Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-01-2014, 03:43 PM   #61
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Default Re: Territory Turbo or VE SS Sportswagon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
About 25K out of my range that SS-V ^^....haha.

In any case I believe they did make SS-V wagons for the VE. I actually checked out one at lunch today based on the advice here - boot is smaller than I first though, but reckon still big enough or what I will need.

I need to drive one in a manual though, I am not a fan of the Holden auto and that has been swaying me to Terri. (or maybe just the ones i've driven)
The ve wagon rear is actually smaller then the space in a mondeo wagon.
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2014, 03:57 PM   #62
1TUFFUTE
Banned

People calling a territory a soccer mums car are opinionated douches. What about the commadores being a bogans car? It's all subjective and comes down to what you want. If you want the safe, far cheaper to mod fast, more seats and the ability to go occasionally offroad .....get a T territory. If you like the looks of the Ssv wagon and don't mind limited rear space and less seating options and no AwD......then go that
The Aussie cars will be far cheaper if you ever need parts......never forget that!
2 users like this post:
Old 23-01-2014, 04:39 PM   #63
Motorbreath310

I'd go the CommOdore if it were me. He said He wants something that's going to be a fun daily. An SSV sportwagon will drive/handle just as well as the sedan, they're a solid car, plus they sound awesome. The idea of a BF mk.II XR6t Falcon, that weighs two-tonnes, plus has AWD, and looks as exciting as a duck pond, doesn't appeal to me.

I'd rather be labelled a bogan than a soccer-mum. Or: buy a Liberty GT, which is better-equipped, and better-built than both of them. Plus it has a 'GT' badge

Hmm, come to think of it: the Subaru badge kinda resembles a skewed 'southern cross'. So Subaru's must be bogan cars, too
Motorbreath310 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-01-2014, 05:58 PM   #64
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbreath310 View Post
Then perhaps the 2.0 gt turbo? They go okay, and sound cool with an exhaust (subjective, I like boxers) I used to have a '94 Legacy (Liberty) RS sedan, 2.0 tt manual. Not the pick of the Subie 'EJ' family, but damn did it love cool weather!

Also, this may not be a factor for you, BUT! I rate the dual-sunroof thing very muchly there's decent-enough room in them, the rear compartment is fairly sizeable, and they're quite nice to drive, I reckon.

Apart from that, though. With the prerequisites you've outlined, one of the Aussie cars is probably your best bet. I just imagine a TTG is only going to require a lot of maintenance as they get older (heavy, AWD, Ford) and it wouldn't be much of a change from your current car. Which could be a good, or bad thing...
Hey mate,
Thanks for input again (as per all the other posters, surprised this thread is still going!! haha)

Sunroof major factor actually - I went to Melb from Tassie just to buy a BA-T that had leather and (especially) sunroof, just makes the car feel so much better (IMO). I enjoy driving more with one for sure, and use mine almost every day down here as Hobart gets heaps of sun, just never that warm....!!

Buying second hand means get 5K extras for about $500 more and worth every cent. So I will keep the 2.0 litre turbo as an option, just a bit, um, bland? (the RS Turbo was a fast car - neck-snapping compared to current cars with far more linear delivery!)

SS Wagon is in front for reasons outlined, but then the Terri has been unfairly hammered here by some - the Turbo engine, space and ZF is an awesome buy compared to slow, overpriced Euro comparison.....
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2014, 08:17 PM   #65
290GTP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan D Segal View Post
This is AFF. OFC you're going to get labelled for daring to criticise a Ford product or daring to propose that a <gasp> Holden option would be preferable to you. I agree with you though, for the record.
What do you expect? Support for for a Ford product over a Holden on AFF!! My god who would of thought that would happen!

Ask the same question on LS1.com & see what they say over there. The minority that say Territory would get branded as Ford trolls & be asked to GTFO.

BTW, I would take the Territory (surprise, surprise). Throw a tune & injectors at it & it would own any Sportswagon with the equivalent money spent on it no risk.

My 2 cents.

Mercury Silver 03 BA GT-P Tremec TR3650 Number 534

Herrod 4 into ones, Manta Exhaust, CAI, K&N Filter, Mellings oil pump, 19" FPV alloys, Bilsteins, Kings, tuned by Autotech, 272rwkw

RIP Fish 15/1/73 - 9/2/19
290GTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2014, 08:59 PM   #66
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
The ve wagon rear is actually smaller then the space in a mondeo wagon.
but the VE comes as a manual and the Mondeo doesn't
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-01-2014, 04:01 AM   #67
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangm001 View Post
My old man has a 06 terri turbo ghia in EGO colour. Awsome car, we have two labs and the dogs love it in the back! 7 seater has come in handy a few times

This car looks awesome, is a real dynamic, multi purpose car that's safe, fast, seats a footy team and comes with the best auto gearbox in an Aussie car, the ZF. Also cheap to repair and far cheaper to make go faster. The only thing you wouldn't choose this is if you liked the Ssv wagon looks more....and maybe the sound!
Still the HEAD says territory all the way!
Old 24-01-2014, 04:24 AM   #68
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
but the VE comes as a manual and the Mondeo doesn't
The comment isn't a vote for the mondeo...it's a comment on the fact that the large commadore wagon has a smaller rear then the mid sized wagon mondeo.
Therefore the territory will feel far bigger and more user friendly...not just look good, as the Ssv does!
Old 24-01-2014, 09:29 AM   #69
sierra63
Club Moderator

I drive an 2008 TTG, 7 seater, with a cargo barrier fitted.

My two dogs fit in the back, behind the barrier - and they are not small - Alaskan Malamute and Weirmeraner ...

With the barrier out, I have the flexibility of the 5 or 7 seats at my disposal.
With all seats down, its great at the open air cinema here in Sydney, laying full out in the back, with the radio on (for the movie sound), and looking out the open tailgate.

But, its time to change, but to what is the question.... lets see what Ford has in its goodies bag in the coming months...