Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 15-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #61
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Hooning Punishment

I agree, everyone motabilises (spelling!) alcohol differently, plus also depends on if they are used to drinking, how much food in their stomach etc etc...

some sober people truely drive like they are past .05 and have no clue either.

The law needs to be black and white however in setting the rules... we as humans however are the bits that are "grey".

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 15-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #62
noflac52
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Actual stastics from the RMS website; regarding mechanical faults in relation to fatalities for the last few years is one fatality per year and that was a tyre on each occasion. Young male driver fatalities is around 30% of all fatalities. Deaths from alcohol around 26% of all fatalities which includes a number of young drivers as well. Its pretty plain to see that the most dangerous group on the roads are young blokes and the ones who drink and drive are more dangerous again! These are the ones that some posts on the thread describe as the most skilled drivers and that is probably correct but they are also the ones most likely to push it too far and come unstuck with disasterous consequences.

You can bag ACA and other shows all you like ( I hate the show myself ) but they exist and they have the power to create public opinion which in turn means the bureaucrats make more laws and thats the real world we live in today!

Bottom line if no one hooned on the streets these shows would not have anything to build these fake stories on and car enthusiasts would have a much easier time of it. If no one chucked a burnout when leaving a car show the local councils wouldn't have reasons to cancel the next years show etc etc etc.

At the moment there are plenty of car shows that have cruising, burnouts and other driving events. Do it there! a lot of people put in a lot of time to try and build the sport/hobby up just to have a few idiots tear it down by hooning on the streets. Hooning is a w.nk and proves nothing except that you are a dope because you are helping the bureaucrats to kill the freedoms we have at the moment! If you want to prove something do it on the track where the real men are. It doesn't matter wether you agree with the laws or not they are here and we have to live with it and do our best not to help those that want to see us gone achieve there goals.

Wake up fellas!!
Old 15-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #63
stalker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

very true about drink driving flappist, i hit the BNS scene a bit and get the test before i even think about walking to the car, 12 hours + some people are still blowing HIGH numbers. as the cops say, if you have a hangover and feeling sick etc, then more often then not you will blow over the limit still how many people drive to work on the monday still feeling hung over??

btw we need to remember you dont need to speed nor brake traction to be classed as a HOON. if the officer believes you to be accelerating to fast this counts, and that counts from traffic lights, or say a 25 zone back to the speed limit. it all counts as drag racing in their book these days, even if there is no one else around
XF ute 4.0ltr injected out of an ed with girl cam and 5speed, and an xd front end for good measure
Old 15-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #64
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

That's right, and you are done and penalised with virtually no avenue for redress before penalty is applied. Absolutely disgusting.
Old 15-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #65
stalker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
That's right, and you are done and penalised with virtually no avenue for redress before penalty is applied. Absolutely disgusting.

this is truei got laughed at when i tried to apeal a fine in the mount barker courts
XF ute 4.0ltr injected out of an ed with girl cam and 5speed, and an xd front end for good measure
Old 15-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #66
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

You immediately have less rights than a child molester, murderer or anyone accused of all manner of heinous crimes.... For the life of me I can't fathom how anyone thinks that is okay....
Old 15-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #67
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Haha Warwick is the last place you doing anything wrong in... I have spent alot of time in that town and the amount of police presence is crazy!

As for the dude that got booked, serves the d/h right....
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Old 16-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #68
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont
my answer would be as infinite as your question so why bother

you want to do a burnout past my house, you will have a brick thrown at your car

kapeesh
That's a real intelligent way to not answer my question, well done.

p.s Not a very smart idea throwing bricks at people cars doing burnouts past your house, might find a brick or two thrown at your house as a result.
Old 16-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #69
AU Mont
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridenJoy
That's a real intelligent way to not answer my question, well done.

p.s Not a very smart idea throwing bricks at people cars doing burnouts past your house, might find a brick or two thrown at your house as a result.
i was gooooiing to say, i bet you dont have kids, but alas you do, and it doesnt take long to figure out how much you sympathize with the 'vicitim' in the original topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridenJoy
I have a BFII XR6T.......

........ Your kids will love it, everytime i aqueeze the throttle to overtake on the freeway or get out of a situation my 2 year old goes WWWEEEEEE, lol.
regardless, when im up all night patting the baby to sleep, and to have some disptick spin the wheels past my house, yeah i wanna throw bricks, knives, bombs whatever mate, the car would want to hope it keeps moving before i can run out the front
Old 16-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #70
medz84
Starter Motor

Quote:
i was gooooiing to say, i bet you dont have kids, but alas you do, and it doesnt take long to figure out how much you sympathize with the 'vicitim' in the original topic

regardless, when im up all night patting the baby to sleep, and to have some disptick spin the wheels past my house, yeah i wanna throw bricks, knives, bombs whatever mate, the car would want to hope it keeps moving before i can run out the front

could just get the number plate and give the police a call ?? throwing a brick through the car window and killing a person sounds a bit harsh doesnt it??
Old 16-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #71
AU Mont
Banned

now the brick goes through the car window and kills someone?

