Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 21-05-2007, 09:18 PM   #61
67XRT

Default Guilty mind

Sounds like you have a guilty mind.... If you have done nothing wrong why would we ever cross paths?????

Last edited by plext; 22-05-2007 at 02:36 PM.
Old 21-05-2007, 09:26 PM   #62
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67XRT
Sounds like you have a guilty mind.... If you have done nothing wrong why would we ever cross paths?????

Maybe its got something to do with a quota????

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 21-05-2007, 09:45 PM   #63
67XRT

Default Quota

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Maybe its got something to do with a quota????
No quota where I work and god help me if I ever suggested to my subordinates that they meet one...

I only ever police the regulations and directives that are applicable at the time, going out to write thirty tickets in X amount of time is just counter productive and I have the benefit of other forms of action to take against offenders.

A ticket is effective however a balling out by their Boss for idiotic or stupid behaviour can often be more effective.
Old 21-05-2007, 10:47 PM   #64
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking "Nice car for a dole bludger"

"Your vehicle appears disproportionately well maintained for someone of your fiduciary capacity."

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67XRT
On the other hand....."What the #$%^ have I done, I've done nothing wrong, you blokes are just !@#holes, booking any one in sight"

"Ok sir thats fine however I thought you may want to know your wallet is sitting on the roof of your car and probaby will not stay there long in the manner you are driving, would you mind popping out your licence for me "

I love that bit, would just about make my day!
It is amazing, however, the same people who would give an officer a 'hard time' about being pulled over would be the same people who jump up and down and carry on like a two bob watch if something bad were say to happen to them in the event of say a motor vehicle accident, or breakin or some other assorted crime where they/friend/family were affected.

This thread has been a great read so far

Felcen!
Old 22-05-2007, 07:11 AM   #65
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
*Post deleted*
I'd pay money to see that! Somehow I think the only bubbles you would see are those coming off the soap in the showers, don't drop it!

To the OP, I think we've all been in a situation where we haven't jumped on the anchors the moment we've passed into a slower speed zone. Sounds like the cop that pulled you over was a reasonable one. You can't blame him by trying to give you enough rope to hang yourself with, his role is to enforce the laws.

Last edited by plext; 22-05-2007 at 02:37 PM.
Old 22-05-2007, 07:57 AM   #66
FPV GT
I Like To Shake It

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
*post deleted*
FOOL.....

2016 S550 TY GT Coupe....some loud bits and some glass bits

I like My GT SHAKEN, and Blown
Happiness is a TY S550, a 1911 semi automatic, and the Lovey Lizzie by my side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lizzie
whilst looking at man riding a pee wee 50
"That sure does nothing for his masculinity"

Last edited by plext; 22-05-2007 at 02:37 PM.
Old 22-05-2007, 08:19 AM   #67
jason_85

I have never actually been done by the police but have had my fair share of being pulled over. Just be honest i reckon, if you have broken the law 9 times outta 10 they're gonna get you! I have been warned a few times both for coasting down to the speed limit after a speed sign.... i still believe that it was because i wasn't a smart *** and respected them.
If you get done you get done..... obviously the rules were put there for a reason and i know i can drive from A- B without having to break the law.

The biggest pain is being pulled over randomly for looking suss...... I am sure there are better things they could be doing that pulling people over for random checks.

Been picked up on numerous occasions in my old 120y just cause i probably looked suss and they only ever checked my tyres and rego. I never got done for anything cause i probably had the only datsun that wasnt defective
Worst one was being picked up randomly after riding to the ATM on my mates 50cc scooter. Got me and the bike searched for drugs and alcohol....... wtf???
Old 22-05-2007, 11:16 AM   #68
VSSII

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
*post deleted*

Thanks for reminding me why I rarely visit this site anymore. The yob mentality here needs reigning in.

Last edited by plext; 22-05-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Old 22-05-2007, 11:18 AM   #69
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

There are some that hide behind key boards, computer screens, forums and pretend they are big and bad and will take on the world. In my experience these people are usually lambs to deal with when on the street........
Old 22-05-2007, 11:29 AM   #70
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
There are some that hide behind key boards, computer screens, forums and pretend they are big and bad and will take on the world. In my experience these people are usually lambs to deal with when on the street........
LOL yep! My brother thinks he is all tough. Crys like a little baby whenever he gets in the poo with the cops and that has happened a lot.

Was funny as when he dropped a burnout outside my work and my last customer was an unmarked and stopped around the corner to make a phone call. Nearly ran into the cop car. Now I think I would have died from laughter if that happened as I was laughing hard enough as it was

Alot of people have got to learn that a civil manner will get you a long way in the world and that's not limited to traffic stops. Best example is customer service!

