Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-10-2014, 10:38 PM   #61
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New KIA 7 year warranty....Unlimited k's!

Well 7 years and features just sold a cerato to me. My first non Ford. Should be picking it up on weekend. I will keep you posted.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2014, 11:00 PM   #62
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Shame they dont make a really serious "fourbie", that a bloke can put big tyres and a lift kit under. I would be all over it like a rash.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2014, 12:27 AM   #63
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoDog68 View Post
I read lot of reviews including Car and Driver ones ... 2015 Genesis V8 (420hp and 13.6 quarter) with improved handling . It is second generation Genesis and in spirit reminiscent of LS400 which was a game changer. Best part is price 55k US with Ultimate pack.
Pity Hyundai Australia has no plans to sell them in OZ. Rest of the range is pretty average.
Genesis goes on sale here next month, no V8 though.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-10-2014, 12:54 AM   #64
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine just had its 1st birthday, and Kia wont backdate 7 yr warranty :(
Oh well, it still makes me smile to own it

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 24-10-2014, 03:37 PM   #65
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
That was on the powertrain only and non-transferable from the first to following owners.
Wish my SY TErritory ghia turbo had a "POWERTRAIN" only 10 year warranty.

I would be near on $7500,00 better off!! Phhaaarrrkkkin diff bushes/cvs drive shafts replacement/re aligning / centre bearing.. ECT ECT ECT with only 160 thou on the clock... so hardly to the moon and back like most prado/pajero /landcruisers. (yes i know -heavier duty suspension)
HULK EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2014, 05:42 PM   #66
Chopped
as in chopped

It's a shame the KIA Optima doesn't have a V6 as the design still catches my eye.
Old 24-10-2014, 09:56 PM   #67
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK EF View Post
Wish my SY TErritory ghia turbo had a "POWERTRAIN" only 10 year warranty.

I would be near on $7500,00 better off!! Phhaaarrrkkkin diff bushes/cvs drive shafts replacement/re aligning / centre bearing.. ECT ECT ECT with only 160 thou on the clock... so hardly to the moon and back like most prado/pajero /landcruisers. (yes i know -heavier duty suspension)
We just replaced a wheel bearing on a GQ Patrol that has a little over 100k on it. All up cost over $2k and that included a $900 tow.
Another one had a leaking head gasket which ended up costing over $5k, again it just just over 100k kms on it.

Think again if you think heavy duty 4wds are bullet proof.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2014, 10:11 AM   #68
usernametaken
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

04 Ownership

Our Genesis iCare program is the embodiment of our commitment to our ongoing service promise. You’ll enjoy the peace of mind of Australia’s first 5 year unlimited km warranty*, an inclusive service plan^ which includes a free scheduled service for the first 5 years or 75,000km (whichever comes first), 5 years of complimentary Hyundai Roadside Assist and much more.
And with a dedicated Genesis Customer Care Centre on 1800 121 600, this is a new standard of service that’s designed to stand the test of time.
usernametaken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2014, 03:24 AM   #69
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One month and 3500km in my Kia Cerato. Zero problems.
Nothing to ask them to fix at first service. (Unlike the mondeo which broke down on the highway the first day, and my BA, where I went backw ith a list)
In fact i like it a lot more than my Mondeo. 80% peak hour city driving but some interstate runs and I absolutely love this car.
7 year warranty sold it to me. If the factory is willing to back themselves to that extent they must believe its well built. The Mondeo really fell apart after a few years.
2 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2014, 07:38 AM   #70
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I might have mentioned it but the only main problem I have the Koreans is their 'new car smell'
You might have notice how much film is on the windows after parking in the sun? Thats all the crap leaching out of the plastics/glue.
Ive never seen it anywhere near as bad on Jap or Oz stuff.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:14 PM   #71
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
I might have mentioned it but the only main problem I have the Koreans is their 'new car smell'
You might have notice how much film is on the windows after parking in the sun? Thats all the crap leaching out of the plastics/glue.
Ive never seen it anywhere near as bad on Jap or Oz stuff.
Think of it as another bonus. You won't suffer a roach or rodent infestation.
Old 19-12-2014, 10:53 PM   #72
satria
FOXWHO

Tried really hard to make the Territory the right car for us but we just couldn't make it work against the Kia Sorento. Even the latest SZ Mk2 Titanium with all the fruit just didn't stack up against the $5000 cheaper Sorento.

We pick up our new KIA tomorrow morning! Very excited!
satria is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 21-12-2014, 10:37 PM   #73
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by satria View Post
Tried really hard to make the Territory the right car for us but we just couldn't make it work against the Kia Sorento. Even the latest SZ Mk2 Titanium with all the fruit just didn't stack up against the $5000 cheaper Sorento.

We pick up our new KIA tomorrow morning! Very excited!
Give us a review on it after you've had it a few days.
Did you go the diesel?

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Cashie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2014, 12:58 AM   #74
DJR David
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm currently in the usa on holiday and saw the new kia carnival in the flesh. Once it gets to oz it should take the market by storm, a very good looking people mover! Yes it is possible!
DJR David is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2014, 03:12 AM   #75
Rob1964

Guys guys guys get on them i've been researching 7seater suv's in deisel for a few months
& i drive an F6 so naturally looked at the territory but only 3yrs wty plus diff bush issues
scared me off, hyundai sante fe is the best looker but 5yr wty & dearer, we settled on the
KIA Sorento same under pinnings as the sante fe &7yrs wty plus we got the run out family
pack which includes reece tow bar, nudge bar,weathersheilds, side steps,floor mats &boot
mat- $3400 extras thrown in, for drive away price $39990 with 12 mths rego & they teed
up insurance for $606 a year BOOM! I know when i see a good deal, this will shake up the
market in a big way! Other makes step up to the plate or fall away its your choice.
Rob1964 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2014, 09:00 PM   #76
satria
FOXWHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashie View Post
Give us a review on it after you've had it a few days.
Did you go the diesel?
Yeah we bought the latest top of the line Platinum Diesel with the full family pack KIA are offering. Got it for an absolute steal. Due to the speed of the deal I managed to negotiate with the dealer they only had time to fit the side steps and windshields so it has to return for the tow bar and nudge bar to be fitted.

The car has been an absolute dream to drive, even loaded with 6 people and suit cases it has felt so roomy. It is ticking absolutely every box for us so far.

The car is very punchy, from a standing start at traffic lights it is very impressive with it's performance. The adjustable steering I'm finding works great, 2 days ago I preferred the sport mode which adds a bit of weight to the steering and yesterday after a whole day in the garden my arms were quite sore and I really enjoyed being able to make the steering as light as a feather at the touch of a button. Call me a wuss if you want but I enjoyed it!

The air con in the seats are incredible too, I can't imagine ever buying another new car without them. It's a luxury that definitely makes you not want to go back to the old way. Interior storage is very good too, we managed to fit our DSLR camera and the chunky user manuals in the glove box alone with space to spare, nifty cubby holes all over the place.

The infotainment unit is working a lot better than we were expecting, to be honest I sort of braced myself for it to be just a little underwhelming just so I wasn't disappointed but man it has just surpassed all my expectations. It pairs with your phone and downloads the phonebook almost instantly, the USB reader takes up to 64GB which for us is easily more than our whole CD collection I've ripped already to our PC. So far my USB has 11GB loaded up on it and the media player jumps between folders instantly displaying all the information without a hiccup. And there is no waiting time to read the data from start up, we are very impressed.

The navigation works really well, Speed limits are shown on the display which is customisable and you can set it to warn you if you are speeding with an alert through the stereo which I find is great!

The best part is we have all these features for the next 7 years because if anything breaks on it, it won't be our problem! Although saying that it seems to be built to a very high standard, the fit and finish of everything on it is very impressive!

Overall the car as you can tell is great, time to invest in some new waxes to keep it looking shmick!

Old 24-12-2014, 12:33 AM   #77
chookaradley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congrats Satria. They really are a very good car. As a mechanic I've seen them evolve over the years, and can say they are a very durable car. The 2.2 R series diesel is a gem. No doubt you will love it!!
chookaradley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2014, 02:49 AM   #78
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah we bought the latest top of the line Platinum Diesel with the full family pack KIA are offering. Got it for an absolute steal. Due to the speed of the deal I managed to negotiate with the dealer they only had time to fit the side steps and windshields so it has to return for the tow bar and nudge bar to be fitted.

The car has been an absolute dream to drive, even loaded with 6 people and suit cases it has felt so roomy. It is ticking absolutely every box for us so far.

The car is very punchy, from a standing start at traffic lights it is very impressive with it's performance. The adjustable steering I'm finding works great, 2 days ago I preferred the sport mode which adds a bit of weight to the steering and yesterday after a whole day in the garden my arms were quite sore and I really enjoyed being able to make the steering as light as a feather at the touch of a button. Call me a wuss if you want but I enjoyed it!

The air con in the seats are incredible too, I can't imagine ever buying another new car without them. It's a luxury that definitely makes you not want to go back to the old way. Interior storage is very good too, we managed to fit our DSLR camera and the chunky user manuals in the glove box alone with space to spare, nifty cubby holes all over the place.

The infotainment unit is working a lot better than we were expecting, to be honest I sort of braced myself for it to be just a little underwhelming just so I wasn't disappointed but man it has just surpassed all my expectations. It pairs with your phone and downloads the phonebook almost instantly, the USB reader takes up to 64GB which for us is easily more than our whole CD collection I've ripped already to our PC. So far my USB has 11GB loaded up on it and the media player jumps between folders instantly displaying all the information without a hiccup. And there is no waiting time to read the data from start up, we are very impressed.

The navigation works really well, Speed limits are shown on the display which is customisable and you can set it to warn you if you are speeding with an alert through the stereo which I find is great!

The best part is we have all these features for the next 7 years because if anything breaks on it, it won't be our problem! Although saying that it seems to be built to a very high standard, the fit and finish of everything on it is very impressive!

Overall the car as you can tell is great, time to invest in some new waxes to keep it looking shmick!

The seven year warranty is pretty hard to overlook, even if you are a diehard lover of another brand or brands, in any event the koreans seem to have put in a huge effort to improve their vehicles over the years.
if the other popular brands wish to keep market share they are going to have to come to the party imo.
Good luck with your new limo.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2014, 02:07 PM   #79
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Quote:

Great review, thanks.
Mirrors my impressions with my Sportage that I picked up in October.

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Cashie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2014, 02:52 PM   #80
satria
FOXWHO

I will repost a review in a while after the honeymoon phase is over. It's probably not the best to write a review on it after only a couple days of ownership as everything seems so great because of the previous car.

The only negatives towards the car I can pick at the moment where a couple of it's competitors were ahead is lack of blind spot warning and lack of adaptive cruise control/collision mitigation. Although as an overall package the Sorento is still miles in front of the competitors that did have those features.

One thing I have noticed is the bonnet is very short compared to some competitors, I had it parked next to a Territory and the Territory looked a fair bit larger in comparison. Although when you compare the specs like hip room across the rows, head room etc one would be slightly ahead by 10-15mm and then lose the next by 10-15mm so you could pretty well call it even. When on the road though I think the much longer bonnet on the Territory must have made it seem alot bigger. I don't mind though because it's alot less paint I have to keep waxed and the moonroof saves alot of headaches from not having to polish the whole roof!
Old 24-12-2014, 06:08 PM   #81
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have not been in anything with the adaptive cruise or blind spot warning, I could see the adaptive cruise being handy .......... I don't know whether I would like to get lazy and come to rely on it.
the blind spot warning I guess it would be good to have ........ but I just wonder if the time you spend focusing/squinting at the little led in the mirror , that you might actually be better off screwing your head around for a quick glance in all the mirrors to see where all the traffic is and assess the lane danger that way, I might be totally wrong but I'm thinking it's also a gadget I would not like to rely on instead of old fashioned being aware of where the traffic is around you.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2014, 12:57 AM   #82
Hawkeye84

KIA have moved leaps and bounds since its introduction to Australia in the early ninties. The appointment of Peter Schreyer has helped them bring out pretty sexy looking cars. One of my favourites is the Pro Ceed GT. Feels like you are driving euro - designwise and even dynamics. Great value for money.

If you guys are anywhere near the Australian Open next year, youll be in for a sneak peek for a couple of new models coming out in the new year ;)
Hawkeye84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2014, 10:20 AM   #83
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I cant comment on their service and warranty department as i have zero claims. The car has been perfect so far. My first non Ford in nearly 30 years and, frankly, my best buy.
Old 27-12-2014, 02:12 PM   #84
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

My sister in law bought a Kia, a little hatch. She bought it brand new a few year’s ago and has clocked up around 60 thousand klm’s and has not had a single problem with it, her and her husband are stout Holden people and this was their 1’st different brand vehicle and they are wrapped with it.
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2015, 08:58 PM   #85
RozRox

Gday all,we already have the Sz petrol atm and are deciding between 7seater cars and have shortlisted the following - Kia Carnival, the Sorrento, The Pajero. We are after a 7 seater and dont mind if it is people mover (6 pot preferred). The Kias have made it to the list due to the current deals and most importantly the 7yr warranty. However my heart desires the Pajero. If the Everest was launched i would not mind taking a look at that as well...
RozRox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2015, 10:36 PM   #86
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hold off on the Carnival, theres just about to be a new one released.

Current one's dynamics is fairly poor, and it still has lap sash belts. And people whinge about the Falcon being outdated...

Old 03-01-2015, 10:42 PM   #87
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
Hold off on the Carnival, theres just about to be a new one released.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/281612/2...ival-unveiled/
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2015, 02:51 AM   #88
RozRox

Thanks XR6 Martin & Big Damo. Yes i dont mind waiting for the updated Carnival as it looks heaps better...
RozRox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2015, 07:18 AM   #89
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh and perhaps consider the Citroen Grand Picasso, quite a good vehicle apparently though not as big as the KIA.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:26 PM   #90
Hawkeye84

double post

Last edited by Hawkeye84; 04-01-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Hawkeye84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post