Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-02-2007, 03:59 PM   #61
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GT
Bought a new GT.
Salesman insited that I listen to the person selling the tint / car alarm / data dot. The person trying to sell me the products was female, top opened to navel and mini skirt pulled up to her neck
Regards
Paul
Got to know the semi naked girl here after buying 2 cars, then after buying car 3,

sales doll:lets sit down and get this organised
me: we know it's rubbish, you have done well from me the last 2 times but not again thanks
sales doll: laughs, then says here have a look at my sales sheet, i still catch 90% of them.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 04:14 PM   #62
FPV GT
I Like To Shake It

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Got to know the semi naked girl here after buying 2 cars, then after buying car 3,

sales doll:lets sit down and get this organised
me: we know it's rubbish, you have done well from me the last 2 times but not again thanks
sales doll: laughs, then says here have a look at my sales sheet, i still catch 90% of them.
At one stage a local dealer had a him and a her sales bod.
A perfect set up was to have my girl go into the dealership and insist on the sales chick, and chat her up for better price. I canned the idea because my girl would have gone and done it........and bugger got a better deal than I could have

2016 S550 TY GT Coupe....some loud bits and some glass bits

I like My GT SHAKEN, and Blown
Happiness is a TY S550, a 1911 semi automatic, and the Lovey Lizzie by my side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lizzie
whilst looking at man riding a pee wee 50
"That sure does nothing for his masculinity"
FPV GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 04:21 PM   #63
henry_ford
order taker

hey. FPV GT? do you still meet at Power Ford once a week?
henry_ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #64
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Rob
Yeah, that's always a classic. Once the pressure's off and they don't really have to deliver on it, they become all matey about it. Wouldn't it be great to have a mate who also wanted the same car and when they pull the, "I could have done a better price..." stunt, you say, "Well here's my mate, do it for him..." and watch their face drop as, simultaneously, their testicles withdraw into their stomach through fear that they have been caught out on one too many bullshit promises and they might have to deliver.
November 17th 2006 I walked up to the local Ford dealer looking for a new LPG powered wellside ute (falcon) , had a chat to a sales bloke explaining it was related to the confirmation of a new contract due in around 3 weeks or so , left a card and got a tentitive price after wading through all the fleet buy rubbish .Four weeks later I hadnt heard a thing about the sale so had the wife call another dealer for a phone price cash
( mid 20k) and then drove down to see the local bloke again , not only did he put the price up but failed to relialize it was a repeat conversation , I walked with him crapping on all the way to my car and eventually when at home emailed the principle about the poor service ( got a pretty ****ed off response too), rang the other dealer and made the buy even cheaper . All in all a disapointing experience and I wonder where these fools come from , we were going to buy and at the right price was a foregone but he simply didnt bother to follow it up .
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 05:02 PM   #65
henry_ford
order taker

that mid 20k price for a new lpg ute seems amazingly cheap.
emailing the principle. its kind of like a kindergarten in a car yard sometimes. a very apt name.
glad you bought the Ford somewhere though.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #66
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Interesting stories.

I work as the stock controller for several dealerships as part of a group.

The dealer principal of this dealership is a very hands on and good bloke to deal with.

If he knew of things like this happening in any one of the 6 dealerships he is in charge of, people would not last here long at all.

You have to expect that city dealers will under cut those small dealers because they can cop the loss easier. Though people need to realise that $500 less from the city dealer will likely end up not worth it due to the poor service and treatment you'll get once you've signed the dotted line.

It is a tad annoying when especially used car sales men will say "Sorry, don't have that, but I have this".. come on, they are a SALES PERSON. It is what they are paid to do.

And finally, just to give a clear indiciation to those who may not understand, a bigger majority of new cars sold are sold at very small gross profits and in a lot of cases the dealership will lose money on new car sales. These losses are usually offset by the service departments.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:55 PM   #67
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2monty
In what way are they hard work? If I was paying 40000, 50000 on a car I reckon I have a right to be hard work. The biggest insult is when you're paying this amount of money and they want to slug you an extra $300 for metallic paint. Now would I be hard work if I haggled to get that thrown in?
Excellent point and question!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 06:59 PM   #68
Rob
Living the dream

I was a car salesman for a while, worked at Werribee Chrysler Jeep. Never again, hated it with a passion. The car sales industry is shameful, no matter what anyone says.

:jab:
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 07:00 PM   #69
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRC
Wrong. It can change from day to day. Even at "reputable' dealers. I'm thinking of a 2nd hand Honda dealership in Perth and I know for a fact that this went on.
Would the price on a Japanese, or indeed any "imported car" go up and down a little with currency fluctuations, or am I gravely mistaken?

A falcon (ie cars made in Aus) wouldn't have this pressure.

John?

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 06-02-2007, 07:04 PM   #70
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by banarcus
Used car dealers: Went for a look at a particular BA Fairmont V8. Nice car and I had spoken to the dealer boss about a test drive,

Boss: Come around on the weekend mate, bring your family and take it for an hour.
Me: Righto mate, I'll be here Saturday.

Come back on Saturday. Little boss was there. I told him about the prior arrangement with his boss but I needed to put in a baby seat in the back so my wife and I could drive together.

Little boss: No mate, its not race driver day today(whilst looking at the 19inch rubber).
Me: You're sadly mistaken if you think I'm going to burn your precious rubber mate. Who do you think I am? Can't you see that black SV8 over there with my family in it? That would leave this(Fairmont) for dead so dont give me race driver, kicker whatever!

My wife and I go down the road and buy a BA2 XR8. When I pick it up, I then drive to the original used car lot and show them what they missed out on: A fair dinkum buyer!

And guess what? They are still trying to sell that car!
I like stories like this one!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 06-02-2007, 07:23 PM   #71
WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry_ford
oh for sure thats true. i was i guess responding to the post where somone said that used cars were way to expensive. as they become older stock they are always reduced. its not often that they are put up just for the sake of it. i have seen it happen if the car was worked on. new gearbox ect. but thats about it. as a rule they are priced with a certain amount of room to move. it would be silly if they were not because most people expect a discount. dont you think?
I know of cars that have sold for more one day than their pink slip listed them for the day before. And I'm not talking about $100 either. And no work occurred between one day and the next apart from re-writing the pink slip.
WRC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 07:27 PM   #72
WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout
And finally, just to give a clear indiciation to those who may not understand, a bigger majority of new cars sold are sold at very small gross profits and in a lot of cases the dealership will lose money on new car sales. These losses are usually offset by the service departments.
That might be the numbers you see, but I can guarantee with bonuses/holdbacks etc from the factory that the dealership NEVER loses money on a car.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:36 PM   #73
Poetic Justice

Not sure on some makes WRC, but for Toyota:

Bonuses are taken into account when working out if a deal is feasible even if it's at a $500 loss just to get the business.

Holdback is not used for the deals, it is used for the dealership and not really taken into account when looking at the gross profit in a deal.

The dealership DOES make money, but it may not be that to offset a loss and is always used for other purposes other than to show gross for the cars sold.

GK - for new cars it's not a concern for a dealer. They effectively buy the vehicles off the manufacturer for the wholesale price. The manufacturer would deal with those issues.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:12 PM   #74
snailracing

My Grandfather a few years ago want to update his Pejero, Goes into the local mitsi dealer in his typical dress (Work shorts, works shirt, and floppy brim hat), and waits, and waits, and waits. 15 min he waits for some one to come out to talk to him! He's opened car doors, bonnets, back doors, done all the "i'm interested" things but still now one came out.
Gets in his car and drives away. As he's driving down the road he spots the new Nissan Pathfinder. Pulls over to have a look. Streight away a salesman see's him looking and comes out and says hello. Grandad 45min later drives away in a brand new Pathfinder that was $7,500 more expensive than the New Pejero.
From the same Nissan dealership he ends up buying 3 more cars AND get all his vehicle servicing done through them!
About a month after the sale he gets a call from the Mitsi yard - "Mr Guilford your Warrent Of Fitness is due this month, would you like to book it in?" (NZ W.O.F is six months or yearly on newer vehicles)
GD "No that won't be nessecery, I no longer own that vehicle"
Dealer "Oh did you buy a new Pajero from another dealer?"
GD "No I drive a Nissan now, I brought it after I waited 15min on your yard for someone to serve me!"
Dealer "Oh, I'm sorry, Well, OK then, Have a nice day"
GD "No worries, and i'm about to have a great day, I'm about to go in and pickup my new maxima! (Which he wasn't but it had been ordered!)

Seen it happen in sales all the time - People underestimate their customers all the time!
Man I could tell some stories about how I've done the same thing! Still learning, but hay, you always are!
snailracing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 08:50 PM   #75
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try new car shopping and being under 30!!!!

Dealer 1:
Westpoint For Werribee
I walked into a ford dealer on friday 2 a week and a half ago. Priced up a BF2 XR6 and a BF2 XR6t. Salesman was reasonably quick to approach me, but as soon as i told him what i was looking for, he backed away slightly, and basically wrote down a rrp on both cars on the back of his business card. I had to ask for a brochure, and offer my details to him.

Dealer 2:Ballan Holden werribee
Holden dealer, went in wandered the empty showroom for 15 minutes. There were over 10 staff in the showroom and offices and i couldnt get anyone interested in helping me. By this stage the wife has rolled in on her way home from work and finally i had to ask someone for some info and to have a good look through the car. Was given a brochure, and again a rrp on a business card.

Dealer 3:
Rex Gorell Ford in geelong
Was not even looked at. Could have been on fire and no one would have seen me! Now i'm a builder, so every time i've walked in it's been after work, or while i'm out running around so i've been in yakka shorts and a polo shirt and boots, always look neat when dealing with clients, so i was hardly looking like a bogan with no cash!
I was soooooo annoyed, but again, approached a salesman after almost 20 minutes of standing around, sitting in the cars etc. he took me into his office, looked up my name on the computer and founf out the missus had already been in and got a price on an xr6 and an xr5 focus. Just stood up and said so yeah, go talk to you missus, she's got the info. I was like what??!!!!???? What about my request for a price on the xr6t at least? Was told "just add 5 grand" and the ***** walked out!!!!???!!!

Dealer 4:
Smith Holden in geelong:Walked in to again speak to someone about a VE SS and a VE SV6. Salesman that was free was too busy chatting up the office girl. Went and asked, and he simply said "sorry champ, we dont have a manual sv6 in the yard, and one of the salesman has our demo manual SS at home. I was like um yeah.... price? info? anything? Told me just to come back the next week!!

Dealer 5:
Rex Gorell Nissan geelong
Priced a Turbo Diesel twin cab Navara ST-X 4x4. Was told they are hard to get at the moment, given a brochure and told just to call up every few weeks to see what they have got their hands on??!!!!!????!!!?!?!?!?!?! Are these people for real??!!

Dealer 6:
Winter and Taylor Holden geelong.
Was shown very vaugely through the car, and told if i was keen, we could organise a time this week to dig a manual SV6 and SS out of the holding yard and go for a drive. Was given a proper quote, and treated decently, but no folow up.

Dealer 7:
Connells Subaru geelong
Could not speak more highly of the service i recieved here. I was approached in a decent and helpful manner, shown right through every fine detail of all 4 variants of the liberty, and basically asked which ones i wanted the keys to, no questions or hesitations. Threw the trade plates on a brand new liberty wagon and went for a half an hour test drive. On return i was provided with 3 very detailed printed quotes, and the ball left in my court.

If i was to buy on dealer merit, i would definately buy from the saleman i spoke with at Connells. Was treated seriously and with respect. I'm not in need of dealer finance, and i deal straight down the line for an easy smooth no fuss sale.

Just made me angry that people 10 years older than me were walking into the showroom while i was in there and instantly the sales staff had their lips glued to their bum!

I work bloody hard, and conduct myself professionally in business dealings, and get treated like a tyre kicker, and what frustrates me the most, is i knew more about the cars that some of these salesman. Had to keep checking their little sales card!!

So basically, i WILL NOT be buying from any of the first 6 dealers. Will go to the dealers in Colac this week and try again!
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 09:00 PM   #76
Falchoon

I will tell of my experience of buying my one and only new car before I reply to some of the other comments.

I knew from my experience on various internet forums what XR6Ts were all about and what their retail price was worth. I went into the dealer and said what's your best price and after much calculater punching and consulting with managers he showed me a price that was RRP! I told him that I knew this was RRP and I thought he was going to do me a "deal". Can't do he said because cars are in such demand and short supply (late 2002). So why go through the charade of doing me a "deal"?

At the time I worked for a large education facility so I went back and asked my fleet manager if there was anything he could do. He came back to me a few days later with a better price. So I went back to the original dealer and asked again if there was any "deal" they could do for me. No, same story about availability etc. So you won't honour this quote, I said pulling out the fleet manager's quote. Salesman was ****ed off, probably because he could see a reduced commission, but reluctantly agreed except for the dealer delivery charges claiming fleet and private are different (about half price for fleet) and there was no negotiation on the matter. Anyway I decided that was about the best deal I was going to get so signed up.

The salesman was a pleasant enough bloke, but had poor product knowledge of the specs and accessories of the XR6T and was waffling on with crap the whole time we were on the test drive. I knew heaps more than him but just let him go on if it would make him feel better.

A recent positive experience I had with a new car salesman was when I booked my XR6T in at the (same) dealer for a service. As I was walking out I noticed there was a new Force 6 and a Typhoon sitting next to each ither so I stopped to look and compare and came to the conclusion that the F6 was much better value. Anyway as a saleman came out just as I was about to leave and asked if I wanted a test drive! I declined as I was still working and had just dropped in to book my car in for service. Nice to offer anyway. Isn't it always the way though, when you don't really need/want to see a salesman they are all over you and when you are cashed up and decided what you want you can't find one for love or money!

Last edited by Falchoon; 06-02-2007 at 09:10 PM.
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 09:04 PM   #77
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
that mid 20k price for a new lpg ute seems amazingly cheap.
emailing the principle. its kind of like a kindergarten in a car yard sometimes. a very apt name.
glad you bought the Ford somewhere though.
I think if I ever have to buy another holden I will slash my wrists , I hate the brand after some of the rubbish a certain dealership put me through , sued them blind though , the ute was a good deal but I used the business owning 4 other vehicals as a lever
( plus 4 privately owned) and we installed a lot of gear in the principles home ( mostly av)
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 09:08 PM   #78
RATT

schmidty, are you actually looking to buy a car?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 09:09 PM   #79
WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout
The dealership DOES make money, but it may not be that to offset a loss and is always used for other purposes other than to show gross for the cars sold.
This was of course my point. It's just accounting shenanigans.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:14 PM   #80
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
schmidty, are you actually looking to buy a car?

Yeah i am!!!
No sane person would go through 2 days of hassle with uninterested dealers for a look.

Within the next couple of weeks if all works out well
Old 06-02-2007, 09:16 PM   #81
Falchoon

Quote:
mate. you would almost have to set fire to a dealership to get sacked there are that few decent sales people out there. at least we struggle to find any one who knows the product. isnt a moron. turns up every day with out a hangover. doesnt lie to every customer. and speaks english reasonably well.
the bar is not set all that high.

Sounds like my work..the manager is too afraid to chat anyone for stuffing up etc in case they get the sh!ts and leave and the big boss won't replace them or if they are replaced it will be with someone worse.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:22 PM   #82
RATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty
Yeah i am!!!
No sane person would go through 2 days of hassle with uninterested dealers for a look.

Within the next couple of weeks if all works out well
I'm only asking because of the variety of cars you looked at.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 09:23 PM   #83
Falchoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GT
Bought a new GT.
Salesman insited that I listen to the person selling the tint / car alarm / data dot. The person trying to sell me the products was female, top opened to navel and mini skirt pulled up to her neck

Her "Can I interest you in paint protection?"
Me. "No thanks, I have an very good friend who ownes a panel shop and will be looking after the duco"
Maybe instead of being smart with her a simple "no thank you, not interested" would of sufficed.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:28 PM   #84
Falchoon

Quote:
at the end of the day for all the research in the world if you buy a new car it has to be from a dealer. even if you use a broker they still call us. we quote them they add 500 to it and quote you.. the car still has to come from us though. i wish the world worked out that brokers are un neccessary leaches on our industry.

So why not just quote the customer the good price in the beginning instead of stuffing around with RRP? Just a general comment about car salesman and not one directed personally at you. A broker can save a potentiel buyer much stress and legwork, not to mention $$. Maybe Schmity ought to have used one but I'm sure RATT will look after him now.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:34 PM   #85
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
I'm only asking because of the variety of cars you looked at.

Manual XR6 (leather and 18's) and SV6 (with leather and curtain air bags) came in at 47k on road

Manual XR6T (with leather and 18's) and SS Came in at 53k on road (leather luxury pack includes curtain airbags) Only diff between sv6 and ss is engine, rear spoiler is 30mm higher, and quad pipes for ss and twin for sv6

And the liberty 3.0R wagon was around the same as the SS and Xr6t

So i really only compared 2 models from ford and holden within 5k of each other, and my best mate drives a new Liberty 3.0R Spec B wagon and thats one hell of a nice car so the wife wanted to look into that as well.

Trying to weigh up, as much as i want one, weather or not to get an SS/Xr6t because monday to friday she drives to work in melb - about a 250km round trip each day so fuel economy is a consideration. As is the increased rego, insurance and servicing. It'll do 1500 + km per week.

The Navara was to possibly be an upgrade for my ute, made a brief enquiry on a hilux too, but the equivalent to the navara was 10k more. So didnt even bother with a brochure on that one!
Old 06-02-2007, 10:44 PM   #86
Tles
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Same dealers - same concerns here. Watch Connell's though they are one of those nice to your face type - prestige dealer. Try Ballarat, even Echuca too. Country dealers seem to be offering best compromise as they are doing it tough and need sales volume.

I'd rather a poor dealer approach if the deal is good. Money talks bulls walk.

See if the Mrs. would consider a turbo diesel as they can cover those Kms for little bucks and a 18month old diesel with 60000 highway clicks will be worth a lot more than a petrol. Subies and Mazdas have top reps for reliability over the ks though. I'd recommend the Mazda 6 Luxury TD Hatch or limited Wagon, Peugeot 307, or there is supposed to be a Focus Diesel coming. Alternatively a crossover/SUV like the new Freelander2 diesel or a Pathfinder/ Prado which will all eat up the highway clicks and keep good resale.
Don't immediately discount the Hilux as it is a great piece of kit with the new D4D and almost a car with the extra room in the back. Great resale and cred too. Get a good ute and you can skimp on the car a little (above cars all nice cars still) in the interest of not wearing it out on the Melb Rd.

If not diesel then I'd look at either a Mazda MPS or CX7, 6 Luxury Sports Hatch - Sub Liberty or Outback, Honda Accord Euro, XR5 Turbo or even a Fairmont SFLPG.
Tles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 04:59 AM   #87
FPV GT
I Like To Shake It

Quote:
hey. FPV GT? do you still meet at Power Ford once a week?
We meet the second Tuesday of each month.
I do not think I could handle that much laughter every week.

Regards
Paul

2016 S550 TY GT Coupe....some loud bits and some glass bits

I like My GT SHAKEN, and Blown
Happiness is a TY S550, a 1911 semi automatic, and the Lovey Lizzie by my side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lizzie
whilst looking at man riding a pee wee 50
"That sure does nothing for his masculinity"
FPV GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 08:48 AM   #88
henry_ford
order taker

I remember well setting up the chairs and tables for your meetings. i think we stole more than one biscuit from the tray. chuckle.
Also remember the old service manager there standing up and discussing the Boss 5.4l all alloy block v8. that got some laughs.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:39 AM   #89
Poetic Justice

schmidty: If you're interested in the Navara ST-X 4X4 drop me a PM I can give you pricing etc.

I've got a blue opal (similar to blueprint style light blue) manual turbo diesel coming in this month, but once that's sold we wont see another at our dealership until april.

Auto turbo diesel is alot more available, and so is any V6 variant.

It is true though, the D40 Navara ST-X has been very hard to come by. They are produced in Spain and the supply has been very strained, though, with the discontinuation of the D22 Navara ST-R we are told it will start to free up...

Hilux's I can get easily enough in any form..
Old 07-02-2007, 01:55 PM   #90
Ringo
I see you....

Dealership stories for you. I used to work in German Prestige as a tech.

Moron salesman (who always used to struggle with the technology in the cars he was selling) was delivering a car to a couple who had waited 4 months to get the car as they had put down the order before it was released. They said it looks great, but we ordered a automatic - Whoopsies.

2 Asian fellows wearing slacks n brightly coulored jumpers walked in to the showroom one Saturday afternoon. Were greeted and shown the big luxury sedan ($200k-$240k+ stamp duty etc) that they were interested in, took it for a drive and it was all good. We sold perhaps one or two of these things a month. Back at the dealership the two gents stepped off to one side and had a little discussion, then came back to the salesmen and said "Yes - we will take 7 of them".

The kicker was that they were at another dealer earlier in the day and were disapointed with how they were treated and walked talking their $1.4 mill worth of business elsewhere. We ended up getting cars shipped from other dealers within Aus to fill the order. Later on when the cars where due for service they used to turn up without a booking and have a service done while they waited regardless of how much work we already had to do....the dealer principle used to supervise the whole thing....very funnny stuff

Once a driver locked his keys in the boot of his car while he was at a country golf club about 200 k's from the city. We got the key code from our computer system, cut the key for his lock and then I drove 2 hours out so I could drop off his key to him. He was in the 19th hole (getting drunk) after playing his round - his mates were stunned at the service, I had to refuse the drink he offered (I was on P's)
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post