Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-05-2015, 05:15 PM   #91
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New Aurion Presara $50,490 !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
I placed up video to prove it..
You played a video. You did not, however, prove much of anything.
3 users like this post:
Old 29-05-2015, 05:59 PM   #92
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
http://www.caradvice.com.au/356635/2...pecifications/
Does anyone buy the Presara???? at $50,490 I suppose they must to keep making it!!!!
So simple and yet simply brilliant...obvious but irresistible.

Bravo sir!!!

4 pages already, and could result in a new user Hulk_HighKMterry
This user likes this post:
Old 29-05-2015, 06:59 PM   #93
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

On the subject of the OP, the same question could be asked of the G-series Falcon.

But anyway, carry on...
Old 29-05-2015, 07:52 PM   #94
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seeing it's Aurion night -

Aurion vs XR6 turbo -
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M5cYgdzm8bM

TRD Aurion 0-100
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wouZm9WIYyM

Aurion at the drags - bwahaha....good on him.....check out the company around him in the line ups-and try not to laugh.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NWRXlZZ-AT4

Old 29-05-2015, 08:03 PM   #95
DK30RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisandsharon View Post
Seeing it's Aurion night -

Aurion vs XR6 turbo -
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M5cYgdzm8bM

TRD Aurion 0-100
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wouZm9WIYyM

Aurion at the drags - bwahaha....good on him.....check out the company around him in the line ups-and try not to laugh.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NWRXlZZ-AT4

Some really relevant comparisons there. Not!!!!
Old 29-05-2015, 08:12 PM   #96
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
The roof trim problem I have never experienced on any other car- despite age. It was a fault with Camry- the motor upholstery guy said they stuffed up the glue-bonding- he had a great profitable business re-doing the roofs in camrys.
Most of the second hand Falcons I looked at had a falling down roof trim. One had been replaced by the previous owner with carpet. Salesman told me most Falcons do it, but they'd pop a new lining in for me. Definitely not a Camry only thing.

My previous car was a Corolla. I have to say, a lot of people on the forum would love it. It didn't have auto anything except for the power windows in the front. Quite often I read how crap auto this or that is, you have eyes, etc.

And you know what? You could change the head unit. Didn't take much to have a far better sound system than my G6E, with more functionality.

There's one thing the Aurion has going for it no Falcon does. In two years you'll be able to buy one.
Old 29-05-2015, 08:32 PM   #97
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK30RB View Post
Some really relevant comparisons there. Not!!!!
bwahahaha.......pin a medal on your chest.......none of it was relevant, are you taking this thread seriously
Old 29-05-2015, 08:34 PM   #98
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

I don't car how good a Camry is, purchasing one would be an admission of advancing years.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
3 users like this post:
Old 29-05-2015, 09:09 PM   #99
uniacidz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw the blue coloured version with black rims tonight.

Looked terrible to me.
VX SS (R.I.P)
VE Berlina
Old 29-05-2015, 09:24 PM   #100
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The annoying thing about the Camry/Aurion is that they are a good car. Really good.

Are they an engaging exciting drive? No. Are they a pin-sharp-handling rip-snorting rocket? No. Do they look exciting? No...although the new ones do look a hell of a lot better than the old ones.
But as "a car"? They're perfectly fine. Nothing wrong with them. Economical for a sizeable car, comfortable, handles OK, the Aurion has a sweet 200kw V6 in it that spins quite nicely.

"White goods on wheels"...? Yes, I suppose so. But what percentage of people actually care about 0-100 times, and quarter mile figures? 5%? 10%? When we bought the G6E I asked to look under the bonnet, and was told I was the first person in maybe three months who had actually wanted to see under there...no one cares anymore.

There's a reason that "bland" (in some peoples minds) sells bloody well. It sells...and this is a dirty word in some peoples philosophy about car sales...volume...and that's how you survive as a manufacturer of cars for the general public.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-05-2015, 09:41 PM   #101
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the older ones look alot better than the newer ones.

2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
7 users like this post:
Old 29-05-2015, 09:43 PM   #102
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
The annoying thing about the Camry/Aurion is that they are a good car. Really good.

Are they an engaging exciting drive? No. Are they a pin-sharp-handling rip-snorting rocket? No. Do they look exciting? No...although the new ones do look a hell of a lot better than the old ones.
But as "a car"? They're perfectly fine. Nothing wrong with them. Economical for a sizeable car, comfortable, handles OK, the Aurion has a sweet 200kw V6 in it that spins quite nicely.

"White goods on wheels"...? Yes, I suppose so. But what percentage of people actually care about 0-100 times, and quarter mile figures? 5%? 10%? When we bought the G6E I asked to look under the bonnet, and was told I was the first person in maybe three months who had actually wanted to see under there...no one cares anymore.

