Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-08-2012, 01:18 AM   #91
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) has today launched a new look limited edition Ute.

looks great for a styleside ute!! i like it!!
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2012, 03:26 AM   #92
IDT
Marko

Default Re: Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) has today launched a new look limited edition Ute.

I wont be buying one. Misses the mark in all respects other than whats under the bonnet. In my opinion the colour's are tacky and scream cheap. Change the colour to blueprint, put on some dragway style rims and some minor chrome accents. and loose the stripes! Anyone up for a photoshop challenge?
Old 14-08-2012, 05:09 AM   #93
strik9
aka fpv747

optional extra ........ two bricks on a rope tied to the door handle ready to throw out the window for extra stopping power. 6k
strik9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2012, 05:55 AM   #94
red_hotxr6
Banned

This thing looks good, eye catching at least.....
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2012, 07:11 AM   #95
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as per usual a positive thread is polluted by the know it all few...
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #96
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDT
I wont be buying one. Misses the mark in all respects other than whats under the bonnet. In my opinion the colour's are tacky and scream cheap. Change the colour to blueprint, put on some dragway style rims and some minor chrome accents. and loose the stripes! Anyone up for a photoshop challenge?
Well, go buy a second hand XR8 and cheapen up then with your drag rims and fake chrome.

seesh...

full of idots here.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #97
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Blue print ..... . Might as well add some Convo Pros and put the blower through the bonnet 6/71 style while where at it.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #98
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looks awesome, looking forward to selling out on what we have coming.
barra240t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #99
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's just as ugly as all factory FG utes. In fact probably more so. It would gain some credibility if Ford / FPV can sort out that stupid rear wheel offset so at least the rear tub won't look as it is now, a tack on! Sorry! I would be interested in eyeballing this combo if it were on a sedan.

edit:- didn't see the Rspec thread !

Last edited by duaned; 14-08-2012 at 08:37 AM.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #100
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Well, go buy a second hand XR8 and cheapen up then with your drag rims and fake chrome.

seesh...

full of idots here.
Um no, who are you to talk... plenty of frustrated and disappointed potential buyers wanting Ford to give us a decent V8 ute like years gone by not this lame over priced sticker pack attempt.
smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #101
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Keep it on topic and drop the personal insults.

My rspec ban stick also has new colours, wider tyres and new suspension and needs to be tested.....dong ma?
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #102
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo
Um no, who are you to talk... plenty of frustrated and disappointed potential buyers wanting Ford to give us a decent V8 ute like years gone by not this lame over priced sticker pack attempt.
The question is would you buy one?

I think its a positive what we have been given.... They could have given us nothing!!!

If I had the cash I would buy a sedan today!!! I just love the bright wheels... That's probably why I bought a Dash GT!!! I want something that stands out. GT-E sales are a good indication of what buyers don't want, plane jane!
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #103
GeZza200
EL Sleeper

They need to get rid of the horrid Pursuit badge on the tailgate and get much nicer looking exhaust tips!
Old 14-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #104
BENSFPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
The question is would you buy one?

I think its a positive what we have been given.... They could have given us nothing!!!

If I had the cash I would buy a sedan today!!! I just love the bright wheels... That's probably why I bought a Dash GT!!! I want something that stands out. GT-E sales are a good indication of what buyers don't want, plane jane!
No I wouldn't buy this ute, sedan yes no question cant understand people sooking about the sedan. Just like when they released the first BA MK11 Super Pursuit at the motor show in 2005 I bought it and if they released another like that I would buy straight away and I'm sure I would not be the only one. Yes its a positive something but to me its still a nothing. Sorry FPV wave goodbye to money.
BENSFPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #105
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDT
Dragway style rims on an FPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeZza200
They need to get rid of the horrid Pursuit badge on the tailgate and get much nicer looking exhaust tips!
The red Pursuit badge is the best part, looks good.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #106
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
The reason it doesn't get the 335 engine is due to the rear end/tailshaft not being strong enough. They are not going to beef up the rear end for 75 cars, the price per unit would be astronomical to cover the R&D costs.

