Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-03-2007, 09:13 PM   #61
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
That and the fact that Holden are selling 2000 units less in OZ than they budgeted for.
The Billion dollar baby may become the billion dollar anchor unless they export their ar$e$ off !!
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 09:15 PM   #62
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8
The Billion dollar baby may become the billion dollar anchor unless they export their ar$e$ off !!

Well the excess Holden have been building has been exported to the middle east so they dont fall into the disgraceful situation Ford is in with a s**tload of cars out the back. I remember finding a turbo out there that had sat there for a year!
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 09:22 PM   #63
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Well the excess Holden have been building has been exported to the middle east so they dont fall into the disgraceful situation Ford is in with a s**tload of cars out the back.
I'm not convinced.

Ford is in trouble.

But...............Holden are in trouble too. They are exporting but their total volume is NOT where they need to be to cover their development costs.

'Idle days' are coming up for their plant in SA.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:25 PM   #64
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Good question. Don't know, but 2006 will be worse, and there will be more tooling and launch costs for VE in 2006 as well.
Well Toyota was $7.8b including exports and posted a whopping $55m profit (down 22%), while Ford was $3.89b with a profit of $148m (down 23%).

In 2004 Holden's revenue was $7.21b including exports and $335m profit, before they farmed $120m off to Detroit to make the sick US branch look better. In one year Holden's profit was about 10 years worth of Toyota's profit up to that date.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 09:30 PM   #65
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Well Toyota was $7.8b including exports and posted a whopping $55m profit (down 22%), while Ford was $3.89b with a profit of $148m (down 23%).

In 2004 Holden's revenue was $7.21b including exports and $335m profit, before they farmed $120m off to Detriot to make the sick US branch look better. In one year Holden's profit was about 10 years worth of Toyota's profit up to that date.
Toyota mate ?

Don't even go there......

Transfer costs (which the Federal Government are investigating) are a good way of hiding profits off-shore.

Believe you me. Toyota are REALLY making a lot more than that here in Australia.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:31 PM   #66
Wally
XP Coupe

Yeah I know. The Feds want to hit them with a $1b tax invoice for sinking offshore costs in their balance sheets.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:34 PM   #67
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Toyota mate ?

Don't even go there......

Transfer costs (which the Federal Government are investigating) are a good way of hiding profits off-shore.

Believe you me. Toyota are REALLY making a lot more than that here in Australia.
Toyota are the only car manufacturing company in OZ that is employing more people while the rest are laying people off.

Exports dont yield as much money as a sale in Australia. The profit margin is huge in this country. This is why Australia is the most competative market in the world for cars.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:36 PM   #68
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Yeah I know. The Feds want to hit them with a $1b tax invoice for sinking offshore costs in their balance sheets.
They are the best manufacturer by a mile (products are boring..ATM).

Quality, reliability, & Cost. All the other manufacturer's wish they could duplicate their manufacturing systems.

And............not only that.........Toyota are sneaky too ! Lol.

Ford Oz & Holden are struggling (in manufacturing), and may end up being engineering centres only one day.

I hope not !!!
Old 02-03-2007, 09:41 PM   #69
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
And............not only that.........Toyota are sneaky too ! Lol.
Only company that got a slap on the wrist for killing seven people due to a fault they knew about for 7 years.

Seriously BMW are better manufactures as they can built different models on the same line and do it well.
Toyota....well the japanese manufactures built the same model on the same line and will even split hi series and low series on seperate lines.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:55 PM   #70
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Toyota are the only car manufacturing company in OZ that is employing more people while the rest are laying people off.

Exports dont yield as much money as a sale in Australia. The profit margin is huge in this country. This is why Australia is the most competative market in the world for cars.

Holden 9200 employees

Toyota, ( 20/09/06 More than 300 metal workers have formed a picket line outside Toyota's Altona plant in Melbourne to protest the treatment of a fellow employee.) has 4500 employees.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:01 PM   #71
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Holden 9200 employees

Toyota, ( 20/09/06 More than 300 metal workers have formed a picket line outside Toyota's Altona plant in Melbourne to protest the treatment of a fellow employee.) has 4500 employees.

Your point being? I never said that Toyota had more employees than Holden. I said they were hiring people while the other three were getting rid of employees.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:06 PM   #72
Wally
XP Coupe

Well obviously thay have plenty of capacity to direct employ, it's just that they choose to sub contract a fair %. It's just robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:10 PM   #73
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Well obviously thay have plenty of capacity to direct employ, it's just that choose to sub contract a fair %. It's just robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Or it's smart business to be ready if they get into trouble. Ford subcontracts a fair bit as well. And so do a few other companies. At the end of the day Holden and Ford are in the **** and Toyota, you can argue all day about it but thats the result.

Anyway back on topic.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:22 PM   #74
Wally
XP Coupe

Not arguing anything, just presenting data. Looking at at those figures Ford would provide a better dividend to a shareholder than Toyota would.... which probably explains why Japan has been in recession for ever.

Ford Aust had a $7.5b higher profit than the rest of the company
Old 03-03-2007, 03:03 PM   #75
bazar
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by philxy351
spot on
i agree with that
also ford custimor servive and warranty ticks alot of people off.
xr6t ute bad noise under car when breaking after reversing since new when warranty ran out they said your on your own.,stiff
bazar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post