Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-10-2005, 04:08 PM   #61
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Much, much better than the "Torana" TT concept from last year.
Old 13-10-2005, 04:13 PM   #62
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Woweee, that looks awesome.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 04:20 PM   #63
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Posted that it was an fj on 5/ 10 /2005 so there was no need to think it was top secret

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 04:27 PM   #64
paul7v7
bring it on

looks fuggin awesome...me want...now Ford should release a version of the 49 Merc
Old 13-10-2005, 05:01 PM   #65
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
Posted that it was an fj on 5/ 10 /2005 so there was no need to think it was top secret
The name isnt what people wanted, it was photos of whatever the concept car looked like, and the media - as usual, were allowed to get there first, also it was the media, who released the name of the car last week.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 05:06 PM   #66
EA2BA
PM me if you want

I honestly hate it, does absolutely nothing for me, nothing against Holden at all, if Ford did same thing, I would still hate it, I may be minority here, but who cares.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 05:22 PM   #67
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All it needs is custom numberplates with "PIMPN" written on it. That is just an awesome concept
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 05:34 PM   #68
XRated
Shoot.

Ah nice to see something so radical from an Oz car manufacturer. Looks mad!! It'd look better with the back wheel fully hidden though (like on the Cadzilla).

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 05:52 PM   #69
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul7v7
looks fuggin awesome...me want...now Ford should release a version of the 49 Merc
They did, 4 years ago.

2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 06:34 PM   #70
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

Purdy
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 07:01 PM   #71
BOSS 540
70 Mercury Eliminator

Where's the FORDS?, Channel 10's coverage of the SMS on the news tonight was woefull!. At least Ch 9 showed a few GT's. All 10 mainly had was FJ, bignose and the 380. They SUCK..
Old 13-10-2005, 07:34 PM   #72
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Jesus tapdancing Christ that's sexy.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 08:09 PM   #73
XR6turbo
Great EF XR8

That is the most boring concept i have ever seen. Its a slicked out FJ! all they have tried to do is copy maybach, which is a beautiful car, and a stunning design. Holden if thats the best you can do with your imagination, you will be out of business before you know it!
Old 13-10-2005, 10:18 PM   #74
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6turbo
That is the most boring concept i have ever seen. Its a slicked out FJ! all they have tried to do is copy maybach, which is a beautiful car, and a stunning design. Holden if thats the best you can do with your imagination, you will be out of business before you know it!
Give credit where credit is due.

Im sure if Ford had've done something similar to lets say slicked out 33 Ford you would be singing a different tune.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 10:23 PM   #75
big_pete
Sublime

i think it took big balls from holden to do something like this. its such a radical step away from the norm, so i give them major credit on that part!

its a beutiful looking machine, if only they would make em like this nowadays.

can you imahine being the designer for a concept like this - "heres a million bucks go build that drawing you showed us........."

Old 13-10-2005, 10:34 PM   #76
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is probably one of the most beautiful concept cars ever made.

And IMO its quite shocking coming from Holden cause they often go by their normal roots but this makes Holden worthy of future car design of this level IMHO.

It has some of that 50s gangstar flavor to it.
Old 13-10-2005, 10:42 PM   #77
PH47
Ford Power, in a Merc?

God damn...

God.. DAMN

That's is unbelievably HOT

I love that whole style/era/whatever.. like that Zephyr that's been at a few car shows etc.. soooo hot.
PH47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 07:32 AM   #78
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

More impressive each time I see it. Also, for the knockers, just think - without this, all you'd be treated to on the Holden stand would be a sea of newly rebadged Daewoo hatchbacks! Showroom WOFTAM. Yeah that's f***ing GOLD isn't it.... :
Old 14-10-2005, 07:58 AM   #79
HSE2

For something that wasn't going to be a high priority at Holden, this concept is without a doubt their best. Stunning. Well done!
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'

Last edited by HSE2; 14-10-2005 at 10:55 AM.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 09:29 AM   #80
XR6turbo
Great EF XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY18s
Give credit where credit is due.

Im sure if Ford had've done something similar to lets say slicked out 33 Ford you would be singing a different tune.

Not unless it is a total different design! Design cues from old cars is fine, but to just slicken a shape of an old car is pathetic. I have seen better designs from 8 year olds, at least they have some imagination!
Old 14-10-2005, 10:10 AM   #81
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6turbo
Not unless it is a total different design! Design cues from old cars is fine, but to just slicken a shape of an old car is pathetic. I have seen better designs from 8 year olds, at least they have some imagination!
I honestley dont why this is pathectic.

If memory serves me correctly this style of concept car is a first for Holden.

I dont care if you dont like it just dont put it down cause you think 8 year olds have a better imagintion. :rolleyes:
Old 14-10-2005, 11:11 AM   #82
XR Davo

Now that's art! Hats off to everyone involved!
XR Davo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 11:21 AM   #83
Psycho Chicken
Banned

This just in; all hot rods are pathetic.

I don't know how you couldn't like it. It's bloody beautiful.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 11:30 AM   #84
SSbaby
Banned

The concept car doesn't really appeal to me as I know it is just that... but what it demonstrates is that the Australian Automotive industry has come a loooong way and is competing on a global stage. It makes Toyota's effort with the Avalon ute concept look primitive and pathetic (at best).

There is a very Detroit element in the EfiJy... sparkling, shiny, chrome metal and beatiful attention to detail. It unlocks a lot ot the designer's creativity and it's purpose is to show to the GM world that Holden is a jewel in the crown of the organisation.
Old 14-10-2005, 11:35 AM   #85
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby
The concept car doesn't really appeal to me as I know it is just that... but what it demonstrates is that the Australian Automotive industry has come a loooong way and is competing on a global stage. It makes Toyota's effort with the Avalon ute concept look primitive and pathetic (at best).

There is a very Detroit element in the EfiJy... sparkling, shiny, chrome metal and beatiful attention to detail. It unlocks a lot ot the designer's creativity and it's purpose is to show to the GM world that Holden is a jewel in the crown of the organisation.
How do people percieve the relationship between these fantasy concept cars and what can and will be released in the next 1-3 years?

Do people look at them and think "wow, i love it! i hope they release it in 3 years cause ill buy one".?

My personal preference is i want to see "reality concepts", not "fantasy concepts".
Show me something that i might be driving in 3-5 years....
My feelings are id like to see the car companies invest these dollars to excite me with their creative forward thinking, not creative fantasy artistry ...

Old 14-10-2005, 11:37 AM   #86
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did Ford have a concept? I was working so I don'k know what happened yesterday.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 11:38 AM   #87
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
How do people percieve the relationship between these fantasy concept cars and what can and will be released in the next 1-3 years?

Do people look at them and think "wow, i love it! i hope they release it in 3 years cause ill buy one".?

My personal preference is "reality concepts", not "fantasy concepts".
Show me something that i might be driving in 3-5 years....
I think Holden have done that over the years... you saw Monaro... you saw Torana (VE design cues)... I think GM policy is changing (stifling) that option.

I think you're being a bit harsh... the concept is designed to draw people away from Ford and Mitsu stands and the people aren't stupid... they know it is only a concept ... but the media did speculate about certain aspects of its detail being slated for VE... I wonder if that is the blown LS2?
Old 14-10-2005, 11:41 AM   #88
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think Holden have done that over the years... you saw Monaro... you saw Torana (VE design cues)... I think GM policy is changing (stifling) that option.

I think you're being a bit harsh... the concept is designed to draw people away from Ford and Mitsu stands and the people aren't stupid... they know it is only a concept ... but the media did speculate about certain aspects of its detail being slated for VE... I wonder if that is the blown LS2?
I dont think im being harsh, just realistic and sharing a view allot of others have too.
Will anyone seriously buy a Holden over a Ford because Holden had a fancy looking concept car on their stand? I dont know the answer to that but i do know allot of people who will walk straight past it because of the percieved "fantasy" element.

Maybe Holden and Ford should release these concepts at the Hotrod and custom show where their obvious appeal and exceptional design quality can be truely appreciated?

Last edited by 4Vman; 14-10-2005 at 11:47 AM.
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 11:50 AM   #89
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
I dont think im being harsh, just realistic and sharing a view allot of others have too.
Will anyone seriously buy a Holden over a Ford because Holden had a fancy looking concept car on their stand? I dont know the answer to that but i do know allot of people who will walk straight past it because of the percieved "fantasy" element.

Maybe Holden and Ford should release these concepts at the Hotrod and custom show where their obvious appeal and exceptional design quality can be truely appreciated?
You've missed the point... certain elements of its detail will be on VE... we just have to guess what that is... is it the centre console graphics... is it the blown LS2... is it just speculation? That what concepts do... create suspense.. raise questions.
Old 14-10-2005, 11:56 AM   #90
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You've missed the point... certain elements of its detail will be on VE... we just have to guess what that is... is it the centre console graphics... is it the blown LS2... is it just speculation? That what concepts do... create suspense.. raise questions.
Hmmmm.. thats a long bow to draw..... But i understand what you're saying, i just cant invisage joe average looking at it like that.

Look at it realistically: Blown LS2? why? it doesnt need to make any more power, it makes 300KW NA and we all know the current climate of fuel economy deminishing capacity and power output concerns.

Everyone has an opinion, no one is right or wrong, i guess im just looking at it differently, and one of the reasons i (and plenty of others i know) don't bother with going to the Motor Show is the lack of "meat and veg".
Irrelevant fantasy concepts dont excite me, "reality concepts" do, and we're just as much potential customers as anyone else..

Maybe the car companies have gone away from "reality concepts" to avoid giving the game away too early and leave plenty to shock on release which means they do "fantasy concepts" out of need to provide something interesting to look at?

Last edited by 4Vman; 14-10-2005 at 12:04 PM.
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post