Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-11-2005, 08:53 PM   #61
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know how you feel mark... if you need some summary justice handed out it's only a 10 hour drive
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2005, 09:09 PM   #62
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

I hope your ride returns, you've had this car as long as I can remember (posts on both the old FF, as well as a few V8 supercars forums...) and to see it disappear is blasphemous!
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2005, 09:53 PM   #63
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Dam, that's bad luck Juicy, i'll keep a look out down my way.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2005, 10:14 PM   #64
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

feel for ya mr jucy ,think positive it might still come back goodluck
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2005, 10:18 PM   #65
Quicklier
Perfecting the 1-2 change

I share everyones comments.
I want to see it go home... even if it's partly stripped, I'm sure there is alot of Jucy in that car!

I had my XC taken and was lucky enough to find it 7 hours later into a tree.
Thankfully the tree was just that... wood, the XC made a mockery of it. Never caught who took it though.

I get a really horrible gut feeling when stuff gets stolen, I nearly want to be sick. I honestly don't understand these people.
Quicklier is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2005, 11:15 PM   #66
max^power
Formerly au^ute

i hope you get it back, and the bastards that did it get whats coming to them. Doubt ill see the car down here, but you never know. With enough people on the lookout, you may be lucky.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2005, 11:33 PM   #67
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

Really sorry to hear about your car mrJucy. i know what it is like to build a car and i know the sweat, tears, money and love that go into the things. i really hope you get it back in one piece.
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 12:54 AM   #68
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

Can't believe it has happened. An absolute weapon gone into ashes.

I know the feeling your having. Cause when i bought my XF XR6 it got stolen 4 days later at my work. It was found 5 later abandoned on the side of the road as a neighbor called the police. Look like it was an overnight joyride thing as it got dump side of the road the that night cause they completely thrash the gearbox and couldn't go anywhere. Now the car sitting in storage ready for a pimp my ride makeover. lol.

Mr Juicy the best thing you could do is contact a Journalist from the motoring section of the states paper. Also contact Street Machine Mag, Performance Ford Mag, Street Ford Mag. Put a colour photo in there with an article in News or Gossip section of the paper or mag and that will make people aware in the Automotive industry aware not to buy part cause it's stolen. You might be lucky to get it back. Give it a shot.

I know this has work because a guy in WA that owns a GTHO Phase 3 had his car stolen and police toke the case and the car was found 1 month later in one piece!!! The 3 men who were caught for stealing the car were working for the blackmarket import to have the car shipped oversea. They were jailed for 10+ years.

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 03:51 AM   #69
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAFIATL
Mr Juicy the best thing you could do is contact a Journalist from the motoring section of the states paper. Also contact Street Machine Mag, Performance Ford Mag, Street Ford Mag. Put a colour photo in there with an article in News or Gossip section of the paper or mag
excellent idea.

sorry to hear about the XD, i've been through it before. its a screwed up world we live in.

me and one of the other guys on here are driving from brissy to adelaide this weekend, its probably still in sydney, but we'll keep our eyes open.

hope everything turns out ok.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:08 AM   #70
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Sorry matey, I'm also one of many here to know that kick in the guts feeling. Mine was also parked on the front yard and was sneakily rolled away down the street never to be seen again. From my experience, it's most likely a parts job and it will be tucked away in some shed out of sight until a door here or a rocker cover there sees light again on a different vehicle. Just hope that you are insured......
Old 01-12-2005, 03:52 PM   #71
MRJUCY
Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
Mate thats devastating ill keep my eyes peeled for it, by the way was this the car at the holden v ford day at wsid, that got the keys locked inside
Yeah that was me, it took 4 locksmiths & several hours to get into the car that day. I don't think it took these pricks that long.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 03:56 PM   #72
mustang

was there insurance??

sorry man
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 03:58 PM   #73
RATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAFIATL
Mr Juicy the best thing you could do is contact a Journalist from the motoring section of the states paper. Also contact Street Machine Mag, Performance Ford Mag, Street Ford Mag. Put a colour photo in there with an article in News or Gossip section of the paper or mag and that will make people aware in the Automotive industry aware not to buy part cause it's stolen. You might be lucky to get it back. Give it a shot.
I agree. It's a great idea. And you know that we will back it up too.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 04:07 PM   #74
MRJUCY
Fordless

