Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-02-2006, 10:02 PM   #61
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

The wife and her old excel.

1 fox terrier, split front bar
1 fox, split bar evenmore, popped out part of it, smashed up the inner and bottom splash gaurds.
1 echidna-flat tyre next day
few rabbits, nil
1 hare, nil
3 kangaroos. 1 in Nelson, front bar, bonnet, air con radiator and radiator & support panel x2 headlights.
1 Princess highway ran into left hand front wheel, passenger front gaurd, tail slap dented passenger door, stuffed the wheel alignment. broke corner off front bar.
1 vic/sa border princess highway, 6ft + roo ran into drivers door and rolled down the side of car damaging the whole drivers side!! while cruisin at 110km. smashed side mirror, glass impregnation to drivers side window from side mirror, not to mention brain matter!!
dented door so badly couldnt use the window, didnt close write, popped out the door lock. big dents all down the side. 2 weeks later it dropped the gearbox. Insurance called it an economic write off, got a small check..and a new XR6 from me own pocket.
Oh and not to mention reversing into one of the big poles out in front of the Mt Gambier post office, rear skirt, boot lid, rear blinker assembly. 2 weeks later we were hit from behind from an old fart in a little suzuki sierra, pushing us out into traffic to he was!!

Don't knock me wifes drivin skills guys n gals, she's gotten us out of a lot of poo over the years, fair dinkum we should be dead..!!..
The girls got skills.. :sm_headba

Last edited by rapidxr6; 09-02-2006 at 10:05 PM. Reason: fix fix fix
rapidxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 10:04 PM   #62
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Destroyed a bird and a cat. Hit a couple of roos aswell. No damage strangely enough.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 10:07 PM   #63
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

aaand i forgot the cat, it was a black one ran it over flat splat dead on the spot, friday the 13th 2001..!!.. spooky.
rapidxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 10:17 PM   #64
goXF
Now AU powered

Late in 2005 i hit a complete tyre (wheel and rim) in my work van - mitsubishi express - that had just come of someones car in front of me (at 80kph)- i went right over the top of it and it hit the steering components underneath and bent a few things so that steering was impossible. I was able to pull over safely though. The rim was jammed between the van and the road and had actually dug into the bitumen a few mm deep for about 10 metres long....and months later there is still a very visable line on the road each time i drive pass there....
goXF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 10:25 PM   #65
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

Dose it count if you aim for the cats at night and put your foot on the floor and then end up accidently hitting them
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 12:09 AM   #66
BOSS 540
70 Mercury Eliminator

Ran over a big rat when I used to do night shift work, good value. The wifes best effort was hitting the garage whilst reversing out with the drivers still door open. Havnt worked how she managed that one..
Old 10-02-2006, 12:11 AM   #67
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was told I should be honest tonight and admit to hitting a tree.....
(before someone 'dobs' me in)
I seriously didn't see it, I was reversing at the time (no sleep & no caffeine - what do people expect) _
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 12:41 AM   #68
luke

Steer clear of Prairie Road, Cudlee Creek, in the Adelaide hills...
A ditch on the side of the aforementioned dirt road jumped up and hit the roof of my mazda 323... Caved the roof in, broke the windscreen & twisted the whole car out of shape. Forward flipped the vehicle as the nose dug into the ground.
No injuries to myself except my pride & my only mode of transport at the time.

: I suppose that's what I get for my poor attempt at rally driving in a FWD lol.

luke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 12:43 AM   #69
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Steer clear of Prairie Road, Cudlee Creek, in the Adelaide hills...
A ditch on the side of the aforementioned dirt road jumped up and hit the roof of my mazda 323... Caved the roof in, broke the windscreen & twisted the whole car out of shape. Forward flipped the vehicle as the nose dug into the ground.
No injuries to myself except my pride & my only mode of transport at the time.

: I suppose that's what I get for my poor attempt at rally driving in a FWD lol.
I am sooooo sorry but
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 12:32 PM   #70
bobski

I've hit a few things here and there - lol - yeah - some at night and unidentifiable. Two that jump to mind.

A recent Rabbit. My GF sees a rabbit on the side of the road, "oh, stay off the road little rabbit" she coos. Just as she's distracted, his mate runs across the road from the other side "baboomp baboomp". "What was that"? Errr... "pothole?", told her later what it was.

I also hit a parrot once at about 60 in my Corolla Twin Cam got its head stuck in between the grill and the bonnet and its body was flapping about over the bonnet. I freaked out because I thought it was trying to get out. Pulled over thinking 'bugger, gonna have to kill this poor thing by hand', but it was already dead (thankyou baby jebus!).

Oh and a fortunate near miss , very early morning on the pacific highway just south of Urunga. No one on the road, cruising at *cough* about the speed limit *cough*, come around a sweeping bend, and there's this big bloody eastern grey in the middle of the road. Hit the anchors so hard the ABS kicks in, the missus doesn't even stir. Looks straight at me and its not until I hit the horn that it decides "oh - maybe I should move out of the way" (at which point the missus wakes up). The car would have been stuffed if I'd had to hit it (if there were cars behind me I may have had to).
bobski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 12:55 PM   #71
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

used to live in the sticks, so added my fair share to the road kill list...

so many rabbits its not funny
couple of snakes
many birds,
an owl,
an echidna,
mice & frogs :P
Old 10-02-2006, 02:35 PM   #72
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb91xr6
Dose it count if you aim for the cats at night and put your foot on the floor and then end up accidently hitting them

does humour count when the person issuing it is a d!ckhead?

your so funny man
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 03:11 PM   #73
henry 351
Punch it baby, punch it.

Location: Working hard. If you work hard you get the goodies.

Hit a fox once in my XB GT whilst motoring round a sweeping bend. Bastard thing broke my front spoiler. Problem was that part of the spoiler still attached jammed under a front tyre causing it to lock up. Oh dear, car sideways, on the picks. Slid off the road backwards, no harm done. Except the car bellied out, and I had to get a tow back on the road.

Hit a bloke once in my VL years ago. He did less damage than the fox. Cops sorted him out, he'd just got out of jail. Been thrown out of every pub in town. Ran into the side of my car, got his leg jammed under the front wheel. Totally furcked his anke. Stupid bugger.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:47 PM   #74
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347Stroker
I wondered where that indigenous australian fella had gone from up the road.....it was you.....you heartless cow..... :the_finge
Over the years driving trucks i've hit plenty of things including one of those indigenous australian fellas as you call them.On the M4 at Homebush.

A cow at Kempsey coming back from Brisbane.

But the most interesting one of all was a camel I hit at Renner Springs which is about 200k's north of Tennent Creek. I was running late going to Darwin so was in a bit of a hurry and the bloody thing appeared from nowhere straight into the front of the truck at 130k's.What a bloody mess, was still cleaning crap out from the truck 2 weeks later.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 02:02 AM   #75
ef_classic
Banned

I hit a fox today at about 11 oclock at night, came out of nowhere and straight under the car.

Heard a few thumps, went back and it is as good as dead, no damage to my car thankfully.
ef_classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 02:40 AM   #76
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dad clipped a kangaroo when he still had the EB Falcon, there was damage to the front bumper.
I've hit a possum, it was grey, in the middle of the road at 12am and I was coming at 60km going into the a slight bend. Saw it once, braked and swerved left only to have the possum running to its right ... Went to the servo to check for any damage and nothing. (amazing considering the Fiestas front bumper sits lower than most cars I know)
Old 30-12-2006, 04:19 AM   #77
fmc351
let it burn

Ive hit a few roos, one at 100 in an BF Mazda 323, surprisingly, minor damage, huge red roo too, just lucky in the way it hit I guess. Headlight was stuffed, but the glass was unbroken. A little work with a slide hammer on the headlight support, and a new headlight and its as if it never happened. Guard and bumper are still on the car.

Several birds, one just clipped the top of the windscreen. One sparrow, or similar, on the Westgate Freeway back when i was in Melb. It hit the grille of a Cortina, body stayed in the grille, the head kept going into the radiator.

A few possums and rabbits, and as many cats and toads as I can line up. Im joking about the toads, i mean cats.

Im sure theres heaps Ive forgotten. My cars are like magnets for critters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M
I was a passenger in a VE Valiant that hit a wardrobe that fell off a trailer in front! Minor scratches on the Val, the wardrobe?....
Cheers
Bill
Winner!!! You should have just left it at wardrobe, dont mention the trailer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Had a bird dive smack bang into the windscreen. Idiot.
Bird brains.

Last edited by fmc351; 30-12-2006 at 04:37 AM.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 06:00 AM   #78
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Seems every time I get into a car this year I have hit something.
Old 30-12-2006, 06:35 AM   #79
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've hit a bird trying to show his friends how macho he was. I was driving along, he was just flying down and i think hits my lower front bumper. I look at the rear-view mirror and there were some feathers floating around.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 06:44 AM   #80
dandaman

I've hit about 10-15 galas. Someone threw a big pack of bird seed on the road, i didnt want to stop as it was uphill and i'd lose momentum and they didnt move so i cleaned them all up.

I also ran over a girl, well almost,i was driving up a hill and the girl was walking across the road, but not at the top of the hill, sorta under the crest and i didnt see her, i evaded her, and i clipped her shoe off and she didnt have a scratch on her. Now that's precision driving
dandaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 08:38 AM   #81
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Not in my car, but I was riding my pushie down to the local corner store (23kg downhill bike) And some idiot roadie flew out in front of me (Did I mention I was looking behind me??) And I turned around, and bam, straight nto the roadie...We both fell off, I snapped his carbon road bikes rear triangle, and caused the guy to get quite a lot of torn lyrca and gravel rash. Me, well I grazed my elbow and scraped some paint off my pedal.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 09:30 AM   #82
Greenhorn
Pimpin My VK

i hit a wallaby, a magpie took out my highbeam, hit sum shoppin trolleys, clipped a post in reverse and backed thru my shed door
Greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 10:02 AM   #83
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
i hit a wallaby, a magpie took out my highbeam, hit sum shoppin trolleys, clipped a post in reverse and backed thru my shed door
all at once? fair effort
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #84
ef_classic
Banned

Not long ago i was parked next to a VX SS that was for sale.

So i got out and had a bit of a look, as i went around to the front of the car, i could see a stick or something pointing out of the radiator area.

I had a closer look and the "stick" was a magpies leg LOL.

The whole mapie was wedged past the side of the radiator, must have been going fast.
ef_classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 10:59 AM   #85
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

A few roos,a feral pig,a cockatoo that bounced off the side mirror and landed on my lap,a brown snake (that I kept and put under my bosses desk) and about a million locusts which are still not cleaned out fully two years on..
All these driving in western NSW,try not to drive out west during the hours animals are active anymore if I can help it..
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 01:45 PM   #86
woodsy109

I've hit only a couple of things. A pheasant which only left a few feathery spikes in the bumper. A parrot flew into my aerial at about 60km/h and bent it back.

I remember a few from when I was driving with my dad. We hit a cat on the way to church and dad stops to see how it is. Then I see him with a lump of 4 by 2 finishing it off. We also ran over a dead kangaroo when we were towing the boat on holidays. Crap went everywhere up the back of the car and all over the underside of the boat. Even sicker than washing it off was my dog licking the boat for about 2 weeks after we had got home.

Also when driving with dad in the truck he has hit a sheep (sorta like hitting a big pillow - goes "poof") and a german shepherd that decided to walk on the road.

I've also hit one of those indigenous australians as well. Was with a mate parked up and this guy walks up and is obviously on drugs. We decided to clear out and he goes psycho. Starts banging on the window, so I reverse real quick out of the park and go to take off and he jumps in front of me. I hit him with the corner of the bullbar on my 4wd. I don't think he was too hurt but I didn't wait to find out.
woodsy109 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 01:50 PM   #87
pecker73
Falcon Addict

Yippee.. Another thread returned from deaths door.

Perhaps someone could run this over ?

DAILY-2006 BF Falcon XR6 Turbo Sedan. 6 Speed Auto.

1/4 Mile......13.84sec/103.38Mph BF XR6T with an official 211.0 rwkw :
pecker73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 01:57 PM   #88
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

A cow
A horse
A flock of sheep
An emu
A couple of wombats
A koala or two
Dogs
Cats
Kangaroos/wallabies by the score
Parrots/owls/birds
Miscellaneous other bits and pieces including a low bridge in Melb.

All in a number of trucks over a number of years, lol.
Have come close in a car but always managed to avoid whatever was getting in the way...
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 01:57 PM   #89
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

Lets see,

a frill neck lizzard at 100km/h it was almost like the thing exploded on impact and made a huge mess.

A possum a few weeks ago (i felt really bad about it too)

A magpie while bush bashing in my XE a long time ago

and finally a parked unmanned john deere ride on lawn mower (don't ask)
Old 30-12-2006, 01:59 PM   #90
BeStRaFe
lpg = big boom!

i hit a roo in my previous BA falcon
i picked it up that day from queensland..

driving back... coming through the mountains...
and i annilated a roo...

i had only called the insurance company and organised the insurance 2 hours before...
car was a write off... 90 into a roo...
nothing left off the roo... just lots of blood and meat.