Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: worth the risk?
Stupid (waste of money) 86 82.69%
Good idea ( who cares about law?) 18 17.31%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2006, 04:48 PM   #61
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30487256
A manual XR6 shouldn't be too bad :
For me, thats still way slow.. . ... .
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2006, 06:14 PM   #62
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30487256
A manual XR6 shouldn't be too bad :
38orwkw and i still want more.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2006, 06:32 PM   #63
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1XR2C
You serious - plenty of power??
Well for everyday use. Yes.

A Falcon or Commo 6 has plenty of power, to get moving reasonably fast, without needing a ton of grunt.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2006, 06:59 PM   #64
xtwagon
Old School XT

I do not see the hassle of a young driver having a powerful car so long as there are restrictions on driver training before they get behind the wheel.

I have come from a hisory of both sponsoring and driving race and rally cars, I see myself as a good driver and will never push past any boundary where I know I can not come back from.

Sadly a lot of these stupid accidents happen when 18 year old tom has his 3 ******** mates in the car with him and then he has something to proove to them.

Driver training is the key, before you can even get into a Lada you should be trained in defensive driving

http://members.optusnet.com.au/xtwagon/index.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart
a toll bar hit my car because of my annoying padels
xtwagon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2006, 07:13 PM   #65
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hahhhh, another p'plate and powerful car thread.

Look, the dad shouldnt of sold it to his son especially if he cant drive a v8 in nsw. Thats the law, he will eventually get busted or most likely get involved in some inccident.

Myself, im a p'plater with a v8 (in vic, so its legal) and love my car. But most importantly its the way you drive the car that causes smashes. If you have respect and are defensive in your driving you should have no issue's.
SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2006, 12:42 AM   #66
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well he has had the car for a week or 2 and hasnt been pulled over yet. goes to show that the police arnt really looking out for these things. i think he is covered for insurance because his dad would have left it in his name.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:24 PM   #67
XFshep
Bodysnatcher

go P plate bashers, go.

thankyou to the reasonable adults here who can rationalise that all P platers do not buy V8s and flog them around the streets in the wet with no seatbelts on.

im on my P's, i like a bit of spirited driving now and again but who can honestly say they dont, in the 3 years ive been driving ive never come close to an accident and the only scratch on my car is from a rock on the side of a mates driveway that i couldnt see as i was backing out.
XFshep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2006, 07:35 PM   #68
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFshep
go P plate bashers, go.

thankyou to the reasonable adults here who can rationalise that all P platers do not buy V8s and flog them around the streets in the wet with no seatbelts on.

im on my P's, i like a bit of spirited driving now and again but who can honestly say they dont, in the 3 years ive been driving ive never come close to an accident and the only scratch on my car is from a rock on the side of a mates driveway that i couldnt see as i was backing out.
That's what happens when you live in the country. Shep ain't that busy. No ones invincable you know.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 09:44 AM   #69
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

From my experience, I would let all P plate drivers drive the cars that they want, just like when I was on my Ps however, if I was the dad with the SS, I would rip out the front passenger and rear bench seats leaving only the drivers seat there. All the DH P platers I see running amok on the roads usually always have ******* in the passenger seats egging on the hero behind the wheel.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:40 PM   #70
T2TL50
Proud Owner of a T 2TL50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
Some people have to learn the hard way inc parents. My mum and dad made my buy a good car for my 1st car, same with my sister. It's best to buy a crapper when you 1st get your p's. 3mths, I'd written it off and had a few other dents. My sister? She also wrote her car off. Her 1st car cost $10,000 and didn't last 12mths.

Many people I know have done similar to the above. It's just the experience of learning to drive.

Just goes to show that young drivers need to have more practice before given their license...

I WAS a p's plate up until 3 weeks ago... and I have driven the TL for 2 of those years and before that many other v8 fords... all not costing less then 20k ea... And I have never dinged them once. Nor even been close to having an accident...

I believe the thing that makes me a safe driver was the fact I had my uncle and his company car since I was 12 years of age...

Back in the good old efs... used to drive the back roads and dirt roads he used to tug the steering wheel and make me correct it... he used to put cones and large rocks on the road and make me do abs and non abs stops around them..

I believe it is all how you are thought...

Then and now I have never been scared of driving and I don’t believe I will be ever... I know I can judge a car better then most p's plate drivers... and my thoughts behind this are simple.... PRACTICE!!!!!!

My 2 c worth... again off topic but I get annoyed with people with this type of attitude...

And no this was not a stab at anyone here...

The T2 TL50!! Maybe You Will Own One, One Day!!
T2TL50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 08:52 PM   #71
Kil4Collingwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus
Just out of interest, does anybody know where this guy stands with insurance - both CTP and compehensive?
Exactly what I was thinking even if the car was still registered/insured in his fathers name, unless he had an exemption and the insurance company knew he was driving it I don't see any insurer saying "Oh you smashed your SS, you're on your P's you shouldn't be driving that, but we're a forgiving type so sure we'll pay up" ummmm, NO!
Kil4Collingwood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2006, 12:41 AM   #72
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

he'll be alright. its been 2 weeks and he aint been busted yet, i am shocked because i thought cops target p platers. maybe they dont notice him because he is driving safely. he has went from a 4 cylinda to a 6 cylinda and now an 8. i guess he crawled up the ranks pretty good and has the experience to drive it now.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:57 AM   #73
macca_779
Turbine Power

I got away with owning a VN SS in melbourne when I was 19. I knew the risk but didn't care. I had to have a V8.
macca_779 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2006, 12:39 PM   #74
xr8man83
Grunt Files

them laws gotta suck i think he will have a hard time getting insurance
xr8man83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 12:07 AM   #75
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well i just found out some interesting news. the reason he can get away with it is because he has a certificate saying it is the only family car available and he needs it for work. he has gotten a v8 and done it all legally by manipulating the system. i say good on him and it deffinantly was not a waste of money.
Old 27-12-2006, 02:27 AM   #76
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats good news. I sympathize will all the oppressed P platers in NSW and VIC.
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 09:53 AM   #77
Schlimmeh
BF XR8 Ute = Bluesmobile

20 Years ago I worked out you just have to remove the P plates if you want to avoid unecessary attention. Just have to watch out you don't get booked for speeding without the plates...
Schlimmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 02:46 PM   #78
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlimmeh
20 Years ago I worked out you just have to remove the P plates if you want to avoid unecessary attention. Just have to watch out you don't get booked for speeding without the plates...
I agree with you. I've driven without my p plates many times and have never got pulled over. I've come to the conclusion that the cops will never bother you unless you do something wrong. You still have to watch out for those random breath tests - they may check your licence - but in the 1yr 9months that i've had my licence i've yet to encounter one.
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post