Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 25-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #61
superyob
Banned

Default Re: I knew it was only a matter of time... Imported overseas workers for mining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
as long as australian people dont go on crippling rolling strikes like the teaches and nurses do . i think its fine , good luck to the imported workers . its crippling aussie awards and conditons of double pay for night shifts underground that bought this on , bout time we got some decend hard workers to help out our economy . those mine owners have been struggling big time of late .
When have teachers and nurses gone on 'crippling rolling strikes'?
Old 25-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #62
gtfpv
GT

Default Re: I knew it was only a matter of time... Imported overseas workers for mining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra
If your grammer was a bit better, I'd be able to understand what you are saying better.... But i think i agree with what you're try to say.

Yes, just look at what the recent Euro crisis is doing to Asian stockmarkets and currencies.

But keep in mind, we may be a small population, but Asia is not.
We are also more acustomed to our plush way of life and if it goes, we will find it harder to adapt.
yes my grammer is not the best , apolligies . but once we had a way of life , and people protected it . we are losing any culture we once had , but for now people are rushing over here trying to have a better life , we dont die on the job as many others do , i would like to have a more relaxed life where i work to live , but as you have stated , i should be worried , asians work harder for less .
Old 25-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #63
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob
When have teachers and nurses gone on 'crippling rolling strikes'?

aaaahahahahahaha I LIKE YOU SUPERYOB
Old 25-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #64
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
yes my grammer is not the best , apolligies . but once we had a way of life , and people protected it . we are losing any culture we once had , but for now people are rushing over here trying to have a better life , we dont die on the job as many others do , i would like to have a more relaxed life where i work to live , but as you have stated , i should be worried , asians work harder for less .
Yep...
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Old 26-05-2012, 12:25 AM   #65
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gina Rinehart is the devil, except a whole lot nastier and uglier...
Old 26-05-2012, 12:32 AM   #66
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra
If your grammer was a bit better
PS: You mean grammar.
Old 26-05-2012, 12:37 AM   #67
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
PS: You mean grammar.
I'm glad that out of all of that, that's what you picked up on...
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Old 26-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #68
BHDOGS
Banned

Gena rein hart is a ***** but people who are rich can be ********* i think those rich people forget that a crowbar to the knee still hurts no matter how much your worth not a threat or anything just saying money really doesnt mean much when you break it down unless you give money power. Me personaly i wouldnt work in the mines as i have a loving kid and a good life i work a half decent job can afford to drive a v8 do it up slowly eat well and shag my missus to me im the richest man in the world i might not own 20 houses or a lambo but in the end that stuff wouldnt make me happy anyway maybe thats the asians thoughts?
Old 26-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #69
Rockape
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Been working underground for 16 years and i liked it much more before mining became trendy.

Kawasaki ZZR1100
Old 26-05-2012, 01:35 AM   #70
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Comment removed....

Last edited by gcg2503; 26-05-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Old 26-05-2012, 02:25 AM   #71
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But I thought providing the all sacred job position was the one justification that allows businesses to get away with blatantly ripping us off in this country lol, and now they're there and in demand and of course the Australian worker (which of course all these job positions are created for!! It's for the Australian people, not the profits.. herp derp) is instantly overlooked for slave labour costs.

But of course we should all listen to them just like we all listen to ACA and pity the poor poor magnate and her labour shortage. I mean if she actually paid her workers a decent wage she wouldn't be able to afford that luxury liner which she already bought last year, then we'd have to give her billion dollar handouts because if not she'll threaten to axe jobs unless she gets her payout!! The classic qq card a business pulls when it's in debt. Then we'd be truly stuffed because then we'd have no job positions left for all those poor poor true blue immigrant workers who will be left homeless.
NOW DO YOU SEE WHY THE AUSTRALIAN WORKERS NEED COMPANIES LIKE THIS!!!!
Old 26-05-2012, 07:29 AM   #72
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape
Been working underground for 16 years and i liked it much more before mining became trendy.
quoted for truth.....
Old 26-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #73
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape

It's funny you mention this, the amount of people at work namely operators that update there Facebook status every 5 mins throughout a shift to let everyone know what there doing is hilarious.
Old 26-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #74
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

I think we're pretty much chasing our tails here.
We are arguing about the right & wrongs of decisions that we clearly should have no concerns whatsoever about. Won't have to worry about any of these things when we're all on either the minimum wage of less the $100 a day, or one of the "visionaries" that are struggling away taking in $1,000,000 every 30 minutes.
The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and anyone not in either of those two categories can go get .....themselves a better attitude & work ethic.....
Closed Thread