Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #61
red_hotxr6
Banned

Default Re: ACA Poll - Should hoon drivers have their cars taken off them?

No the polls wont do anything, it will just show what people,s opinions are.....strong and divided..
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #62
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

It's a pity that the majority opinion of this topic won't be aired on T.V. as it isn't the message that ACA want to put out.

Cars are bad Mkaay. Cars aren't toys Mkaay.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #63
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
Obviously a very controversial subject, what is a hoon?? Is it a person who spends thousands of dollars on his car, perfecting it the way he envisages it, within the guidelines of the law and the safety of not only those that drive in the car but to other road users. Or is it a person who spends money doing there cars up sometimes not legally, ie..tyres too big, car to low, modifications not allowed for that particular vehicle....and then think they are the best drivers in the world by doing burnouts, trying to race every car think they can beat, or jusy plain making an a.. of themselves speeding and bobbing and weaving in and out of traffic.
Personally i dont think it would be the first one, as i think that would be classified as car enthusiasts, they look after there cars. There are even people out there that dont do anything to there cars at all, they dont even look after them properly and drive so badly it isnt funny.
Personally i think if you have the money and time to modify your ride legally and to the letter of the law then let the police pull you over when ever, with a smile as you have nothing to worry about...let the ones that have done the wrong thing, complain, because usually the ones that complain the most are the ones that have done the wrong thing.....my 2 cents worth...hope i havent offended any one..
The only problem here is that you can be sent a "present your vehicle for checking" letter on the assumption it may be illegaly modifed. Proof is not required.

A car enthusiast is someone that shows respect for their car, and other road users.

Burnouts willy nilly is not respect for one's vehicle, or other road users.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #64
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped
People who watch ACA or Today Tonight should have their TVs taken from them.
Or declared brain dead.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2012, 08:27 AM   #65
gcmc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped
People who watch ACA or Today Tonight should have their TVs taken from them.
Amen to that. It's particularly ridiculous for them to address road safety issues after their disgraceful conduct in the Domain tunnel stunt.

They could easily have caused the death of the guy in the Mercedes the truck hit.

It was rumoured that they had to write a big cheque to avoid legal action by the truck driver.

They still have the hide to use the crash footage in their promos.
gcmc2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #66
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcmc2
Amen to that. It's particularly ridiculous for them to address road safety issues after their disgraceful conduct in the Domain tunnel stunt.

They could easily have caused the death of the guy in the Mercedes the truck hit.

It was rumoured that they had to write a big cheque to avoid legal action by the truck driver.

They still have the hide to use the crash footage in their promos.
Wait, What happened??
Old 12-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #67
gcmc2

That Martin King went out with a girl to supposedly show how truck drivers tailgate people.

They drove through the tunnel in the right lane at what became obviously under the speed limit.

A frustrated truck driver who had been baulked by her made a move into the left lane.

You can see the result in Youtube if you search for domain tunnel.

As far as I'm concerned they should have been charged over it.

Driver of the Mercedes is wealthy Melbourne tyre importer Ross Grant.
gcmc2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #68
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

I'll have to look at that after work!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #69
Killaxb
VN2DY4

When i was on my p,s witch was a few years ago i copped a defect for too low. I asked the cop what the big deal was..... Oh incase you runover a pedestrian theres clearance under the car........are they for real?? Either way the poor person under there is going to be pretty ****** wether its 100mm or 1000mm. After i got it raised to 140mm ground clearance another officer booked me for suspension travel.... Apparently the rear gaurd has to be above the tyre??? **** off. Its all about revenue rasing.insted of picking on car enthusiests go get junkies,thevies,murderers, the real crims
Killaxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #70
robbyj
Rob

haha this ^

my mate got done for having the longer wheel nuts on 15" steel rims. The safer, more secure longer wheel nuts stuck out past the steel rim a tiny bit. apparently these could hit a pedestrian. if your wheel nuts stick out 2-5mm past your wheels, and you hit a pedestrian.. thats the last thing they or you are going to be concerned with.

anyway,

no matter what sort of car your in, modified or un-modified

a hoon is someone who spins the wheels, whether doing massive hoops, snakeys, or taking off to fast which causes the wheels to spin.. is a hoon.

someone who takes off at the lights really fast and stops at the speed limit, is not a hoon. An officer may feel the need pull them over for careless driving..

someone speeding is not a hoon. Someone doing over 40 kmph over the speed limit.. IS a hoon.

owning an illegally modified vehicle.. is not a hoon. If they do said actions above, then yes they are a hoon.

I believe my own car is illegally modified. I think my exhaust would be too loud and currently there are a few things that would cause it to fail a RWC. But i am not a hoon

I think someone needs to slap Grimshaw in the head with the big book of laws so they really understand what is classed as hooning, and what is not.
robbyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #71
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killaxb
When i was on my p,s witch was a few years ago i copped a defect for too low. I asked the cop what the big deal was..... Oh incase you runover a pedestrian theres clearance under the car........are they for real?? Either way the poor person under there is going to be pretty ****** wether its 100mm or 1000mm. After i got it raised to 140mm ground clearance another officer booked me for suspension travel.... Apparently the rear gaurd has to be above the tyre??? **** off. Its all about revenue rasing.insted of picking on car enthusiests go get junkies,thevies,murderers, the real crims
There is a reason why they pick on us so much. We're easy targets. The majority of the community isn't going to declare what Police are doing to us as wrong. The only people that are going to go in to bat for us is ourselves which isn't going to get us anywhere because we are already seal clubbers and baby murderers in the eyes of the public.
Old 13-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #72
Killaxb
VN2DY4

It also depends what car you drive aswell. When i had my vn bt1 witch was yellow, there was barely a week where it didnt have a filthy sticker on the window. Now i have a morpheous purple eb that is ****in slammed to the floor with a big zorsty an extractors,taillights tinted blacker than the ace of spades...... Got pulled over an booked for speeding(i was 20k over so i deserved it) not a word about the car an have not been pulled over since.but i no a younger mate of mine on his p,s has a el xr6 stock as a rock copped an epa on the weekend.
Old 13-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #73
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

They tend to target old commodore more than anything else as statistically that is the "hoons car of choice".

Probably for them fully *** single peggers!
Old 13-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #74
Killaxb
VN2DY4

Tracey grimshaw is the skidmark on the underpants of society lol
Old 13-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #75
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have no issues drinking beer in cans made from Holden Commodores or Ford Falcons. Knowing it came from a serial hooner would make for a very satisfying drop.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #76
Killaxb
VN2DY4

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyj
haha this ^

my mate got done for having the longer wheel nuts on 15" steel rims. The safer, more secure longer wheel nuts stuck out past the steel rim a tiny bit. apparently these could hit a pedestrian. if your wheel nuts stick out 2-5mm past your wheels, and you hit a pedestrian.. thats the last thing they or you are going to be concerned with.

anyway,

no matter what sort of car your in, modified or un-modified

a hoon is someone who spins the wheels, whether doing massive hoops, snakeys, or taking off to fast which causes the wheels to spin.. is a hoon.

someone who takes off at the lights really fast and stops at the speed limit, is not a hoon. An officer may feel the need pull them over for careless driving..

someone speeding is not a hoon. Someone doing over 40 kmph over the speed limit.. IS a hoon.

owning an illegally modified vehicle.. is not a hoon. If they do said actions above, then yes they are a hoon.

