Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-05-2011, 11:26 PM   #61
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Road Rule Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingoTE50
Who were you ? XB351Coupe ?
Ahh - you have no idea of the situ . Nice assumption you made .

As for being better of being off the road and on a bus , who the hell do you think you, are you clown , you do not know me, or my driving history .
How much driver training have you had ? Never ever broken the speed limit ? Ever ? Not even overtaking on the open road ? You are kidding me right ...
This is an Internet forum. People jump at the first opportunity to put someone else down. Makes them feel better. They don't care about anyone else on this forum.
You Need skin like leather on the Internet. It's full of cruel people who just don't care.

I have noticed on this forum it has a bit higher rate of people who love to put other forum members down compared to other forums I am on.
Personal satisfaction I guess. Thinks it proves there point better.

I will not be surprised if I get abused for making this post.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2011, 11:33 PM   #62
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
This is an Internet forum. People jump at the first opportunity to put someone else down. Makes them feel better. They don't care about anyone else on this forum.
You Need skin like leather on the Internet. It's full of cruel people who just don't care.

I have noticed on this forum it has a bit higher rate of people who love to put other forum members down compared to other forums I am on.

Haha, no abuse, just an observation...

You are aware that the traits you see in others, are generally traits you yourself hold...

Just some food for thought

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #63
Zero_PSI
Banned

I believe it would reduce the toll but not eliminate it.

Only way to stop the road toll is to ban driving.
Zero_PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2011, 11:56 PM   #64
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FgNewbie
Don't pick on poor Roos. Skippy looks before crossing
hahahaha love that pic. very cool.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2011, 02:45 PM   #65
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezzy
Haha, no abuse, just an observation...

You are aware that the traits you see in others, are generally traits you yourself hold...

Just some food for thought

Maybe that is why I only remember the screen names of nice people lol
Old 04-05-2011, 06:56 PM   #66
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

The answer to OP's question is 'absolutely not'. It fails, among many items, to realise the impact of vehicle design construction regulations, road design and specification criteria and how all that plays out.

Then lifes realities; trees, wildlife, weather, behaviour when within road law - but still insufficient.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #67
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_PSI
I believe it would reduce the toll but not eliminate it.

Only way to stop the road toll is to ban driving.
And what actual evidence do you have that it will not INCREASE the road toll.

Please note that "It is just logical" or "Common sense" are opinions not evidence.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #68
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

I was once travelling on the old road from Sydney city to the airport in the pouring rain, 80 in a 60 zone trying to catch a plane and was overtaken by a cement truck doing at least 100.
A truck carting bags of cement or a concrete mixer?, I gather you mean the latter? Not that it probably matters in terms of the danger presented, but just raising the distinction as a thinking point.
sudszy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #69
bingoTE50
Steve

Quote:

No problem with me , your correct. I responded to a personal attack that was made in a holier than thou attitude. I cannot tolerate keyboard warriors who peddle that kind of tripe.Then you do a bit of a dig on their threads and you find out they are reformed habitual offender . Hypocrites ...
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2011, 11:12 PM   #70
JimNiki
71Mach1

99% of all avoidable road accidents are caused by incompetent idiots driving Toyotas because they think the car will make up for their lack of common sense and common courtesy!

Ok, I am exaggerating, but they are over represented...
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
JimNiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2011, 11:25 PM   #71
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ahh - you have no idea of the situ . Nice assumption you made . If you really believe the Government ,the cameras save lives . BS. I have no issue paying the fine at all, I know I went over the speed limit ,not a problem,circumstantial not habitual..

As for being better of being off the road and on a bus , who the hell do you think you, are you clown , you do not know me, or my driving history .
How much driver training have you had ? Never ever broken the speed limit ? Ever ? Not even overtaking on the open road ? You are kidding me right ...
Realistically my driver training is not relevant to your speeding habits and lack of attention whilst driving, but since you ask I am happy to tell you I have had a LOT of driver training, and have been a professional driver for over 20 years, often clocking up 1000's of km's per week. I might also tell that I play a large part in weather people get to hold a drivers license in the first place.

I never said I never broke the speed limit, but I probably did today at some point, but I realise the dangers, and I have the foresight to be aware of my surroundings especially at what is up ahead, what vehicles are parked on the side of the road, what signage is up ahead well before I get there, generally spot the speed camera warning sign well before I get there. And even if I miss the sign I general notice the brake light of cars coming on well ahead of me drawing attention to the fact that something is up (like a speed camera or police radar trap)

So generally I find that the only people who get booked by cameras are not only speeding but also not paying attention to the road up ahead, otherwise you would have seen the camera well before you get there. So eventually the cameras will add to road safety as they get the speeding AND un attentive drivers off the road. Speeding and attentive is not as bad as speeding and un attentive IMO.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2011, 11:42 PM   #72
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe
Realistically my driver training is not relevant to your speeding habits and lack of attention whilst driving, but since you ask I am happy to tell you I have had a LOT of driver training, and have been a professional driver for over 20 years, often clocking up 1000's of km's per week. I might also tell that I play a large part in weather people get to hold a drivers license in the first place.

I never said I never broke the speed limit, but I probably did today at some point, but I realise the dangers, and I have the foresight to be aware of my surroundings especially at what is up ahead, what vehicles are parked on the side of the road, what signage is up ahead well before I get there, generally spot the speed camera warning sign well before I get there. And even if I miss the sign I general notice the brake light of cars coming on well ahead of me drawing attention to the fact that something is up (like a speed camera or police radar trap)

So generally I find that the only people who get booked by cameras are not only speeding but also not paying attention to the road up ahead, otherwise you would have seen the camera well before you get there. So eventually the cameras will add to road safety as they get the speeding AND un attentive drivers off the road. Speeding and attentive is not as bad as speeding and un attentive IMO.
...in conclusion, you're no better than the bloke that got caught speeding.
You admit that you do speed, you just haven't been caught.

Same kettle of fish I'm afraid.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:57 PM   #73
Fireblade
Wizard Member

So, me saying I speed everywhere but don't get caught because I can spot cameras and hairdryers from a distance makes me an awesome driver, sweeeeeeeet, I'm awesome.

Last edited by Fireblade; 04-05-2011 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Spelling
Fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #74
bingoTE50
Steve

Quote:
You just don't get it .Attentive to what ? The side of the road,when all advanced driving courses would not insist you scan the side of the road for radars or police behind bushs or fixate on your speedo. Not the ones I have done.Send a email to Ian Luff Motivation and ask him.
Mate , I am approaching 50 yrs old ,I have not had an accident whilst driving and I averaged 45k a year myself in the last three years. But you still assume that I am a menace or a risk, and that is why I cannot cop your criticism, which is personal, a generlisation and a broad assumption.
I have seen your previous threads where you openly admit you were a habitual speed merchant ,but now you are reformed and for six years now you have not been booked. Congratulations ,but it does not give you the right to insinuate that I should be catching buses.
As I said on another thread , Alcoholics are only sober until their next drink,once a alcoholic ,always a alcoholic....now there is a generlisation for you.
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2011, 08:13 PM   #75
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Quote:
You just don't get it .Attentive to what ? The side of the road,when all advanced driving courses would not insist you scan the side of the road for radars or police behind bushs or fixate on your speedo. Not the ones I have done.Send a email to Ian Luff Motivation and ask him.
Mate , I am approaching 50 yrs old ,I have not had an accident whilst driving and I averaged 45k a year myself in the last three years. But you still assume that I am a menace or a risk, and that is why I cannot cop your criticism, which is personal, a generlisation and a broad assumption.
I have seen your previous threads where you openly admit you were a habitual speed merchant ,but now you are reformed and for six years now you have not been booked. Congratulations ,but it does not give you the right to insinuate that I should be catching buses.
As I said on another thread , Alcoholics are only sober until their next drink,once a alcoholic ,always a alcoholic....now there is a generlisation for you.
This is a well thought out post, I can't really fault it *without turning into a picky bastard.*
My father NEVER speeds on purpose, he got done coming through Ardrossan just after the change from 100 to 80 last year, from memory he was doing about 95.
Just goes to show sometimes the best of drivers lose concentration, so I see where you're coming from.

I'll admit that today I sped (approx 5-10kms over the speed limit) when accelerating uphill after work, I was tired and wasn't paying attention to my speedo till I noticed I was going a bit quick.
I often go 5-10kms over the speed limit when overtaking because I feel it is safer to go a bit faster so that you spend less time on the wrong side of the road.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:14 PM   #76
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
I might also tell that I play a large part in weather people get to hold a drivers license in the first place.
Does that mean it's your fault that quite a few of those that do hold drivers licenses are crappy drivers???

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 05-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #77
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In XB GS351s defense, he is right if he is refering to the fixed speed cameras in NSW regarding being attentive.
After all, there are usually 3 big signs telling you that you are approaching a camera and the camera itself sticks out like a third nut on a greyhound. If after three big signs and a third nut you still don't realise there is a speed camera in your midst, you probably do deserve said ticket for being a goose, or asleep!

Of course this means little in Vic, QLD SA, etc, where you are given no warning about where they are and more often than not the cameras in these states are mobile, not fixed. Whats more, as plenty of you know, cameras are usually hidden. Add to this the constant speed limit changes and it's very easy to be booked for speeding when not even meaning to speed.

Of course if he hasn't been out of Sydney for the last 10 years, he wouldn't have a clue about this and he is basing his comments on his own limited experience, so is ignorant of how hard they are to spot elsewhere.
XR6TCraig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #78
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
You just don't get it .Attentive to what ? The side of the road,when all advanced driving courses would not insist you scan the side of the road for radars or police behind bushs or fixate on your speedo. Not the ones I have done.Send a email to Ian Luff Motivation and ask him..
People that have mastered the simple task of not exceeding the speed limit dont need to constantly scan the side of the road for concealed cameras in letter boxes etc.

But good driving should have you not just checking in a straight line in front of you, but scanning to the sides and even glancing in the rear view occasionally!

Yep, I scan the side of the road especially when there are cars, objects that could be concealing persons that may unexpectedly move into my path etc, advanced driving schools dont recommend this?

Yes, and I see lots of "hidden cameras" around when doing that, I dont know if some are so well hidden that I havent seen them.....how would I?
Old 05-05-2011, 08:44 PM   #79
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Sudzy, you can't pretend that you've never sped in your whole time of driving a car.
It is human nature to make mistakes, nobody is perfect.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #80
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor_Evans
Sudzy, you can't pretend that you've never sped in your whole time of driving a car.
It is human nature to make mistakes, nobody is perfect.
Another strawman, but I can say one thing: Ive never had an accident, speeding fine, parking fine, library fine.....anyfine, nor have I accidently sped!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #81
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 05-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #82
Fireblade
Wizard Member

I got pushbike helmet fines as long as my arm as a teen does that make me a bad driver?

I accidently went 61 in 60 zone on the way to work today and my car exploded with alarms from the dash and my GPS.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #83
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudszy
Another strawman, but I can say one thing: Ive never had an accident, speeding fine, parking fine, library fine.....anyfine, nor have I accidently sped!
Okay, I'm willing to believe you. I've yet to meet someone who has not accidentally sped but I take people at face value until they prove themselves wrong.
I'll admit that excessive speed is dangerous but I'm not too fussed if someone is going 65 in a 60 zone.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #84
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

So you sped deliberately then.....

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #85
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
So you sped deliberately then.....
Im glad the subtleties of the language are indeed recognised by some.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:19 PM   #86
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

I'm sorry, perhaps if you'd spelt "accidentally" correctly I'd have understood the subtlety.
I just figured your knowledge of simple English text was lacking in refinement.
Silly me.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #87
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

I apologise, I just felt like giving the "I AM A BIG TOUGH GUY" game a try.
Seems like every second person on here is a master of it.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:23 PM   #88
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
The real world is not like playstation......
How good would it be if it was? Just turn damage off, and you can do what you like.

If everyone followed the road rules, it would rid us of accidents caused by failure to obey road rules, but not the other factors as already pointed out. So it would probably halve the road toll.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2011, 11:30 PM   #89
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Yes you have. You admitted it on this forum.
You stated that when you hear your speed alarm beep off you back off. The speed alarm only goes off once you exceed the limit it's set on
Old 05-05-2011, 11:55 PM   #90
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes you have. You admitted it on this forum.
You stated that when you hear your speed alarm beep off you back off. The speed alarm only goes off once you exceed the limit it's set on
May be his speed alert is set to 5km below the limit!?!?!? That way the alert can go off and he would not be speeding.

Quote:
Done the Ian Luff driving course, as well as several drifting course, as well as road craft, high speed driving (on a closed circuit with speed exceeding double the national speed limit and several cars on the track), and most recently a four day intensive driver safety course including thresh hold braking, emergency braking whilst avoiding obstacles. This course also included a three hour country road craft drive (on country back roads), and a three hour city drive, where the driver had to communicate hazards to the instructor, such as kids playing with a ball in a front years up ahead, a dog unrestrained walking along the foot path, groups of teenagers, road signs, crossings, approaching traffic lights and intersections, wild life, un even road surface, sand, gravel, mud etc on the road etc etc, you get the idea.

Very good course and teaches you a LOT about awareness, I have been a professional driver for over 20 years and it really opened my eyes to all the things I thought I knew but was doing wrong.

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 06-05-2011 at 12:06 AM.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post