Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Have you been caught?
Yes more then once. 4 1.47%
Yes I was going a fair bit over the limit. 2 0.74%
Yes once but not by much. 5 1.84%
No but I saw some cameras. 117 43.01%
No I didn't even see a camera. 144 52.94%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2007, 10:04 PM   #61
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
This is, by FAR, the most frightening comment on this thread.

Everyone died because they were speeding and speed cameras would have saved their lives.

What? You are so naive and gullible that you believe the rubbish sprouted by the carpetbaggers.

Are you THAT stupid? Really?

For the sake of the safety of the children of Australia I hope you don't vote.....
I heard Vic had some new flash bright red HSV HWP cars and intended on being out there and to be seen rather than hide. This a positive step in the right direction. It should be done more often where they are out there in your face and not hiding tring to raise revenue. Some of our hard earned goes to these people to protect us not to suport their revenue raising. I for one would preferr to see more of them cruising the highway and just being in the lime light reminding us all. And then if you are stupid enough to be caught then you fair desrve it.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:12 PM   #62
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
This is what all you poor sods living on the east coast (vic included) should do. It is only a matter of time before the rot sets in up here, but at least we can do 130-140 without getting our wallet raped.

http://www.heyokamagazine.com/HEYOKA.8.MadAsHell.htm

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Our elected representative's are letting us down big time. The only thing they ever come up with is new ways to fine people.
I could see them doing that up there and getting away with it but here, probably have the men in their white coats come to take me away away..yesyes I am mad as hell and I am not going to take this any more hehehaha.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:12 PM   #63
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Drove from Syd to Bris today and seen 2 one at Kempsy an unmarked white XR8 and 1 of those dark blue HWP Commodores at Ballina and that was it
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:16 PM   #64
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

I was lucky enough to be let off not displaying my P plates the other day.

Was driving my mums car so I ony had 1 old P plate that I put on the back of the car and when I got pulled over for the RBT the officer asked why I wasn't displaying my P Plates. Luckly he only gave me a warning and told me to buy some at the petrol station.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:25 PM   #65
BA_BOSS

Saw a couple of mobile units but I was busy trying to stay under/on the speed limits. Didn't see any RBT but wouldn't have mattered if I did.

No bookings to my knowledge though but only time will tell...
BA_BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:36 PM   #66
05_ENFORCER

I was driving all Easter weekend thru Perth (Northern Routes) and I did not come across any speed detection system (and I have the ducks nuts in the truck) although I did see one highway patrol car near Lancelin and Jurien Bay.

Police propaganda:

We will spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on political advertising so as to try and scare everyone in thinking we have any chance in the world of policing what the government want us to do because we are soooooo short staffed it's not funny!!!!!!!!

Works on some!

As long as everyone has that split second to think before doing something stupid on the roads then I reckon it's a good thing.

Hope everyone had a nice easter.
05_ENFORCER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:03 AM   #67
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT290
I heard Vic had some new flash bright red HSV HWP cars and intended on being out there and to be seen rather than hide. This a positive step in the right direction. It should be done more often where they are out there in your face and not hiding tring to raise revenue. Some of our hard earned goes to these people to protect us not to suport their revenue raising. I for one would preferr to see more of them cruising the highway and just being in the lime light reminding us all. And then if you are stupid enough to be caught then you fair desrve it.
You are missing the point.

This direct inference that speed kills therefore if someone died they must have been speeding is absolute crap.

My F6 was involved is a rather bad accident a couple of days ago. I was talking on the phone not looking outside and there was a collision between me and another vehicle.

Sounds bad doesnt it? I am a really bad driver? I shoud be shot? Burned at the stake?

This is the perfect media accident; high powered car, easter, tourist area, mobile phone......

I was parked in a car park in front of the tourist information centre 200 metres from the road, talking on the hands free kit to my solicitor about some conveyancing.
Some moron tourist was looking at signs or his speedo or what ever and ran straight into me in front of about 50 witnesses.
Lucky I didnt have a P plate or radar detector otherwise I would be dead.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:13 AM   #68
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:

This direct inference that speed kills therefore if someone died they must have been speeding is absolute crap.

My F6 was involved is a rather bad accident a couple of days ago. I was talking on the phone not looking outside and there was a collision between me and another vehicle.

Sounds bad doesnt it? I am a really bad driver? I shoud be shot? Burned at the stake?

This is the perfect media accident; high powered car, easter, tourist area, mobile phone......

I was parked in a car park in front of the tourist information centre 200 metres from the road, talking on the hands free kit to my solicitor about some conveyancing.
Some moron tourist was looking at signs or his speedo or what ever and ran straight into me in front of about 50 witnesses.
Sorry to hear about your car. Were the torists from over seas? Might get sticky if they are.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:23 AM   #69
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you see some pretty bad driving easter weekend, sunday there was a collision near our local kmart, 1 car ended up on its roof, they were just plain family cars, its a well set up intersection theres no reason for prangs, a bit later in the day i was taking the daily walk on the walking track near the freeway , bugger me nearly a prang right next to me, a little hyundai driver decided to move into the left lane while there was a car next to it, no other cars for miles, the other car had move into the emergency lane, scarey on the road these days, and speaking of cameras a mate sent me location guide for mobile cameras victoria and fixed too i think, 49 or 50 pages tread lightly from now on or they will have your money for sure.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:24 AM   #70
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bad luck flappist, hope it gets sorted ok
mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:55 AM   #71
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Isn't it funny (well not funny, but tragic really) that Victoria the state with a hidden speed camera every 50 metres and drivers glued to their speedo's records the highest number of fatalities over the long weekend, despite having less cars on the road than NSW. What this tells me is that speed does not play the major part in road accidents as government propoganda (and even people on this very forum) would have you believe. It is just a part of the problem, that also includes alcohol but mostly just **** poor inattentive road users.

For the record I did not get booked over the long weekend as I did the limit all the time, due to the fact that there were coppers everywhere. I can't describe enough how dead boring this was, and how inattentive you become doing some arbitrary limit in condtions that call for more. Oh well sooner or later the powers that be will finally realise that strict speed enforcement and super low limits are not the answer to the road toll (which incidentally is TINY compared to the number of people that die every day of obscure diseases which you and me have probably never even heard of).
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:13 AM   #72
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
Sorry to hear about your car. Were the torists from over seas? Might get sticky if they are.
Thanks guys, no they were "city folk". All under control.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:37 AM   #73
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I'll admit I was pulled over during the holidays. I got let off with a warning. I'm not going into details either.

Police were rampant up here on the Coast. Thursday night, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Each of those days I saw on average a camera, a radar and a highway patrol Typhoon.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:47 AM   #74
AU dude
Flying high...

I got this thru an email, pretty funny I think....

AU dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #75
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU dude
I got this thru an email, pretty funny I think....
:

Funny if it were true though!
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:15 PM   #76
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

I didnt get caught but bloody hell i seen alot of cameras and booze bus's around the place.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:52 PM   #77
Deviateboy
Banned

If every one took the time to know and understand the road rules and HOW they apply we wouldn't have to worry about others stupidity affecting our time on the roads.
Speed limits are that. LIMITS
The MAXIMUM permissible speed for a given stretch of road. It does not mean you must drive at said speed or "just a little bit over". Plan your trips better, leave earlier, allow enough time for stops or errors. Don't drive when you would normally sleep etc etc.
A better driver does not alter the laws of physics. A car at a given speed will take a SET distance to stop due to it's weight and inertia. This is IF the suspension and tyres are in GOOD condition.

Stupidity is natures way of removing the dumb people from the world...it is rather unfortunate that their stupidity can also remove other people at the same time.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could drive through an intersection knowing that the other driver will stop at the stop sign for 3 seconds then look to see if there is any oncoming traffic in ANY other direction. Or if the person stopped on the side of the highway to do a u-turn checked their blindspot and not just thier mirrors to see if you were coming.
A lot of people here are talking about good brakes and radar detectors and blaming other people for their "accidents". But they are all crashes that I can read so far because an accident occurs without human error.
It's all good and well to blame someone else but if you can be smart enough to read the traffic situation and avoid the problem, then there wont be a problem hey?
Deviateboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:29 PM   #78
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviateboy
Speed limits are that. LIMITS
The MAXIMUM permissible speed for a given stretch of road. It does not mean you must drive at said speed or "just a little bit over".
Your highlighting 'speed limit conditioning'.

Speed limits cause too many folk to go too fast for the prevailing conditions sometimes, such as in heavy fog or rain, in bushfire smoke, on dirt roads when dust masks the taillights, at intersections etc and so on.

Particularly where 'the limit' is perceived to be too slow. This is especially the case when the speed limit is not genuinely set at the 85th percentile.

States authorities in AUS are giving greater recognition to 85th percentile setting, but obtaining a 'true' figure for that is difficult for on a length of road, because the speed restrictions in place on it serve to obtaining a proper figure somehwat difficult.

A road subject to (//) will give a more accurate result.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:39 PM   #79
Addz08
"FEED IT"

:sm_headba Didn,t See Anything... Could Be A Bad Thing
Addz08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #80
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Yes I am sorry about that, should not have applied what I was saying in reply to yours. I understand the point and really sorry to hear about your car. I think if it was me I wonder how I would control my self in this type of situation, Would be so wild I know that.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:48 PM   #81
mark180227
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

pwned!!!!
mark180227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:51 PM   #82
Deviateboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviateboy
It's all good and well to blame someone else but if you can be smart enough to read the traffic situation and avoid the problem, then there wont be a problem hey?
which still equates to adjusting to the weather/road/traffic flow........
Deviateboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:56 PM   #83
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

I don't think we got done, but my wife was driving and we went through a speed camera doing about 70 in a 60 zone, I saw no flash, but the moment it happened I said to her I was marking it in my calendar on my phone, I sent the sms to her phone so in a months time if we do get a fine i can defend it and she cannot say it was me driving and try to blame me. LOL
Old 10-04-2007, 10:02 PM   #84
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Driving home from the show today, i saw 3 rear ended seperate accidents within the space of 3km. ffs. Why drive so close.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:36 PM   #85
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I drove on the hume (in vic) and the cameras also check your average speed between certain points so basically its impossible to speed - It was interesting as traffic builds up, because no one is game to pass anymore :( I set my cruise on 100kph so I hope its accurate

Edit to those from interstate, there is approx. 10 k's of hwy outside Melbourne that has cameras that measure your average speed and also check your speed at certain points (I dont know how they work) but if you travel at 105Kmh but slow to 100kmh at the camera you will get done for speeding :( Great fun driving everyone has there eyes firmly fixed on the speed :(

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :

Last edited by SB076; 11-04-2007 at 12:44 PM.
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:23 PM   #86
blueoval
Critical Thinker

I was at home pretty much alot of the weekend. Went out for a drive on sunday, and to bunnings. Thats about it. Didnt see much action as far as cops were concerned.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:20 AM   #87
mean & green
EL XR6

i did over 2000klm's on the wqeekend from brissy to bathurst and back saw heeps of cops and cameras ,didnt get done used my cruise set to 105

traffic was pretty well behaved only 1 idiot in an old magna passed me three times between dubbo and goondawindi going very fast.... he must of kept stopping???
mean & green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:36 AM   #88
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mean & green
i did over 2000klm's on the wqeekend from brissy to bathurst and back saw heeps of cops and cameras ,didnt get done used my cruise set to 105

traffic was pretty well behaved only 1 idiot in an old magna passed me three times between dubbo and goondawindi going very fast.... he must of kept stopping???
Or his Magna kept overheating . . . .

Quote:
SB076 wrote: I drove on the hume (in vic) and the cameras also check your average speed between certain points so basically its impossible to speed - It was interesting as traffic builds up, because no one is game to pass anymore I set my cruise on 100kph so I hope its accurate
Just a note with these, your car is photographed each time at each site, WHEN the sites are 'running'.

Now remember that 'the authority' will also be able to check 'registration status', those not found to be registered will likely receive 'please explain' letters in the mail.

The NSW "Safe T Cam" sites do much the same and perform in a very similar manner to poinmt to points, including the registration checks (Ref to NSW Privacy Commissioner). NSW Point to Point cameras on the Pacific Highway upgraded sections will very likely do the same, sometimes or all of the time.

Even IF in legal terms a state cannot 'go after and punish' *at this time* an unregistered offender, they will know when a vehicle is unregistered, and will take any legal steps, (regulation) to be able to do so over time.

ANYHOW, your noticing of the bunching-up effect of traffic on point to point (expected) routes will serve in the purpose of 'multi-vehicle' pileups well, typically kicked off owing poor weather, fatigue and boredom leading to driver error etc.

My advice is stay away from such routes, take and spend your tourist money on other road alternatives, and enjot the trip just that bit more.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 12-04-2007 at 07:45 AM.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:50 AM   #89
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Yes , I got caught . I voted "a fair bit over the limit ".

My 28 year old ex gf caught me with her 24 year old sister ! I'm guessing by all the screaming and stuff flying around breaking that my ex classes this as a fair bit over the limit ! Oh well , these are the days of our lives !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:15 PM   #90
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

me and my cousin were pulled up by our local copper for riding our quad bikes on the road. She was good about it and gave us a warning and told us to walk our bikes to the fire trails and not ride them there. She told us that the fine is $1000 but she let us off. That was friday afternoon. Other than that no probs!
tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote