Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-09-2014, 11:42 PM   #9211
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

Yeah right, spitting image of a VT and a Lancer...
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2014, 12:07 AM   #9212
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post

I agree mate. They look nothing alike.

If anything, the VT took its design for its rear tailights from the EF-EL and NF-NL.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2014, 12:13 AM   #9213
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

While we're passing around the bong with some interesting comparos to say the least.............I think a saving grace for the FGX XR8 will be the full length power bulge on the bonnet. I've always thought the current shorter version didn't look quite right on the current GS, GT V8s, especially when viewed side on.

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2014, 01:10 AM   #9214
pearlhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post

I don't see the resemblance?
pearlhead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 01:13 AM   #9215
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm1121 View Post
I finally realise why the turbo wheels look familiar
speaking of Audi... would any of you design whizzes be willing to mock up a Falcon pic with an Audi-style grille that runs all the way down?
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 01:16 AM   #9216
responsef6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Surprised by so much negativity. GTF threads went the same way before they hit the streets, then opinion seemed to swing around

I can't wait to see the XR lights behind me at night... Everyone must respect what ford have done with that... They look mean, and give the car a real character and life...almost Disney cars movie esq

FG X shark edition
Shark mouth, shark nose, shark eyes, shame the did do shark fin aerial to complete the look

Lancer is a reef shark, here comes Falcon, the great white, the daddy!

When Audi first came out with the big mouth look 8 years ago, I thought it looked horrible. Now it's grown on me (and obviously everyone else). I think anything a bit different takes some time to appreciate,I think that is fg x for us falcon fans.

When fg fpvs came out with panda eyes, I was horrified "what have they done". I remember before buying the f6 thinking about painting the bar. Now I can't imagine it with a plain colour across the front.

Again with GTF, I was praying please don't put a stripe across bonnet roof and boot, I don't want it to look too lairy, Then they did, I took some time to adjust, now I've got it and love the look of it, and happy it doesn't look "me too"

The moral is, don't prejudge, see them on the road and chances are, you'll want one. Lets be thankful our falcon hasn't gone out with a boring me too look like 98% of cars these days.

FGX Xr8 is a statement. I raided the piggyback for the GTF, but if I hadn't, I'd be all over this car like a rash. I will have to enjoy it vicariously through others now, which is still cool seeing a car you covet out on the road
Old 16-09-2014, 04:32 AM   #9217
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by byamin View Post
Some more From FB "Support the new 2014 Ford Falcon"
The xr6 and G6E Ecoboost

Ben

The XR8 at least will look heaps better than that photo as the bonnet scoop will give the nose a lot more depth.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 06:33 AM   #9218
08G63T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post

That just looks absolutely horrible.

I imagine seeing something like in the western suburbs of Sydney, being driven by 'lads'.

Here's a definition of what a lad is (courtesy of Urban Dictionary):

lad:
An Australian term used to describe teenagers who wear a nautica, polo or nike white hat, tilted upright revealing the front of their hair with the strap at the back done up tight so it is dangling out the back, a striped polo or nautica shirt with the collar popped and either saucony or nautica trackies or shorts, topped off with nike Tnz which are fresh. These lads think they are tough but are generally small and skinny and travel in packs trying to roll other innocent bystanders for their worth.
08G63T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2014, 06:57 AM   #9219
moparodbuster
8 GUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08G63T View Post
That just looks absolutely horrible.

I imagine seeing something like in the western suburbs of Sydney, being driven by 'lads'.

Here's a definition of what a lad is (courtesy of Urban Dictionary):

lad:
An Australian term used to describe teenagers who wear a nautica, polo or nike white hat, tilted upright revealing the front of their hair with the strap at the back done up tight so it is dangling out the back, a striped polo or nautica shirt with the collar popped and either saucony or nautica trackies or shorts, topped off with nike Tnz which are fresh. These lads think they are tough but are generally small and skinny and travel in packs trying to roll other innocent bystanders for their worth.
LMFAO!!!
moparodbuster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2014, 08:25 AM   #9220
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Oh no! There is a bit of plastic above the grille! Welcome to Mazda, Mercedes, BMW....

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-09-2014, 09:37 AM   #9221
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted View Post
If you cannot see the striking resemblance between the lancer and fgx it is probably you that is on something.
Nope I think he's right !
Fordman1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #9222
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Sorry Nikked, but there's a lot of similarities there mate.

I still want a new XR6 (not turbo). How much do we reckon they'll be and is an LSD completely out of the question on them? I'm guessing ~$60k drive away for XR8, ~$50k drive away for XR6 Turbo, ~$40-45k drive away for the XR6.
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 10:27 AM   #9223
LooLoo18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan D Segal View Post

I still want a new XR6 (not turbo). How much do we reckon they'll be and is an LSD completely out of the question on them? I'm guessing ~$60k drive away for XR8, ~$50k drive away for XR6 Turbo, ~$40-45k drive away for the XR6.
I would say take at least $5k off each of your drive away price even more on the non turbo XR6
XE Fairmont Ghia 4.9lt
EF Fairmont
AU Falcon II
BA MKII Fairmont
FG XR6 50TH
Current
Nissan Pulsar (The Wife's)
Ranger Wildtrak Chilli Orange
LooLoo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2014, 10:38 AM   #9224
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooLoo18 View Post
I would say take at least $5k off each of your drive away price even more on the non turbo XR6
I disagree with you and Polyal - especially on the non-turbo XR6. Here's why - the list price of new XR6s has been going up through the models, and has been between $37,990 and $40,990 between the BF and the FG II. This is without on-road costs.

Unless they buck that trend (and why would they with a new model that has more gear?) that gives you a drive-away between $40 and 45k all day long, unless you get some sort of discount.

We'll find out soon enough but IMHO they aren't going to heavily discount the new model for private buyers straight off the bat, and so the list price is what is relevant right now. In 2016 you will probably get the base XR6 for $33k drive away (like what they're doing them for now) but that's then this is now.

EDIT: Check the list-price for a FG II XT - it is like $37,000. Even that would be $40k driveaway without any discount applied.

Last edited by Alan D Segal; 16-09-2014 at 10:45 AM.
Old 16-09-2014, 11:04 AM   #9225
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

That may be the RRP but if you pay that you have rocks in your head. I paid less than your XR6 price for our new XR6T last year. On the road. With leather. Delivered 1000km to me.

Good luck achieving even today's monthly sales figures if they increase the price.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #9226
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
Oh no! There is a bit of plastic above the grille! Welcome to Mazda, Mercedes, BMW....

obviously they are not going to be the exact same but very very very similar.

Compare one of the upper spec lancers, they look even closer to the FGX..
HULK_I6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2014, 11:15 AM   #9227
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Who cares? Seriously? Unique is rare in the design world these days...hey they could've done a AU and run off and done something completely out of the box. Not. (No offence to AU as it's aged very well in the longer term)

Me thinks some just spit this stuff out to get a rise. Virtually EVERYTHING looks a bit like something else, and if it doesn't it's a helluva chance it can go wrong.
Old 16-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #9228
Hawkeye84

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
speaking of Audi... would any of you design whizzes be willing to mock up a Falcon pic with an Audi-style grille that runs all the way down?
I tried once very early in the speculation phase (using styling cues of the mondeo and territory), i dont think people liked it.

Last edited by Hawkeye84; 16-09-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Hawkeye84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #9229
LooLoo18

Quote:
I disagree with you and Polyal - especially on the non-turbo XR6. Here's why - the list price of new XR6s has been going up through the models, and has been between $37,990 and $40,990 between the BF and the FG II. This is without on-road costs.

Unless they buck that trend (and why would they with a new model that has more gear?) that gives you a drive-away between $40 and 45k all day long, unless you get some sort of discount.

We'll find out soon enough but IMHO they aren't going to heavily discount the new model for private buyers straight off the bat, and so the list price is what is relevant right now. In 2016 you will probably get the base XR6 for $33k drive away (like what they're doing them for now) but that's then this is now.

EDIT: Check the list-price for a FG II XT - it is like $37,000. Even that would be $40k driveaway without any discount applied.
Maybe this is why Ford don't sell cars!!!
XE Fairmont Ghia 4.9lt
EF Fairmont
AU Falcon II
BA MKII Fairmont
FG XR6 50TH
Current
Nissan Pulsar (The Wife's)
Ranger Wildtrak Chilli Orange
LooLoo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 12:01 PM   #9230
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

If Foa can bring in the FGX XR8 for only 60k drive away I will be a very happy man indeed

Cheers Mick
Old 16-09-2014, 12:05 PM   #9231
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

I still feel if they had given the nose a little more curve (across/around) they would have pulled it off... front on looks tough, 1/4 looks good, 3/4 is so-so but the side view is where it sticks out.

