Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-04-2006, 07:26 AM   #61
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUB
what da hell you spend 50k on???!!! :
Heh i wonder myself :P It's easier than you think.
I'm not about to list everything i've done to my car as it'll be a mile long, but so far, the amount of money i've spent on modification alone (and not including past modifications that have been taken off or replaced) is about $37,300. There are still more things that need to be purchased so that number will bump up a bit once she's finished. Now when i add the losses that i've incured from purchasing and selling past items (mainly setero gear), and then add to that repair costs etc, that number will bump up closer to $50,000...

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:03 AM   #62
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

...every nut, bolt, part front to rear, top to bottom replaced and wont add it up till I am finished. Too scared........ :

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:18 AM   #63
chief
FTF Club Moderator

I am predicting that my wagon will be between $50,000 and $60,000. Getting a respray and a AU V8 put in with some goodies and thats going to cost $$$

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 02:17 PM   #64
Rollin
Banned

lots :S

the main thing that costs money is doing things twice - for example, i have tried 3 different sets of shocks before being happy with the current ones (though koni yellows would be nice in the future...) got king springs, then replaced with k-mac/pedders combo, still thinking about going custom k-mac all round, got a full exhaust N/A then had to replace it for the turbo.

bought all the stuff for the stereo and did a nice install, then decided a year later that it was too heavy, pulled it out and did another install using the same gear (still desperately resisting the urge to upgrade!!)

got a cam ground, went good, got another ground and got an aftermarket computer, didnt like that computer so sold it and put stock cam back in to better suit turbo, bought a different aftermarket computer, replaced 3.45 diff with 3.9s, sold them for 3.08s to drive to cairns, got another 3.9 LSD built, sold that to go 3.27 lock-rite...

if i started with a clean slate and built the car up to this state in one go it would prob only cost about 20k and it would be done, at the moment though i think its cost me about 30 and still spending :S
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:40 PM   #65
YLDGTS
Blown 215i

It is a scary thought when you look at the money you've spent over the years on your toy.
All im going to say is i've spent enough to keep an apprentice on for a year
Old 09-04-2006, 11:51 PM   #66
Rollin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLDGTS
It is a scary thought when you look at the money you've spent over the years on your toy.
All im going to say is i've spent enough to keep an apprentice on for a year
so you have change from $5000?
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:12 AM   #67
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
if i started with a clean slate and built the car up to this state in one go it would prob only cost about 20k and it would be done, at the moment though i think its cost me about 30 and still spending :S
Hah hah, mine's cost less :P
If you're going to throw money at decent shocks, stay away from Konis. Put mildly they suck. You are far better off getting a set of Bilsteins, the quality is leagues better, the technology in the valving itself is superior (on my previous car, i swapped from Koni yellows to Bilsteins, the ride quality improved, but so did the body control, ie less harsh ride, but better handling, win win!), they can be rebuilt/revalved easily.....
Old 10-04-2006, 06:24 AM   #68
hambo_12

Engine: $1242
Exterior/Interior: ~$2000
Wheels: $1940

Around $5200. Was a bit sad about throwing that much money down the tube, but after seeing some of the dollars in this thread, I feel a bit better!
Old 10-04-2006, 08:58 AM   #69
johnnyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilChief
I have just been crunching some numbers on how much I have spend on my car so far and how much i am intending to spend ...

Body mods: 1800
Wheels: 1000
Interior: 1200
Stereo: 0
Engine: 3500
Transmission: 2000
Differential: 2000
Brakes: 1500

TOTAL: 13000

very very scary if i think about it

and i am about to spend double that on a new engine and transmission and brake setup

i dont think you would get much for $3500 spent on the motor a decent carby cost around the $1k mark
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote