Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-12-2008, 03:26 PM   #61
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just brought my BFII from Bayford Coburg. They were pretty good to deal with
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 12:21 AM   #62
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
Just brought my BFII from Bayford Coburg. They were pretty good to deal with
Sales guys are good (Epping and Coburg). Service centre seem average, and that was for the 3000km courtasy service.
Old 28-12-2008, 01:16 AM   #63
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Torque Ford at Strathpine (north side of Brisbane) have been quite good to me with regards to servicing. Their sales department isn't bad either. I found Pacific Ford at Maroochydore are quite helpful also. However when I was looking for my car the salesman at Pacific Ford Currimundi was an *insert word here* and treated me like a time waster just because I was an 18 year old (at the time) looking at an XR6. I had the money so I bought elsewhere and I made a point of stopping in front of him the day I picked it up and bringing his attention to the fact he lost a sale because he was a total jerk.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 09:09 AM   #64
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoXr6
New oak fork in Oakleigh. They were an absolute pleasure to deal with, kept me informed if there were any issues and stuck their neck out to help.

But one dealer i'd never go to is Knox Ford they were just not interested in making a sale at all. Waited 20 mins till someone strolled over, and the yard was empty. Then he looked and spoke to me like i was just some young kid who wanted to just take a test drive and never come back.
Seems like nothing changes! Late 2001 I went to Knox Ford with the intent to pay cash for an XR6 ute, no test drive and lukewarm attitude so I went to NewOak Ford and they were great and got my folding stuff. Also had good service from Strapp Ford.
Bill.
Old 28-12-2008, 07:01 PM   #65
brett4777

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Lee351
Great experiences with fleet and new and used car sales at Coburg Bayfords.
Have purchased 14 cars from there since 1985

Service Department at Coburg are reliable and customer service was above standard.
However, have had a few issues with their diff and transmission rebuilding division.

Bayfords Epping was good as well.

GTLEE what dramas did you have with the rebuild department as i have had work done by them and i didnt have any problems at all
brett4777 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 09:33 AM   #66
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted
Re:Kloster Ford.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. If that was a serious comment he'll learn (& be sorry).

It's a big call but I'd say Kloster Ford would be Australia's worst Ford Dealership. All their customers must now be out of towner's, most Newcastle people would never buy a car from them, too many bad experiences & bad stories from any one who's ever dealt with them, (including me).

Sorry, this is about good dealers.
Others may not agree, but I have had nothing but good dealings (both sales & after sales/service dept.) from Alto Ford Artarmon/St Leonards.
cobramania is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #67
Trendseeker
Regular Guest

Klosters sell lots of cars to fleet managers like Orix. They tried to purchase my car from there but I decided to go to a near-local dealer instead.
I've been pleased with the service from City Ford Rockdale.
Trendseeker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 11:13 AM   #68
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
Anyone recommend a good dealer in Perth?
Nuford in Wangara and McInerney in Morley
Old 31-12-2008, 12:35 PM   #69
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDB
Torque Ford at Strathpine (north side of Brisbane) have been quite good to me with regards to servicing.
Also another vote for Torque Ford but at North Lakes, they have been the only dealer to work on my TE, EVER and they have been fantastic. One of them is a T Series nut which helps
Old 31-12-2008, 12:42 PM   #70
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

OK just came back from Sterling Ford in Bundoora.

The serviced the car and I had an issue with the auto and the software update seems to have fixed it...but will see in time. Also seems they have fixed the other small issues I had. Also were willing for me to bring it in and leave it overnight for and issue that may be there when the car is cold. So they didn't brush me off like courtney & patterson would.

Only gripe was I rang last week and booked the service in yesterday but when I rocked up they didn't have me down. They still would have serviced the car but I wasn't gonna wait their all day. So booked it in for today instead.

So I believe I made a good choice going there instead of Bayford.

Oh and I was having a look at the new FG's and the salesman was pretty good came up straight away and when I explained my situation to me he said that the cars were all open and I was free to look around. Simple things but they make you feel welcom (I've been to a few Ford dealerships and they're terrible...oh and a Mazda dealership where the guy was a complete ***).
Old 31-12-2008, 01:04 PM   #71
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Thus far, I must say I am very happy with the service of Binks Ford in Deer Park (Melbourne), probably more specifically the service from my sales person David Cardona.

I nearly purchased a BFII GT late last year from them, but chose not too, mainly because of lease pay out at the time. But all this year David has kept in touch, in a non pushy way and when I finally let him know my car was on the market he offered some honest assistance. The day I ordered my FG F6 their price was equal with the best, but the fact they threw in a 6 year warranty and the friendliness of the past 12 months was the reason we chose to go with this dealership.

I must also add Strapp Ford, City Ford, Westpoint Ford and Bayford were all very keen, friendly and equally able to offer similar or same deal.
Old 31-12-2008, 05:45 PM   #72
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
OK just came back from Sterling Ford in Bundoora.

The serviced the car and I had an issue with the auto and the software update seems to have fixed it...but will see in time. Also seems they have fixed the other small issues I had. Also were willing for me to bring it in and leave it overnight for and issue that may be there when the car is cold. So they didn't brush me off like courtney & patterson would.

Only gripe was I rang last week and booked the service in yesterday but when I rocked up they didn't have me down. They still would have serviced the car but I wasn't gonna wait their all day. So booked it in for today instead.

So I believe I made a good choice going there instead of Bayford.

Oh and I was having a look at the new FG's and the salesman was pretty good came up straight away and when I explained my situation to me he said that the cars were all open and I was free to look around. Simple things but they make you feel welcom (I've been to a few Ford dealerships and they're terrible...oh and a Mazda dealership where the guy was a complete ***).
Sterling Ford was Costanzo Ford, its where i purchased my ute from and was very happy with who sold me the car, Adrian Costanzo.

What i wasnt happy with was the service dept, and at the time they were hopeless and tryed to shaft me on a few things warrenty wise, and even the service manager damaged my car on a test drive and didnt even have the balls to own up to it.
After this saga, Adrian said that he would sort it out and he did straight away so i have plenty of respect for him, and in turn, i sent another 3 blokes to buy XR8 utes from him.

Spare parts there were good aswell, also Bayford parts in campbellfield are very good.

For servicing and looking after your car your always better off to find a small business guy to do it because he will always appreciate your business more.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 02:53 AM   #73
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great idea for a thread. I'd say of all the ford dealers I've dealt with Knox Ford are the best. Great bunch of guys and no high pressure sales tactics. The worst was Woden Ford on Melrose Drive in Canberra. Pure dogs. Had my car damaged there and they declined responsibility.

I'll add after buying my first porsche a couple of months ago presitge dealers are a whole different world. I've got nothing but good news to report from my porsche dealer. Damn that sounds elitist but its true.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 04:43 AM   #74
azaxr8

Lane Ford, Mandurah. Nothing but good experinces. Highly recommended.
azaxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 12:08 PM   #75
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr_ash
Agreed with 290v, Maughan Thiem Ford, Port Adelaide. I bought my car from there second hand, and prior to me owning it, it was the service managers car! So it has always been serviced there too! Excellent.

Other than that, I was living in country NSW for a bit and McAllister Ford at Young was also very good.
A big thumbs up for Maughan Thiem. Other than having a stupid unspellable name, their service department has looked after my Fords for years, and Ive NEVER bought one there (a corporate thing).

Ive bought 2 newies from Stillwell, but wouldnt service there....
Old 01-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #76
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Metro Ford Brisbane ,no problems bought 5 cars from them in 10 years. Best deal and service. DENMAC's came close, they couldn't match what METRO's offered me on my trade in and price for the WQ FEZ ZETEC. I gave DENMACS a go as they are close to where I live. Denmac Sales guy "I don't know how than can do that" Give Metro's a go.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:11 PM   #77
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

double post

Last edited by ieatsports_cars; 01-01-2009 at 11:19 PM. Reason: double post
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 11:18 PM   #78
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

i just purchased a BF mk 2 from torque ford with olny 5000 kms for $ 25 000 and wow was i impressed with the sales and seviced, i think toque ford has won me over and boy were they quick as well yeah denmac are good but torque ford won me over and better prices as well but denmac ford sales was very impressive as well was ammused to commpared to the local dealership to where i live
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 11:49 PM   #79
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Eclipse Ford in Victoria, Although this was my first brand new car purchase, the gentleman who served me (pm me for details) could not have been more pleasant or helpful. I did not have any of the problems that are sometimes experienced by others on this forum.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #80
Makaveli81
Starter Motor

Binks ford in Footscray, Ask for Matt he is very helpful and passionate for cars I couldnt of asked for anything else!

Its great to have found a dealership / person I can trust!

I have recommended him to other friends/family of mine they are also very happy..

Tell him Seth sent you

Last edited by Makaveli81; 17-01-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Makaveli81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2009, 09:59 PM   #81
djextreme

thinking of takin mine to knox ford for servicing! are they good for service???????
or any other suggestions close to my work in rowville.
not coffey ford, not going back there if i can help it
i got my car from coburg ford they were ok.
Old 20-08-2009, 09:04 AM   #82
Rod6

This is a very helpful thread.

At the moment I take my car to Morley Ford in Echuca as I find them very good and worth the trip from Melbourne (I have relatives I stay with in Echuca and go there often).

I might give Sterling in Bundoora a try next time as they are close to home.

I bought my car from Bayfords Epping and their service left a lot to be desired - 4 goes to fix a problem that was supposed to be fixed before I picked the car up, demister not plugged back in, trim not replaced properly and dust from the panel shop left all over the leather seats. And no reply to my concerns from their customer service department that continually sent out surveys.

Have also been told to avoid Courtney & Patterson for service from someone that used to work there.
Rod6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #83
saber
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've had my car back for waranty work twice now, and Sterling Ford in Bundoora have been fantastic! My car is a ex-gov owned, bought at auction. Soon enought I'll take her in for her final service under warranty.
saber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2009, 10:47 AM   #84
winkle

I have found Eclipse Ford in Ballarat, Vic to be excellent in all respects over the 15 years I have been dealing with them. I now know the owner and MD, Gerald Meagher, the sales manager Neil Doolan, the fleet sales guy Grant Gilbert and the senior service guy Dave Hughes reasonably well. Even the receptionist Eileen does a great job. These guys really do care about service and will give as good a deal as they can. I've bought 5 cars from them, and always had the cars serviced there. When I get a service there, they drop me off at work, and then drop the car at work when they've finished. It's only a 15 minute drive, but it makes it so much easier. I had quite a few issues with our AU111 XR6 when new in 2002 which required the car to be returned roughly 5 times in the first 6 months (mostly minor build issues) and they handle them all with no dramas. When we traded it in on the Territory in 2007, the MD made a point of congratulating me on the way the car was maintained and presented. These guys are well worth a visit.
winkle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2009, 11:03 AM   #85
290v
290v

Maughan Thiem Ford Port Rd Adelaide best in this state if you go to their website and look at the history of the dealer you will see that they use to service model Ts there in the early days and they are still around today looking after us Ford owners
Old 20-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #86
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod6
Have also been told to avoid Courtney & Patterson for service from someone that used to work there.
You were give very good advice.
Old 20-08-2009, 12:45 PM   #87
balthazarr

Had a quick glance through the thread - seems like there's some varying opinions.

I guess it depends on whether we're talking servicing or sales, and people's individual experiences will obviously colour the results...

My 2c:

THE GOOD-

REBEL FORD - Elizabeth, SA
Sales - Excellent. Great price, several lengthy test drives - including twice on my own, no pressure;
Service - Okay, only had it serviced there once, seemed average.

ADRIAN BRIEN FORD - St Mary's, SA
Sales - Great. No pressure tactics, extra long test drive, salesman obviously an enthusiast, good pricing.
Service - No idea.

KNOX FORD - Ferntree Gully, Vic
Sales - Great. No pressure tactics, organised several test drives - though none on my own;
Service - Night service is excellent. Avoid the day service.

KNOX FORD - Bayswater, Vic (Service Only)
Service is good, but no loan car availability is a deal breaker for me.

ETHERIDGE FORD - Ringwood, Vic
Sales - Good. No pressure tactics, but not so happy with their prices.
Service - No idea.

MAUGHAN THIEM FORD - Cheltenham, SA
Sales - Good. Slight pressure tactics, so-so test drive, decent pricing.
Service - No idea.

JEFF WIGNALL FORD - Frankston, Vic
Sales - Okay. Great price, but too pushy. At one point had two sales guys attempting to get the signature.
Service - No idea.

THE BAD-

STRAPP FORD - Doncaster, Vic
Sales - Not interested. Would not even arrange test drive, despite several phone calls and visits from me, no follow up calls.
Service - No idea.

BAYFORD - Coburg, Vic
Sales - So-so. Virtually no movement on price, short test drive, no follow up from salesman;
Service - No idea.

YARRA RANGES FORD - Lilydale, Vic
Sales - Not great. Difficult to get a test drive, salesman did follow up though, no idea on price as negotiations never got that far.
Service - No idea.

JARVIS FORD - Norwood, SA
Sales - So-so. Did get a very short test drive, kept me waiting ~1 hour for it though, reasonable on price.
Service - avoid. Not at all happy with their service. Lengthy delays, dodgy interpretation of wear and tear vs. warranty work.

THE UGLY-

B.S. STILLWELL FORD - Medindie, SA
Sales - 'B.S.' indeed. Rude, argumentative, pushy salesman. Ludicrously short test drive (around the block) with salesman constantly making comments about watching my speed (doing less than the limit), little knowledge of the car, refused to give any price because I'd "shop it around", in a word - hopeless;
Service - Would avoid based on sales experience.
balthazarr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2009, 01:07 PM   #88
Ibrox90
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazarr
Had a quick glance through the thread - seems like there's some varying opinions.

I guess it depends on whether we're talking servicing or sales, and people's individual experiences will obviously colour the results...

My 2c:

THE GOOD-

REBEL FORD - Elizabeth, SA
Sales - Excellent. Great price, several lengthy test drives - including twice on my own, no pressure;
Service - Okay, only had it serviced there once, seemed average.

ADRIAN BRIEN FORD - St Mary's, SA
Sales - Great. No pressure tactics, extra long test drive, salesman obviously an enthusiast, good pricing.
Service - No idea.

KNOX FORD - Ferntree Gully, Vic
Sales - Great. No pressure tactics, organised several test drives - though none on my own;
Service - Night service is excellent. Avoid the day service.

KNOX FORD - Bayswater, Vic (Service Only)
Service is good, but no loan car availability is a deal breaker for me.

ETHERIDGE FORD - Ringwood, Vic
Sales - Good. No pressure tactics, but not so happy with their prices.
Service - No idea.

MAUGHAN THIEM FORD - Cheltenham, SA
Sales - Good. Slight pressure tactics, so-so test drive, decent pricing.
Service - No idea.

JEFF WIGNALL FORD - Frankston, Vic
Sales - Okay. Great price, but too pushy. At one point had two sales guys attempting to get the signature.
Service - No idea.

THE BAD-

STRAPP FORD - Doncaster, Vic
Sales - Not interested. Would not even arrange test drive, despite several phone calls and visits from me, no follow up calls.
Service - No idea.

BAYFORD - Coburg, Vic
Sales - So-so. Virtually no movement on price, short test drive, no follow up from salesman;
Service - No idea.

YARRA RANGES FORD - Lilydale, Vic
Sales - Not great. Difficult to get a test drive, salesman did follow up though, no idea on price as negotiations never got that far.
Service - No idea.

JARVIS FORD - Norwood, SA
Sales - So-so. Did get a very short test drive, kept me waiting ~1 hour for it though, reasonable on price.
Service - avoid. Not at all happy with their service. Lengthy delays, dodgy interpretation of wear and tear vs. warranty work.

THE UGLY-

B.S. STILLWELL FORD - Medindie, SA
Sales - 'B.S.' indeed. Rude, argumentative, pushy salesman. Ludicrously short test drive (around the block) with salesman constantly making comments about watching my speed (doing less than the limit), little knowledge of the car, refused to give any price because I'd "shop it around", in a word - hopeless;
Service - Would avoid based on sales experience.
I'd disagree with that, Adrain Brien are terrible. pushy, low customer value and with me and my mate blantantly offensive. (that was used cars though)

Wayne Phillis ford in Christies Beach , SA (Used cars)
Service deptartment is woeful, sale guys are excelent

See Mark really young guy but knows what hes about.
Went into a shouting match with his boss and the sevice deptartment boss on my behalf

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears
stage 2 shift kit, riding on G6ET 18's

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Parking your ford after a long day of being Awesome
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkin...37774932974038
Ibrox90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2009, 06:26 PM   #89
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDB
Torque Ford at Strathpine (north side of Brisbane) have been quite good to me with regards to servicing. Their sales department isn't bad either. I found Pacific Ford at Maroochydore are quite helpful also. However when I was looking for my car the salesman at Pacific Ford Currimundi was an *insert word here* and treated me like a time waster just because I was an 18 year old (at the time) looking at an XR6. I had the money so I bought elsewhere and I made a point of stopping in front of him the day I picked it up and bringing his attention to the fact he lost a sale because he was a total jerk.
Another thumbs up for Torque Ford

But stay well away from the cowboys at Byrne Ford Chermside and Hendra.
They blatantly lie (boths sales and service) I caught them out with thier own paperwork. I still have the proof in case anyone says to be careful of defarmation.
Old 20-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #90
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nova Ford at Caboolture are fantastic for servicing on the XR5. Everything that you ask for gets done and the car actually gets looked after.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post