or possibly the driver loses control of his "skid" and kills red cross volunteers?

the possibilities are endless!!....... "hoons" may well cause only a fraction of serious injuries compared to incompetent motorists, but why is it so hard to understand why the general public feel threatened by morons who purposely use the roads as an extension of a legit motorsports event?
Old 16-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #72
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
"hoons" may well cause only a fraction of serious injuries compared to incompetent motorists, but why is it so hard to understand why the general public feel threatened by morons who purposely use the roads as an extension of a legit motorsports event?
Ummm... because the road ISNT a race track? it ISNT a burn out pad.... its to go from point A to point B. Hardly a difficult concept. I dont feel threatened at all and im sure the avergae motorist doesnt either.

Old 16-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #73
AU Mont
Banned

jim goose, first half and 2nd half of your post make 2 different statements?
Old 16-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #74
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

got caught hooning myself years back, went to court and pretty much still won, and i pleaded guilty LOL

i have just become more aware of when and where to do it, and never been caught since
Old 16-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #75
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
jim goose, first half and 2nd half of your post make 2 different statements?
How does it make two different statements?

A road is built to get you from point A to B... its not a race track.

In the same way If i was to drive my wagon onto a race track and drive like miss daisy in the middle of a race, im 100% sure it would annoy the hell out of the other race drivers having me there in the way.

Old 16-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #76
AU Mont
Banned

because you agreed the road isnt a race track and therefore shouldnt be treated as one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Ummm... because the road ISNT a race track? it ISNT a burn out pad.... its to go from point A to point B. Hardly a difficult concept.

...and then

Quote:
I dont feel threatened at all and im sure the avergae motorist doesnt either.
Old 16-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #77
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Quote:
A to B... its not a race track
the race track has a point A and a point B, same with the public road. whether or not you make it around the track a live, that's entirely up to the driver

if you want people to STOP hooning, people should stop crying, honestly, and petition the government to support cars from taking off too fast, or braking traction(actually, make that a option that cannot be removed)

but no one will, because the people who want people to behave on that road do not want to be told what to do themselves...

at the end of the day, it goes around in circles
Old 16-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #78
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Without doubt one of the most naive posts I have ever read.

ALL crashes are caused by driver inattention?

So tyres never burst, trees do not fall on roads, animals do not run out onto roads, steering components never fail, road surfaces never fail........

All these things you mention I am pretty sure would make a TINY proportion of the causes of crashes. And even then, its still driver inattention if an animal runs out on the road, or road surfaces are not great?! Steering components fail? Year right... once in a blue moon!
Old 16-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #79
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
the race track has a point A and a point B, same with the public road. whether or not you make it around the track a live, that's entirely up to the driver
If you want to be technical and pedantic... when your on a race track your going round and round.... in a circle. the object is to finish and hopefully win.

On a road your actually GOING somewhere.... I really dont feel the need to continually explain the differences between a road and a race track... or burn out pad.

Quote:
because you agreed the road isnt a race track and therefore shouldnt be treated as one....

Quote:
Ummm... because the road ISNT a race track? it ISNT a burn out pad.... its to go from point A to point B. Hardly a difficult concept.

...and then

Quote:
I dont feel threatened at all and im sure the avergae motorist doesnt either.
And? looks perfectly clear to me... the two statements are in reply to two statements you made.

Old 16-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #80
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readie9
Hooning in cars can endanger lives, thieving not so.

End of story.

You actually think that hooning is a worse offence than theft?

WOW............................................... ..Like WOW!!!!!!!

I just can't believe that anyone would think that breaking into a persons house, damaging it in the process and then taking the property of someone who has worked hard in an honest job and saved to buy their personal belongings rates a lesser crime in your book than bit of tyre smoke and screeching!! Hooning is a victimless crime!
Old 16-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #81
karj
XY Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiginmackay
You actually think that hooning is a worse offence than theft?

WOW............................................... ..Like WOW!!!!!!!

I just can't believe that anyone would think that breaking into a persons house, damaging it in the process and then taking the property of someone who has worked hard in an honest job and saved to buy their personal belongings rates a lesser crime in your book than bit of tyre smoke and screeching!! Hooning is a victimless crime!
Really?

Tell that to a woman I know. Out walking with her 5yr old son and some guy in a VN comes round the corner in the wet and kicks out the back end and loses it. She's holding her 5 year old by the hand and throws him out of the way, he ends up with a dislocated arm. She's pinned by the commodore, has to have both her legs amputated and damn near loses her life.

Nice bit of harmless hooning there...
Old 16-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #82
Cano90
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readie9
Hooning in cars can endanger lives, thieving not so.

End of story.
Say that to the thief when he/she/they are pointing a gun or knife in your face.
Old 16-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #83
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

so all the WOWSER haters have never lost control of a vehicle when out playing? its always been controlled and expected???
good for you.. thats an exceptional effort.

accidents are unexpected.. thats probably why they are called accidents.. and the risk of an accident only increases (even if your a fully mad sick race car driver on weekends) when, yup you guesssed it.. HOONING.. thats why we have rules and limits.. they are a a safety marker for which the degree of an accident can be measured.

now Im off to race orange lights and swerve at small animals.