But in saying that it does suck that a Pursuit does not have the full spec GT engine like all the previous Pursuits did. Its been very watered down.
9" diff, fixed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
I think even 315KW and 500nm+ of torque is pushing the borders for something with leaf springs on the rear.
More leaves, fixed!!

I have to go for a drive in one of these utes one day, just to put a smile on my face..

Ed
Old 14-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #107
steve.zissou
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have 200,000km on my fg xr6 turbo and can upgrade whenever i want - and i want that v8 sound bad - but i aint going to pay 60k for this.

Its basically just the GS with different bling. Id ont want bling I want substance: ie:

1) brake upgrade - 303mm on the rear - come on
2) 8" rear wheels? come on
3)315 v8 (doesnt really worry me because i would get a tune) but come on
4)why dont they wack in a true trac diff - that would be cool
5) same crappy sound system - put an amp and sub in like the sedan
6)where are the twin rear pipes - does it come with the bi-modal exhaust - come on

so I can stick with my manual xr6 turbo that has run 300rwkw and 700+nm for 140,000 of its 200,000km life with no issues (and it would have a harder life than 99.9999 of utes out there) - so i cant see ute reliability being an issue regarding bigger tyres or more power.

or i can spend 40k change over and get the pursuit (or a GS as they are the same).

WWJD - keep the xr6 turbo - spend 8 grand to get it to 400+ rwkw and a true trac and buy a speed boat as well.
steve.zissou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #108
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD 351 Ute
9" diff, fixed!!

Show me where Ford can source factory 9 inch diffs from.

Ford haven't made them for a very long time.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #109
V8UTE

Well done FPV. I'm in the market for a ute and although this ute is a bit over the top styling for me, I'm sure a ute that will suit me is coming along in the future. Just so glad they havnt forgotten the ute.
V8UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #110
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Quote:
Show me where Ford can source factory 9 inch diffs from.

Ford haven't made them for a very long time.
It's all in jest Boss, just trying to lighten things up a bit.

Ed
Old 14-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #111
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD 351 Ute
It's all in jest Boss, just trying to lighten things up a bit.

Ed
I thought that was pretty clear.

Quote:
The reason it doesn't get the 335 engine is due to the rear end/tailshaft not being strong enough. They are not going to beef up the rear end for 75 cars, the price per unit would be astronomical to cover the R&D costs.

But in saying that it does suck that a Pursuit does not have the full spec GT engine like all the previous Pursuits did. Its been very watered down.
Is that 100%??

What I dont understand is what happens to the 315 owners that mod their cars to a 335 level? Whats that a cat back and airbox mod?..not much to make the car not meet requirements?

Now thats not really FPV's concern you could say, but unless like previously stated they have some super model plan to come why has it taken so "long" to get the 335 in there? And given the circumstances why would you not do it now instead of in a years time, as if that was the case then its not a matter of money.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #112
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Think some forget ..... they have only 75 to move. That is all. If you do not like it ...... well actually ..... stiff! There will be more people than the 75 who will be more than happy and those who are not interested should just continue on their merry way ...... or buy a GS 315, or a 6, or a 6 Turbo, or a Ranger, or a Maloo. Don't have to crap on it so much if it aint for them as thats why there are other choices.

And no .... for those who are a little ill informed ..... the new Pursuit isn't a GS with stripes ....... very obviously.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #113
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Styling wise, this looks great. Very nice.
Pretty disappointed about the brakes and wheels though.
Only thing it shares with the new GT R-Spec is the colour scheme.
Is the interior GT spec at least? Does it have GT leather seats?

I'll stick with my Cobra ute for now. Still think its the best limited edition ute FPV have done to date.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2012, 04:04 AM   #114
IDT
Marko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked

seesh...

full of idots here.
Full of idiots? So I take it you will be buying one?
I bet they don't sell all 75 units "NEW".

There aren't enough people with the cash who want the try hard black and red with tacky coloured rims. We will see them on car sales as ex demos in 6months time.

If this colour set up works they should sell all the black and red RSpec sedans before they sell the other colours. As for chrome, seems ok on the G6E and the GTE.

I see plenty of FG sedans and utes with Chrome aftermarket rims getting around and I like the look

But hey your opinion is the one that matters
Old 15-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #115
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDT
As for chrome, seems ok on the G6E and the GTE.

I see plenty of FG sedans and utes with Chrome aftermarket rims getting around and I like the look
Exactly!

You can already buy Falcons/FPV's with a more sedate look with the chrome and colour coded bits.

Hence, the Pursuit ute's aim of being the opposite, for those who don't want chrome...for those who want thoughness...

Im sure if FPV felt the need for a ute version of a GTE...it would have been done...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #116
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Dealers have snapped up the lot already, some my end up as demos but I'd expect that the bulk will sell pretty quickly.

FPV don't care about the great unwashed, they have a narrow range of products for specific buyers
and have enough following with them to get back on track, sales are actually starting to come back
so time will tell but I'm predicting that R Spec will be a big success and lead to more exciting variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
And no .... for those who are a little ill informed ..... the new Pursuit isn't a GS with stripes ....... very obviously.
Well said,
it's a shame that people don't read more before shooting from the hip...
These are great cars with a lot of appeal, buyers that like them will throw down,
those that are flat out don't like them or critical for whatever reason can please themselves....

Last edited by jpd80; 15-08-2012 at 09:12 AM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #117
BENSFPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
Think some forget ..... they have only 75 to move. That is all. If you do not like it ...... well actually ..... stiff! There will be more people than the 75 who will be more than happy and those who are not interested should just continue on their merry way ...... or buy a GS 315, or a 6, or a 6 Turbo, or a Ranger, or a Maloo. Don't have to crap on it so much if it aint for them as thats why there are other choices.

I think that last comment speaks for why Ford or Fpv dont sell as many cars as they should. Just go buy another brand because we dont make a car that most of our previous customers bought before and want to buy now. Repeat business is the most important. Stiff is not the attitude you want when selling cars.

Yes and you're right its the 'NEW' Pursuit because its less equipped than the old ones.
Old 15-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #118
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENSFPV
I think that last comment speaks for why Ford or Fpv dont sell as many cars as they should. Just go buy another brand because we dont make a car that most of our previous customers bought before and want to buy now. Repeat business is the most important. Stiff is not the attitude you want when selling cars.

Yes and you're right its the 'NEW' Pursuit because its less equipped than the old ones.
The first five months, FPV sold 360 odd vehicles but in in the last two they've nearly doubled that.

FPV must be doing something right.....
Bringing a car to market is conditional on it being viable and profitable, Ford is no longer a charity for maybe return buyers.
Expending resources on a very few sales is not where Ford wants to be, FPV can do that but only at a premium price.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #119
BENSFPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
The first five months, FPV sold 360 odd vehicles but in in the last two they've nearly doubled that.

FPV must be doing something right.....
Bringing a car to market is conditional on it being viable and profitable, Ford is no longer a charity for maybe return buyers.
Expending resources on a very few sales is not where Ford wants to be, FPV can do that but only at a premium price.
Thats great news on the sales front but I can only wonder how many more sales they could have with the right vehicles on the market. No Im not after charity Im prepared to part with good money now not maybe as long as the product is right all businesses need to make profit I understand that. Premium price Im fine with that just make a premium model. Hsv can make it sell and its expensive and no I can never bring myself to buy a Holden which is why Im still waiting patiently
Old 15-08-2012, 11:16 AM   #120
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

C'mon, the diff has needed to be beefed up in the falcons(and crumydoors) for a real long time, it's about time they did something, and the centre bearings are just as useles, they have a decent hike in price so its not outa the question for a true track and some stronger axles along with a better c/bearing
tezxr8man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post