Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-01-2008, 09:38 AM   #61
GSfalcon500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
Those people who for whatever reason enters into their miniscule mind that swinging out to the left to turn right is a good idea? i have had so many near misses with people in the centre of their lane in the right hand side of the road swing out to the left to turn right! Luckily i havnt had the chance to stop, get out and abuse them because they have hit me but it has to be inevitable as so many people do it.
And i could resort to "racism" here because the majority are of one particular race but i wont get into that..

I hope you dont do it, its bloody dangerous!
Happened to me on a Motorbike one day.I was following a Magna and it slowed down a little, drove to the left so that the left side tires were off the road , so I think it is getting off the road and I start riding past ......NAH its just turning into their driveway on the otherside ofthe road,it puts the blinker on to turn right just as I get to the back of the car and turns in front of me so I turn with it and run the foot peg down the doors and knock the mirror of with my elbow.

The bike wasnt damaged nor was I but since that day it is something I notice all the time.

Oh ..it was a woman driver too.
GSfalcon500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #62
Wally
XP Coupe

I know that all the other drivers on the road have done their bit, by paying taxes for the roads, but does that give them the right to use it whenever they like? I find just about every other user an annoyance to free flowing and unhindered driving. I just wish they would just leave me alone to enjoy inlimited speeds, free from traffic lights, roundabouts, stop signs, etc. I would make a good Omega Man commuting.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 11:18 AM   #63
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

I absolutely hate it when you approach a roundabout and you see a car going from your right, you stop to give way thinking he's going straight ahead as he/she doesn't have an indicator on.

Then they turn left. Bloody ****es me off something shocking. The next person that does that to me will be chased down and have big size 11 boot in their face.

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 07:58 PM   #64
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
No if there are entry points say just ahead of yours and a car is already there, so from your perspective as you approach from the six o'clock position, they are ahead and slightly to the LEFT of you (think 3 o'clock position) and you charge on the roundabout assuming you are on their right and have right of way... well if they entered first, you are paying the repair bill and learnng about giving way to the left.
This is correct and it's the same law in WA (this was brought up on 94.5FM when they bring in a constable to answer questions from the public etc)
Old 13-01-2008, 11:03 PM   #65
Jessej

Hey I would like to through in my 2 cents worth too

I see stupid crap all the time on Sydney roads (as you do) and I hate it when you try to , legally, overtake someone going slower than you only to have them speed up when they see what you are trying to do!

I also hate it when people speed through the roundabout without checking to the right ( OK, according to previous posts I am old school in roundabout rules). Or even speed through while you're on there so you have to break hard to avoid a collision... Happens at a local one and by george there's gonna be a bad accident there one day!
Jessej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 01:27 AM   #66
xy500
Constant annoyance

Default annoyances

hahaha this thread is classic, so many of these above mentioned phenomenon also get to me.
the worst i have had so far was cruising at 110k's behind a concrete truck to have him start dumping his dry mix on us.... what the hell is with that? doesnt the barrel have to rotate the opposite way before it starts coming out? the guy didn't even realise until a kilometre or so down the road, then had the audacity to keep driving away pretending like it never happened, meanwhile the car i'm in is plastered in blue metal and concrete powder, pretty sure washing that off only activates the concrete.... what to do!

so make sure you leave a good 100 car lengths between yourself and the next concrete truck.

i reckon this thread just goes to show how dangerous the roads are, not because of the cars, but the people in them!
xy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 09:59 AM   #67
fergus

drivers who take the racing line through a two lane roundabout. they approach in the left, cut through the right, leave in the left.The lane markings are there for a reason. stay in your lane.