Even if you get a cop who is going to treat you like crap regardless, they are going to be even worse if you give them crap.
Old 22-05-2007, 11:37 AM   #71
gozza

I did somthing stupid the other night and had no problem explaining to the police officer as to why he was oblidged to pull me over.
I also told him i had been drinking during the night but was well clear of the Drink Driving Rule of thumb and he didn't bother to breath test me..
He was to the point and easy to deal with. If you have done the wrong thing don't be a bit** and pretend you didn't ..
but i still believe like any proffession you can have di**heads with out a doubt....he was not one of them
Old 22-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #72
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

I was pulled up for breaking the law about two months ago, got out of the car and was as polite as i could be, i won't go into what i did at this stage, but the officers that pulled me over were quite good once we had got past the licence & Rego checks.

May i ask some of the officers on here, how long should it take at a maximum for a court summons to arrive?

I have waited over two months ( I was told two weeks maximum by the officers that pulled me over), now if it were to all just go away, it would be nice, but the chances of that happenening are next to none.

Redrum?

And would the Car & Driver being licenced in a different state affect the time it would take?

Last edited by FPV8U; 22-05-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old 22-05-2007, 11:49 AM   #73
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

I think that cops cop alot of flack from people because of the misuse of this valuable resource. The feeling that police are an extention of the (state) tax office is very strong in the community. How often to you hear of bashings, rapes, break-ins, etc, that seem to have little interest to our public servants in blue. But dare to slip over the speed limit and suddenly they are crawling all over you. Lets face it, the only time most people have to deal with police is when they are standing next to their car with their fine book in their hand. I deal with police on a daily basis for work reasons. As I have said before, the service does not seem to attract more than a "certain kind of person" these people are generally not the sharpest tool in the shed, and they are given some of the strongest police powers in the world. This is eventually a recipe for negative attitue from society. It is not their fault. They are doing a tough job to the best of their ability, in most cases.
Old 22-05-2007, 12:13 PM   #74
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
I think that cops cop alot of flack from people because of the misuse of this valuable resource. The feeling that police are an extention of the (state) tax office is very strong in the community. How often to you hear of bashings, rapes, break-ins, etc, that seem to have little interest to our public servants in blue. But dare to slip over the speed limit and suddenly they are crawling all over you. Lets face it, the only time most people have to deal with police is when they are standing next to their car with their fine book in their hand. I deal with police on a daily basis for work reasons. As I have said before, the service does not seem to attract more than a "certain kind of person" these people are generally not the sharpest tool in the shed, and they are given some of the strongest police powers in the world. This is eventually a recipe for negative attitue from society. It is not their fault. They are doing a tough job to the best of their ability, in most cases.
Good post. I reckon that if there were a separate entity (nothing with Police associated to it : ) performing traffic duties then I doubt you would hear anyone giving the police flack.

Have had the unfortunate pleasure dealing with them many times than I would have liked and they have always been good.
Old 22-05-2007, 12:30 PM   #75
gtfpv
GT

well i got pulled over for doing 75 in a 50 zone right in front of my house . a cop was behind me on a bike , he was not happy. i admitted i was speeding . and he simply said dont do it again and drove off . couldn't believe it , cause i just accepted it and expected to be booked .
Old 22-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #76
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunns
If you can prove you have taken all possible messures to find the driver of that car, you will cop the fine and not the points.

ie: you lend your car to 2 friends each of them say that they were not driving at the time of the camera went off, there is no clear picture of the driver of the car. They both sign stat decs saying that they were in the car but were not the driver of the car at that point in time.
You pay the fine and no loss of points as you commited no offence and the points system is there to penilise the offending driver not the ower of the car. I have done this before and has worked.
Hey Gunns,
I don't know how long ago this was but 2 years ago this happened to me. My brother had my car for a week whilst I was on holidays and he let a couple of mates drive it. Anyway I got a speed camera ticket in the mail. Neither of his mates would own up to driving it so I signed a stat. dec. to that effect.
Got a letter back saying the fine was withdrawn, no fine and no points.
They ripped you off with that one....lol.
Old 22-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #77
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Important point many miss. Police enforce many acts of parliament, not just the Crimes Act............
Old 23-05-2007, 12:56 PM   #78
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Important point many miss. Police enforce many acts of parliament, not just the Crimes Act............
Could you please answer my question on the previous page, by PM if you would prefer Redrum.

Would be much Appreciated.
Old 23-05-2007, 01:21 PM   #79
VSSII

Quote:
This is only because this is what people want to read so this is what the media shows. You will always hear about robberies and sexual assaults in the news because thats what makes good headlines. Politicians will then call for more powers etc and so the wheel turns.