There's a reason that "bland" (in some peoples minds) sells bloody well. It sells...and this is a dirty word in some peoples philosophy about car sales...volume...and that's how you survive as a manufacturer of cars for the general public.
Maybe some of us have an aversion to lukewarm, mediocre and average. We would rather have something extremely hot or something extremely cold.
Old 29-05-2015, 09:54 PM   #103
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Maybe some of us have an aversion to lukewarm, mediocre and average. We would rather have something extremely hot or something extremely cold.
"Some" is just it.
Oh I agree with you...but it's a vanishingly small number of people who want something really really hot.

It's like an Asian restaurant...you can count on the fingers of one hand how many people in a week will order a really really stinking hot curry. Most people buy something mild, and even more buy something "tame". Some buy a super hot curry and regret it, attempting to force it down but really not enjoying it, while pretending to their friends that they're OK, they're really enjoying themselves, honest...but inside they honestly think they're about to die and are promising themselves they won't be so silly again.

However, the restaurants will keep making super hot curries for the small number who want them. But they know deep down they won't sell a lot, and some restaurants will know that a lot of buyers of the hot stuff will buy them even though they never have any intention of really enjoying it...they just like to pretend to their mates they do...
But occasionally along will come a connoisseur who is expecting a really hot item on the menu, who knows how to enjoy it properly, and tries it out happily...only to be disappointed and find the item has all the subtlety of a bull in a china shop...yes it's hot as hell, but it's obviously been slapped together by a chef who really hasn't tried hard enough...
2 users like this post:
Old 29-05-2015, 10:22 PM   #104
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudPipes View Post
I’m in my 70’s and I have a lot of friends who own various models of the Camry and they do everything that is asked of them.

up a prescription, Thursdays at the bowling club, Sundays at Church if it isn’t too early, park across the bays at Coles Carpark, Sunday drives any day of the week, they go forwards and backwards, scrape along gate posts and bollards and a place to store a hat just to name a few.

My friends believe they are one of the most versatile cars ever and they look great in white.
Can I please check with you on this; when you unnecessarily sit in the right hand lane doing 80-90; do you think of others behind you, who are going mentally insane?
Old 29-05-2015, 10:45 PM   #105
prydey
Rob

well, i know first hand that an Aurion won't 'smoke' an FG non turbo.

mine is 6sp, (i'd say an Aurion would beat a 5sp), and whilst it wasn't a flogging, i was in front by about 3/4 a car. the owner of the Aurion was a workmate, so we knew we were both giving it 100%

they go well, but lets dispense with the 'smoke' type language. a win in either corner isn't by a very big margin.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-05-2015, 12:50 AM   #106
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post

Original Aurion had front and rear fascia, lights and skirts done by the guy who designed BA XR6. Its a decent make-over compared to the squinty eyed, melting iceblock look of the donor 06-12 Camry, which it shares the bodywork with. Guess Toyota didnt bother with Australian styling for the new model, as Aurions were not the 'game changing' vehicle for the large car class that Toyota Aus thought it would be.
Old 30-05-2015, 02:51 AM   #107
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford17 View Post

Can I please check with you on this; when you unnecessarily sit in the right hand lane doing 80-90; do you think of others behind you, who are going mentally insane?
If that reference is because you think I drive a Toyota then I don't, many of my friends in my age group do so I’ll have to ask them.

The rest of us enjoy owning cars and that's also why I enjoy this forum.

If it's because I'm old then that doesn't automatically mean I've lost my facilities.

I only use the right hand lane when over taking which is quite often.

So to be honest if you were coming up quickly behind me while I was in the right hand lane, if caught you’d be at serious risk of having your licence thrown away.

I grew up out west and learnt you can’t afford to be slow or it takes forever to get anywhere, I’m no dawdler on the road.

I also like to think I’m courteous and if someone is moving faster than me and wants to risk it by being 15km or more over the limit then as soon as I saw them coming I’d be out of their way long before they got to me.

I do constantly check my mirrors regardless of what lane I may be in.
Old 30-05-2015, 04:15 AM   #108
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Of cause the alternative answer is, if it’s at all possible I try to make everyone hate old people as much as I hate getting old.

You’re mental instability is as important to me as mine is.
Old 30-05-2015, 08:09 AM   #109
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If that reference is because you think I drive a Toyota then I don't, many of my friends in my age group do so I’ll have to ask them.
Sorry mate - for some reason I thought you did, or at least pretended to.
My bad.

Quote:
If it's because I'm old then that doesn't automatically mean I've lost my facilities.
Nope - nothing against older or more mature people either.
Originally thought you were having a laugh - got it wrong - sorry about that.

Quote:

I only use the right hand lane when over taking which is quite often.

So to be honest if you were coming up quickly behind me while I was in the right hand lane, if caught you’d be at serious risk of having your licence thrown away.

I grew up out west and learnt you can’t afford to be slow or it takes forever to get anywhere, I’m no dawdler on the road.

I also like to think I’m courteous and if someone is moving faster than me and wants to risk it by being 15km or more over the limit then as soon as I saw them coming I’d be out of their way long before they got to me.

I do constantly check my mirrors regardless of what lane I may be in
I'm sure you're a decent operator behind the wheel.

Your description of what the Camry is useful for, though, was spot-on.

Can't think of a more apt vehicle for picking up prescriptions, parking a hat in, and getting to the bowls club in.

Last edited by Ford17; 30-05-2015 at 08:16 AM.
Old 30-05-2015, 08:21 AM   #110
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Old people clogging up traffic in Toyotas"...?
I was driving myself and my offsider back to the depot along the Capricorn highway a week or so back when we were held up in the 110 zone by a line of traffic behind something up ahead. People were overtaking as the chance came, but we were only sitting between 80 and 90 kph at the most.
Got to the front of the queue and found the surprising reason...a new Commodore GTS, Walkinshaw badges, all the fruit, burbly big exhaust. Overtook and it was some old guy driving it, hunched over the wheel in a stereotypical "old man" way.
Yet on other occasions we've been overtaken by a plain old Camry or Aurion doing warp 9 late at night, being driven like a demon.

You don't have to neccisarily be driving a particular make of car to be driving like "an old person"...it's the driver, not the car...
2 users like this post:
Old 30-05-2015, 08:28 AM   #111
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post

You're being very charitable here - I think it's more of a case of which one is the least ugly.
Old 30-05-2015, 08:36 AM   #112
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I was driving myself and my offsider back to the depot along the Capricorn highway a week or so back when we were held up in the 110 zone by a line of traffic behind something up ahead. People were overtaking as the chance came, but we were only sitting between 80 and 90 kph at the most.
Got to the front of the queue and found the surprising reason...a new Commodore GTS, Walkinshaw badges, all the fruit, burbly big exhaust. Overtook and it was some old guy driving it, hunched over the wheel in a stereotypical "old man" way.
Yet on other occasions we've been overtaken by a plain old Camry or Aurion doing warp 9 late at night, being driven like a demon.

You don't have to neccisarily be driving a particular make of car to be driving like "an old person"...it's the driver, not the car...
At the next opportunity - double-check the car which is holding up the traffic, and/or is ultimately responsible for unnecessary congestion in the right-hand lane of any given highway.

I reckon 8/10 times it's a Camry.
Old 30-05-2015, 08:47 AM   #113
prydey
Rob

its actually refreshing to see that there is a handful of members on here that can look past the badge and acknowledge that other marques do make reasonable products. for most families, the Aurion is every bit as capable as the comparable falcon or commodore. the final decision most times would come down to personal choice, and that is what we have a lot of in this country.

i used to automatically snub my nose at anything not wearing a blue oval as well, but as an adult you realise there are many different tastes out there, and if we are honest about what we actually 'need' from a car, then many cars will fit the bill.

being 'enthusiasts' though, what we 'want' from a car usually far outweighs the 'needs' column.
Old 30-05-2015, 08:50 AM   #114
prydey
Rob

Quote:
At the next opportunity - double-check the car which is holding up the traffic, and/or is ultimately responsible for unnecessary congestion in the right-hand lane of any given highway.

wrong. over 250 models available on the australian market and you think 80% of the time, its a camry holding people up??

as mentioned in the post you quoted, its the driver not the car. admittedly, certain types of drivers do seem to be attracted to certain makes of car, but i wouldn't say they are the overwhelming majority.
Old 30-05-2015, 09:07 AM   #115
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
wrong. over 250 models available on the australian market and you think 80% of the time, its a camry holding people up??.

Yes - Pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
as mentioned in the post you quoted, its the driver not the car. admittedly, certain types of drivers do seem to be attracted to certain makes of car
Yes, they are.
Old 30-05-2015, 02:45 PM   #116
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:

Funny you should mention the GTS as there’s an old fellow who lives a few streets from me and I swear he looks 90 in the shade though I am exaggerating, he be probably 70 or so.

He drives a FPV FG GT and in his garage for the sunny days is a E49 Charger and a restored truck that's an early 40’s Ford.

He’s obviously a car enthusiast and I often see him in the GT and he’s at the other end of the spectrum as he’s definitely no slow coach.

Last edited by Express; 30-05-2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old 30-05-2015, 02:48 PM   #117
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I drive a 96 camry v6 as a daily....... I couldnt care less what people say or think of my car.

Its a great car, 71,000km, 19 years old and has no trouble getting me around. I cant really fault it.

Because of this, when the time comes I will more than likely replace it with another toyota, perhaps a 2011 Aurion. I could do a lot worse..................
Old 30-05-2015, 03:51 PM   #118
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

to be honest its more likely to be a duel cab ute or SUV. only because thats what everyone seems to want nowdays.
Old 30-05-2015, 07:30 PM   #119
hadyh
HADYH

For what its worth I bought my 2010 Aurion Presara brand new , it was alot under 50k and after 4years and only, 10klms I got good money and no issues given the Ks were low. I can say its a very nice car with the lot and many people would be surprised how they go. If I didn't have to up date it I would of kept it but I only keep it for 3 -4 years max.

My fords are for keeps ....
Old 30-05-2015, 08:20 PM   #120
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last edited by chrisandsharon; 30-05-2015 at 08:30 PM.
Closed Thread