Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 09:27 PM   #61
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anything made by Skoda, Volvo or SAAB....

VN-VS Commodores (they've aged disgracefully)

Early model Citreons

AU Falcons (except the XR6/XR8's which are one of the finest cars made)

Valiants made between 1967 and 1971 (the VC to VG series except the Pacers and hardtops)

EA to ED Falcon station wagons

Datsun 120Y's

Hillman Hunters and Chrysler Centuras (although learnt to drive in a 73 Hunter)

Mk4 Ford Zephyrs
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
Old 10-10-2007, 09:37 PM   #62
alecrain
'03 BA XT

Cool

Holden Commodores (the older ones) driven by P-platers in white baseball cups.

And Toyota CRAPOLLA - shitty engine, gearbox, so $^%@ unconfortable - I know, as I rented one for 2 days....

Beautiful Photography Blog

2003 BA XT
IMPCO SVI - TYPHOON CAI +XR6T snorkel - K&N Panel Filter - DBA Slotties - Tint

1998 Toyota Landcruiser Prado

www.bseries.com.au/alecrain

Quote:
People that drive slower than ME are BAD DRIVERS,
People that drive faster are IDIOTS
Old 10-10-2007, 09:41 PM   #63
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

VE SSV

I just got given one as a work car!

Heavy hard to see out of, overstyled. Red gauges, no brakes, auto not as smooth as the C4 in my 34 year old ZF, stil cant find how to work the switches, owners manual cant tell you, drone like a cheap exhaust sysytem, you have to be 6' to see out of the back, blue tooth function is useless, audio/HVAC is bizarre. And it's orange.

On the plus side it has some go.

But the very worst bit is people think I chose the POS. Makes me feel like a wannabe.

Lucky the windows a tinted.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:45 PM   #64
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

volvos driven by asian ladies wearing hats and any 4 cylinders with huge exhausts that you can hear from 500 metres away
Old 10-10-2007, 09:46 PM   #65
BAWagonWheels

All Hyundai's are a bunch of shittboxes. panels are like cardboard, their plastic cheap interiors, seats are hard like anything and the car makes you feel claustophobic. mechanicals & engine are always problematic. after owning one before and driven many others. never again....
Old 10-10-2007, 09:46 PM   #66
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Toyota Camry, because the people that drive them are nitwits.

Hmm..maybe I should drive one :P

Don't snap my undies.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:47 PM   #67
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmale42

AU Falcons (except the XR6/XR8's which are one of the finest cars made)
ever driven an AU before? lolz :
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 10-10-2007, 09:53 PM   #68
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

anything from Toyota. VN /VP commodes, absoultely hideous. Once got to drive a Daewoo...truly, truly nasty. white vans. 4 wheel drives (try driving a Mini and having one of them anywhere near you). and Toyotas, all of them. Did I mention Toyotas?
Old 10-10-2007, 10:07 PM   #69
gngtho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZC-383
VL crapodores...
Hate them with a passion...and the owners of said wogadores too...
Hey what do you mean by that remark mate?

My most disliked would have to be the SLR5000 too much flairing and not enough balls.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:09 PM   #70
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

holden barina = junk on wheels.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
Old 10-10-2007, 10:17 PM   #71
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With all these people saying they don't like a car, because of a particular person/group driving them, do you actually dislike the cars, or the people? maybe both?

Though as someone said, the question was asking what your most disliked car was. Not because they're driven a certain way, by certain people.

gngtho; I think what he meant was the owners of Commodores, that are modfied "Wog-ish". Presuming that's what he meant anyway.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:20 PM   #72
HLC
Audi S3

civics.

mainly cause one of my friends thinks her 94 civic 3-door is a sports car.... hardly.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:21 PM   #73
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RSAC3
ever driven an AU before? lolz :

sorry mate no offence just my opinion...Yep I've driven a few just don't appeal uness they're an XR and is why i kept my e series so long before updating to a BA
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
Old 10-10-2007, 10:24 PM   #74
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagt_coupe
Every EA FALCON ever made.....

Some of the owners of those are just as bad as VL/VN/VP commonwhore owner/drivers.
Think there EA's are gods gift, to a scrapyard maybe....BURN THE LOT!!!
Wow someone has it in for the poor old EA.

EAs while might not be the highest quality car ever made, are still pretty good cars.

There were a big change over from the X-Series platform, and had their fair share of problems, but overall they weren't too bad.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:25 PM   #75
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mazda 121 (bubble POS), Daewoo's (more like daewon'ts), Kiaarap, Hyundoh's and generally every other car that looks like an abortion that lived.

Also cars with Stupid names too. A nissan Tiida (did we really need the extra " i " ?), A bloody Sante Fe, Tacuma, etc, etc

And Geminis. The car aint too bad but the drivers are a breed of their own.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:27 PM   #76
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagt_coupe
Every EA FALCON ever made.....

Some of the owners of those are just as bad as VL/VN/VP commonwhore owner/drivers.
Think there EA's are gods gift, to a scrapyard maybe....BURN THE LOT!!!

Donny, Donny, mate, gee, don't hold back

So you dont like them? What about the EB, are they ok?
Old 10-10-2007, 10:28 PM   #77
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmale42
sorry mate no offence just my opinion...Yep I've driven a few just don't appeal uness they're an XR and is why i kept my e series so long before updating to a BA
nah no offence taken at all ... haha, i've just found that alot of people who dis the AU's havent actually driven one, but once they have, they see why! ... but the XR's are sweet though ... but not enough chrome on them
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 10-10-2007, 10:30 PM   #78
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngtho
i was wandering that too ... can you define for us what a "wogadore" is???
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 10-10-2007, 10:32 PM   #79
gngtho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
With all these people saying they don't like a car, because of a particular person/group driving them, do you actually dislike the cars, or the people? maybe both?

Though as someone said, the question was asking what your most disliked car was. Not because they're driven a certain way, by certain people.

gngtho; I think what he meant was the owners of Commodores, that are modfied "Wog-ish". Presuming that's what he meant anyway.
Not meaning to cause any trouble but to me the use of that word in that context is extreamly offensive as i am European and not a WOG and i think i speak for other people in this forum.
We are all here as a united group to talk cars (Fords) and not about other peoples racial differences.

ohhh and i hate kit cars in general, i think if you going to have a car have the real thing..
Old 10-10-2007, 10:35 PM   #80
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

In the early 80's Nisson inflicted the 'Bluebird' upon the Aussie motoring public.

It was marketed as "Australia's First Four Cylinder Limousine"

They were as close as you could get to the original Box.

The introduction of this long standing joke just about destroyed Nisson in Aussie, the best thing to come out of the introduction of this Galvanized Garbage Bin on wheels.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:35 PM   #81
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

While not in any way wanting to go in to the "wogadore" debate that I fear is about to swing wide open, I did want to add this nice quote from Wheels in this thread (but please, this has nothing to do with the "wogadore" thing ok... This is not a racial or personal comment )

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Carey c/o WHEELS
While not all male drivers of Holden's Australian-made sedan are bone-headed, pinkie-dicked, incosiderate, non-indicating, sudden-swerving, tailgating morons with gross delusions of skill behind the wheel, well, a significant proportion certainly are.
Sorry, but as soon as I read that in his article, I thought "so true" :P
Old 10-10-2007, 10:35 PM   #82
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Not meaning to cause any trouble but to me the use of that word in that context is extreamly offensive as i am European and not a WOG and i think i speak for other people in this forum.
We are all here as a united group to talk cars (Fords) and not about other peoples racial differences.
Sorry mate. I didn't mean to offend you, or anyone else. I just couldn't think of another way to explain it.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:45 PM   #83
gngtho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Sorry mate. I didn't mean to offend you, or anyone else. I just couldn't think of another way to explain it.
Thats cool at least you get my drift as i see other people are still useing the that word still.

i think i mite have a chat with the administrators.

WOGADORE= OFFENSIVE
Old 10-10-2007, 10:46 PM   #84
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My worst hated car is none other than the VL Commodore. The interior is so ugly and it's interior design looked from a car manufactured in the 70's! YUK!
Old 10-10-2007, 10:53 PM   #85
gngtho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnoods
Mazda 121 (bubble POS), Daewoo's (more like daewon'ts), Kiaarap, Hyundoh's and generally every other car that looks like an abortion that lived.

Also cars with Stupid names too. A nissan Tiida (did we really need the extra " i " ?), A bloody Sante Fe, Tacuma, etc, etc

And Geminis. The car aint too bad but the drivers are a breed of their own.
I agree but dissagree with Hyundai ive been in a Tiburon and those things go, and handle not bad but its not jap made.

Also we've got an 05 Accent for what they are those things stick to the road like some hyper glue ive tryed to get it unstuck heading to the Barrosa but no go.

But there the only two Korean cars i will ever like.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:00 PM   #86
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarby
My worst hated car is none other than the VL Commodore. The interior is so ugly and it's interior design looked from a car manufactured in the 70's! YUK!
The VL was based on a 1970s Opel Rekord, so it explains the "1970s interior" coincidence.

Even I agree they aren't very nice inside, and I own one.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:04 PM   #87
gz1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's easy. Alfa Romeo. Any and all of them.
I owned one once bought new, and the pile of festering donkey crap spent more time in the garage getting fixed than on the road. After only 2 years it had rust holes literally in the hatch. Should have realized what a heap it was when a *new* car came with only 3 months factory warranty.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:21 PM   #88
Justin@
Banned

Quote:
Ok for the dumb people.....wogadore: a term used cos every dopey wog and his dog seems to get a vl commo, therefore they are called wogadores
Old 10-10-2007, 11:24 PM   #89
MRJUCY
Fordless

Any Toyota but I save my greatest hatred for Camry.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:28 PM   #90
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZC-383
Ok for the dumb people.....wogadore: a term used cos every dopey wog and his dog seems to get a vl commo, therefore they are called wogadores
Pretty sure he was offended by that mate.

Oh and I'm actually quite sick of that stereotype aswell.
Closed Thread