I believe my own car is illegally modified. I think my exhaust would be too loud and currently there are a few things that would cause it to fail a RWC. But i am not a hoon

I think someone needs to slap Grimshaw in the head with the big book of laws so they really understand what is classed as hooning, and what is not.
Lol i know my cars illegally modifyed 6 ways from sunday but yet it isnt endangering anyones life or being a nusicence in any way. A cop trying to catch up to me doin atleast 160kmh to pull me over to tell me my cars to loud.... Now that speaks for itself! What if a kid walks out infront of that cop tryin to catch up to me to tell me my cars to loud? An innocent little life lost for what????? Exactly
Old 13-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #77
Killaxb
VN2DY4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I have no issues drinking beer in cans made from Holden Commodores or Ford Falcons. Knowing it came from a serial hooner would make for a very satisfying drop.
So i take it all your cars are stock standard? That you have never dropped a skid? Or broken the speed limit?
Old 13-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #78
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Lol i know my cars illegally modifyed 6 ways from sunday but yet it isnt endangering anyones life or being a nusicence in any way. A cop trying to catch up to me doin atleast 160kmh to pull me over to tell me my cars to loud.... Now that speaks for itself! What if a kid walks out infront of that cop tryin to catch up to me to tell me my cars to loud? An innocent little life lost for what????? Exactly
Wtf are you doing at 160km running away from the cops in the first place you stupid dick. What if that kid walked out in front of you instead mate. Get off the forums. You obviously do not belong.
Old 13-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #79
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable72
Wtf are you doing at 160km running away from the cops in the first place you stupid dick. What if that kid walked out in front of you instead mate. Get off the forums. You obviously do not belong.

Re read his post mate
Old 13-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #80
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Nevermind, I'm the dick. Carry on.

I see what you mean now. Probably shouldn't be on the forums whilst I'm so tired at work lol. Things seem to read differently.
Old 13-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #81
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
That is the exact issue - they haven't so vote NO

Everyone with a modded car is a Hoon according to ACA - no ifs or buts
But I just changed the air filter to a washable one, from the original paper element. OH MY god no!!!!!! I'm a hoon :(
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #82
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

This might seem silly, but i reckon i should invite them to our next Bikini car wash/BBQ, last one we had raised money for a local BMX club (organised off my service managers own back at the link in my sig)
Ill e-mail them inviting them to an event containing some pretty modded cars and have them turn up to a gathering of hoons, only to see some nice looking gals washing some cars...
Old 13-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #83
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Sunbury Autobarn held a big charity cruise earlier this year, and they actually notified the police of the cruise and we had no hassles with them even though there where a lot of illegaly modified cars there.

But people didn't act up either, no burnouts or knob driving (lol knob is the new word on AFF).
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #84
bmorris

I think its been sumed up nicely on here. There is a big difference between "most" of the members on here and hoons. It's respect for your car and others on the road.

Hoon's do not respect their cars. If people want to drive dangerously in public areas they deserve what they get. If you can only hurt yourself then it's your problem. When your a danger to someone else it changes everything.

ACA on the other hand, joke of a program.
Old 13-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #85
Killaxb
VN2DY4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
Re read his post mate
Thank you. Some one read it properly. I wasnt doin 160kmh running from the cops i cruised of normal a fee mins later a cop car ****in flew out of nowhere an i said HE was aleast doin 160kmh to catch me....... I think old mate hoon hater needs another beer!
Old 13-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #86
Killaxb
VN2DY4

End of the day we are all big car fans. An the cops an govenment will continue to **** our bums,including hiking rego up to $700 witch is ******. Now im off to the pub goodbye��
Old 13-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #87
Killaxb
VN2DY4

End of the day we are all big car fans. An the cops an govenment will continue to **** our bums,including hiking rego up to $700 witch is ******. Now im off to the pub goodbye��
Old 13-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #88
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Seems everytime a story like this crops up on ACA or today tonight, 6 threads pop up on here discussing the same thing, with the same outcome.

End of the day, it's a slow news week for the networks and even slower here, with all the threads that pop up about the same garbage....Get boring

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2012, 12:12 AM   #89
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
driving? lol
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #90
Killaxb
VN2DY4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcman0o7
driving? lol
Lol nah **** no! Im no criminal! Oh wait according to tracy grimshaw i am the horeeeeee