2006 BF XL 5.4 3v 220 Barra V8 1 tonne ute. Auto

2003 TJ Wrangler ready to Rock N Roll.. Auto
Old 16-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #84
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by karj
Really?

Tell that to a woman I know. Out walking with her 5yr old son and some guy in a VN comes round the corner in the wet and kicks out the back end and loses it. She's holding her 5 year old by the hand and throws him out of the way, he ends up with a dislocated arm. She's pinned by the commodore, has to have both her legs amputated and damn near loses her life.

Nice bit of harmless hooning there...
I have seen many people loose control of a vehicle in the wet without even meaning to while not hooning, due to diesel on the road, poor road surface conditions, deteriorating tyres or approaching an unknown stretch of road too fast and not realising until it was too late. Thats not hooning but the result is the same if your friend and her 5YO are standing by the roadside.

Either way, one instance which is obviously an unfortunate freak incident does not make it a crime against humanity. The fact remains that the majority of people killed and injured on our roads are not killed due to hooning, yet the book is thrown particulalry hard at those caught doing so. Yet this is how it is being portayed by the wowsers of the world.

How many peoples lives have been effected by real crimes like theft, armed robbery, rape, murder, pedophilia. These are always crimes with many victims, each and every time they are commited, so please dont try to throw doing a burn out, using oversteer through a corner or chirping a wheel in the same category. These real crimes are not just a one off wrong place at the wrong time incident, like the unfortunate woman you say you know.

Or drivers who drive drunk/high, fall asleep at the wheel, run a red light. These take out far more people than someone doing burnouts, yet there isn't the same outcry to have these drivers persecuted in the same way, is there?

All of these deserve much harsher treatment and penalties than a hooning incident in which no one is hurt.

Last edited by XR6TCraig; 16-06-2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: speeeling and punctyouasian
Old 17-06-2012, 12:22 AM   #85
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Quote:

Nice bit of research but not sure what your point is? You trying to say i'm the kind of person that would do burnouts etc with kids in the car, if so you couldn't be anymore wrong, not that I care anyway.

I do not sympathize with the victim as you called him because he was stupid enough to have a kid in the car. Had he been by himself doing a 180 degree burnout in an industrial estate at night, I don't really see how he could be hurting anyone and deserves his car impounded/crushed if caught.

I would much rather him than the guy who takes the red light and crashes into a car full of a young family killing some of them. Oh but that would be an 'accident' right?
Old 17-06-2012, 12:27 AM   #86
karj
XY Falcon

I know more people who have been seriously injured or killed as a result of hooning rather than being involved in an accident caused by inattention or something else.

That is why I have a particularly dim view on this issue.

I might add that losing control of a car whilst driving in the manner defined as hooning is hardly a 'freak accident.' It's a very obvious possible outcome.

Driving is risky enough...

Last edited by karj; 17-06-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 17-06-2012, 01:32 AM   #87
BHDOGS
Banned

i wouldnt bother karj its a pointless argument with some people no matter how illegal you make the obvious people will always choose to ignore it unfortunately they cant see there actions are directly contributing to the very laws they hate so much and will inevitable lead to the death of any fun in cars at all but hey they fought the corrupt system thats run like nazy germany so there happy.
Old 17-06-2012, 01:43 AM   #88
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Quote:
If you want to be technical and pedantic... when your on a race track your going round and round.... in a circle. the object is to finish and hopefully win.
when i go around the block im going around in circles too, just on a public road

maybe the government needs to implement a system for all new cars released on the market, that will have permanent traction control, and stop people from taking off quickly.

This means that no one will be able to turn it off, be it at the drag strip or at the race track.

do you support that idea?
Old 17-06-2012, 01:58 AM   #89
IDT
Marko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconxf88
So are you lads whinging about the kid in the car or the mild burnout?
Wanna tell me what he had to gain out of doing the burnout? and yes doing it with a two year old in the car makes it even more stupid. I don't know what I would be more embarressed about, the act of idiocy or standing in front of a judge and admitting to being a moron.
Old 17-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #90
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiginmackay
Hooning is a victimless crime!
it isn't a victimless crime, however when done correctly, it is (as long as the greenies don't find out about it)

i am not sure what i think of the penalty. for sure the fact that he was caught doing it, meant he was not in the correct place for his fun
having said that, he "revved" the engine, and did maybe 2 wheel spins - big freakin deal. if the front wheels were only doing 10-20 kph, then the kid was not in danger. if he was doing a power skid where the front wheels were doing 40+ kph on a public road with others around, then he was a total idiot

i do not know the area that he did it in, but just spinning the wheels does not make you dangerous - however, doing what he was doing does suggest he may drive like an idiot in other times, but 1-2 wheel spins on their own
Closed Thread