Speak to most police and they'll tell you no more powers are needed incedentally, just more support. In NSW there are only about 400 HWP (out of 16000) police and this hasn't changed since the 1980's. I'm sure you'd be aware there's a few more cars on the road since the '80's. I can assure you they are not crawling all over you as they're almost non existent. The majority of people will be guided by what they read in the media and this leads to distorted opinions. The only police most people see are those in uniform which is only a percentage. There are many more working on investigations you'd have no idea about because they don't make headlines. Channel 9 news are not going to do 10 second part on a guy that was caught for a stickup or a stabbing if they don't have any new footage unless it's a statewide story.

In regard to your comments about not needing an IQ of 170+ to join the cops, again I can only comment on NSW but you couldn't be more ill informed. The current crop are required to attain tertiary qualifications. A bottom of the heap Probationary Constable takes home over $50,000 p.a. and a 5yr Senior Constable would be looking at anywhere from $70,000 to $80,000 depending on allownances and overtime. Try not to be guided by what you read on websites and ACA.
Old 23-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #80
ler

I think legally you must give them your name. They can find out where you live by your licence and im not sure if you have to tell them where you work.
Old 23-05-2007, 01:34 PM   #81
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSSII
This is only because this is what people want to read so this is what the media shows. You will always hear about robberies and sexual assaults in the news because thats what makes good headlines. Politicians will then call for more powers etc and so the wheel turns.

Speak to most police and they'll tell you no more powers are needed incedentally, just more support. In NSW there are only about 400 HWP (out of 16000) police and this hasn't changed since the 1980's. I'm sure you'd be aware there's a few more cars on the road since the '80's. I can assure you they are not crawling all over you as they're almost non existent. The majority of people will be guided by what they read in the media and this leads to distorted opinions. The only police most people see are those in uniform which is only a percentage. There are many more working on investigations you'd have no idea about because they don't make headlines. Channel 9 news are not going to do 10 second part on a guy that was caught for a stickup or a stabbing if they don't have any new footage unless it's a statewide story.

In regard to your comments about not needing an IQ of 170+ to join the cops, again I can only comment on NSW but you couldn't be more ill informed. The current crop are required to attain tertiary qualifications. A bottom of the heap Probationary Constable takes home over $50,000 p.a. and a 5yr Senior Constable would be looking at anywhere from $70,000 to $80,000 depending on allownances and overtime. Try not to be guided by what you read on websites and ACA.
What I said was not gleened frm ACA or any other media outlet. It is based on personal experience. Also a tertiary qualification does not make you clever or intelligent. I am not sure were you are going by quoting what police earn. What ever they get it is not enough. And I will never work out how someone can live on 80K a year. Perhaps if there are two incomes in one family??
Old 23-05-2007, 02:05 PM   #82
ler

Quote:
And I will never work out how someone can live on 80K a year. Perhaps if there are two incomes in one family??
Dont you think your expenses would be a little different living in Alice Springs?
Old 23-05-2007, 02:28 PM   #83
honer
Back to N/A land

Alot of people here seem to have unconditional respect for Police.

For me its simple: If they are nice to me, I'm nice to them. If they want to treat me like a peice of ****, I'll treat them like a peice of ****. I will not bite my lip, at the end of the day they are just another human being in a uniform.

Pride > Defect
Old 23-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #84
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ler
Dont you think your expenses would be a little different living in Alice Springs?
The Alice is quite an expensive place to live. I dont know how it compares to, say Sydney, but everthing here has been carted a long way which is factord into the cost of things.
Old 23-05-2007, 02:32 PM   #85
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by honer
Alot of people here seem to have unconditional respect for Police.

For me its simple: If they are nice to me, I'm nice to them. If they want to treat me like a peice of ****, I'll treat them like a peice of ****. I will not bite my lip, at the end of the day they are just another human being in a uniform.

Pride > Defect
This rule applies to everyone, not just police. Well said.
Old 23-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #86
ler

Id kiss their *** regardless. Except it might attract attention if you do it too much.
Old 23-05-2007, 02:56 PM   #87
ler

Quote:
The Alice is quite an expensive place to live. I dont know how it compares to, say Sydney, but everthing here has been carted a long way which is factord into the cost of things.
What sort of job do you do that has you earning more than 80k in the alice out of curiosity? Own a big farm or work as a miner somewhere?
Old 23-05-2007, 04:47 PM   #88
EB 2 XR8
Traino!

simple fact:

cops are idiots, but u can't beat them, so don't try

EB 2 XR8 - 5 Speed, All Black, SSV Bodykit,

EF 2 XR6 - 5 Speed, XR Kit, Sunroof,

Current Car:

EL GLI - Straight As!
Old 23-05-2007, 05:06 PM   #89
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB 2 XR8
simple fact:

I think most that read this may have a rather different opinion on who the idiot is.
Old 23-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #90
FORD3V
5.4L 3V V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB 2 XR8
simple fact:

Cops are so dumb that they have caught you so many times doing CLEVER stuff that you dont have a drivers license.......
If cops are idiots,what does that make you?
Closed Thread