Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-06-2007, 09:51 AM   #61
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by krt10
most of you would have seen this one. but its much more hard hitting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhv6fSdz7vk

would most probably get banned if it were aired here though
i just watched this, and holy sh!t.

this is what we need. i took it as a bit of a wake up call. being a p-plater driving a rear wheel drive sedan, my mates are always "cmon, light em up" "get it out around this corner" "do a handbrakie" etc etc

the RTA add, aside from the speeding through a pedestrian crossing, is typical behaviour of my mates when in a rear wheel drive car. and they give me stick to do it too.

now this european add would work wonders.its the hard hitting stuff that we need to really make a wake up call.
Old 26-06-2007, 10:02 AM   #62
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have no problem with hoon's tools the whole bit finishing themselfs off, go for your lifes, my problem is when they take out some inocent other vehicle, pedestrian.

I just love the O no were real carfull we look before we do it, and then **** Mrs Smith and her kids comeing home form Dinner with granmar and granpa turn out of a side street in to some idiot driving like he doesnt care, thats it darwin at its best

Its time for people to take off the blinkers and look at the big picture

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 10:09 AM   #63
ltd
Force Fed Fords

This ad would have a much greater effect in curbing kids larking about. Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k94i2OOG7F0&NR=1

Turn the sound up too.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 10:13 AM   #64
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw the RTA ad last night, after explaining to the wife what it was all about her response was what a waste of taxpayer money, the p platers that get it will just laugh and the rest will comment that the slide in the blue commodore wasn't a very good one and they could do better.
Regards,
Tote
Old 26-06-2007, 01:18 PM   #65
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Agree with Tote nobody takes it serious.

I saw the article in SMH where that pedestrian council bloke who always whinges at the car commercials going on about how this is going to work so well.

IDIOTS!!!!

A lot of people dont give a crap what other people think and the ones who do are going to bash up the people who pull a pinkie.

Who gives these people jobs who honestly thinks up this crap?

Who are people going to believe their mates in the back telling them to spin it up or some crappy commercial.

The only people you are going to convince is idiots who ride pushbikes to their crappy job.

Do they know a lot of people take hoon as a badge of honor and brag about their lack of points?

Theyve been using this crap for young people and rootin and young people and drugs and it never seems to work.

Plus it looks like the people in the back of the VL are making fun of him cos he ripped a weak drift.
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 04:42 PM   #66
jdg
Aussie cars rule!

Every new car should be sold with some form of VSA/DSC/ESP system. It wont fix all accidents, and It would take a while until most P platers were driving cars with this system installed but it would certainly help. That said, the "knowledge" that one has such a system "protecting" them might just cause them to relax and speed regardless. The Irish/Scottish had would have a much better impact than the pinkie one IMO.

jdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 05:00 PM   #67
Nate07

That Blonde chick was hot.. :
Nate07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 05:42 PM   #68
BigAL_250
and that's how it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by krt10
most of you would have seen this one. but its much more hard hitting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhv6fSdz7vk

would most probably get banned if it were aired here though
Well, here are the Rail Safety ads we had/have showing in SA, likely made to respond to the Salisbury Crossing accident in 2002.
They're not graphic, but I felt a shiver when I saw them.
The first has only a general warning, the second is PG, so they can be shown during most programs.

Pedestrian Safety
Motorist Safety

Granted their not about Speeding or Hoons, but i think they work well. Something to think about I suppose
BigAL_250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 05:50 PM   #69
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Who needs proper driver training when you can make crap ads. :
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 05:52 PM   #70
savagE
Complete ****** n bogan

Ok you buggers, I am your arch nemesis. A red P plater!!!

Now, being I am the one who is meant to be shocked by these ads. I thought I would enlighten you on some ads which do actually talk to me.
These are serious speeding ads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqZB5LTbp_g&NR=1

This is the best.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MltNMuNmLA&NR=1
savagE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #71
BigAL_250
and that's how it is

When were they around? they're much better than most of what we see now. Though they don't seem show the impact very well, just a blur, a crumpled bonnet and the window breaking.
BigAL_250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 07:29 PM   #72
sexr6tasy
Banned

Just invent a car where if you do stupid hooning behavior a big hand comes out of the dash and slaps you in the face problem solved
sexr6tasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #73
Mikey
Typhoon Terry

IN RESPONSE TO STIDDY's comment...
Absolutley, take the young hoons (who cant control a vehicle) and show them the aftermarth of an accident. When i waas about 10yrs old, my Aunty who was a physiotherapist at Prince Alfred introduced me to motobike victims. A whole bloody floor of them. I wanted a bike and loved riding them and still dream of owning one one day BUT... (Thanks Aunty) i just cant bring myself to buy one. Man what a ********G MESS. No arms, legs, face/skull missing, paralysed the list goes on and on.

My old man had an accident on one when he was a young fella. Car pulls out, he slides and almost lost his arm. The arm is basically useless still now. Oh, and he was carrying 3 tallnecks under his jacket for the boss at the time. Some nice scar work on the belly and chest...
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 08:38 PM   #74
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
IN RESPONSE TO STIDDY's comment...
Absolutley, take the young hoons (who cant control a vehicle) and show them the aftermarth of an accident.
But the problem is that most young people think they can control a car...

Just get them to do work experiance in a mourge and show them all the car accident deaths... that will wake them... and seeing how the innocent people who weren't doing anything can end up, and how it ruins their families...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 09:49 PM   #75
stiddy
Banned

Yeah, that could work.. but what about the mind set "That'll never happen to me" ???
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #76
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I remember seeing that Ambulance video of I think the 1980's where they showed several accidents, the one still present in my mind is the one of the white fairlane 500 doing approximately 200km/h into a tree with no skid marks. It showed all of the graphics of the horror, including the heart burst out of one passengers chest, the cracked skull of the driver, the only female who when layed out was over 1 foot taller than her records showed, due to all the shattered bones in her body. It was horrible to watch, 2 guys threw up on the floor; but I'll be damned if every time I want to put my foot down I don't stop and think the wiser of it. This is what is needed to be shown these days, but the PC correct mob and Snivel Libertarians are too worried about giving someone a bad dream or two. Anyone else see this video, it went for about 40 minutes?

Quote: