Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-10-2006, 06:18 PM   #61
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
I think some people need a life...
I'm with you on that one. Having said that, they are not much good incorrectly adjasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 09:59 PM   #62
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishxc
Crumbs............

Frankly, I would be a little more concerned about the lethal gasses that pour out of EVERY car ALL the time rather than a few drops of water!

Having averaged about 75,000km in the last 13 months with a lot of country driving I am only too aware of sun refraction but when your windscreen gets clogged with the detritus from flying insects, I'll spray away in order to actually see through the damned thing........

those locusts though, they do just smear around don't they?

It appears they are not water soluble at all........this wildlife on my car really gets my goat.....selfish b@#tards......how dare they soil my car?!

Lets have a group hug and start concerning ourselves with things that actually matter- methinks a good root might help! :
I remember riding my bike from Melbourne to Byron Bay, I got to the Vic Border where you drive along it for a few miles (After Sheperton but before Deniliquin, that area) and the locusts were shocking. My headlight was black, my visor was the same, I had to lift it, the bug gut was smeared all over it, my gloves were filthy with it. I suffer hayfever, Im sneezing huge gobs of snot into my fullface helmet. That trip started as a shocker. Pulled up in this oasis of a servo (under normal circumstances it was a tiny outdated thing, but then was an oasis) and waited it out, cleaned everything and took the time to have some dinner. Youd think Id have eaten enough.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 11:23 PM   #63
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

if its good for the goose its good for the gander, only exception is if you cop it just after you have busted your nuts washing and detailing your car!
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 11:28 PM   #64
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia
Really irks me , especially driving into the sun, when the car in front decides that their windscreen is dirty and puts their washers and wipers on when driving along. Their washer water then goes straight over their car roof onto my windscreen making it rather difficult for me to see through my now dirty windscreen.

It seems to happen too often. I must admit on one occasion I had the opportunity to return the favour.

Wish they set off on their trip better prepared, or be more considerate to the driver behind.

Is it me, or do others find it frustrating following a car which puts its washers on?
Big deal, get over it, they're looking after their own safety, pay attention to yours..

Old 20-10-2006, 11:53 PM   #65
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yift
if its good for the goose its good for the gander, only exception is if you cop it just after you have busted your nuts washing and detailing your car!
washing your car is more theraputic than anything, and you should enjoy the end result for a few minutes, then kiss it goodbye. The only way you're going to keep your car clean is by not driving it, and keeping it in a garage for its whole life. But birds get into my garage and crap all over my cars anyway so even that won't work 100% of the time.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post