I've posted on several forums & been telling everyone else to help by posting it on any other forums & websites & telling everyone they know. Hoon69 has put it on a bunch as have several other people have too which is greatly appreciated.
I've contacted several magazines but the problem is the amount of time it takes before they're published but it's still worth a shot. I've also told everyone I can think of in the industry & around the sport.
The more people who know the harder it will be for these theives to pass the car or any of it's parts off to hopefully get the car back &/or lead to an arrest or at the very least stop these scum from making money on it.
I don't want to annoy people by flooding there forums but please anywhere anyone sees the car not mentioned please do so. It's a long shot but it's all we can do.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:13 PM   #75
LEAURA
Enjoy Life

Going on a road trip next week from the top end then down the east coast to Vic. I'll keep my eyes peeled you never know, Always expect the unexpected.
LEAURA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 04:19 PM   #76
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

For what it's worth mate, (and I DON'T know Epping) but have you tried all the local "hangouts"? You know, the places where all the "wouldbes" congregate.
We had a mate, who's XYGT was knocked off yrs ago and for the next week we (AND there were a few big boys) visited every poolhall/coffebar, every dingy pub in the area and broke a few heads, & in general let every lowlife in town know that we were not going to rest until the car turned up (NOT condoning violence!)
Result was an anonymous ph call made to the owners dad's house telling him where the car was. Unfortunately, (fortunately for the bastard thieves) His dad contacted the cops who raided the joint & found his GT in bits along with bits & pieces from others.
Anyhow mate... My thoughts are with you here!.. It must be absolutely devastating!.. Good Luck!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 04:20 PM   #77
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Jeez that sucks mate, hopefully someone catches the bastards.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 04:46 PM   #78
buickman
buickman

Sorry to read the bad news but if by chance you do locate the car.The running gear. wheels & interior will most likley be missing. Sometimes these parts turn up in swap meets all over Aust years later. I was at 1 swap meet were a couple of guys were selling every thing of a au3 XR8 execpt the block & shell all bolt ons were in perfect cond thats why I had my suspisions of parts of a stolen car.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 04:51 PM   #79
BlackLS

Perhaps a classifieds part of the paper, in the parts section, or tradingpost. Their at least weekly and have good coverage of people after parts. Towies, Smash Repairers and Wreckers are another good shot. So are employed drivers like taxis, and knowing a lot of them, they love their Falcons.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 05:16 PM   #80
aimzes
...fairly odd

Quote:
Perhaps a classifieds part of the paper, in the parts section, or tradingpost.
well worth checking out.

you wanna post up some of the stuff that was on the car so other member can keep an eye out?
Old 01-12-2005, 05:22 PM   #81
Mattrix

gotta love the optimism :(
I for one have given up finding my car and it's only been 2 days. I will be talking to the local central coast newspaper to see if i can make a story out of it. I also contacted the Sydney Zed club president who is contacting all of his members and instructing them that any parts or anything that relates to my car that turns up or appears suspicious, to let me know straight away. Again good luck with your search Mr Juicy, i'm feeling your pain right at this moment... :(
Mattrix is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 05:28 PM   #82
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Yeah that was me, it took 4 locksmiths & several hours to get into the car that day. I don't think it took these pricks that long.
Yeah I thought it was the same car in your photo, probly the best XD ive seen, anyway im the guy who tried to get into it with my keys,wouldnt work then hey,Mate if the law allowed id carry a .308 around with me 24/7 and gut shootem on site
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 05:34 PM   #83
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattrix
gotta love the optimism :(
I for one have given up finding my car and it's only been 2 days. I will be talking to the local central coast newspaper to see if i can make a story out of it. I also contacted the Sydney Zed club president who is contacting all of his members and instructing them that any parts or anything that relates to my car that turns up or appears suspicious, to let me know straight away. Again good luck with your search Mr Juicy, i'm feeling your pain right at this moment... :(
I know Mr. Juicy's XD has been the talk, but I have a soft spot for older Zeds. We have a 260Z that we're going to restore as soon as funds allow. I for one will keep an eye out for it up here.

Mr. Juicy, you have one sweet looking XD, and I'll also be keeping an eye out for it too.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:05 PM   #84
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Perhaps a classifieds part of the paper, in the parts section, or tradingpost. Their at least weekly and have good coverage of people after parts. Towies, Smash Repairers and Wreckers are another good shot. So are employed drivers like taxis, and knowing a lot of them, they love their Falcons.
good idea Black....

maybe get a few printouts of your car jucy, and visit the taxi boys, they'll be helpful i'm sure, and they talk alot.

Mick.
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 07:13 PM   #85
HSE2

There is some low life scum crawling this planet. Sorry to hear this sort of news
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 08:42 PM   #86
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I'm sorry to hear mate :(

I remember PMing you on the old Forums when I realised that I'd seen your XD in a magazine! It felt like I was PMing a celebrity :hihi:

I hope you get the XD back. I take it you have asked all your neighbours if they saw nothing (such as a certain nulcear orange Ford on the back of a truck)?

Can you remember seeing any cars pull up outside/near your place & then driving away again, prior to the theft? I suppose it would be a bit difficult to recall this, but you never know, there might've been a certain car that stopped outside your house for 3 days in a row that you might've noticed & forgotten about... They'd be doing things like checking your movements, seeing that the XD is parked out front regularly (at least while the driveway was being done).

Regards,

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 08:52 PM   #87
MRJUCY
Fordless

Yes I have noticed cars & been worried but the kid next door just finished his HSC so has been coming & going at all hours so I figured it was just them which kind of makes me feel sick now
Old 02-12-2005, 09:24 AM   #88
Mattrix

I was similar in that I can't even work out exactly what day or time of day mine was stolen. I did't notice till tuesday night, but because of the carport being obscured by bushes, and I don't walk past the car on the way to the station and I get home when it's dark, I just didn't even look to see if it were there or not. the last time i did see my car was sunday, so i get that same sick feeling when i realise that if they made off with my car earlier than i thought, because i didn't report it till tuesday night, i didn't give myself the best chance of having it found... at least you noticed virtually straight away, though it doesn't count for much, but i wish i'd noticed straight away with mine :(
are you having the same depressing time that i'm having man? i feel unmotivated to do anything i just sit at work and stare out the window. i got married less than 2 months ago and moved to gosford, we have no money and now only 1 car and i just feel like s**t... i can't function properly, i just want to run over every person walking in the street in gosford when i drive around in the missus' car, i wanna take to every westie type with the prolock, i've turned into one very bitter person...
Old 02-12-2005, 09:36 AM   #89
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattrix
I was similar in that I can't even work out exactly what day or time of day mine was stolen. I did't notice till tuesday night, but because of the carport being obscured by bushes, and I don't walk past the car on the way to the station and I get home when it's dark, I just didn't even look to see if it were there or not. the last time i did see my car was sunday, so i get that same sick feeling when i realise that if they made off with my car earlier than i thought, because i didn't report it till tuesday night, i didn't give myself the best chance of having it found... at least you noticed virtually straight away, though it doesn't count for much, but i wish i'd noticed straight away with mine :(
are you having the same depressing time that i'm having man? i feel unmotivated to do anything i just sit at work and stare out the window. i got married less than 2 months ago and moved to gosford, we have no money and now only 1 car and i just feel like s**t... i can't function properly, i just want to run over every person walking in the street in gosford when i drive around in the missus' car, i wanna take to every westie type with the prolock, i've turned into one very bitter person...
I've had several of my cars stolen, when you've put work into it then it really is a feeling of loss and violation, but after reading what you wrote...

Dude, it's just a car. You have your health, your wife hopefully has her health. The car can be replaced.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2005, 09:51 AM   #90
Mattrix

I have my heath? F**k me that's news to me! I have epstein barr, (which causes glandular fever) which means that some days i feel like i've been hit by a truck and then i get lucky and have a day where i feel normal. i get about 4-6 flu's A YEAR because my immune system is f**ked. every time i get over one someone gives me another one. yes my wife is healthy she's lucky, my car was NOT INSURED meaning i get no money back in my pocket, at the moment i'm over 30 grand in debt with next to nothin to show for it.
I'm not havin a dig at you man i understand where you're coming from, but things go much deeper than would seem on the surface... and that is why i'm a bitter individual