Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Do you think there will be a BF Series 3?
Yes 98 29.34%
No 236 70.66%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-10-2006, 05:15 PM   #61
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by puts99
Wouldn't the all new Terri be due a year after Orion?

Havn't heard a codename for that.. will there be one? Ford are onto a winner with the Terri, expect even more parts to carry for Orion to all new Terri, cost saving at its best, but still very, very tasteful.
As its only a few years old it probably won't be getting a redesign until its done its usual cycle. Ford won't have spent 500 million on it to have it replaced within 5 years. Saying that it will have to get whatever updated drivelines the Orion gets eventually. Time will tell.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2006, 09:51 AM   #62
Spoonman
Starter Motor

Default orion

does anyone know what the orion will look like? and would that replace the falcon name as well?
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2006, 05:15 PM   #63
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman
does anyone know what the orion will look like? and would that replace the falcon name as well?
There's a whole thread on the subject http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8&page=1&pp=25 . Some people have seen the orion but can't give any details away. And NO, the new model will still be called Falcon. Orion is the codename, just like the BA was Barra, and the XD was Blackwood. Here's a thread about the codename Orion http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=70161

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2006, 02:31 PM   #64
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by puts99
Wouldn't the all new Terri be due a year after Orion?

Havn't heard a codename for that.. will there be one? Ford are onto a winner with the Terri, expect even more parts to carry for Orion to all new Terri, cost saving at its best, but still very, very tasteful.

New terri is due 2010, but expect to see some surprises before the new model is released.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 07:16 PM   #65
XR8putts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
New terri is due 2010, but expect to see some surprises before the new model is released.
So 2 Years after Orion. I thought it would be about a year after Orion as it would share interior features, like BA did with the first generation Terri.

You could bet the house that Orion and Terri were/are designed together or with each other in mind. The Terri is afterall a Falcon based SUV.
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 07:27 PM   #66
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Called into a dealer on Saturday to look at the new BF2... And was totally dismayed. The new bonnet and lights are only on the XT, Fairmont and Ghia range. XR's are totally the same apart from interior enhancements and some mechanical improvements. Externally you wouldn't pick the difference. What's worse is that the salesman was saying that runout prices on BF1 will be close to normal price of BF2. Due to the price drop on the BF2, and some other crap about having already payed the BF1 price and there was little room to move. I can see a glut of BF1's on the lot's shortly, why buy a BF1 when you can have the BF2 for nearly the same dough?
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2006, 11:18 AM   #67
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There were plans for a hefty revision to Tezza, but as far as i know, it's been canned.

Wouldn't be expecting many changes to Tezza for a while yet.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2006, 01:01 PM   #68
05MkIIFutura
SV6000. Yum

I dont understand why anyone would give a **** if the BF gets a series III, it will make no difference to the scheduled arrival for the Orion. Its either 10 months of BFII and 8 months of BFIII or 18months of BFII, no bloody difference!!

Yes, Ford could just do what they did with the AUIII and add an extra "I" to the end and add some more standard features to stop the slide of sales, i dont understand why it is such an issue. You will all get your new Orion just as quick either way.

Since it looks as tho the Orion is going to be a global rwd platform for the US, Europe and middle east, i can understand why ford are willing to lose some meat on local sales for a few more months in order to properly engineer the car for all of Fords future rwd applications. Bigger picture at play here.
05MkIIFutura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2006, 05:28 PM   #69
XR8putts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MkIIFutura
I dont understand why anyone would give a **** if the BF gets a series III, it will make no difference to the scheduled arrival for the Orion. Its either 10 months of BFII and 8 months of BFIII or 18months of BFII, no bloody difference!!

Yes, Ford could just do what they did with the AUIII and add an extra "I" to the end and add some more standard features to stop the slide of sales, i dont understand why it is such an issue. You will all get your new Orion just as quick either way.
The big deal is, that ford would run it for a full cycle. Extended Orion's delay. The third 'I' gives Ford an excuse to delay Orion by a huge ammount of time.

So the 18 month idea would become more like 25, not such a smal deal then huh. Thats why I started this thread a while back.
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2006, 07:51 PM   #70
xr8man83
Grunt Files

i cant see it hapining hey they would release the orion now if they could to counter the ve and that the orion is only around the corner anyhow y would they?????????????
xr8man83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2006, 11:55 AM   #71
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
There were plans for a hefty revision to Tezza, but as far as i know, it's been canned.

Wouldn't be expecting many changes to Tezza for a while yet.
any chance that the 6 speed auto is going to see it's way into the rwd terri anytime soon?
rst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2006, 12:24 PM   #72
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst2000
any chance that the 6 speed auto is going to see it's way into the rwd terri anytime soon?
I'd only be guessing at this stage when it comes to powertrain/drivetrain.

It is the logical step though and i would expect it, although it is expensive, so i wouldn't be surprised to see a 5spd alternative.
Old 19-05-2007, 06:15 PM   #73
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

BF3? No way i reckon. The only Falc to go through 3 series is, as last posts read, the AU. What other Falc has gone through 3 series? The AU was also a 'farewell' car for the windsor v8 and they still had 3 configurations to go through!
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007, 07:50 PM   #74
freak6
superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman6
BF3? No way i reckon. The only Falc to go through 3 series is, as last posts read, the AU. What other Falc has gone through 3 series? The AU was also a 'farewell' car for the windsor v8 and they still had 3 configurations to go through!
bit of a thread miner are we?? lol.
anyway while im hear.
no way theres gona be a mkIII.
ford have already taken the new falcon out on the test track so it look like orion is a goer.
freak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007, 09:36 PM   #75
Falcon Freak
Banned

Of course Orion is a goer. I have already seen two test mules.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2007, 01:40 PM   #76
cupic
Nikon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
There is no time for a BFIII model as the BFII model's life is only 18 months before the all new Orion model is released in early 2008. BFII is the last update for the current AU/BA platform.

FF

Doesnt the newer models in the ford lineup come in the second half of the year
mid 2008
so that means the launch would be mid 2008 and that could mean BF MK3 soon to follow
cupic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2007, 02:58 PM   #77
Falcon Freak
Banned

Orion Falcon will be released during 1st quarter 2008. I believe it will be unveiled at the Melbourne Motor Show.

FF
Old 20-05-2007, 10:07 PM   #78
prydey
Rob

i reckon it will be released earlier than march due to the v8 supercars. being a totally new car they will not be able to phase it in during the season due to aero design and parity with the holden. most other releases have been toward the end of the season but i can't see ford wanting to do another full season with the bf if this year is anything to go by. there are already reports of the orion being out and about so once they get the shape and chassis sorted the v8 teams will get there hands on some shells so they can start building them up.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2007, 06:37 AM   #79
Falcon Freak
Banned

Some of the motorsport publications stated earlier this year that Ford will not start using the Orion model for racing until late in 2008.

FF
Old 21-05-2007, 12:22 PM   #80
mcnamg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
Some of the motorsport publications stated earlier this year that Ford will not start using the Orion model for racing until late in 2008.

FF
that was before Gorman stated that they were ahead of schedule with Orion and is still speculation
mcnamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2007, 12:43 PM   #81
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Orion will NOT be released this year.

But they are working on a visual change to the XR's that they are hoping they can get to market soon.
Old 21-05-2007, 05:50 PM   #82
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM

But they are working on a visual change to the XR's that they are hoping they can get to market soon.
Yes I guess they need a slight change to lights/grille as per BFII so that it flows into Orion
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2007, 05:58 PM   #83
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM

mmm that'll be interesting. I'm guessing it'll be very soon. With only 8-10 months to go before Orion, Ford wouldn't want to spend for that change to the XR's for the sake of only 4-5 months leading up to Orion. It should happen very soon otherwise its not worth it.

So, that would be called a... BF MkIII. You were right puts99.
Old 21-05-2007, 06:09 PM   #84
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
mmm that'll be interesting. I'm guessing it'll be very soon. With only 8-10 months to go before Orion, Ford wouldn't want to spend for that change to the XR's for the sake of only 4-5 months leading up to Orion. It should happen very soon otherwise its not worth it.

So, that would be called a... BF MkIII. You were right puts99.
Hasn't been confirmed yet, so you can't say his right. With only 10 months until Orion is released I don't see it happening unless they do nothing but make it look slightly different as a running change. I doubt they would even bother calling it a series 3.
Old 21-05-2007, 06:37 PM   #85
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Hasn't been confirmed yet, so you can't say his right. With only 10 months until Orion is released I don't see it happening unless they do nothing but make it look slightly different as a running change. I doubt they would even bother calling it a series 3.
Haha everything puts99 does or says is right
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=96284
Old 21-05-2007, 07:09 PM   #86
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnamg
that was before Gorman stated that they were ahead of schedule with Orion and is still speculation
Ahead or not, the schedule remains unchanged. Job 1 is January 2008 with public release of the new model not long after that.

FF
Old 21-05-2007, 07:20 PM   #87
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
Haha everything puts99 does or says is right
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=96284
Where was that thread hiding, I hadn't seen it. put99 is always right from now on. Great work.