Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-09-2008, 11:04 AM   #61
mmhmm

Well, considering Ricky's led the sharks to the semis i dont see why they wouldnt have a chance. but still SHARKS ?? premiership material..?? naaah
lets make way for storm/warriors
now thats game!
( reminds me of the old tina turner song! )
mmhmm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2008, 11:04 PM   #62
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

What a huge disappointment that was. I didn't expect the Sharks to win, but I expected a them to put up a fight. Better luck to them next year.

Melbourne are quality, no doubt about that. I hope the following couple of games bring a little more excitement.
Old 26-09-2008, 11:21 PM   #63
capriv8

crap there goes my prediction, storm and warriors final, warriors to win
capriv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2008, 11:27 PM   #64
ST09RM
2011 FG XR6T UTE

GO THE BOYS!!!!! ive even got a storm tattoo after last years efforts woohoo
ST09RM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2008, 11:33 PM   #65
Johndec
FG XR8 Ute and AU3 XR8

Poor old Sharkies!! That's quite a losing streak they've got going. Someone should make a movie about it.. They could call it "The 41 year old virgin" and cast that well known Spanish actor Juan Farkall in the leading role! :
Johndec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2008, 08:14 AM   #66
rodderz

Storm played well last night, with the loss of Smith. They all stepped up and Cronk was a great captain. It's a pity Smith is out for the grand final too, the warriors seem to be playing very well too
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2008, 02:02 PM   #67
XR8putts

Go the Warriors tonight!!
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2008, 02:08 PM   #68
SirHenry
Falcon Unbelievable!

Woohoo! Melbourne Storm and Craig Bellamy just got fined $50k for his brain fart last night. I think the NRL should have just stopped funding them if Storm have so many issues with the NRL. Storm and Bellamy tend to forget the only reason they are in the NRL is because the NRL financially props them up.

Just my 2c worth.
SirHenry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2008, 04:12 PM   #69
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Yeh...you're right.
Get rid of the Storm.
And Qld and NZ sides for that matter, and go back to being a parochial little Sydney based sport that would disappear up it's own.......... Get real.

Sydney Swans aren't exactly doing on their own either.

If you want the NRL to survive it has to drag itself out it's 1960's Sydney based mentality.

(ps I was born and raised in Sydney and grew up following the Dragons.(Langlands, Raper, Billie Smith)

Go Storm!
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2008, 04:17 PM   #70
XR8putts

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
And Qld and NZ sides for that matter...
I'm still miffed how they call them the New Zealand Warriors, Rugby League dosn't exist outside of Auckland! The entire team is from Auckland and they are Auckland based, the name change was ridiculous.. I digress.
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2008, 05:16 PM   #71
SirHenry
Falcon Unbelievable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
Yeh...you're right.
Get rid of the Storm.
And Qld and NZ sides for that matter, and go back to being a parochial little Sydney based sport that would disappear up it's own.......... Get real.

Sydney Swans aren't exactly doing on their own either.

If you want the NRL to survive it has to drag itself out it's 1960's Sydney based mentality.

(ps I was born and raised in Sydney and grew up following the Dragons.(Langlands, Raper, Billie Smith)

Go Storm!

At the end of the day opinions are like backsides everybody has one there are no right ones no wrong ones. You can't bite the hand the feeds you and still expect to be fed. Good to see they have at least 1 good supporter down there
SirHenry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2008, 10:15 PM   #72
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not quiet the grand final I was after but it will do :P
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #73
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

there go the warriors .storm & manly !
Old 28-09-2008, 12:26 AM   #74
samsy351
351XB - Underbelly II Car

I cant agree with having a Melbourne team in the comp that has to be funded by the NRL and only gets small home ground crowds when theres an area like the Central Coast that has been screaming out for their own team for years now. (not a relocated one like Northern Eagles but their OWN team) They have already shown that they can support themselves via John Singleton and the local area .
They would kill for there own team. The NRL needs to swallow there pride and admit that they will never "crack " the Victorian market or get more than just minor interest and support behind the Storm. AFL will always rule there, its the Vics religion. They will never embrace League cause it doesnt interest them. The NRL tried the WA market and Adelaide market but they both failed but they wont admit failure in Victoria because they couldnt handle failing to break the AFL Victorian market and admit defeat in the silly rivalry between the codes. Im open to expanding the code but it needs to be done sensibly and in the areas that will embrace it.
Sorry but a team in melbourne is a waste of talented footballers.
The average Vic public couldnt give a rats.
samsy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2008, 04:27 AM   #75
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
Not quiet the grand final I was after but it will do :P
Quiet you! :
Old 28-09-2008, 11:46 AM   #76
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsy351
I cant agree with having a Melbourne team in the comp that has to be funded by the NRL and only gets small home ground crowds when theres an area like the Central Coast that has been screaming out for their own team for years now. (not a relocated one like Northern Eagles but their OWN team) They have already shown that they can support themselves via John Singleton and the local area .
They would kill for there own team. The NRL needs to swallow there pride and admit that they will never "crack " the Victorian market or get more than just minor interest and support behind the Storm. AFL will always rule there, its the Vics religion. They will never embrace League cause it doesnt interest them. The NRL tried the WA market and Adelaide market but they both failed but they wont admit failure in Victoria because they couldnt handle failing to break the AFL Victorian market and admit defeat in the silly rivalry between the codes. Im open to expanding the code but it needs to be done sensibly and in the areas that will embrace it.
Sorry but a team in melbourne is a waste of talented footballers.
The average Vic public couldnt give a rats.
Not really. There has been quite a few Storm home games sold out this year and last year at Olympic Park, with club membership doubling since a couple of years ago. The atmosphere at homes games is huge, a heap of people are getting into it down here.
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2008, 02:34 PM   #77
samsy351
351XB - Underbelly II Car

The Storm only came in at 13th this year for the highest average home crowds. This was taken from Rugby League Week September.
Not big crowds really
they averaged just 12,474 per home game

My opinion is that I just dont think they should be there before the
Central Coast.

Last edited by samsy351; 28-09-2008 at 02:40 PM.
samsy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2008, 07:58 PM   #78
XR8TeddyBear
Natures OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
Quiet you! :
LOL :

Now for next week. There will NOT be a continuation of the chocking that is usually seen ........ bloody well better not be :

Edit: Damn .... am in Hubby's logon ........ tis really MotherNature ;) He would never post such about Manly .... he goes for the Sharks :alien2:
XR8TeddyBear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2008, 08:59 PM   #79
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Finally its come to the 2 most consistant teams of the season, fitting GF should be a rippa....
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #80
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Go STORM

Hopefully they beat mainly as they did a yr ago : 34 -8 :
Old 29-09-2008, 12:32 PM   #81
FordSteve
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsy351
I cant agree with having a Melbourne team in the comp that has to be funded by the NRL
Im sure New Limited are doing the major funding for the Storm, without them I doubt a Melbourne side would have lasted this long to be honest.
FordSteve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 08:03 PM   #82
SLY XR8
Who's your Daddy now

Its no differant to what the AFL do with interstate teams fund them..

The storm has been made up of players that no one wantedand look at what they have done over the last 10 years... Grandfinal winners in their second season and after the weekend in Back to Backas well.

GO THE STORM...