Last edited by fergus; 14-01-2008 at 10:05 AM.
fergus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 10:02 AM   #68
fergus

tailgaters. whatever happened to the 2 to 3 second gap? and on that subject, it's my 2 to 3 second gap. what the F$%k did you move into it for?
Old 14-01-2008, 10:04 AM   #69
fergus

people yakking on their mobile phone. I don't care how good a driver you think you are, having a conversation on the phone DOES distract you.
Old 14-01-2008, 10:18 AM   #70
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looks like i opened a whole can a worms here!
i have a huge problem with people going slow in the right hand lane on highways... 80% of the time im overtaking in the left hand lane! until i come across a L-plater doing 80(which i think is ludacris(sp) and dangerous)
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 11:11 AM   #71
Pursuit_chick
E-series mutantette

i just have a problem with people driving in general when im on the road LOL
i drive from murray bridge to adelaide (75k one way) every day there and back 5-6days a week for the last 3years. I think i have seen my fair share of a-holes on the road.

1. People that don't indicate.

2. People that dont know how to "keep left unless overtaking"

3. When on Cruise Control, people that pull out in front of me to overtake a car i was about to overtake and then sit on 90-95 (in 110k zone), overtake the car, pull back in the left lane like 20 meters after overtaking, then i set cruise back on to go and overtake the car that pulled out in front of me to find that they have just sped up to about 115!

4. Also people that do like 160/170 etc zoom past the car i have passed, i get in the left lane quick as i can, and then they jump in behind me and tailgate me for a km or 2, and then pull out and zoom past me doing 160 again.

5. Old farts on Portrush Road in their cars that pull out in front, looking in my rear view mirror (cause i have to slam the brakes on) to find that there's noone behind me so they could have waited, then they sit 10k below the speed limit, that i have no choice to overtake because its busy in the other lane and i want to turn left in a couple of hundred metres!
If your gonna pull out, do the friggin speed limit!!!

6. Trucks that pull out in front (doing 40) to pass another truck going up a massive hill (in a 110k zone) im doing 110 and have to slam the brakes on so i dont rear end him!

7. When driving through adelaide hills 60/80/100 (variable) zone cars seem to always do 20ks under and then NEVER pull into the "slow car turnout" to let anyone else past.

8. when coming off the freeway into MB, its 110km then 80km and then 60km. I hate people that do 100 on the freeway, get off at MB, slow right down to 75 (to the recommened speed sign speed) then when it hits 80 they keep doing 75, then when it 60 they are still doing 75!!

i think that will do for now, there are always more! :
Future mods: Speed Holes!
Pursuit_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 05:28 PM   #72
wangers
Starter Motor

my most hated drivers are ones the when the bitumin is only wide enough for one car. they think that they should stay in the middle of the road so i have to get right off in to the grass. if they used there head a bit more they might wake up to the fact that they should have one wheel off the road
wangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 07:17 PM   #73
3vXT

I do about 350K's a night, 3 or 4 nights a week usually, so i've got a few gear grinding issues.

Anyone that tail gates or responds to tail gating with a brake check.

Anyone that feels the need to slam on their brakes whenever they see a police car or taxi. Fair enough if they are doing 20K's over, but some people doing the limit or less still seem to be afraid they are going to jail every time they see a light bar.

Anyone changing lanes on a multi lane roundabout.

Anyone that can't be bothered dipping their high beams when i'm driving towards them.

Anyone that doesn't understand the 'keep left unless overtaking' thing when the speed limit is above 80 (in NSW, not sure about everywhere else).

Anyone that stops their car in the middle of the road to have a chat with someone else.

Anyone that gives me the evil eye when i'm slowing down or taking off slowly. My car is pretty loud, giving me a super death stare is not going to make me run home and put socks in my exhaust. I hope you all choke, JERKS. I could understand them doing it if i was racing around like an idiot, but most of the time (i occasionally stretch its legs on the highway) i am very very considerate about my neighbors and everyone else and i still get old people shaking their fists at me. Choke, you pricks.

Things that DON'T bother me include people that do slightly under the speed limit (assuming they haven't just passed me, then slowed down). If some old guy feels more comfortable doing 90 in a 100 zone then i don't really have a problem with that.

I also like long walks on the beach and beers.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote