Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-02-2009, 06:54 PM   #61
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXr6Tickford
Looking for a test car?

You're from Albury, LOL funny thing is I bought the fibreglass GT bar from a wrecker up their LOL, mate if you were closer we could make it work, when I'm ready to do it I'd rather someone a little more local so if you move to melbourne or Geelong let me know.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 12:02 AM   #62
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Price this look up into a kit and we can do a group buy Noice..Oh yeah the donor car is in cranny and I deliver :
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...66#post2538966

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 12:11 AM   #63
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Get me 20 definites if it's supply only or 15 for supply and fit.

We are talking about the full kit right??
Old 20-02-2009, 12:15 AM   #64
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
Get me 20 definites if it's supply only or 15 for supply and fit.

We are talking about the full kit right??
20 would be nice.. 3 for each state & 1 each for the teritorys : with build numbers, and our own AU.GT appreciation room :
Old 20-02-2009, 12:17 AM   #65
XRQTR
TBA Customs

If you're serious I can get build plates made up for the engine bay.
Old 20-02-2009, 12:19 AM   #66
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

We shall talk at the Drags next week :

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Old 20-02-2009, 12:22 AM   #67
XRQTR
TBA Customs

I've got a better idea, you talk I listen, then you show me to the cantina and buy me whiskey, actually do that first I listen better that way
Old 20-02-2009, 12:22 AM   #68
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Fibreglass would be ok. But for a "one off"- i would be trying to graft a proper plastic GT bottom half. Does anyone know if they are made from the same plastics? (AU XR Front and BA GT Front)- for plastic welding reasons.
Old 20-02-2009, 12:30 AM   #69
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont5.0
Fibreglass would be ok. But for a "one off"- i would be trying to graft a proper plastic GT bottom half. Does anyone know if they are made from the same plastics? (AU XR Front and BA GT Front)- for plastic welding reasons.

Plastic welding along a seem that big (the whole way round) probably wouldn't last too long with regular driving and gutters. But hey if you have the $4k odd to buy the two bars to start with then I'm happy to do it for you, so say another $2K. $6K is good for a front bar, I'm thinking maybe $4.5K-$5K for the lot painted and fitted. If the numbers are good then less again.
Old 20-02-2009, 12:31 AM   #70
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Not Me. No coin here, just some suggestions.
Old 20-02-2009, 09:58 AM   #71
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

*backs out of room at a suggested $4.5-$5k bodykit qoute*... i think i'll keep looking around and try to do this myself... :P plus i am exploring a slightly different route... lol
Old 20-02-2009, 11:16 PM   #72
XRQTR
TBA Customs

First of all that's painted and fitted.

Secondly as I said get me more interest and I can drop the price.

You need to realise that every bit of that body kit needs to be reworked then a mold made of them, individually, not a very cheap exercise when you consider the amount of time alone that will go into something like that.

That front bar took me almost 2 weeks to get to that stage and I still wasn't happy with it, if you like I can superglue it for you with some sellotape for added strength.

I really don't think people realise just how much work goes into just the prototype, if you don't get that right then it's a pointless and extremely expensive exrecise. The prototype is essentially what it will look like, it's measured, remeasured, checked, re checked, cut, bonded,fitted, re worked, re fitted, re worked (this can go for days to get it to sit right, so multiply that by 4 and you get maybe 2 weeks just there) then smoothed, painted oops found a line somewhere there shouldn't be, hi filled, re worked again, trial fitted again, the strengthened in order to make the mold, would you like me to keep going??

Then the prototype gets destroyed in the mold making process so if anything isn't right then you have to start it all over again, such joy.

Mate I would love to do them for a few hundred dollars but the reality is that this isn't just something you knock together in a weekend, alot of time and money go into making something that looks easy enough to do especially with phtoshop. As much as I'd like to do it cheap I also have to think about who's going to pay my rent, electricity and other costs involved, so ye get me some numbers, some serious numbers and then come and see me. Fair??

Regards
Stef
Phoenix
Old 21-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #73
XRQTR
TBA Customs

To make it easier to understand the final price I'll break it down for you, maybe then you won't think it's so unreasonable.

Fornt Bar - $950
Rear Bar - $850
Side Skirt - $400 each
Rear Wing - tba
Paint - $800
Fitting - $600

TOTAL - $4000 (not including boot wing)

I don't have a price on the boot wing at the moment as I hope to be able to use the BA one with some slight modification, but won't know for sure until I start playing with it all. If the boot wing can be rewroked to suit then I will only charge what the wing costs to try to make it more affordable for anyone that might be interested.

If you prefer to just have it supplied then it works out to $2600, pretty much what a BA/F GT kit costs to supply (plus the boot wing of course) so that's quite reasonable for a kit that won't sell anywhere near to the numbers that the BA/F GT kit sells.

If you're serious then start pumping it to your frineds and to all the others within the AU community, if the numbers are good mate I can do that whole thing supply/paint/fit for around $3500.

Numbers mate numbers.

Regards
Stef
Phoenix
Old 21-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #74
AUbigfoot
Ford beginner

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I don't think he meant it offensively, we can easily see the hard work that it would take and the pricing involved. The way i read it was just that it may be a bit too expensive for his car, not that it is overpriced, just out of a set budget (If that makes sense)

I think that your idea is awesome, and if i had the spare cash would definitely look into it!
AUbigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #75
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
and our own AU.GT appreciation room :
You been hitting your head on the cross member under the Cortina again.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2009, 04:50 PM   #76
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensbigfoot
I don't think he meant it offensively, we can easily see the hard work that it would take and the pricing involved. The way i read it was just that it may be a bit too expensive for his car, not that it is overpriced, just out of a set budget (If that makes sense)
Thanks for that... thats basically what i was referring too.

I do apologise XRQTR for offending you. I know how much effort is involved... ALOT! :P
Old 22-02-2009, 01:37 AM   #77
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensbigfoot

I think that your idea is awesome, and if i had the spare cash would definitely look into it!

The easy solution then would be to build it a section at a time, much easier for me that way, same cost of course, but it means I don't have to get the whole thing done at the same time.

I know what he meant but it makes it easier to understand when it's broken down into it's individual components, a total price without understanding the break down will always seem high. I was just trying to show the costs of each section as well as the paint and fit side of it all.

You know if people are keen I would be willing to do one section at a time so that it becomes easier to put together, just a thought.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #78
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Ok scratch that pricing, I have found the side and rear sections are already done, quite cheaply to I might add, but I would like to check them for fit first, so I would only need to do the front bar graft.

So this could mean less than half what I originally quoted, how much I won't know until I get some numbers.

In the meantime, if I could keep the price under say $2500 supply,paint and fit (I may even be able to do it for under $2000) would that make people more inclined to go ahead with this, I really don't want to be stuck with a front bar that not many people will want. Being that it's an XR style bar the demand would not be as high as a standard AU style one that is also currently available.

If enough people are interested then I will start getting the materials to make the prototype, I will however need a car on which to trial fit it all so if anyone local in Geelong would like to help out I will look after you of course should you also choose to get one.

Thanks
Stef
TBA Custom Panel and Paint

edit: p.s. I forgot to mention that I will be happy to do a lay by offer if people would like to get one but have trouble saving LOL
Old 01-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #79
low au classic
EA FALCONED

i have a gt kit on my car if your getting the skirts and rear from phat customs in dandy
check your product i had mine done there not to happy with the final product thats for sure

SVO wheels 16x7 & 16x8
SVO MOMO steering wheel
SVO rear spoiler
SVO dash cluster
SVO RECARO trim
SVO headers
SVO grille
Sounds good pity it hasn’t ran in 3 years
low au classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2009, 04:37 PM   #80
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$2000 supplied, painted and fitted, i'd be very interested.
bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2009, 10:16 PM   #81
XRQTR
TBA Customs

If you can get 10 people interested in the standard AU off the shelf one I can do them for $2K even.

I will find out this week what it will cost me to get the mould made up and have a price hopefully by the end of the week for those that want an XR style front done.

regards
Stef
Old 02-03-2009, 04:48 PM   #82
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
If you can get 10 people interested in the standard AU off the shelf one I can do them for $2K even.
Can you list what the "standard AU off the shelf one" is?

I'm interested but I'm not sure where we're up to.

Cheers...
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2009, 06:31 PM   #83
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Even though the photoshop of silver XR with the BF GT kit on it looks pretty tough, I think the BA front bar works better with the AU2 nose cone. And I'd go the standard flat slatted grille as well.

The green AU Classic does look nice with the BF bar though...

Quote:
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2009, 07:22 PM   #84
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Ye the BA one looks pretty good, if I ever bought another AU2/3 XR I'd do that again for myself, tried it with the slats though both in photoshop as well as when I was building the prototype and it just didn't look right.

What I meant by off the shelf is that the BF kit is available for the AU Forte - Fairmaont with the standard headlights, just not the XR lights.

Here are a couple of pics from the supplier, if people are interested I may not have to do a grup deal on this one, just depends on what price I end up paying for the kits, I may be able to do them for the same price anyway.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:56 AM   #85
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not a big fan of the rear bar, something just doesnt look right.
bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #86
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

I admire your interest on doing a kit XRQTR.
My thoughts about the white forte above front bar, I think the BF driving light are too small and too much detail, I reckon the BAGT lower would suit much more.
As for the rear bar above, I'm with bloggs here, looks too narrow, maybe the white background is misleading ? should be mesh or black background instead.
Possibly a rear bar ala T2 is the go ? they look horn imo.
TBH neither of those pics by whoever did these don't do any justice of their product.
I prefer your own effort very similar to the XR50 bar produced before which I had on my XR8.
Anyway good luck I watch in interest.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2009, 06:27 PM   #87
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Guys I'm just putting the cheaper option out there as some expressed the price might be a bit high for a full custom one, this one is available through someone else and therefore makes it cheaper to do if people are interested.

Mate at the moment I'm just trying to get some more work into the shop. I'm only trying to find out what people want, I will be seeing a couple of people I know about other kits for other models in the coming days/weeks.

Some of the Focus guys might be interested in some of them, I will be getting back to all about what will be available.

Thanks
Stef

Last edited by Dauphin; 03-03-2009 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Please keep it to PMs.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #88
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

XRQTR sorry mate not knowing the background in hindsight I should have shut up LOL......but appreciate your informed post.

Wish you all the best.....
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #89
low au classic
EA FALCONED

the rear bar is missin the paint around the opening thats all
mine looks nice i reakon
http://
just need some mesh now
i was talking to XRQTR (stef) the other day and il tell ya now he is a champ really knows his stuff and is not in it to rip any1 off its a fair price considering all the time and effort that goes into his work
if i new bout you sooner i would came see you then getting the crap work i got done off some1 that just see a dollar sign on ya head and doesnt care for there work.
trust me guys i should know

SVO wheels 16x7 & 16x8
SVO MOMO steering wheel
SVO rear spoiler
SVO dash cluster
SVO RECARO trim
SVO headers
SVO grille
Sounds good pity it hasn’t ran in 3 years
low au classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2009, 07:17 AM   #90
XRQTR
TBA Customs

All good Bluedriver.

Thanks Pat for for the kind words, only moved in to the shop a couple of weeks ago now but this is something I have done in the past as can be evidenced by my AU/BA bar.

I'm not here to rip anyone off, people are smart enough to realise when they are getting taken for a ride, with the internet it's much easier to compare prices, besides I always ask any customer to shop around first.

Thanks
Stef
TBA