Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-02-2014, 10:12 PM   #61
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Default Re: Ford to make announcement about Broady production

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
FG is/was 80% or something all new...only a few bits were carried over.
I wasn't specifically referring to the external panels, etc. I realise many of these were changed, even between AU and BA most had changed.
I was more meaning the actual platform the whole thing sits on, as far as I was aware (happy to be corrected) the FG was an mild evolution of BA/BF which was an extensive evolution of AU.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:28 PM   #62
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How about a new marketing department ?????
Old 06-02-2014, 10:49 PM   #63
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

I certainly hope that SOMEONE has thought about marketing for the Mustang. This is one area (along with quality control) that very much led to the downfall of the Falcon. Simple facts - the buying public are well aware of what build quality, and value for money means - gone are the days where someone merely buys the same make & model as his father, and grandfather did, just to keep brand loyalty.
Staying loyal to the brand is valid, only if the brand stays loyal and true to the buyer!
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
10 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2014, 11:05 PM   #64
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With an all imported lineup, it will allow Ford to become more integrated in global marketing campaigns for vehicles. The ads, slogans etc will probably be dictated by Asia Pac HQ now.
imugli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2014, 11:33 PM   #65
zoomie
Owner of "0066" F6 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by imugli View Post
With an all imported lineup, it will allow Ford to become more integrated in global marketing campaigns for vehicles. The ads, slogans etc will probably be dictated by Asia Pac HQ now.
Something along the lines of "Come and test drive the all new Ford Ecosport, its Indian built and hotter than a good curry!"
Old 07-02-2014, 12:06 AM   #66
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i don't think it would matter ford do too much as far as marketing goes, the fact is we are flooded with imported cars of all descriptions from all over the world, the market piece of pie for every manufacturer will remain smallish as there are too many pieces of pie,
the glory days for local manufacturing prior too floods of imports coming to oz are long gone.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-02-2014, 12:09 AM   #67
I6DOHC

WTF? Reduce capacity just before pushing a new model out the door a few months later? Way to exude confidence in your future product guys.

Ah well, perhaps when GFC mkII hits we might see some Aussies pop up in key positions in Detroit to help them adjust.
I6DOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 05:54 AM   #68
rdmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
90 a day...

The question is will Quality remain now that production is so low?

Will the workforce now lose interest about quality and will the consumer pay for it?
Mate don't kick us while we are down.
Quality will always be priority number one.
Making less of them just makes those that we build even more special.
We know this gig wont last forever.
We'd love to go out with a bang with kick **** final models.
But we'll build what we are told to.
And we'll do it with the pride and passion that we had when 500 went down the line a day.
rdmr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 06:31 AM   #69
Mulga
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by brismike View Post
Agree . . Just imagine what it would do if Ford dropped the price of a NA XR6 to $26000 driveaway!

Toyota & Holden would ****** themselves lol.
More like those that paid full price.......in addition the impact it will have on re-sale values.
Mulga is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 07:33 AM   #70
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulos View Post
I certainly hope that SOMEONE has thought about marketing for the Mustang. This is one area (along with quality control) that very much led to the downfall of the Falcon. Simple facts - the buying public are well aware of what build quality, and value for money means - gone are the days where someone merely buys the same make & model as his father, and grandfather did, just to keep brand loyalty.
Staying loyal to the brand is valid, only if the brand stays loyal and true to the buyer
!
Well said. Looking at the sales stat's for January 2014 with circa 2,300 Commodores purchased and less than 500 Falcon's and looking at the technology and equipment in say a VF SSV Redline and comparing it to say an XR6T its abundently clear the buying public havn't abandoned large cars per se, just those that are so far behind on the technology front its almost become an embarrasment.

GM clearly worked in with Holden Australia and conferred upon Holden the best technology they have available world-wide, whereas on the other hand the Taurus has had attractive technology such as adaptive cruise control as just one example for years. Loyal enthusiasts could be forgiven for thinking our American friends wanted the Falcon to have its wings clipped.

Many on here acclaim Alan Mulally as having great credibility for steering Ford through the GFC without U.S. govt assistance but forget he was the architect for the one-world large car platform and I believe he and his executives made a deliberate decision to starve the Austrlian operation of their latest technology...in effect the decision to stop "investing" in trying to make the Falcon a sucess was made years ago.

The buying public don't seem to think Ford deserve their loyalty...
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 07-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #71
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Yes I do, the money has already been spent, and the government money that was put into it must ensure it goes into production or the government will ask for the money back. It was a commitment to build it, but for how long, who knows.

Or do you mean they will de-content it before it goes into production?
I meant both. I am waiting on "real" facts for the FH upgrades, in hope that waiting will mean more tech and goodies standard. The current deals are hot at Ford right now, but i know FH is worth the wait..........as long as it does come......and has all the tech i want
Old 07-02-2014, 10:38 AM   #72
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Going by how successful Fords imported models are, like the Kuga I think they have alot of work ahead of them with Mustang and what ever else they release. Just like Falcon Mustang will be a niche market, it will only fill a small % of the void left by Falcon.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 07-02-2014, 10:41 AM   #73
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury 8 View Post
One good thing I see in this story is that Sinead is no longer doing the public affairs stuff.
Really!!. How good a job could you have done telling the public of a country that your going to retrench thousands. Perfect example of the cliché "Shooting the messenger"
Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-02-2014, 01:14 PM   #74
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
Going by how successful Fords imported models are, like the Kuga I think they have alot of work ahead of them with Mustang and what ever else they release. Just like Falcon Mustang will be a niche market, it will only fill a small % of the void left by Falcon.
For so many years/decades, Falcon and Commodore just sold themselves and salesmen just had to
guide devotees through the ordering /buying process, the fish just basically hopped into the boat....

But now, Ford's international products are prety similar to everyone else's products and selling is harder,
In the market's view there's no clear advantage to owning an imported Ford over a Mazda, toyota or even Hyundai,
there's even some suggestion that the Ford brand itself is a hindrance in selling those imported products.

This is going to be a cathartic time for dealers who now have to decide whether keeping a ford franchise
is worth the pain or go with another brand that is more conducive to to profit and attracting buyers..

Don't mean to seem nasty but regardless of new products, Ford brand could fall a long way before it ever recovers..
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 07-02-2014, 01:29 PM   #75
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmr View Post
Mate don't kick us while we are down.
Quality will always be priority number one.
Making less of them just makes those that we build even more special.
We know this gig wont last forever.
We'd love to go out with a bang with kick **** final models.
But we'll build what we are told to.
And we'll do it with the pride and passion that we had when 500 went down the line a day.
I wasn't meaning to kick you mate!

I appreciate the reply. I am going buy one of these "last" Falcons. Your comments make me want one more now!

2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 07-02-2014, 02:08 PM   #76
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's surely going to be a test of dealerships loyalty asking them to make significant space for a dead duck.
I wouldn't, but would supply to order only, after all which, vehicle would you kick off the floor?

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

M3SR+ .......MG ZS EV
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 02:29 PM   #77
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

you'll still see Falcons and FPVs as the pride of place to this day on dealer floors, so it's not that much of an ask.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #78
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeman View Post
It's surely going to be a test of dealerships loyalty asking them to make significant space for a dead duck.
I wouldn't, but would supply to order only, after all which, vehicle would you kick off the floor?
Well not the one with the $50-$60K price tag...

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 02:34 PM   #79
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dealer will always display that which sells in numbers.

M3SR+ .......MG ZS EV
Old 07-02-2014, 02:39 PM   #80
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

+1 to the people defending Sinead and the job she's done. It is low to attack Sinead on a thread like this. Just like kicking the people who make Falcons - the cars that a lof of us joined this forum to talk about - on a thread like this.
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 02:41 PM   #81
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeman View Post
Dealer will always display that which sells in numbers.
have you been in a Ford dealer recently? Like i said, Falcons still stand as the centrepiece in all my local dealers, including the place i bought mine where it was sitting right in front of the door, along with two FPVs. My other local had about 3 XR's straight inside the door. Falcons are still very much on show, despite their sales numbers.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #82
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With incentives, anything is possible, but from a straight commercial standpoint, it's looking backward.
From a ruthless profit motive, I'd be more interested in trying to head off the new Mazda3 and 6 etc.
Dealers owe nobody a favour and will drop a brand if they can see an opportunity.
And they can come badly unstuck ......Opel!

M3SR+ .......MG ZS EV
Old 07-02-2014, 02:55 PM   #83
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
For so many years/decades, Falcon and Commodore just sold themselves and salesmen just had to
guide devotees through the ordering /buying process, the fish just basically hopped into the boat....

But now, Ford's international products are prety similar to everyone else's products and selling is harder,
In the market's view there's no clear advantage to owning an imported Ford over a Mazda, toyota or even Hyundai,
there's even some suggestion that the Ford brand itself is a hindrance in selling those imported products.

This is going to be a cathartic time for dealers who now have to decide whether keeping a ford franchise
is worth the pain or go with another brand that is more conducive to to profit and attracting buyers..

Don't mean to seem nasty but regardless of new products, Ford brand could fall a long way before it ever recovers..
Wow!! That's deep.
Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 03:01 PM   #84
v8der
Naturally Aspirated

I am absolutely getting a new car in 2014. I could get one today that's how ready I am.

I am awaiting Ford's official announcement on specs, running gear, shape etc before making a decision. I'm hoping they blow me away so I can just rock up and drive away in a new FH.

I'm not entirely certain this is going to happen now..?

1993 EBII Fairmont 4sp auto Biscayne Blue

Previous Forms of Transportation:

1978 302 V8 XC | 1982 4.1L XD | 1994 ED Fairmont | 2000 AUII XR6 | 2002 AUIII XR8 | 2003 BA XR6 } 2011 SZ Titanium Territory | 2006 BF Pursuit BOSS 290 6spd manual #57 | 2003 BA Fairmont 5.4L 4spd auto |
v8der is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 03:30 PM   #85
bungarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by imugli View Post
So GMH wont be the only one with a Wonton Ute?
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 03:47 PM   #86
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
have you been in a Ford dealer recently? Like i said, Falcons still stand as the centrepiece in all my local dealers, including the place i bought mine where it was sitting right in front of the door, along with two FPVs. My other local had about 3 XR's straight inside the door. Falcons are still very much on show, despite their sales numbers.
Unfortunately at my Dealership, we aren't displaying Falcons in the showroom. Currently, from what I can see from my desk, we have 2 Focus STs on show in the primary and a Honda Civic in the secondary. The centrepiece for the Ford yard is a large collection of Rangers with some Falcons tucked away in the corner.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:51 PM   #87
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Haha a Civic :(

I'm referring to the eastern suburbs of melbourne either way. I know some dealers will be different.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:30 PM   #88
BHDOGS
Banned

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/b...-1226820774742

FORD have been unable to guarantee they will still be producing cars in Australia in 2016, an MP whose Victorian state electorate houses one of the company's factories says.

Broadmeadows MP Frank McGuire met with Ford management on Friday and says the situation there remains perilous.

He said the company told him they don't make cars to sit on the grass.

Ford announced on Thursday 300 employees would be made redundant as it cuts production amid poor sales figures.

The company has previously announced it will end manufacturing in Australia in 2016.

"It's all about sales and they can't actually give you a guarantee that they will still be producing cars in Australia by October 2016 which was their previous announcement," he told reporters.

"So that's devastating news for the people of Broadmeadows, the capital of Melbourne's north ... and also for Geelong as well."

Mr McGuire said there were also worries in the supply chain, because if a supplier went under it would impact their ability to produce cars in Australia.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #89
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

well i did say i wanted to buy one of the last Falcons made, and it seems that MAY still be the case with my FG2.

all that aside i'm still hoping we will see the release of the FH. Does anyone know when re-tooling is scheduled for?
Old 07-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #90
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
They must be the rare ones, and on the back of current sales, only due to get rarer. Using very rough guesses, Ford must have 200 plus dealers Australia wide (Some large, some small). A large percentage of Falcon sales would be fleet, and I assume a great deal of those bypass the act of sitting on a showroom floor (and arent purchased on the basis of one sitting on the showroom floor awaiting inspection either). Its alot of prime realestate, for a particular car to take up when it may be generating the average dealer one sale per month.

But on the other hand, if you are stuck with a vehicle that you have purchased for $35,000 and it hasn't sold in 5 months and is chewing up finance, then you are going to do all you can to rid yourself of it (ie slap a good price on it and put it in a prime position).
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post