumpy, admit it you have "altezza lights" don't you. You are correct is saying people have every right to modify their vehicle based on their individual tastes and opinions by the same token I am within my rights to comment on aformentioned modifications. Thats one of the many advantages of living here in Australia as opposed to what ever Eastern European country you obviously hail from.
Yeah mate, I do, and I am proud of it... I have them on both my silver AU falcon (black ones) and my fiance's 2001 Mitsubishi Lancer 1.8l coupe, which I drive on a daily basis, which I feel I am more than more than qualified to comment on how hard the little go-karts go... I mate, I am a born and bred Aussie, so again I think you're talking out your behind there.

B2TF said it, much more eloquently and politely than I did, people have every right to modify their cars how they see fit, but that doesn't give anyone the right to make fun of them for doing it. These "ricers" think the amount of time and money we spend doing up "Taxis" is ridiculous too, but the ones I have met are much more accepting of us than we are of them. Each to their own mate, but it's time to start acting like an adult, and less like a child....
Old 27-05-2007, 05:27 PM   #77
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Each to their own mate, but it's time to start acting like an adult, and less like a child....
well said sir!

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 27-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #78
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Correct, they do.

Incorrect, you do not have the right to bag somebody's car just because it is not to your taste. Check site T&C to see what I mean.

Again check site T&C and specifically the term "racism". If you don't like what you find, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Freedom of speech need not apply then. I did not "bag" anyones car I merely made an observation not an attack and it was on the subject in general not any specific example. I believe my comments were inline with the essence of the thread, simply my opinion on lights commonly refered to as "altezza". As to racist remarks, where exactly did I make reference to race??
Old 27-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #79
mrs302au
Draggin Queen

the AU2 fairmont ghia we got came with those altezza style lights....i agree with MNM96...the darker the paint, the better the car looks...ours its cark metallic blue....hey if you dont like them , dont buy them.....our work are stockists of them, and i reckon the EF/EL chrome style ones look hawt....
mrs302au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 05:48 PM   #80
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

They are rice, always have been, always will be!, tail lights cannot be performance parts!
Old 27-05-2007, 05:51 PM   #81
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVO_XR6
They are rice, always have been, always will be!, tail lights cannot be performance parts!
Old 27-05-2007, 05:51 PM   #82
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVO_XR6
who said they where performance? they are a cosmetic upgrade...

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 27-05-2007, 07:51 PM   #83
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Most look crap. There are a select few I don't mind.
I'll stick to stock thanks.

Cheers

Darran
Old 27-05-2007, 09:28 PM   #84
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like ones that came with the car stock such as the IS200, MY06+ WRX, Mazda6 and the HSV Coupes. I haven't seen on any other car that I think look good IMO. I would spend my money elsewhere I reckon.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #85
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

This is my car, i'll admit they are not the best altezzas around, with just the clear lense...i would have liked some BA style, black backed ones. I like it.

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 28-05-2007, 01:29 PM   #86
pHaT`eL
Banned

Ive got clear tail lights on my Burgandy EL Fairmont. I think they look better than the stock lenses, just fits in more with the chrome, etc. Im not a fan of the EA/EB or VN/VP ones though, just comes down to the car, and even the colour!
pHaT`eL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 06:18 PM   #87
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Add two RED reflex reflectors to that Falcons rear. (Nikk O'Lass).

The vehicle is a defectable by not having two, AND in this case as pictured - by having the lamp units built-in reflectors 'white' (white-optic/neutral return), must be red.

White-optic reflectors are reserved for front of vehicle application only.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 06:29 PM   #88
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Add two RED reflex reflectors to that Falcons rear. (Nikk O'Lass).

The vehicle is a defectable by not having two, AND in this case as pictured - by having the lamp units built-in reflectors 'white' (white-optic/neutral return), must be red.

White-optic reflectors are reserved for front of vehicle application only.
Thanks, i've sorta knowen that i just havent got around to it yet...I been thinking of getting some tape or something...

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 28-05-2007, 07:13 PM   #89
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk O'lass
Thanks, i've sorta knowen that i just havent got around to it yet...I been thinking of getting some tape or something...
Pure solid red only for reflector function, not white/red etc striped stuff.
Good luck.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 07:25 PM   #90
v8falconsrule
Blue ~oval~ Blooded!!!

ok both my wifes car and my car have clear lense or 'altezza' stlye tail lights.
obviously i think they look hot on the right car- with the right black/chrome-colour combinations. also the design of the actual lights is important too.

this is mine-
[IMG]

this is the wifes's-
[/IMG]
she used to joke that people wouldn't know if she was coming or going lol.

50th Anniv G6E Turbo in Sensation
Cobalt blue 94 ED XR8 Sprint- resto/ project
v8falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote