Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-10-2006, 11:54 AM   #61
ShawnN20
camaro guy

i like LHD though, i am used to it.

quick questions. is your clutch pedal on the far left and the gas on the far right, with the brake pedal in the middle? on a manual transmission car is first gear all the way over to the left and forward?
1979 Ford Mustang. 331,boost,spray.
1992 Plymouth Laser. AWD turbo, 5 speed <daily driver
ShawnN20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #62
davro_xr6
HRN13 (formerly X-Rated)

Dude - if you're looking for work, relaxed laws on cars and cheap accomodation, Central QLD is a go-er!! I lived in Brisbane all my life, with brief stints in Sydney and Melbourne... I tell yah, I would'nt go back to a major city again!! Too expensive, the cops are a pain in the rectum and there is a stack of work up here!! We cannot get enough people for jobs... I'm in Yeppoon near Rockhampton right on the beach!! BEAUTIFUL!!
Upgrades so far... : 2003 BA XT n/a 6 - Lowered 3" - Lovell Lowered Race Springs front & Rear - Pedders Sports Rider Shocks front and Rear - 18" x 8.5" AMG Akuza Mags - Pacemaker Headers - 2.5" Redback exhaust system - High flow cat - cat back - no muffler - Quck shifter kit - Typhoon CAI - custom stereo & boot install - Bonnet decal :
davro_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 12:09 PM   #63
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Welcome to the forum

Yeah, the layout is exactly the same. The clutch on the left, accelerator (gas) on the right. The shift pattern still runs from left to right only the gearstick is on your left instead.

Im not sure about the import rules, I think they changed recently. I heard that if the car isnt brand new or over a certain age (25 years or something) its hard to import them into the country. Maybe someone else knows more about this though.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 12:13 PM   #64
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnN20
i like LHD though, i am used to it.

quick questions. is your clutch pedal on the far left and the gas on the far right, with the brake pedal in the middle? on a manual transmission car is first gear all the way over to the left and forward?
Welcome to the forums Shawn. Yeah the pedal array is the same, just on the other side.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 02:20 PM   #65
ShawnN20
camaro guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8GLI
Im not sure about the import rules, I think they changed recently. I heard that if the car isnt brand new or over a certain age (25 years or something) its hard to import them into the country. Maybe someone else knows more about this though.
well, thats a drag....
Old 30-10-2006, 02:27 PM   #66
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you've owned it for more than 12months you can privately import it. (any car)

Some states here allow LHD cars, but usually with restriction. (only a certain amount of kms per year)
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 02:32 PM   #67
ShawnN20
camaro guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
If you've owned it for more than 12months you can privately import it. (any car)

Some states here allow LHD cars, but usually with restriction. (only a certain amount of kms per year)
i have owned it for 5 years. and i have only driven the car 6,000 miles this whole year anyway.

so thats good news.
Old 30-10-2006, 02:35 PM   #68
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin

A car 30yr old or over can be registered easily if left hand drive,no conversion is needed,that is NSW,not to sure bout other states..
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 03:08 PM   #69
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

yep and i think if its newer it must display a warning on the rear, a small sticker saying left hand drive would do fine ive seen it many times.

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 03:30 PM   #70
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah Melbourne is great - if you want to live in a dreary grey rainsoaked landscape with no good beaches (kinda like London)...Sydney is a great place but everything is so expensive, I would move to the Gold Coast in a second if I could (unfortunatly family, employment, yadda yadda prevents that).
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 04:15 PM   #71
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

This thread is funny, your all acting like a bunch of tourism operators! He said he's coming for a holiday and im sure he will make his own mind up to what suits him the best! Aussies can be so competitive sometimes (all the time!).
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
XR6TickfordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 05:30 PM   #72
ScoopED
Thumbs up for fossil fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6TickfordBoy
This thread is funny, your all acting like a bunch of tourism operators! He said he's coming for a holiday and im sure he will make his own mind up to what suits him the best! Aussies can be so competitive sometimes (all the time!).
Nothing wrong with a bit of 'state pride' I say.

I think that it is a good sign that most of us are porud of where we live (sounds sucky, I know..... but its true). I mean, this is a pretty bloody good country if you ask me, wouldnt change it for the world.

Mike

1992 EB Fairmont
351cu in Windsor Roller Cam
Valve Body "Shift Kitted" BTR 4spd Auto
Hi Tek Headers Tri Y
Twin 2.25 into Single 2.5in
17in x 8in BA XR8 Copies
235x45x17 Nankang NSII
Ultra Low King springs
Whiteline 30mm Swaybar
Nolathane box section trailing arms
Slotted DBA front rotors