Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 04:10 PM   #91
JAYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12sec 3V XT
My point is i like 3V's more, you seem to have issue's with that? probly because like many GT owners youv spent the big dollars on a badge and a car that is no better than a modded V8 XT, iv have never said the 3V is superior you have just canned them and said they are inferior even though and you have never driven a modded one? In my opinion the 3V and 4V's are fairly sad in stock form, you say there are alot more fast 4V's out there,im shocked.... look at the aftermarket development that has gone into the boss motor by various company's compared to the 3V and they still keep up, if the same amount of companys had invested as much time into the 3V it would be a differant story, the boss motor is more commercialy viable thats why alot more development has gone into it, get over yourself and realise that everyone has differant tastes.Flat 13 in street trim by the way
Im just stating facts, not tastes.. if your modding..dollar for dollar the 4V will hose a 3V....what you prefer is what you prefer, but your the one that started putting the 4V motors down,
and i dont have a GT just an xr8 and a mildly modded 3V ute in the family. But i can appreciate a GT is better than my car
to say a GT is no better than your taxi shows how blind and bias you are to what you own, so there is no point stating facts to you anymore,
Old 03-05-2007, 04:25 PM   #92
FORD3V
5.4L 3V V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBA
Im just stating facts, not tastes.. if your modding..dollar for dollar the 4V will hose a 3V....what you prefer is what you prefer, but your the one that started putting the 4V motors down,
and i dont have a GT just an xr8 and a mildly modded 3V ute in the family. But i can appreciate a GT is better than my car
to say a GT is no better than your taxi shows how blind and bias you are to what you own, so there is no point stating facts to you anymore,
I didnt put the 4V down mate, except in stock form,why do you think a GT is better than your XR8,BA i assume? and a 4V has never hosed a 3V dollar for dollar,my cars mods are blue power airbox, di fillipo exhaust, custom edit and 3.46 lsd, the internals of the motor are entirely stock.

Last edited by 12sec 3V XT; 03-05-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #93
JAYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
3V ute you say, mmmmm, 11 seconds possibly with a ute? and no one has done that before.
dont know what your talking about..
but just saw how your Xt does a 12.7
ha...racing wheels and drag slicks took out the passenger seat, rear seat, dropped the exhaust, tow bar off, aftermarket clutch, gears, plus all the bolt ons....what does your 3V do in street trim 13.4 wasnt it? :
Old 03-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #94
FORD3V
5.4L 3V V8

Flat 13 in street trim, it's a 5 speed manual to, the only GT's/XR8's that have got similar times are all auto's with 4.11's, atleast i love my car mate unlike you who just envy's people with GT'S :MrT_anim:
Old 03-05-2007, 04:44 PM   #95
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Hey, I take offence to the taxi remark. My car's not yellow, but it does have a light up sign on the roof! (that's tongue in cheek people, I'm not weighing into this argument)

I thought this thread was about what Ford should do to combat Holdens V8s not how Ford can combat Ford.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Old 03-05-2007, 04:46 PM   #96
JAYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
And its a 5 speed manual to, the only GT's/XR8's that have got near those times are all auto's with 4.11's.
well thats bullsh*t, and hang one isnt craigs xr8 a manual..whhat did that do..
12.1's wasnt it
Old 03-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #97
JAYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8GLI
Hey, I take offence to the taxi remark. My car's not yellow, but it does have a light up sign on the roof! (that's tongue in cheek people, I'm not weighing into this argument)

I thought this thread was about what Ford should do to combat Holdens V8s not how Ford can combat Ford.
yeh your right sorry to offend, was just making a point about comparing a basic xt to a Gt..there are too many differences
Old 03-05-2007, 04:58 PM   #98
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Okay Children, this Thread is about a Chevrolet V8, I can't see anything in the Title mentioning Insulting each other. Keep a lid on it or the Thread will be closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
Old 03-05-2007, 04:58 PM   #99
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
yeh your right sorry to offend, was just making a point about comparing a basic xt to a Gt..there are too many differences
No probs, I wasnt really offended was just a light hearted joke. A bad one but a joke none the less :

Dont worry, if I could have afforded a GT I would have bought one. But I am happy with my humble 3V and I have no delusions of grandure.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Old 03-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #100
jimmy_c
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

4 pages of people going off 3V v's 4V. LOL in a thread about 6.2 LS3 V8.

I like my 3V ghia and I like the 4V 260s and 290s each to there own.

The common theme is clear. Ford need to step up and give us what we want. I have the cash I would buy a decent Ford Powered V8.

i.e something like the NEW LS3
Old 03-05-2007, 05:16 PM   #101
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Warning Ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
Closed Thread