Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-09-2007, 07:52 PM   #61
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Good to see things worked out Aaron for you , bit of a worrying night for you , not a lot of sleep , I suppose . You have an understanding Boss . [ Not being sarcastic , just honest ] Hope your promotion goes well for you . Least it was one way of getting noticed :

Not so Lucky
There was a couple of guy's in the block of Units across the road from here didn't get off so well. About 3 weeks ago they decided to do some burnout's , till the tyres "popped" (we couldn't see across the street because of the tyre smoke) ,

A lady who lives next door to the units came out and asked them to stop (she's got 4 kids under 10y/o) and there's only a low chain-mesh fence between them . Anyway , they told her to Flick O** + a 15 minute yelling match calling her names I bet you wouldn't say to your Mum . but she was worried about her kids . the guy's were close to the fence .

End result , "Last w/end , there were a few car trailers & wagons moving furniture out and a couple of guy's on their knees in the front concrete car park with buckets & scrubbing brushes" . Pretty good guess what happened there , No Clean-up , No Bond back .

Norm

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 05:21 PM   #62
5L
[ 5L ]

thats good news, put one through his daughter your might get asked to become a boss of the company. worth a shot!!!
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 05:33 PM   #63
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXR8220
thats good news, put one through his daughter your might get asked to become a boss of the company. worth a shot!!!
LOL
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 05:59 PM   #64
GUNEF
GUNEF

haha very lucky.. if u ever get bored of your new job u should probaly just line it up in the capark again.. you'll probly get shares in the company and be the boos or something...u never know...
GUNEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 07:53 PM   #65
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

LOL great outcome for you, Just don't screw up the drawings giving them an excuse to get rid of you.

However It reminds me of a similar story. When i used to work as a small engine mechanic at a mower shop.
My then boss had a Datsun 1200 that he did up to be a drag car. For what it was it was a pretty awesome machine. he was doing 12.75,4 cylinder normally aspriated at Willowbank. Anyway he was "tuning" it one day at work and was using the carpark to light it up.
Now I need to describe the car park. It was an industrial area at Strathpine. we were the back shed in a line of 3 other businesses in this industrial shed. You drove in from the orad and at the end where we were backed onto a grassed area which then went down to a creek. As we used this area for a testing grounds for the mowers we had a big double chainwire gate that was open going towards the creek.

Anyway he lined up the car near the double gates leading to the creek and did a few practice run burnouts to warm the tyres. So he was foward, reversed back a few times. So now he is ready for the big one he was going to try, revs the engine right up and lets it go and dumps the clutch, The car lurches backawards in an almighty movement and nearly lands in the creek. My boss forgot to change from reverse to 1st gear. Poor bugger crapped himself whilst we rolled around laughing.
Old 23-09-2007, 08:18 PM   #66
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Ill see if i can get a promotion buy doing a skid lol!!
Old 24-09-2007, 08:46 AM   #67
Ringo
I see you....

I work in a building with a basement carpark.

After Crissy drinks a few years back one of out residest enthusiasts did a lovely 15 second burnout which did two things.

Left a juicy black mark on the concrete floor plus filled the basement with smoke.....and a slap on the wrist from Admin.

The juicy black mark is still there.....
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post