I think I understand why its this way... that flush fitting bonnet line requires that the width of that run of plastic is uniform across the front of the bonnet line, I dont pretend to know automotive design but the way I see it, had the bonnet had more curve and depth across the width of it the front profile would have been a little easier on the eye

If I see it in the flesh and its stunning ill take it all back and eat my words, but even in "2D" if you get an FG in the same angle it just works.

As the owner of a few FG's now I think for the rest of the car its fantastic. The car didnt need much over FG2 IMO, I just love my GS ute and the interior works perfect, dash is great and seats are very comfortable (apart from the creaking when big guys like me get in and hurt them) the tech-heads get Sync and the junkies get the SC engine in the XR8

XR6T should have got the 310 as a send off but the money for a new calibration obviously wasnt there and the G6ET was never going to get the 310 to make it work by doing them together.

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 12:10 PM   #9232
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooLoo18 View Post
Maybe this is why Ford don't sell cars!!!
People are willing to put down 30-36k for fiesta / Focus, they sell pretty well.
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 12:10 PM   #9233
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
That may be the RRP but if you pay that you have rocks in your head. I paid less than your XR6 price for our new XR6T last year. On the road. With leather. Delivered 1000km to me.

Good luck achieving even today's monthly sales figures if they increase the price.
With respect you bought a model that had been out for a couple years, around the time that they said they were closing up manufacturing in this country. I know what people have been paying for falcons isn't anywhere near list price (which on your car ends up being about $55k drive away in Queensland), but if you think you're going to get massive discounts as a private buyer on the new model close to launch I think you'll be disappointed.
Old 16-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #9234
Mighty Reds
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm off to the local Holden dealer to place an order for a VF, I wont be seen driving a car that resembles some inferior piece of junk.

OH WAIT.....

Mighty Reds is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #9235
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:

They can put a RRP of whatever they like...but if is to high it wont sell and watch the deals roll in towards then end...id be hanging off.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 12:36 PM   #9236
elfinke

This thread is very circular, like all Internet forums I guess. I go away for 10 pages and come back to much the same discussions

Thanks for the new pics, the XR in emporer looks bloody terrific. The comparo pic with the RSpec ahead is similarly great, and as great as the RSpec looks, it immediately looks dated next to the fresher FGX, in the same way the VF made the VE look old.

Man, can't wait.
elfinke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 12:42 PM   #9237
Black F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

45k for a NA6 lol, I paid 58k for my F6
10.25@138mph FG XR6T (new toy) (Nizpro)
Black F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #9238
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfinke View Post
This thread is very circular, like all Internet forums I guess. I go away for 10 pages and come back to much the same discussions

Thanks for the new pics, the XR in emporer looks bloody terrific. The comparo pic with the RSpec ahead is similarly great, and as great as the RSpec looks, it immediately looks dated next to the fresher FGX, in the same way the VF made the VE look old.

Man, can't wait.

With all the moaning and groaning about the FGX design at least this time Foa took the crayon off the 4 year old that was responsible for the colour pallet on the RSpec.

Cheers Mick
Old 16-09-2014, 01:01 PM   #9239
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
They can put a RRP of whatever they like...but if is to high it wont sell and watch the deals roll in towards then end...id be hanging off.
I agree. But I think it is more relevant to discuss list price for people who are thinking about buying the new model soon after launch, rather than the irrelevant posts about what discounts people got after that model had been out a couple years. Who here bought a FG XR6 in 2008 or a FG II XR6 in late 2010 or early 2011? What price did you Pay?
Old 16-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #9240
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
The wheels aren't enough, the bumpers, interior and that spoiler really make it, adding all those bits would quickly eat up any saving if each part was 1500-2000. Not to mention the 6/4 brakes.

Either way without the gt and the people who love it the Miami would never have been made.

The XR8 will be the performance bargain of the decade but only because of how great the GT was before it.
Well - not sure about bargain of the decade.
The look of the car might take a while to grow on people. XR8 will likely be @ 60K on the road - (if not more.) The interior pics clearly show that there is no quantum leap in interior ergonomics,kit or layout - so you still "feel" like you're in an FG. So based on that - I reckon the outgoing FG2 GT is the performance bargain of the decade. You basically get FGX stuff with the GT badge ! Kind of a weird WIN/WIN retrospective situation.

Difficult if you're in the market for a "new" Ford V8 I reckon. Old/New or New/Old The badge might be the clincher....
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: